Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors (2017 Views)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / How Can I Help God Fulfill His Promises? / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by argob44(f): 7:16am On Jun 14, 2015
ITS YOUR SECURITY LEVY... By Pastor David Okoye

"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings" Malachi 3:8

No Christian would ever agree that he is a thief but yet in God's house, we have persons who steal from God without knowing they have.

Most persons readily give their offerings but are still yet to be disciplined in the aspect of their tithing.

Tithe is the 10% of a received income of all your earnings, which belongs to God, and requested for by him.

As tax payment prevents the government from seizing your properties so also tithe payment rebuke and prevent the devourer from attacking you.

In essence we could say that tithe is a spiritual security levy, if your spiritual tax is not paid, then your spiritual properties will be confiscated. Worthy of note is the fact that giving your tithe doesn't help God or your pastors but you are at the forefront of all benefits.

Tithes are paid/ given in your church and not to a man. It can never take the place of alms giving, or seed or offering, tithing is a principle that can never be negotiated. When you consistently pay your tithe, you take yourself out of harm's way.

No matter how little or how large, never have an excuse to fault the principles of tithing. If it is not paid the devourer cannot be rebuked for your sake.

DECLARATION: I am a diligent and consistent tither. And as I tithe I reap the benefits in return.

SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE: Malachi 3:10-12

Culled from Ambassadors Diet (A Daily Devotional)
More at: www.asbnews.ng

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by okenwa(m): 8:01am On Jun 14, 2015
Nice words.
It is just that the 'church economy' or the house of God has large population and their tithes does not reflect in the life of the members. The problem is from the way it is given

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 14, 2015
FraudAlert, no christian tithing requirement in the bible. These charlatans are twisting scriptures angry

5 Likes

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by argob44(f): 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
may God help u dear. say amen....
Jagoon:
FraudAlert, no christian tithing requirement in the bible. These charlatans are twisting scriptures angry
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
argob44:
may God help u dear. say amen....

May God help you too and deliver you from pastors fleecing you in the name of tithes. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Goshen360(m): 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
argob44:

"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings" Malachi 3:8

No Christian would ever agree that he is a thief but yet in God's house, we have persons who steal from God without knowing they have.

Most persons readily give their offerings but are still yet to be disciplined in the aspect of their tithing.

Tithe is the 10% of a received income of all your earnings, which belongs to God, and requested for by him.

As tax payment prevents the government from seizing your properties so also tithe payment rebuke and prevent the devourer from attacking you.

In essence we could say that tithe is a spiritual security levy, if your spiritual tax is not paid, then your spiritual properties will be confiscated. Worthy of note is the fact that giving your tithe doesn't help God or your pastors but you are at the forefront of all benefits.

Tithes are paid/ given in your church and not to a man. It can never take the place of alms giving, or seed or offering, tithing is a principle that can never be negotiated. When you consistently pay your tithe, you take yourself out of harm's way.

No matter how little or how large, never have an excuse to fault the principles of tithing. If it is not paid the devourer cannot be rebuked for your sake.

DECLARATION: I am a diligent and consistent tither. And as I tithe I reap the benefits in return.

Tithe had been dealt with so much on this forum. Please do yourself a big favour, study to show yourself approved unto God, not to man. You'll realise you've been deceived on the matter of tithe for too long. The same man that tells you you're no more under the old covenant still glue to the tithe verses in the old, twist it and serve it to you as Christian. Set yourself free from religious fraud. Don't ever think someone else that knows more than you cannot deceive you in the name of God\gods.....It's called religious fraud.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by christemmbassey(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
There is no SINGLE verse in the entire bible where christians are commanded to give 10% of their salaries/wages to God, Jesus, pastor or church. Tithe collectors should repent.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by argob44(f): 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
I can tell u re not a Christian. you better come to Christ dear
Jagoon:

May God help you too and deliver you from pastors fleecing you in the name of tithes. Amen
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by argob44(f): 10:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
smh
Goshen360:

Tithe had been dealt with so much on this forum. Please do yourself a big favour, study to show yourself approved unto God, not to man. You'll realise you've been deceived on the matter of tithe for too long. The same man that tells you you're no more under the old covenant still glue to the tithe verses in the old, twist it and serve it to you as Christian. Set yourself free from religious fraud. Don't ever think someone else that knows more than you cannot deceive you in the name of God\gods.....It's called religious fraud.
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Goshen360(m): 4:17am On Jun 15, 2015
argob44:
smh

What you shaking your head at me for? grin grin grin. If your Pastor or you only understand the finished works of Christ & the new covenant, you'll never talk tithe to Christians. There's no such thing under the new covenant for Christian practices. If you find such in the new covenant, please show us and stop shaking your head wink

5 Likes

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 15, 2015
argob44:
I can tell u re not a Christian. you better come to Christ dear

If you are truly a christian and you have been saved by the grace of God(which is free) then you would know you don't need to pay(tithe) God for anything. Tithing belongs to the law and christians are not under the law.

Galatians 3:10 Those who depend on obeying the law live under a curse.

Galatians 5:4 Those of you who try to be put right with God by obeying the law have cut yourself off from christ. You are outside God's grace.

A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by christemmbassey(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
A pastor of winners chapel airport branch here in Calabar was kianaped on Saturday. I keep wondering whether d pastor did not pay his tithe?

6 Likes

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Goshen360(m): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
christemmbassey:
A pastor of winners chapel airport branch here in Calabar was kianaped on Saturday. I keep wondering whether d pastor did not pay his tithe?
....no, the tithe is still in the ground. When it germinates, he'll be release.... grin.

I was young and I'm growing old, I've never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging for bread.....How you doing sir - the righteousness of God in Christ?

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by argob44(f): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2015
Jagoon:

If you are truly a christian and you have been saved by the grace of God(which is free) then you would know you don't need to pay(tithe) God for anything. Tithing belongs to the law and christians are not under the law.

Galatians 3:10 Those who depend on obeying the law live under a curse.

Galatians 5:4 Those of you who try to be put right with God by obeying the law have cut yourself off from christ. You are outside God's grace.

A word is enough for the wise.
Don't pick up scriptures to suit ur belief. Jesus never told us not to pay our tithe. and even the apostles never spoke about not paying tithe. may God help you. the devil is deceiving you. Read Mathew 22: 19 - 22

19 Show me the money used for the tribute. And they brought Him a denarius.

20 And Jesus said to them, Whose likeness and title are these?

21 They said, Caesar's. Then He said to them, Pay therefore to Caesar the things that are due to Caesar, and pay to God the things that are due to God.

Is it that 3k from the 30k u received that will kill u? u are just being stingy my dear. I pray that soon, the Lord will open your eyes to see the truth about tithing.
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by argob44(f): 10:10am On Jun 16, 2015
Goshen360:

What you shaking your head at me for? grin grin grin. If your Pastor or you only understand the finished works of Christ & the new covenant, you'll never talk tithe to Christians. There's no such thing under the new covenant for Christian practices. If you find such in the new covenant, please show us and stop shaking your head wink
Don't pick up scriptures to suit ur belief. Jesus never told us not to pay our tithe. and even the apostles never spoke about not paying tithe. may God help you. the devil is deceiving you. Read Mathew 22: 19 - 22

21 They said, Caesar's. Then He said to them, Pay therefore to Caesar the things that are due to Caesar, and pay to God the things that are due to God.

Is it that 3k from the 30k u received that will kill u? u are just being stingy my dear. I pray that soon, the Lord will open your eyes to see the truth about tithing.
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 16, 2015
argob44:

Why don't you show me a single verse in the whole bible where christians or even jews were asked to tithe money from their income? Or am I just supposed to tithe because some pastors decided to twist scriptures to suit themselves?

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by trafters: 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
argob44:

And neither did Jesus nor the apostles mandate anyone to pay. Jesus did not say people should not smoke hemp, cigarettes etc but those are outlawed in Christianity. Jesus also did not say two siblings should not marry or that homosexuality is bad but is it allowed in the church?

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by argob44(f): 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Jagoon:

Why don't you show me a single verse in the whole bible where christians or even jews were asked to tithe money from their income? Or am I just supposed to tithe because some pastors decided to twist scriptures to suit themselves?
Read Malachi 3:9-13
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
argob44:

Beloved,Peace Be To You From Our Lord Jesus Christ.

The topic you raised is a good one and i personally will like us to discuss it in a conversative manner by asking each other questions and answering them from the scriptures.

So here is my first question: "Tithe is meant for whom?" please answer from the scripture.
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
argob44:

Beloved I guess its not the 3k but what the 3k is used for.Please answer my question.
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
argob44:
Read Malachi 3:9-13

It doesn't say so except you want to twist it.
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by christemmbassey(m): 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Goshen360:
....no, the tithe is still in the ground. When it germinates, he'll be release.... grin.

I was young and I'm growing old, I've never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging for bread.....How you doing sir - the righteousness of God in Christ?
Dear brother, I still dey under d influence of multiplied grace o. I believe all is well! Imagine some ppl have refused to repent, they are still propergating and promoting this ''OGA @ d top of all false teaching'' called tithe, no wonder kidnapers are having field days. Stay graced Sir!
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 17, 2015
Why is it people are so lazy they cannot read the Bible for themselves, whatever the pastor tells them they swallow it hook, line and sinker, I bet you 100% all those advocating for tithe, if their pastor had told them something different, they would be singing a different song.
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by sthugo: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
I love this topic

According to KJV
Malachi 10,says : bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse,that there may be meat in mine house,and prove me now herewith saith the Lord of hosts,if I will not open you the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing,that there shall not be room enough to receive it...

I don't believe the word of God shouldn't be obeyed accordingly.it should,He says His word is not void.

Lets see it from what I just wrote above
" bring ye tithe,that they might be meat in his house"
Meat was use due to obviously they do animal farming alot in the ancient but comparing it with today its money
But my argument is even when people pay this tithe what do the pastors do with it,do they actually make it available in the storehouse,as the scriptures postulates or they selfishly use it to enrich themselves.
The reason for storehouse is to take care of most stuff when needed,like assist the poor,less privelege,the hungry even themselves.
In d old the missionary did alot of giving and assistance to the people,can we see such today in today's churches.
Its all about personal selfish enrichment.
We need His mercy
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by corperscorner: 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
sthugo:
I love this topic

According to KJV
Malachi 10,says : bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse,that there may be meat in mine house,and prove me now herewith saith the Lord of hosts,if I will not open you the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing,that there shall not be room enough to receive it...

I don't believe the word of God shouldn't be obeyed accordingly.it should,He says His word is not void.

Lets see it from what I just wrote above
" bring ye tithe,that they might be meat in his house"
Meat was use due to obviously they do animal farming alot in the ancient but comparing it with today its money
But my argument is even when people pay this tithe what do the pastors do with it,do they actually make it available in the storehouse,as the scriptures postulates or they selfishly use it to enrich themselves.
The reason for storehouse is to take care of most stuff when needed,like assist the poor,less privelege,the hungry even themselves.
In d old the missionary did alot of giving and assistance to the people,can we see such today in today's churches.
Its all about personal selfish enrichment.
We need His mercy

You made salient points and I like your analysis...

However, I would like to ask if it is okay to rather take the 10% intended for tithe and give it out to help the less privileged, as an alternative to taking it to a church you do not know what the pastors will eventually use the money for?

God bless you as you help me with this question.
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by sthugo: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
The big question is Has God approve of your pastor or the church as His own?
If the answer is correctly answered,obviously God is there,paying tithe there is the best thing but if no,its better the needy enjoys the privilege especially the motherless baby homes or destitutes

its all about giving
Giving earnestly on its own has a reward of blessings from the most High...
So my brother do the checks and decide

corperscorner:

You made salient points and I like your analysis...

However, I would like to ask if it is okay to rather take the 10% intended for tithe and give it out to help the less privileged, as an alternative to taking it to a church you do not know what the pastors will eventually use the money for?

God bless you as you help me with this question.
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
sthugo:
The big question is Has God approve of your pastor or the church as His own?
If the answer is correctly answered,obviously God is there,paying tithe there is the best thing but if no,its better the needy enjoys the privilege especially the motherless baby homes or destitutes

its all about giving
Giving earnestly on its own has a reward of blessings from the most High...
So my brother do the checks and decide

And how do you determine a church which God has approved as his own, is it merely by the pastor's claims No churh that is truly of God would ever ask it's members to pay obligatory tithes. Any church that demands for tithes is denying the grace of christ. Galatians 5:4
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by Barnabaseloka(m): 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
@op. True, tithes do not help God, but they help these 'so called' pastors who claim they are 'called' to work in church. How does a pastor without any source of livelihood, apart from the church, take care of himself and his needs? Is it not from tithes and offerings?

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by openmine(m): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
Not again grin grin
Re: Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors by sthugo: 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Its obvious that the world is now too old and very ripe to end.
So much deviation from what the almighty,the name above all names,Jesus christ the author of Christianity.we see them in disguise to enrich their selfish desires.
What marvels me most is that most church goers don't even read the bible,so how would they know the truth.
The Truth is the word of God.

(1) (Reply)

Morality: Nairaland Christians As A Case Study / One Of The Most Absurd Xtian Logic / Seven Things You Don’t Know About Prophet Who Foresaw Otedola Bridge Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.