Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK (57271 Views)

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by futurewise11(m): 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
As a current student in germany,let me give a first hand experience.

Studying in germany is cheap because you psy between 50-200 euro per semester(i e 40k max) per semester.

Insurance is 40 euro for private and 81 euro for public insurance(aok or dhk).i recommend public insurance because its benefit otweigh the cost.

Jobwise i love germany.if you have the capacity to work, its not difficult to get one if you are not the lazy type.expecially in the summer. E.g you can work in daimler, bosch,maggi,posche,deutsche post , hugo boss ,amazon and get averagely 4000 euro for the 3 month summer job.but german work are not for lazy people but they are easy to get.also theres a lot of 450 euro mini job whi h are tax free,with these u can leave and survive all your monthly expenses.
The 8040 euro in your in your block account is still your money but you can only with withraw 670 monthly.

Presently theres influx of american student in my school and when you ask them why they mostly pinpoint FREE EDUCATION.

The only challenge you might have here is language barrier,because its not every body that speak english but bro you will survive.

After your studies you have 18month to look for a job that equate the level of ur academic qualification to get resident permit. Beleive alot of people get it especially guy in IT,medicine etc,for those in business or economics program with b1 level of german you can get the job as well.

The only obstacle here is the LANGUAGE

Uk is also a nice contry due to easy admission and language is not a barrier but the Cost is too outrageuos for an average nigerian.paying averagely 1,800,000 pay annum as school fees and after pay this for 3 years(barchelor) you chased them out of your country is exploidatory in my own opinion. The truth is uk is overcrowded and they are broke (in my opinion) thats why there policy is anti immigrant.

Finally if you dont want to stay back and your family or sponsorer are well to do uk is your best choice,for husler,average guy,am tired of 9ja who want to stay back in my opinion germany is sweet.study hard,learn the language everything will flow...

Danke schön

12 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by deebsman1(m): 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
Why would i study my masters in UK, where Germany tuition is free and the teaching are all in English, best is EUROPE.
please give us more info, it will be appreciated.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by jerryunit48: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
Why would i study my masters in UK, where Germany tuition is free and the teaching are all in English, best is EUROPE.
Tell them
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by jerryunit48: 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

Dude this is not about German vs the UK, this is about the misleading info that studying in Germany is free
Bro the money you pay here is nothing compared to those places, you are required to pay a token which covers your transportation and some other things but not much ooo and like they say you have a choice to do your masters in English

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by futurewise11(m): 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
deebsman1:

please give us more info, it will be appreciated.
Be precise,info about what?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Elxandre(m): 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
dmitroika:

Yeah but the 8000€ you put in a blocked account is yours to spend when you get to germany, and uf you get a job here you wont need to even touch it, about the health insurance we pay 80€ monthly, if you think that's not fair then tell that to my indian class mate that fell sick and needed a surgery that will normally cost him above 75,000€, health insurance paid for it and even call to check if he's feeling better. Germany have a reputation for best medical services, na air ambulance dem use pick this guy for his apartment when his friends called for ambulance.
Plus, after studies you are given a 18 months visa to get a job, if you do you will be given permernent residence. If you really came to study and passed then getting a job is never a problem. People get offers here before finishing their final thesis. What more can a foreign student ask for?
Sounds so nice.
please what exams are needed for entry into German universities as a Nigerian.?

And how about the talked about racism.?
thanks.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by deebsman1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
education in germany, especially M.sc
futurewise11:
Be precise,info about what?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by omooba969(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
lighternote:
Yes sir. One of the greatest lessons I've learnt in life is that I still have a lot to learn.
I dumped my UK Adm and requested for the refund of my money before it's too late. I'm glad where I am today. If u have the luxury of choice, run away from UK unis. Selfish people grin

smiley
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by kenoz(m): 3:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
K
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by enet1(m): 3:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
futurewise11:

Studying in germany is cheap because you psy between 50-200 euro per semester(i e 40k max) per semester.

Insurance is 40 euro for private and 81 euro for public insurance(aok or dhk).i recommend public insurance because its benefit otweigh the cost.

Jobwise i love germany.if you have the capacity to work, its not difficult to get one if you are not the lazy type.expecially in the summer. E.g you can work in daimler, bosch,maggi,posche,deutsche post , hugo boss ,amazon and get averagely 4000 euro for the 3 month summer job.but german work are not for lazy people but they are easy to get.also theres a lot of 450 euro mini job whi h are tax free,with these u can leave and survive all your monthly expenses.
The 8040 euro in your in your block account is still your money but you can only with withraw 670 monthly.

Presently theres influx of american student in my school and when you ask them why they mostly pinpoint FREE EDUCATION.

The only challenge you might have here is language barrier,because its not every body that speak english but bro you will survive.

After your studies you have 18month to look for a job that equate the level of ur academic qualification to get resident permit. Beleive alot of people get it especially guy in IT,medicine etc,for those in business or economics program with b1 level of german you can get the job as well.

Uk is also a nice contry due to easy admission and language is not a barrier but the Cost is too outrageuos for an average nigerian.paying averagely 1,800,000 pay annum as school fees and after pay this for 3 years(barchelor) you chased them out of your country is exploidatory in my own opinion. The truth is uk is overcrowded and they are broke (in my opinion) thats why there policy is anti immigrant.

Finally if you dont want to stay back and your family or sponsorer are well to do uk is your best choice,for husler,average guy,am tired of 9ja who want to stay back in my opinion germany is sweet.study hard,learn the language everything will flow...

Danke schön

Thank you for this eye opener.May God reward you abundantly.Can I get admission to study for Msc against this sept/oct?Can I withdraw more than the required sum of money for monthly maintenance?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by futurewise11(m): 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
Elxandre:

Sounds so nice.

thanks.

Admission generally process and requirement varies from school to school,but you can get admission here without toefl/ielts.

You can check daad.de for more info or be precise with your prospective program.

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Badebim(f): 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
Things are easier in canada than uk .Getting job & integration into d system is quite easy in canada .
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by futurewise11(m): 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
Badebim:
Things are easier in canada than uk .Getting job & integration into d system is quite easy in canada .

Are you in canada now?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by futurewise11(m): 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
enet1:
Thank you for this eye opener.May God reward you abundantly.Can I get admission to study for Msc against this sept/oct?Can I withdraw more than the required sum of money for monthly maintenance?

yes you can be admitted.its possible to withraw more than 670 but you to get a letter of authorization from the auslanderbehorde (foriegners office) and this require a cogent reason.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by futurewise11(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
Elxandre:

Sounds so nice.

thanks.

My brother racism is everywhere nigeria,usa,canada but the fact is over here in germany i have never been racially abused here. Guess what the rascim stunt are always from foriegners like youafricans,fake oyinbo(greek or turkish people.the germans are always carefull about race issue because of there history.

it depends on your intended course and school but am sure you can get a school without Toefl/Ielts certificate.but the benefit is most university application is free or not so expensive(75 euro uni assist) so you can apply to as many schoo as you like.

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by thoth: 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
From the way you write it seems both of you acquired your PhD from the same US school.
sylarsquins:

What's d difference btw UK and the US, besides English is their official language or u tryin to insinuate that him skulin n d UK wud ve made him speak or write better?. Jst askin.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
futurewise11:

Danke schön

Well detailed info.....me likey)))
Me think you should open a thread and educate us more abt the processes and share first hand experiences abt life in germany.
Episode by episode
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
thoth:
From the way you write it seems both of you acquired your PhD from the same US school.

You lack direction son
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
lighternote:
Oya chop lab work, chop year in industry, chop home practice. Na when them go kick ur illegal assss out of their god forsaken country that you will know urself. And to think, Britain colonised us yet no benefits. Selfish people angry

Are you alright? undecided
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by bigerboy200: 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
freshvine:
How much on the average will it cost to do a master program in the UK and will they also honor Bsc from a Nigerian university

Be prepared for like 2million nairn.. Yes they will honour Bsc from Naija.. all UK want is your money..
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
bigerboy200:

Be prepared for like 2million nairn.. Yes they will honour Bsc from Naija.. all UK want is your money..

Far more than that.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by ademega(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
futurewise11:

Danke schön

Pls can I find an English speaking schools for masters in art and humanity courses in Germany ? I won't even mind a link.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Eke40seven(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Well detailed info.....me likey)))
Me think you should open a thread and educate us more abt the processes and share first hand experiences abt life in germany.
Episode by episode
Go to the "German travel and visa" thread under the travel section, you will get all the info you need.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
penn2:
hello usa is still the best place to go for masters...what is the use u wil b schooling doing ur masters and u wunt be working ,hey that is grab i did my masters in usa california UCSD and now my phd in U.T texaz and since 20011 that i landed in usa after 3months i gat my fucking work visa and i am doing good finaciallyy so stop hyping uk...if you have been dere sAY THE ruth dnt dcv pple here
you have a Ph.D?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
Eke40seven:

Go to the "German travel and visa" thread under the travel section, you will get all the info you need.
Yes boss am here
I convert my grades on the link i saw in one of ur post the german scale gave me 2.7...though i have hnd...from a college of health in 9ja...can i put for masters directly in germany?
'Documents required by all successful
applicants for enrolment Bachelor degree and diploma Recent passport photograph Copy of passport Certificate of enrolment Student health insurance'
Sorry for posting here,i need ur attention
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Baroba(m): 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
Just to add, I live in the UK and I interact with a lot of Nigerians students in my church..

Good points by the op, but let me add this, be careful the university you choose, a lot of these so called universities hustling for students are nothing more than glorified polytechnics, most of them are after that £11k fees some Nigerians are able to pay upfront..

These unis rely on foreign students from across the globe to run their schools since most home students take out loans to study or are on a government sponsored course such as Nursing or Midwifery, So I will I advise anyone intending to do study here to do your research and opt for some of the well established universities, unless you prefer do be doing baseless research and been taught by PHD students..

I have met quite a few who regretted their choice of Uni..

Finally, I you plan to settle here after you studies, make sure you familiarise your self with matters pertaining to immigration, the conservative government led by Cameron are bent on making life difficult for those who intend to stay. In the past marrying an EU national usually helps you secure your immigration status here, now new laws intending to make it tough its been implemented as we speak. Google am, its all online..

Don't expect paradise, England ain't a bed of roses, with all that in mind one will be fine..

If I may add, those who intend to study Nursing Bsc, can now write the exam for adaption to UK Nursing and Midwifery council.. A work permit can be secured if you are successful with written and practical test I was told..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by futurewise11(m): 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
ademega:

Pls can I find an English speaking schools for masters in art and humanity courses in Germany ? I won't even mind a link.

Yes,google daad.de bro and streamline it to your desired course then you should get something
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
sylarsquins:

Am not takin sides here so dnt get me wrong, I dnt care if we gets a work visa or not. If truly he did school in the States n only a PHD holder that's his business, my question is wud studying in the UK makes him a better writer?.
studin outside 9ja xposes u in terms writin nd speakin<nt d formin fake phonetics style>
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by chupcake(m): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
What if I've got like OCP or CCNA. Will I be able to work with that and make a little more money during the masters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A 10-Story, 23-Ton Out-Of-Control Chinese Rocket To Crash Into Earth Today (Pix) / Check Out The Border Between Niger And Nigeria / Cows Block Road In Abuja, Disrupt Vehicular Movement (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.