Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK (57313 Views)

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by ademega(m): 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
futurewise11:

Yes,google daad.de bro and streamline it to your desired course then you should get something
I will do that .thanks a lot .
And how is the prospect of getting a job after ?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by kokegbe(m): 9:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
MsZeezah:

With your English? Masters and subsequently PhD? I seriously doubt that. And please do tell me the one of work visa you got after 3 months in the U.S. Liar.

i was going to say same to him but i kept quiet to the rubbish lies, he could't speak english and its so bad that 2011 became 200011, na wa for Phd. his account was registered today meanwhile, i know his type, na 419 people be that.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by kokegbe(m): 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

You need to be doing Phd in misinformation
thank you oh. @justwise, telling the truth as it is since,1888.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by jtjohn(m): 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
Badebim:
Things are easier in canada than uk .Getting job & integration into d system is quite easy in canada .
Are u in canada.........I want to get more details abt m.s.c in canada.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by MsZeezah: 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
sylarsquins:

Am not takin sides here so dnt get me wrong, I dnt care if we gets a work visa or not. If truly he did school in the States n only a PHD holder that's his business, my question is wud studying in the UK makes him a better writer?.
You're getting it twisted. I don't live in the UK. I live in the U.S. And I was calling him out on his U.S lies not the UK. That's none of my business. Learn to comprehend please.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Obiwannn: 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

That is not true, not all, just some.

Yes free tuition fee but you still need to have 8000 euro in blocked account and pay monthly insurance.
But Germany still trumps UK 10 times over!!
Heck I wrote a job aptitude test with my friend (former secondary school classmate) who did both bachelors' and masters' degree in the UK, at Imperial.
Ask me why she return? She say no work! While another classmate of ours who finished from the US is now working with Oracle.
After spending such huge sum of money to acquire same theoretical knowledge which one can still acquire for Naija, they will come back and start following us to drag the small jobs we have available.
I've never seen anyone wey go Germany, graduate with better result wey come back this yeye country come de find work.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Obiwannn: 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
dmitroika:

Yeah but the 8000€ you put in a blocked account is yours to spend when you get to germany, and uf you get a job here you wont need to even touch it, about the health insurance we pay 80€ monthly, if you think that's not fair then tell that to my indian class mate that fell sick and needed a surgery that will normally cost him above 75,000€, health insurance paid for it and even call to check if he's feeling better. Germany have a reputation for best medical services, na air ambulance dem use pick this guy for his apartment when his friends called for ambulance.
Plus, after studies you are given a 18 months visa to get a job, if you do you will be given permernent residence. If you really came to study and passed then getting a job is never a problem. People get offers here before finishing their final thesis. What more can a foreign student ask for?

AZZIN, WHAT MORE BOTHERLY?? WHAT MORE??

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
Is this thread about germany or job opportunities? I thought its for those who consider uk for studies and not job undecided nairaland can aruge unnecessarily.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Obiwannn: 10:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
modsNotAgainPls:
pls kindly elaborate on how the blocked account thing work. what exactly do you mean with the quoted line?

cc Eke40seven

cc honourableseyi

cc obiwannn

ERMMM, for you to know these names which you quoted means you must have been following the German travel thread.
Anyways, here is how the blocked account thingy works.
After securing admission, you are required to transfer the sum of 8040EUR minimum to a german account which you have to open in your name. This money is your money and you are gonna use it to take care of your living expenses. This account is called a blocked account because you can only withdraw a maximum of 670EUR from it monthly. You can withdraw more however, but you'd need the authority of the alien office to do that. That said, you might not even use most of the money at all sef, as you could get mini jobs which you can use to take care of your living expenses.

No go collect loan say wen youu reach Germany, you go return the money o..e no go work. The money must be in the account for minimum one year.
If you choose to go to Norway however, then you can borrow money, reach there and return it back as Norway doesn't use blocked account. They require just a normal account where you transfer money to. But the sum you transfer to Norway is about 600k higher than that of Germany.

FOR MORE INFO: GO JACK GERMAN VISA THREAD PART 1 AND 2.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
penn2:
hello usa is still the best place to go for masters...what is the use u wil b schooling doing ur masters and u wunt be working ,hey that is grab i did my masters in usa california UCSD and now my phd in U.T texaz and since 20011 that i landed in usa after 3months i gat my fucking work visa and i am doing good finaciallyy so stop hyping uk...if you have been dere sAY THE ruth dnt dcv pple here

U actually passed GRE and TOEFL with this kind of English? Like seriously? #justasking

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by poseidon12: 11:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
mmsen:

8000 euro is a lot less than the 20000 gbp per annum that you will end up paying in tuition in the UK.

Also, cost of living in Germany is lower and quality of life is better.
Are you not required to learn German language first? Or do they teach the courses in English?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by ugsams(m): 1:39am On Jun 15, 2015
futurewise11:
As a current student in germany,let me give a first hand experience.

Studying in germany is cheap because you psy between 50-200 euro per semester(i e 40k max) per semester.

Insurance is 40 euro for private and 81 euro for public insurance(aok or dhk).i recommend public insurance because its benefit otweigh the cost.

Jobwise i love germany.if you have the capacity to work, its not difficult to get one if you are not the lazy type.expecially in the summer. E.g you can work in daimler, bosch,maggi,posche,deutsche post , hugo boss ,amazon and get averagely 4000 euro for the 3 month summer job.but german work are not for lazy people but they are easy to get.also theres a lot of 450 euro mini job whi h are tax free,with these u can leave and survive all your monthly expenses.
The 8040 euro in your in your block account is still your money but you can only with withraw 670 monthly.

Presently theres influx of american student in my school and when you ask them why they mostly pinpoint FREE EDUCATION.

The only challenge you might have here is language barrier,because its not every body that speak english but bro you will survive.

After your studies you have 18month to look for a job that equate the level of ur academic qualification to get resident permit. Beleive alot of people get it especially guy in IT,medicine etc,for those in business or economics program with b1 level of german you can get the job as well.

The only obstacle here is the LANGUAGE

Uk is also a nice contry due to easy admission and language is not a barrier but the Cost is too outrageuos for an average nigerian.paying averagely 1,800,000 pay annum as school fees and after pay this for 3 years(barchelor) you chased them out of your country is exploidatory in my own opinion. The truth is uk is overcrowded and they are broke (in my opinion) thats why there policy is anti immigrant.

Finally if you dont want to stay back and your family or sponsorer are well to do uk is your best choice,for husler,average guy,am tired of 9ja who want to stay back in my opinion germany is sweet.study hard,learn the language everything will flow...

Danke schön

Informative post
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by mmsen: 3:26am On Jun 15, 2015
poseidon12:

Are you not required to learn German language first? Or do they teach the courses in English?

Many courses are taught in English.

But you will have to learn German to make day-to-day living more comfortable.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 15, 2015
I think so too.

thoth:
From the way you write it seems both of you acquired your PhD from the same US school.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by muchi4life: 10:34am On Jun 15, 2015
Thanks for d info
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by kokegbe(m): 8:34am On Jun 16, 2015
Please can we get back on track. Where is the whole Germany vs Uk thing coming from? The post is about the things one should consider before going to the UK for studies. It has now become uk vs germany, as a result those who have important questions or even contributions cannot say what they want to. For the guy that wrote that @Obiwann, nigeria is not a yeye country. It's simple if you want to go overseas, whether Ghana or Australia, please know the country well, and importantly have in mind what you are going there for. @Justwise was just making it clear that 8000Euros is not small money. How many Nigerians have #2,000,000? That was his point, lest people think they will go to Uk, or Germany or wherever in this world as an international student and think that they will hustle to pay for their studies, e no go work. u might say nothing is impossible, yes, but this one might even cost u ur life or force u into crime. I say this cos most of us think gold is on the streets of canada, usa, australia and all through europe. i laugh in ikwerre.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 16, 2015
kokegbe:
Please can we get back on track. Where is the whole Germany vs Uk thing coming from? The post is about the things one should consider before going to the UK for studies. It has now become uk vs germany, as a result those who have important questions or even contributions cannot say what they want to. For the guy that wrote that @Obiwann, nigeria is not a yeye country. It's simple if you want to go overseas, whether Ghana or Australia, please know the country well, and importantly have in mind what you are going there for. @Justwise was just making it clear that 8000Euros is not small money. How many Nigerians have #2,000,000? That was his point, lest people think they will go to Uk, or Germany or wherever in this world as an international student and think that they will hustle to pay for their studies, e no go work. u might say nothing is impossible, yes, but this one might even cost u ur life or force u into crime. I say this cos most of us think gold is on the streets of canada, usa, australia and all through europe. i laugh in ikwerre.
If u don't have 2million for Germany, is it 10m for UK... u will have? Folks do drugs and die out of frustration in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 9:16am On Jun 16, 2015
kokegbe:

Don't waste your time with those who can't be bothered to read and understand. Even if you print it in bold they will still argue off-point.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Obiwannn: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
kokegbe, what then is she? yeah 8k eur ain't small money, but in the end, the means would be justified.
And who told u that if given the chance, many Nigerians studying in the UK wouldn't wanna remain after studies?
Justwise was painting a different picture, trying to make people scared of Deutschland by saying repeatedly that it was'nt free tuition, when in reality the reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by kokegbe(m): 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
ferdimako:

If u don't have 2million for Germany, is it 10m for UK... u will have? Folks do drugs and die out of frustration in Nigeria.
i repeat politely again, this thread is not about UK vs Germany.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
kokegbe:

i repeat politely again, this thread is not about UK vs Germany.
derailments happened ..I met it.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by kokegbe(m): 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
Obiwannn:
kokegbe, what then is she? yeah 8k eur ain't small money, but in the end, the means would be justified.
And who told u that if given the chance, many Nigerians studying in the UK wouldn't wanna remain after studies?
Justwise was painting a different picture, trying to make people scared of Deutschland by saying repeatedly that it was'nt free tuition, when in reality the reverse is the case.

Nigeria is the best place to make it in life for Nigerians. Any nigerian who struggles to make it here, will struggle to make it anywhere else. Quote me on that one. @Justwise came in cos people were saying education in germany is free, he made it clear that most schools are tuition free and then spelt out insurance money, 8k euros in blocked account, semester contributions etc......he was not bad mouthing german system at all, he didn't want people to be deceived, do you know the first time i heard of tuition free system i too thought i won't have to pay for anything..
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Obiwannn: 12:48am On Jun 17, 2015
kokegbe:

Nigeria is the best place to make it in life for Nigerians. Any nigerian who struggles to make it here, will struggle to make it anywhere else. Quote me on that one. @Justwise came in cos people were saying education in germany is free, he made it clear that most schools are tuition free and then spelt out insurance money, 8k euros in blocked account, semester contributions etc......he was not bad mouthing german system at all, he didn't want people to be deceived, do you know the first time i heard of tuition free system i too thought i won't have to pay for anything..

where are you first of all?
secondly, read his comments well, read in between the lines. No be today he start. <Don't quote me on this>
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 17, 2015
kokegbe:

Nigeria is the best place to make it in life for Nigerians. Any nigerian who struggles to make it here, will struggle to make it anywhere else.

Sorry sire, what u just said above ^^^^ is a very big and baseless lie. It lacks water. Do you research at all

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 17, 2015
kokegbe:

You won't pay for anything else...so tuition fee covers everything? Na wa for u oh.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 17, 2015
mobuch:

Sorry sire, what u just said above ^^^^ is a very big and baseless lie. It lacks water. Do you research at all
Don't mind him...he may not be in Nigeria even.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by kokegbe(m): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
mobuch:

@Obiwannn @mobuch. I hope you know that in all these countries from New zealand to Australia to Canada to America, graduate jobs are scarce right now, just as it is in nigeria at the moment. Many nigerians are washing cars, working as factory hands, working as cleaners etc They do these in a foreign land with an MSc. If one can be so humble to do this, then why not in your home country?
Lemme close by saying this, majority of nigerians who go overseas for studies intend to remain and work post-study. Please research your options carefully, there is no where in the world that people pick gold bars on the streets. The guy that say i should research, no p, i have and i can tell u that while u remain in canada sweeping malls, ur peers will buy lands and build houses here in naija, afterall u only earn just enough for taxes and upkeep in those small jobs overseas. It's definitely easier for nigerians to make it in nigeria cos no man will starve his citizen of employment and hire a foreigner. It's that simple. I know of people who after living in the Uk for 30years are barely getting along, no property to show, all they have is a red passport. Is that success. A guy in Canada confirmed on nairaland that one of his colleagues that got back after studies has now bought a car worth #6million and has a house of his own, but they over there are just surviving. See, if you are not a very brilliant student just like in nigeria again, getting a graduate job will be a struggle abroad as in naija. Don't get me wrong, things are hard here too, but i still insist that it's easier for nigerians to make it here than anywhere else.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by kokegbe(m): 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
Lest we derail this thread, why can't there be a thread to discuss the easieast and surest countries for nigerians to go to ie for those who intend to immigrate permanently through the student visa to work permit route
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
kokegbe:

@Obiwannn @mobuch. I hope you know that in all these countries from New zealand to Australia to Canada to America, graduate jobs are scarce right now, just as it is in nigeria at the moment. Many nigerians are washing cars, working as factory hands, working as cleaners etc They do these in a foreign land with an MSc. If one can be so humble to do this, then why not in your home country?
Lemme close by saying this, majority of nigerians who go overseas for studies intend to remain and work post-study. Please research your options carefully, there is no where in the world that people pick gold bars on the streets. The guy that say i should research, no p, i have and i can tell u that while u remain in canada sweeping malls, ur peers will buy lands and build houses here in naija, afterall u only earn just enough for taxes and upkeep in those small jobs overseas. It's definitely easier for nigerians to make it in nigeria cos no man will starve his citizen of employment and hire a foreigner. It's that simple. I know of people who after living in the Uk for 30years are barely getting along, no property to show, all they have is a red passport. Is that success. A guy in Canada confirmed on nairaland that one of his colleagues that got back after studies has now bought a car worth #6million and has a house of his own, but they over there are just surviving. See, if you are not a very brilliant student just like in nigeria again, getting a graduate job will be a struggle abroad as in naija. Don't get me wrong, things are hard here too, but i still insist that it's easier for nigerians to make it here than anywhere else.

Mr kokegbe, I have lived on both sides of the divide so I am making my points based on experience, u mention that some one bought a brand new car of 6million;how many highly paid workers in nigeria can afford a car of 6m, even your v.p(osinbajo) confessed dat he bought his 1st brand new car at d age of 49 in nigeria. Pls argue sensibly and with due respect, your points are not valid. Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Moana(f): 8:12am On Jun 18, 2015
folabayo1:
Then I will go to swahili to study angry

Canada will be my 2nd choice.
Swahili is a language spoken in East and Central Africa its not a country
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by kokegbe(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
mobuch:

Mr kokegbe, I have lived on both sides of the divide so I am making my points based on experience, u mention that some one bought a brand new car of 6million;how many highly paid workers in nigeria can afford a car of 6m, even your v.p(osinbajo) confessed dat he bought his 1st brand new car at d age of 49 in nigeria. Pls argue sensibly and with due respect, your points are not valid. Case closed.

u have no points to make. good u close the case.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Check Out The Border Between Niger And Nigeria / I've Never Entered This Kind Of Bus In My Life Before / 3 Missing Men Rescued From Pacific Island After Writing Giant SOS In Sand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.