Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] (38410 Views)

Girl Breaks 30yr Old Rule To Enter Boys Hostel. See How Boys Reacted (photos) / University Of Abuja Girls Hostel Was Burnt Down. / Aborted Baby Found In Madonna University Girls' Hostel (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Olypeppy(f): 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
ouch Mma Ekpo
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
ok....
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by millionboi(m): 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dis a glorified secondary Schl
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by KingTom(m): 10:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
McEwen:
that is Kingtom grin grin
grin.
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
2013, June 12 in UniUyo, I almost lost my life because of the strike. Went to withdraw money from the ATM that evening coming out on Ikpa road, gun shots were coming from the front and before I knew it, I was at the Uru Ekpa Road .... See speed.

June 13, 2015....Hall 1 blazes up.....

Well...no problem!
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Acidosis(m): 10:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
nawao! what's wrong with this building??

This Nigerian mentality haff tire me sad

The fact that the structure isn't a storey building as seen in most institutions doesn't make it "bad"

Most of us lived in off campuses with similar structure. In fact we left the uni "skyscrapers" because of the filth.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the hostel. Some of the "sky rappers" in Lagos were built as a result of inadequate land (space). I've been to Unilag and I wonder how the student survive in such a "sardine-like" environment. Uyo has more than ENOUGH land to build one floor, bungalow, et al.

Nor be by skyscraper. Some smell pass poo.

4 Likes

Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by McEwen(m): 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
KingTom:
grin.
see land wey i be buy on your name...i don sell am to my fp customers when i no quick see you grin grin
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Mznaett: 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chai! I hope say my girls dia own no folo o maka hala dem smal cal nw sef 2comfirm
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by KingTom(m): 11:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
McEwen:

see land wey i be buy on your name...i don sell am to my fp customers when i no quick see you grin grin
You try jare grin
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Fidelis776(m): 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
I thank God no life is hurt
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Alezy(m): 11:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
nikkflexible:
eehhya embarassed
hallo mtn
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by mandy4s: 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
LAfricana:
embarassed University of Uyo no try at all o undecided, is that a hostel, abi poultry

How would we b talking of automatic fire detectors there... Thank God no life was lost

Abeg, Akwa Ibom state government, do something about those hostel, residing there can affect the reasoning of the students..
Talk about shallow thinkings...

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa

That is a federal university so i dont really understand your reasoning, asking Akwa Ibom state government to do something about the hostels.
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by chichichilolo1(f): 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
rhema4u:

When I was in UniUyo, PreFab caught fire and I guess it was because of an electrical appliance. Then they built Hall 3B with blocks all through. It was with woods. I am not surprised if electricity caused this too.
Uniuyo no they try at all almost all the rooms in each hostel have faulty sockets
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Richy4(m): 11:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
rhema4u:
My UniUyo. The other fire was in my First Year in PreFab now it's in Annex. Perm Site and M2 should be prepared though.

I can't believe that hostel got such a lovely name.
Anyway what l like in that hostel based on the picture was the green grass.
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by dvee2: 12:00am On Jun 14, 2015
Misplaced priority of our leaders. look at the structure of a university hostel. Yet they borrow billions to build a stadium that is put into use once a year. The Uyo Stadium cost over a billion naira. it is already being overgrown by weeds now I guess.
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 14, 2015
chichichilolo1:
Uniuyo no they try at all almost all the rooms in each hostel have faulty sockets

They should storm the office of the Dean of Students Affairs since the VC's office is no longer in Town Campus. A lot of things are not done well in that school and people just behave as if it doesn't concern them. Where's the SUG? UniUyo my UniUyo a.k.a University of Ikpa Road!
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 14, 2015
Richy4:

I can't believe that hostel got such a lovely name.
Anyway what l like in that hostel based on the picture was the green grass.

There's grass in front of the hostels around Little Play House, no grass in front of the hostels from LAW building down
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 14, 2015
dvee2:
Misplaced priority of our leaders. look at the structure of a university hostel. Yet they borrow billions to build a stadium that is put into use once a year. The Uyo Stadium cost over a billion naira. it is already being overgrown by weeds now I guess.

I can't agree less...though it's a Federal Government property, if you want to have a legacy or if you feel as a governor you have no other job to do, invest it in the building of the minds of the people. Improve their education, i bet you, no natural disaster can take away their knowledge but it can destroy the infrastructure. When there's improvement in the minds of the people, they will value the physical infrastructures and protect them long after the administration is over. #justsayingthough!
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 14, 2015
ibietela2:
One silly girl must have forgotten she left the gas on

They are not permitted to cook in the skool hostels
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nsiman(m): 4:35am On Jun 14, 2015
[quote author=LAfricana post=34742807] embarassed University of Uyo no try at all o undecided, is that a hostel, abi poultry

How would we b talking of automatic fire detectors there... Thank God no life was lost

Abeg, Akwa Ibom state government, do something about those hostel, residing there can affect the reasoning of the students..
Talk about shallow thinkings...

Tell that to the federal government because it is a federal university and not Akwa Ibom state owned university

1 Like

Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by ibietela2(m): 6:50am On Jun 14, 2015
iyke926:

They are not permitted to cook in the skool hostels

So how come the fire? Electric?
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by ibietela2(m): 6:51am On Jun 14, 2015
rhema4u:

Students are not allowed to cook in UniUyo hostels.

Ohk
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by scentmarlc(m): 7:50am On Jun 14, 2015
McEwen:
that is Kingtom grin grin
Kingtom kwagrin
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by KingTom(m): 8:06am On Jun 14, 2015
scentmarlc:

King tom kwagrin
See how una dey use my name play abi grin
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by agarawu23(m): 8:17am On Jun 14, 2015
Feranmicharles:
ehn ehn,na u b disgrin okay o
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by piagetskinner(m): 8:18am On Jun 14, 2015
Nawa oo c hostel abeg..
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by loomer: 8:24am On Jun 14, 2015
Feranmicharles:
I've been seeing agarawu23 here and there 4 mr NL,who is dis dude sef,and wen is d votin starting?

He's a humble, nice and cool headed guy, you should get to know him.

And don't forget to vote fot him too
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 14, 2015
ibietela2:

So how come the fire? Electric?

Called a girl that stays in that very hostel and she told me someone was using an electric heater which is highly prohibited.
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by abokikhalifa: 9:14am On Jun 14, 2015
This school needs to step up.....see as them hostel b? Fedral school o
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by chichichilolo1(f): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2015
rhema4u:

They should storm the office of the Dean of Students Affairs since the VC's office is no longer in Town Campus. A lot of things are not done well in that school and people just behave as if it doesn't concern them. Where's the SUG? UniUyo my UniUyo a.k.a University of Ikpa Road!
This vc's tenure will expire this yr let's hope a new vc will bring more changes
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
chichichilolo1:
This vc's tenure will expire this yr let's hope a new vc will bring more changes

Finally Mma. Comfort's tenure is over.
Re: Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
Thank God it was kept under control by the man o' war.It was a blessing in disguise,my paper was cancelled.feeling sick

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Adebiyi Daramola FUTA VC And Bursar, Oresegun / How To Spread Your Song And Become Popular / Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.