Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (31787 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Why Doesn't God Audibly Tell People Not To Do Certain Things? / I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by frank317: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2015
ybalogs:
Atheist? It's quite meaningless to me. You've got to believe in something and once you know what you believe in, that's your God. It's not about being a Muslim or Christian or Marxist at that. It's better you research on your own sincerely cos if you die as an atheist, bro, Hell is REAL ooo.

lol... u sound scared and confused. if its not about muslim, christian or marxist, really, what is it all about? research?

does it even sound sensible to you that one has to search for his creator?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by macof(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Seriously! dude stop going to church after discovering the blatherskites contained in the bible - that was about four years ago. You also could see it, only that you are not ready to admit it. You are entitled to your opinion wink .
when will you stop going to mosque to put ur head behind a man's ass?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by hardbody: 11:33am On Jun 14, 2015
Sekooni:
I will implore u to borrow a book called Bible and check Psalm 14 verse 1. This portion will give answer to ur quest!

Is that the portion which says that a fool claims there is no God

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by prof2015(m): 11:33am On Jun 14, 2015
Dapo777:
I am surrounded by christiañs and Muslims, although i don't care about their religion, but what disconforts me is that i feel scared to tell anyone I am an atheist and they see it as awkward when i tell them I dont go to church and i am a christian undecided The fact I dint go to church , I know how some of them act, how will they act if I tell them i don't believe in God, in nigeria do people stigmatize atheists the way they stigmatize sickle cell oatients and HIV patients?

Pls help me. I don't know what to do. And I can't go to church, I sleep off very easily in any church , cos what they say doesn't make a grain of sense to me.
guy me I don't just care what people say anymore. My girlfriend has even come to terms with it

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 14, 2015
hardbody:

Do atheist 'shaked' their head at conversations? grin
sorextee:
"I shaked my head" grin
Let's assume ur fone did the typo error..
I meant "shooked"...

LOL!
Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by freecocoa(f): 11:39am On Jun 14, 2015
hardbody:

You also dont believe in God? shocked
No I don't. Why are you shocked? kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by Kristokx(m): 11:40am On Jun 14, 2015
Dapo777:
I am surrounded by christiañs and Muslims, although i don't care about their religion, but what disconforts me is that i feel scared to tell anyone I am an atheist and they see it as awkward when i tell them I dont go to church and i am a christian undecided The fact I dint go to church , I know how some of them act, how will they act if I tell them i don't believe in God, in nigeria do people stigmatize atheists the way they stigmatize sickle cell oatients and HIV patients?

Pls help me. I don't know what to do. And I can't go to church, I sleep off very easily in any church , cos what they say doesn't make a grain of sense to me.
Oga life is personal it's ur problem not dias

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by dynamic006(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2015
For the fact that u can't boost of being an atheist means u are deceiving ur self

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by Rilwayne001: 11:41am On Jun 14, 2015
mencade5:
mosques and churches are full of hypocrites.

U claim u have ur god yet many of you still go up and down using our traditional powers of charms and juju.

Yes....i am referring to u muslims and christians

Muslims that use juju and agent of satan disguising as a muslim, get that into your skull.
Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by donbenie(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2015
In my experience as an ATHEIST,I believe it should be on a need to know basis,am married and my wife being the religious type I find it better for peace to reign by playing along,going to church and praying in the mornings and all that,I consider it a sacrifice I have to make for my marriage..having said that you'll tend to meet people who will constantly choose to poke nose into your business with their religious fanaticism,my advice is to let it slide if you can help it,let them preach and cajole,it takes nothing from you and is often less of a stress to you than to go into arguments with the likes of such..

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by nunzk: 11:41am On Jun 14, 2015
Look the person straight in the eyes and say "I'm an atheist" no smile no grin on ur face so they knw u r dead serious and Change d topic to somtin like the weather or politics. That should do the trick. wink
No stigma o jst that they will say that guy never jam. Das all.

Dapo777:

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by donbenie(m): 11:44am On Jun 14, 2015
dynamic006:
For the fact that u can't boost of being an atheist means u are deceiving ur self
Considering the type of overzealous religious fanatics we have in this country,being an Atheist is a strictly personal issue with nothing to boast of to the likes of you..

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by mencade5(m): 11:45am On Jun 14, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Muslims that use juju and agent of satan disguising as a muslim, get that into your skull.
ur mosquito brain wont allow u agree to this. Hypocrite.

That means from ur logic 95% muslims are agent of satan. Most of them use charms and juju. Their ladies are not exempted from it.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by udmydearest(f): 11:45am On Jun 14, 2015
You need God....
Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by mencade5(m): 11:45am On Jun 14, 2015
Rilwayne001:

That means from ur logic 95% muslims are agent of satan. Most of them use charms and juju. Their ladies are not exempted from it.

Same thing with christian people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by chaxking(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2015
Your belief is urs, people's opinion shouldn't be ur concern. Cus whatever u do, some will like and odas well not.
Dapo777:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by zicoraads: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2015
Is this atheist gist a strictly Sunday affair?

Make Seun create a day for them in the week na grin
Friday for Muslims!
Saturday for Atheists.
Then Sunday for Christians.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 14, 2015
Dapo777:

D mere fact that u don't know how to tell dem all these shows that there is GOD.
Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by macof(m): 11:51am On Jun 14, 2015
frank317:

lol... u sound scared and confused. if its not about muslim, christian or marxist, really, what is it all about? research?

does it even sound sensible to you that one has to search for his creator?
searching for your inner self is searching for ur creator

It lives in you
Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by sorextee(m): 11:51am On Jun 14, 2015
It's "shooked" not shook.. another gbagaun from u sir.. grin anyway, English is a borrowed language...
FrancisTony:

I meant "shook"...

LOL!
Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by wordcat(m): 11:51am On Jun 14, 2015
Dapo777:

So that they won't be chipping in God in our every conversation, its just annoying when I ask someone a simple question(how is school?) and he/she says "we thank God". Is that how to answer a question?

I do use word (we thank god, to god be the glory, by the grace of god) as well but that doesn't make me a Theist.

As a matter of fact; every body around me friends and enemies knows that am not a Theist.

You don't need to be moving around telling people that you're an Atheist; they will thru your stance on religious issues

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by Rilwayne001: 11:52am On Jun 14, 2015
mencade5:

dummkopf! so, when did you carry out the survet that shows 95% muslims use juju? Where is the evidence?
Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 14, 2015
Dapo777:

So that they won't be chipping in God in our every conversation, its just annoying when I ask someone a simple question(how is school?) and he/she says "we thank God". Is that how to answer a question?

Or I ask them how do they make themselves study without relenting they will say " its all about God, that nits not their power". What rubbish, of what use are those nonsense replies to me, they now use God to cover up lots of information, just say its God and u don't have to say anything else, that's their style now. angry

Do you knw ur fckin funny, u ask dema question n dey ans u thank God coz they believe in God. If u don't bliv in God den don't get mad coz others do.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by mikkyjagga1(m): 11:54am On Jun 14, 2015
As a christian I won't judge, argue or stigmatize a friend that says he's an atheist, any christian that does that is ignorant of the God he serves.
God calls those he wants, and whenever God is ready for him, he will hv a personal encounter!
As a christian u owe d world love, stop answeing questions that were not asked!
The world is in need of love nd intercessors!

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by denigma2(m): 11:54am On Jun 14, 2015
But to be frank why wont you believe in God

If you reflect on this universe and its wonderful wisdoms, its strange creatures, its intricate design, its greatness and vastness, its complex composition, its creativity, renewal and inventiveness; if you look at the clear sky with all the stars and their constellations and consider the suns and the moons and their orbits; if you think of this earth with its plants, its produce, its minerals, its treasures, its elements and materials; if you look at the animal world and how it is wonderfully guided and inspired; indeed if you look at how man himself is made up, at his many systems, each of which performs a marvellous function; if you look at the world of the oceans and the wonders it contains; if you know the forces of the universe and their mysteries and laws such as electricity, magnetism, the ether, radium; then if you move from considering the nature and qualities of these worlds to the links and interrelationships amongst them and how each is related to the other very closely in such a way that they all constitute one global unit each part of which serves the other parts in the same way as an organ in a single body serves the other organs; if you do all that, you will, without needing evidence, arguments, revelation nor Qur’an, come out with a simple theoretical conclusion, namely: This universe has a Creator, Maker, Originator and this Maker must be great beyond what the feeble human mind can conceive.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by dam4wummy(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2015
They all say they are praying to the same God, yet one says u must believe in his son, another in his prophet, another would say u should being ram for sacrifice anoda would ask for human, which is the original one they pray to?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by hardbody: 11:55am On Jun 14, 2015
freecocoa:
No I don't. Why are you shocked? kiss

Lets say i had my thoughts about you, not that the vièws you hold matter a whole lot, you are who you are, i just did not think you were an atheist. But we are still good.
Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 14, 2015
Do you even need to tell people?

Dapo777:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by macof(m): 11:57am On Jun 14, 2015
donbenie:
In my experience as an ATHEIST,I believe it should be on a need to know basis,am married and my wife being the religious type I find it better for peace to reign by playing along,going to church and praying in the mornings and all that,I consider it a sacrifice I have to make for my marriage..having said that you'll tend to meet people who will constantly choose to poke nose into your business with their religious fanaticism,my advice is to let it slide if you can help it,let them preach and cajole,it takes nothing from you and is often less of a stress to you than to go into arguments with the likes of such..

Honest advice here. .. your wife should know

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by macof(m): 11:58am On Jun 14, 2015
dynamic006:

Try being a Christian in Iran and broadcast it
Nigeria is just too religious to be Irreligious

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by SunandRay(m): 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
As an atheist, I totally reject the world view of a God-head in the context we believe today. I believe Man created God and not the other way round. I believe 'God' is Man's ingenius answer to cope in a world full of uncertainty and sheer hopelessness because where knowledge ends, religion begins. It is easy for man to attribute everything he doesn't understand to God which in reality is a vague and unproven and unproveable concept. Science has helped humankind much more than the claims of what God had done to help Man. God has never informed us through its holy books of how to develop Vaccines for deadly viruses, God forgot to teach us how to study seizemic activities so as to avoid human and properties loss due to them. The only thing He did too very well in the holy books was to threaten us to believe and worship Him by force, else He will send those who defy him to one deep pit with some much consuming fire. What a God! To my understanding, the only thing religion has sought to do is akin to what politics has sought to do, 'divide and rule'. Plz kindly stick to your heart and believe more in what you can discover by yourself rather than what you were thought because even your parents are not infallible.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! by mencade5(m): 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Rilwayne001:

dummkopf! so, when did you carry out the survetmy that shows 95% muslims use juju? Where is the evidence?
u speak like a child asking me of evidence. nitwit!

Lies, trying to feign ignorance wont hide the truth about muslims and charms. Places like zaria city, kano, kaduna, kankia in katsina, where i have stayed have giving me enough reasons and evidence.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') / Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.