Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB (2463 Views)

IPOB: Have You Heard The Threat Nnamdi Kanu Made Against PMB? What's Your Take / Resume Or Resign: Deji Adeyanju, Charly Boy And Others Protest Against PMB (PICS / OBJ Fights Back: Unleashes His Internet Warriors Against PMB. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by plendil: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2015
“Its payback time” said one of them.
“Now he will know how it feels like when they were calling GEJ names”, said another.

Their chief protagonist even opened a thread trying – hopelessly – to explain away the actions if his minions by highlighting quotes purported made by the opposition against his principal.

Which brings me to the question: Is this what the heat against PMB is all about? Payback?? IS that it?? Is that the essence of opposition??

Let us for the sake of argument consider the allegation of name-calling against GEJ: A careful analysis of the trend will show it certainly was not as early into his (GEJ's) tenure as what obtains now with PMB. (just for the records, the latter is exactly 16 days into his tenure.)

GEJ was sworn into power as substantive president on May 6th 2010. I can clearly remember him riding on unprecedented support and goodwill from virtually every section of the country. Indeed all the quotes from Barcanista are from 2013 upwards, almost 4 years into his tenure.

So, other than inconsequential slips here and there, there really nothing the current occupant doing wrong, as aptly captured by nollywoodbabe https://www.nairaland.com/2378246/sadly-enough-nothing-criticize-president#34746776. Their only platform for criticism is that its payback time.

HABA!!! That you hate the country so much and will be willing to sink it come what may ought not to preclude your ability to be at least marginally reasonable in your antagonism. Please! sad

Such petty, shamelessly overt vindictiveness is fiendishly unpatriotic. It is evil.

I’m not given to repertoires, so I’ll just end with this: PMB is not the president of APC, or the North. He is the president of the Federal Repulic of Nigeria. It behoves us to give him all the support.

GOD Bless Nigeria!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by madridguy(m): 7:32am On Jun 14, 2015
Noted
Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by dondo83(m): 7:33am On Jun 14, 2015
plendil:
“Its payback time” said one of them.
“Now he will know how it feels like when they were calling GEJ names”, said another.

Their chief protagonist even opened a thread trying – hopelessly – to explain away the actions if his minions by highlighting quotes purported made by the opposition against his principal.

Which brings me to the question: Is this what the heat against PMB is all about? Payback?? IS that it?? Is that the essence of opposition??

Let us for the sake of argument consider the allegation of name-calling against GEJ: A careful analysis of the trend will show it certainly was not as early into his (GEJ's) tenure as what obtains now with PMB. (just for the records, the latter is exactly 16 days into his tenure.)

GEJ was sworn into power as substantive president on May 6th 2010. I can clearly remember him riding on unprecedented support and goodwill from virtually every section of the country. Indeed all the quotes from Barcanista are from 2013 upwards, almost 4 years into his tenure.

So, other than inconsequential slips here and there, there really nothing the current occupant doing wrong, as aptly captured by nollywoodbabe https://www.nairaland.com/2378246/sadly-enough-nothing-criticize-president#34746776. Their only platform for criticism is that its payback time.

HABA!!! That you hate the country so much and will be willing to sink it come what may ought not to preclude your ability to be at least marginally reasonable in your antagonism. Please! sad

Such petty, shamelessly overt vindictiveness is fiendishly unpatriotic. It is evil.

I’m not given to repertoires, so I’ll just end with this: PMB is not the president of APC, or the North. He is the president of the Federal Repulic of Nigeria. It behoves us to give him all the support.

GOD Bless Nigeria!

well said op! when i see such people display foolishness, i just look the other way.

Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else ... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.

herman hesse

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by INTROVERT(f): 7:36am On Jun 14, 2015
tongue
Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by emerged01(m): 7:38am On Jun 14, 2015
I have never called GEJ names because I know who God has made him to be,and I will never call PMB names because it is the same God who made him. I feel sorry for the ignorant ones.

1 Like

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by Wsdm: 7:43am On Jun 14, 2015
The more you open threads to pacify their vituperation the more justified their intentions are. My take is to let them be. All that concerns objective observers are the positive ways this government should drive the ship of the nation. If he fails, be ready to criticise him and if he performs be ready to give him kudos. But giving credence to people who deliberately hate out of no substance gives me reasons to be worried.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by midolian(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2015
plendil:
"Which brings me to the question: Is this what the heat against PMB is all about? Payback?? IS that it?? Is that the essence of opposition??"

God bless you, OP. They are only being childish.

No one called GEJ names until he wasted years misruling us..Ostriches shouldnt get angry when you say they have long necks, cos in the real sense, their necks are long.

I think its jst better we ignore them since their minds are made up on revenging, regardless of how Buhari performs.

3 Likes

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by luvmijeje(f): 8:07am On Jun 14, 2015
Wsdm:
The more you open threads to pacify their vituperation the more justified their intentions are. My take is to let them be. All that concerns objective observers are the positive ways this government should drive the ship of the nation. If he fails, be ready to criticise him and if he performs be ready to give him kudos. But giving credence to people who deliberately hate out of no substance gives me reasons to be worried.

God bless you. OP, allow them to call him any name they want..... It's their right..... He's their President...... It's their perogative.

The most important thing for me and hopefully for you is to help the President to deliver on his promises by giving constructive criticism...... That's all we can do.

7 Likes

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by papoose999(m): 8:07am On Jun 14, 2015
D op nids 2 shutup d insults startd ryt 4rm day one durn pres jona admin..is dia anywia in d constitutn of nigeria dt says a new presdnt must b givn atleast one month 2 settle down no no even d dullard said so dt work starts 4rm day one..reason ds if d apc didnt play d propanganda shit dnt u thnk its possible pres jona admin wud av performd beta dey nvr gav jona a chance same 2 wit nigerians d same tin must b givn 2 buhari lets c if he wud b able 2 handle it...nd pls u guys shud stop cryin its obvious d man is a dullard....#westgermany

9 Likes

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 14, 2015
e never pain una reach

7 Likes

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by xandy84: 8:13am On Jun 14, 2015
I am not a fan of either APC or PDP and also completely against name calling but APC as a political party when way too far calling GEJ names and always against anything about him as a person. Buhari needs to get his house in order.. Calling Germany west Germany at the present time of the century is worse than dumbness... Am sure every pages of newspapers would feature such story if GEJ made a silly mistake of calling Germany west Germany..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by eagleeye2: 8:18am On Jun 14, 2015
midolian:

God bless you, OP. They are only being childish.

No one called GEJ names until he wasted years misruling us..Ostriches shouldnt get angry when you say they have long necks, cos in the real sense, their necks are long.

I thinks its jst better we ignore them since their minds are made up on revenging, regardless of how Buhari performs.
I believe there is no justification for insulting the office of the President. That office is a symbol of Nigeria's Sovereignity. But when the opposition started calling GEJ names and insulting him, some of us tried to disabuse their mind from doing such. What did we get? Insults on our person and some claiming it's because we are PDP.
I am still it, THERE'S NO JUSTIFICATION IN INSULTING THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT.
But I really don't see it stoping anytime soon. Because people like Governor El-Rufai gave voice to these insults. He went a step further by inventing the term CLUELESS to describe the President. HIS PRESIDENT. So those calling Buhari 'DD' may not really stop it anytime soon.
It doesn't have to be justified, but those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by eagleeye2: 8:23am On Jun 14, 2015
xandy84:
I am not a fan of either APC or PDP and also completely against name calling but APC as a political party when way too far calling GEJ names and always against anything about him as a person. Buhari needs to get his house in order.. Calling Germany west Germany at the present time of the century is worse than dumbness... Am sure every pages of newspapers would feature such story if GEJ made a silly mistake of calling Germany west Germany..
Most newspapers in the country is controlled by a certain region and they used it absolutely to their advantage. The question is, HOW FAR CAN PROPAGANDA CARRY YOU
I believe the white hair professor and Nobel laureate has not heard of the President's gaffe of calling Germany, WEST GERMANY. Cos, if it were the Dame that made such mistake, maybe another word would have been added to sheppopotamus.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by kodded(m): 8:25am On Jun 14, 2015
Op did you mean the duara dullard ?

9 Likes

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by nnanyereugo(m): 8:41am On Jun 14, 2015
D op is a damn hypocrite!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by Standing5(m): 8:47am On Jun 14, 2015
They are pained. Even pain be like: "tanoids, u guys are so into me, i dey feel una die".
Lol

4 Likes

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by omenka(m): 9:04am On Jun 14, 2015
Op you worry over trivial issues- concerned over kids acting their age and adults acting like kids. smiley

Two advice for you:

1. Ignore them when they throw insults. They always will. Asking them not to is like urging them on.

2. When they pretend to be intelligent and bring up debatable issues, engage them.

And you'd live happily ever after! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by wunmi590(m): 9:13am On Jun 14, 2015
Nonsense thread, where were you when they were calling GEJ names, hypocrisy of the highest order.

If you don't know what to use your time for, you better go and carry broom and sweep from Nigeria to Togo

2 Likes

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by genearts(m): 9:20am On Jun 14, 2015
What they don't know is that GEJ was given a name that perfectly described him at a time when Nigerians had given up on him

I don't have any regret calling GEJ clueless and I will never.....

They can keep calling PMB names.... IDGAF because I knw he will put them to shame, and if PMB fails to, I will also join in the bashing....

1 Like

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by plendil: 9:44am On Jun 14, 2015
wunmi590:
Nonsense thread, where were you when they were calling GEJ names, hypocrisy of the highest order.

If you don't know what to use your time for, you better go and carry broom and sweep from Nigeria to Togo

Did you hear anyone GEJ names two weeks into his tenure?

Was it not when he started misbehaving and displaying such crass ineptitude that the name calling began?

PMB just into power!! Give him a chance!!
Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by patrickmuf(m): 9:50am On Jun 14, 2015
Thing is; they never learn...
Kids have turned this forum to their play ground led by their protection seeking hero
Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by plendil: 9:58am On Jun 14, 2015
omenka:
Op you worry over trivial issues- concerned over kids acting their age and adults acting like kids. smiley

Two advice for you:

1. Ignore them when they throw insults. They always will. Asking them not to is like urging them on.

2. When they pretend to be intelligent and bring up debatable issues, engage them.

And you'd live happily ever after! cheesy

If you notice, I'm not very active in this section, so wouldn't care any less for the insults of those tomato-brained dimwits.

I was just struck by the blinding hypocrisy by those attempting to draw parallels with GEJ's travails. How on earth anyone can attempt to compare almost 6 years of rudderless leadership with just about 3 weeks into PMB's tenure is beyond me.
Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by LRNZH(m): 10:00am On Jun 14, 2015
OP is referring to those toddlers who claim to be in opposition but outside of the Politics section of NL are unknown entities.

Insulting PMB at this point (not even up to 20days in power) is totally roguish and irresponsible. When we called GEJ clueless, it was after 4 years of blunders and a direction-less govt.

GEJ will always be remembered as a clueless but amiable president and that is history that cannot be rewritten.

PMB will perform beyond expectations. Now we hear of the PH refinery coming back to full functionality. Nigeria is leading a capable multinational joint military force to take on BH. Nigerias image abroad is improving significantly. PMB respected the rule of law in the NASS elections instead of the NGF 16>19 of GEJ days.

In summary if we remember where we are coming from in GEJ's 6 years, PMB is a saint. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by baralatie(m): 10:13am On Jun 14, 2015
xandy84:
I am not a fan of either APC or PDP and also completely against name calling

"but APC as a political party when way too far calling GEJ names and always against anything about him as a person.(BECAUSE OF APC) "

Buhari needs to get his house in order.. Calling Germany west Germany at the present time of the century is worse than dumbness...

"Am sure every pages of newspapers would feature such story if GEJ made a silly mistake of calling Germany west Germany."(BECAUSE OF APC)
Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:14am On Jun 14, 2015
Wunmi590 and Xandy84..pls give me links to monikers her opening threads on NL as at May 2011 to insult GEJ..or ACN chieftains doing the same..if you CANT provide them, then STFU!!! Xandy84, u said from day 1, pls am waiting...The Name calling of a thing became prominent here on NL as at 2013 (Aug/Sept) after the Gov Forum election and etc..
My grouse is that even before PMB was sworn-in this act of crass stupidity has been making rounds...
My happiness is that we have a matured president..as we saw how he conducted himself during all hate docs and propagandas, he NEVER blinked nor cowed in..and you know the end result...
**Modified**...Particularly you xandy84 for saying buhari calling Germany, west/ germany is worst than dumbness? I look at your type and laff! Are you aware that sometime in President Bush era, he once called Egypt the capital of Africa..but nothing happened!! It's ONLY low-lifes that waste their time learning the history of others, but dont know anything about themselves...i bet you know at least 20 states out of 50 US states..but a brilliant American doesnt know more than Lagos or Abuja..were you not around last year, were a whole CNN pointed Niger on map to be Nigeria?? Why are major powerhouses courting china and india today in terms of business and investment? This is because they went into a 'seclusion' and discovered their inner strenght rather than waiting for others to define them...An Average chinese man can tell you their history of emperors and king and philosophers with a blink..but can you say or trace your origin with aptness? Nawa o! Or can Angel Merkel pronounce names like Kwankwaso or Gwagwalada

3 Likes

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by luvmijeje(f): 10:14am On Jun 14, 2015
genearts:
What they don't know is that GEJ was given a name that perfectly described him at a time when Nigerians had given up on him

I don't have any regret calling GEJ clueless and I will never.....

They can keep calling PMB names.... IDGAF because I knw he will put them to shame, and if PMB fails to, I will also join in the bashing....

So do I. I'm even the last person that will preach for Buhari not be call names.

When it comes to name calling Jonathan suffer in my hands. Is it Disgraceful President for telling us stealing is not corruption or Prodigal President for destroying PDP or Bigoted President for dividing this country along religious and tribal line or irresponsible President for being the last person to know what's going in his government or Wicked President for leaving Boko Haram to ravaged the North for so long etc .

If they want to call Buhari name out of frustration for losing the election, it's a free world.

2 Likes

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by baralatie(m): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2015
LRNZH:

When we called GEJ "clueless, "it was after 4 years of blunders and a direction-less govt.

GEJ will always be remembered as a "clueless" but amiable president and that is history that cannot be rewritten.

it is a pity that you guess spent 6 years spearheading and justifying name calling and anti govt campaign!
Now you guys are seeing how it hurts!

1 Like

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by wunmi590(m): 10:32am On Jun 14, 2015
plendil:

Did you hear anyone GEJ names two weeks into his tenure?

Was it not when he started misbehaving and displaying such crass ineptitude that the name calling began?

PMB just into power!! Give him a chance!!

Am not into the categories of those who call people who are old enough to be their father and grandfather names, but similar thread should have been created then while they were raining abuse of GEJ, let say the truth.

Ever since have been a Nairalander since 2011, have never insulted people before on NL talk more of abusing the president of my country. Am a confirm Catholic and my doctrine does not condone such
Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by doofanc: 10:37am On Jun 14, 2015
It is total unfair, wicked and indeed the height of unpatriotism to be deriding the president so early in his tenure.

As I speak now, there are no fewer than 5 threads with the sole purpose of making mockery of him. I think the MODs should do the needful. This nonsense should stop. angry angry
Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by doublewisdom: 10:39am On Jun 14, 2015
Nonsense. Is Buhari more president than Jonathan? Even his wife's inability to bear children was used to insult GEJ. FYI, More words are being coined everyday for Buhari who isn't even helping matters by committing blunders everyday.
Oga West Germany!

2 Likes

Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by wunmi590(m): 10:40am On Jun 14, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Wunmi590 and Xandy84..pls give me links to monikers her opening threads on NL as at May 2011 to insult GEJ..or ACN chieftains doing the same..if you CANT provide them, then STFU!!! Xandy84, u said from day 1, pls am waiting...The Name calling of a thing became prominent here on NL as at 2013 (Aug/Sept) after the Gov Forum election and etc..
My grouse is that even before PMB was sworn-in this act of crass stupidity has been making rounds...
My happiness is that we have a matured president..as we saw how he conducted himself during all hate docs and propagandas, he NEVER blinked nor cowed in..and you know the end result...
**Modified**...Particularly you xandy84 for saying buhari calling Germany, west/ germany is worst than dumbness? I look at your type and laff! Are you aware that sometime in President Bush era, he once called Egypt the capital of Africa..but nothing happened!! It's ONLY low-lifes that waste their time learning the history of others, but dont know anything about themselves...i bet you know at least 20 states out of 50 US states..but a brilliant American doesnt know more than Lagos or Abuja..were you not around last year, were a whole CNN pointed Niger on map to be Nigeria?? Why are major powerhouses courting china and india today in terms of business and investment? This is because they went into a 'seclusion' and discovered their inner strenght rather than waiting for others to define them...An Average chinese man can tell you their history of emperors and king and philosophers with a blink..but can you say or trace your origin with aptness? Nawa o! Or can Angel Merkel pronounce names like Kwankwaso or Gwagwalada

I don't insult people on NL, but what you just wrote up there is nonsense.

Read through all threads on NL, you would see where ACN chieftain such as (bola tinubu, lai mohameed and others) rain insult on GEJ and also open the latest thread of barcanista to confirm.

Am not into the categories of those who call people who are old enough to be their father and grandfather names, but similar thread should have been created then while they were raining abuse of GEJ, let say the truth.

Ever since have been a Nairalander since 2011, have never insulted people before on NL talk more of abusing the president of my country. Am a confirm Catholic and my doctrine does not condone such.
Re: The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 14, 2015
let them continue to hyperventilate

the drunkard is back in otueke

allow his rats to run around on NL. they are of no consequence

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

(Must Watch): Epic Response to Ben Bruce's "Common Sense" Revolution / See The Picture That Is Trending On Nairaland / Breakin News!! Herdsman Invades Delta Community, Beheads One, Injures Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.