Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] (38400 Views)

Girl Breaks 30yr Old Rule To Enter Boys Hostel. See How Boys Reacted (photos) / University Of Abuja Girls Hostel Was Burnt Down. / Aborted Baby Found In Madonna University Girls' Hostel (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Kenneth205(m): 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Many grls will soon be pregnant, dem don get excuse to pack go bf(man) house
Anytin weh dem eyes see make dem collect
#mouthclosed#

grin Wicked!
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Melasam(f): 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
Missfavourblog:
Jesus
where is He?
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Adesewa19(f): 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
Jesus... shocked
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by ailehwise(m): 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
One idiot still remember to carry carton of indomee out
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by churchkilo(m): 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
korel9:
APC must be responsible for this abi na PDP since baton has changed hands? grin
korel9:
APC must be responsible for this abi na PDP since baton has changed hands? grin
Uyo is not a state but the capital of Akwa Ibom and a federal uni
LAfricana:
embarassed University of Uyo no try at all o undecided, is that a hostel, abi poultry
How would we b talking of automatic fire detectors there... Thank God no life was lost
Abeg, Uyo state government, do something about those hostel, residing there can affect the reasoning of the students..
Talk about shallow thinkings...
Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa
Uyo is not a state but the capital of Akwa Ibom and a federal uni
has always been a Pdp state don't make mistakes about it
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Danosaur007(m): 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
LAfricana:
embarassed University of Uyo no try at all o undecided, is that a hostel, abi poultry

How would we b talking of automatic fire detectors there... Thank God no life was lost

Abeg, Uyo state government, do something about those hostel, residing there can affect the reasoning of the students..
Talk about shallow thinkings.....

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa
Oga it is AWKA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT..
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by myklangelo(m): 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tnk God no life lost. The hostel looks old sha.

I don't disappoint, the 2nd Igbo language weekend tutorial is out in my blog. It is educative in a new way. Visit my blog.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Pweezy(m): 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
Used to be a regular guest @ dis hostel bk in d days...used to call it poultry...imagine rooms with 16 girls in it...heat reloaded
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by millionaireman: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
Sorry o. But the hostel looks more like "batchers" where pigs are bred. Is that a federal or state university?
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by chichichilolo1(f): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
My two colleagues were affected...it was their that was burnt...she said the fire was caused by a faulty socket in the room
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by cvibe2: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
ok
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Feranmicharles(m): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
loomer:
Too bad.
I've been seeing agarawu23 here and there 4 mr NL,who is dis dude sef,and wen is d votin starting?
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
Filthy village school! angry
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by agarawu23(m): 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
Feranmicharles:
I've been seeing agarawu23 here and there 4 mr NL,who is dis dude sef,and wen is d votin starting?
bro I hail o cool

very soon cheesy
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by scentmarlc(m): 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
McEwen:
A girls hostel at the University of Uyo caught fire this afternoon. It started from a room and spread to two other rooms.

Thankfully the fire was contained by man-o-war and fire service before it spread to more rooms.

And more thankful is that no life was lost. The cause of the sudden fire is yet to be known.

More photos below:

Source:http://www..ng/2015/06/13/disaster-in-university-of-uyo-as-fire-guts-girls-hostel-see-photo/

Thank God no life was lost.

@op who be dat man running towards the crowd....the guy baka resemble dat of Nnamdi cheesy

MR NL2015 I REP #TeamScentmarlc
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by mowah: 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
kestolove95:
See hostel abg...very ras
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by agurza(f): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
kennygee:
All it takes is a fire incident like this to expose the decay in our schools.

A govt owned university Hostel looking like an LEA primary school building.
Believe me university of Uyo is glorified secondary school. So this is hostel? The north is indeed blessed. What a shame for federal university hostel to look like a local poultry...
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by mowah: 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
coolmehn look at uniuyo's hostel. wow. so UNILAG is even a great school shaa
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by McEwen(m): 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
scentmarlc:

Thank God no life was lost.

@op who be dat man running towards the crowd....the guy baka resemble dat of Nnamdi cheesy

MR NL2015 I REP #TeamScentmarlc
that is Kingtom grin grin
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by anigold(m): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
kennygee:
All it takes is a fire incident like this to expose the decay in our schools.

A govt owned university Hostel looking like an LEA primary school building.

I remember in 2009 when there was fire incident at female hostel in Unical(University of Calabar) hundreds of females were tropping down to the male hostel for help. At first I thought they were coming to rape us..
But it was wonderful under 1hour We were able to stopped the fire before the fire service came 3 hours later...
And the babe I was wooing observed my bravery and finally said "YES"

1 Like

Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Demdem(m): 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
ibietela2:
One silly girl must have forgotten she left the gas on

Ibifool, can u swear with ur unborn seeds that this was exactly what led to this unfortunate incidence?
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
Where is the picture of all the naked girls running around in alarm?
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by hensben(m): 10:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
nigeria sha..see hostel for 2015. smh embarassed
if only the citizen are aware what the leaders have done to them.
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by adedayourt(m): 10:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
EYAAA
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nicepoker(m): 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
kestolove95:
See hostel abg...very ras
meaning the building should appear beautiful even after it got burnt.

1 Like

Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Adefaze(m): 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
see hostel egbami oo, my polytechnic hostel is far better than that
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
My UniUyo. The other fire was in my First Year in PreFab now it's in Annex. Perm Site and M2 should be prepared though.
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
ibietela2:
One silly girl must have forgotten she left the gas on

Students are not allowed to cook in UniUyo hostels.

2 Likes

Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Feranmicharles(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
agarawu23:
bro I hail o cool
very soon cheesy
ehn ehn,na u b disgrin okay o
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Rotimi47: 10:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
Akpabio is the best PDP governor and this hostel is the best he can come up with! Smh!!!
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Feranmicharles(m): 10:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
Adefaze:
see hostel egbami oo, my polytechnic hostel is far better than that
in short,polytechnic is a younger bro to uni,sooner or lata now una go dey shout dem dey underrate una,what have u jus done mow?
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
chichichilolo1:
My two colleagues were affected...it was their that was burnt...she said the fire was caused by a faulty socket in the room

When I was in UniUyo, PreFab caught fire and I guess it was because of an electrical appliance. Then they built Hall 3B with blocks all through. It was with woods. I am not surprised if electricity caused this too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Adebiyi Daramola FUTA VC And Bursar, Oresegun / Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) / How To Spread Your Song And Become Popular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.