Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK (57321 Views)

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by gateluv: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dear op, can one change to part time student after year 1

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by worry357: 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
gateluv:

What do you intend to do with your spare time
because you will still be limited on the hours that you can work.

It may also be that your school will notify the authorities to cancel your student visa because you have changed the conditions.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by EndtimeBlessing: 10:02am On Jun 19, 2015
International students on Tier 4 Visa are not allowed to study part time on their main course.
gateluv:
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Cavenchy(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
Baroba:
Just to add, I live in the UK and I interact with a lot of Nigerians students in my church..

Good points by the op, but let me add this, be careful the university you choose, a lot of these so called universities hustling for students are nothing more than glorified polytechnics, most of them are after that £11k fees some Nigerians are able to pay upfront..

These unis rely on foreign students from across the globe to run their schools since most home students take out loans to study or are on a government sponsored course such as Nursing or Midwifery, So I will I advise anyone intending to do study here to do your research and opt for some of the well established universities, unless you prefer do be doing baseless research and been taught by PHD students..

I have met quite a few who regretted their choice of Uni..

Finally, I you plan to settle here after you studies, make sure you familiarise your self with matters pertaining to immigration, the conservative government led by Cameron are bent on making life difficult for those who intend to stay. In the past marrying an EU national usually helps you secure your immigration status here, now new laws intending to make it tough its been implemented as we speak. Google am, its all online..

Don't expect paradise, England ain't a bed of roses, with all that in mind one will be fine..

If I may add, those who intend to study Nursing Bsc, can now write the exam for adaption to UK Nursing and Midwifery council.. A work permit can be secured if you are successful with written and practical test I was told..

Thank you for a very honest post. I commented the same thing (bolded part of your post) on some thread here on nairaland and the OP of that thread tagged me an Alarmist. Some people hate to admit the truth. I'm glad there are people who can have an opinion on nairaland without being attacked by those who don't do proper research.

BTW, kudos to the OP of this thread jare.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by XpensiveT(m): 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
dmitroika:

Ok so you believe i'm exaggerating right? fine. So let's put things into statistical perspective here, how many UK Master's grad are roaming the streets of Lagos without a job? and how many Graduates of German University do you see roaming around naija without jobs? I have many friends and cousins that studied in the Uk and are back home with no job, dem just dey for house.

Now i'm not trying to degrade the UK academic system, it's one of the best in the world, but the visa schemes they have for international students ain't encouraging. The German economy is MASSIVE, hence the need for skilled people, by not asking for tuition from foreign students they automatically attract the best students form every country! If you can scale through the admission process to get in you must be good: Thousands of people apply to study in Germany and they pick the best applicants. I wouldn't say the same for Uk, i know a friend from Lautech that finished with a third class and went straight to do a Masters in Uk, she grad with 2.1 there. That is never possible in Germany, you will read like if you wanna die!

About the health insurance stuff, the guy that said that above 29 years of age you pay 45 euros is very correct. Here is how it works, if you are less than 30 years of age you must use the state health insurance, it is called AOK, that one you pay 80 euros, but if you are 30 and above you are free to use private insurances, some are even as low as 25 euros. this is because they are private and the make their prices as competitive as possible. please dont argue about this one o, because you are obviously not in Germany, and I wouldn't argue about the Uk health system since i'm not there and knows nothing about it.

@dmitroika.. Well done chief. Please, i have been trying to get in touch with you via NL email service but no reply from you yet. Please kindly reply sir. Thanks for your anticipated response. #GodBless

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by adesbaba: 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
pls am 2016 batch a corper and wanna have my masters in jan entry...pls wen shud i begin my processin...i
dnt even av passport yet....thanks all.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Obiwannn: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
Obiwannn:

AZZIN, WHAT MORE BOTHERLY?? WHAT MORE??

And people still go to the UK o
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Amosmoses: 6:29am On Sep 23, 2018
gud morning nairalanders. please am a graduate with a CGPA 2.70 and am interested in going for masters in education abroad. is it possible and possible universities in Europe for admission..thanks
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Amosmoses: 6:33am On Sep 23, 2018
gud morning nairalanders. please am a graduate (Bachelor in Agriculture) with CGPA 2.70. I want to go for masters in education in Europe. any possibilities for admission and possible universities in Europe.. thanks
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by EndtimeBlessing: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2018
Amosmoses:
gud morning nairalanders. please am a graduate with a CGPA 2.70 and am interested in going for masters in education abroad. is it possible and possible universities in Europe for admission..thanks
What course did you do at the Bachelors level and what course do you want to do at the Masters level? Are you interested in studying in the UK? Have you checked the average tuition? Can you or your sponsor afford it? Answers to these questions will guide me in guiding you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by EndtimeBlessing: 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2018
adesbaba:
pls am 2016 batch a corper and wanna have my masters in jan entry...pls wen shud i begin my processin...i
dnt even av passport yet....thanks all.

Are you studying in the UK now? in no, are you still interested in coming?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Check Out The Border Between Niger And Nigeria / I've Never Entered This Kind Of Bus In My Life Before / 3 Missing Men Rescued From Pacific Island After Writing Giant SOS In Sand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.