Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (98353 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Digriz(m): 8:47am On Apr 25, 2010
my AVG is detecting a trojan on my system but fails to heal or remove it,any suggestion by the users pls help.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by RolandPet(m): 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2010
Pls nairalanders virus has nockdown my first system,i just acquired new one now and has downloaded KASPERSKY SOFTWARE on it,pls somebody should pls help me with KASPERSKY KEY so that i can activate it.

Thanks you all!

Or any other suggestion on anti virus to used with the keys.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by RolandPet(m): 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2010
Pls nairalanders

virus has nockdown my first system,i just acquired new one now and has downloaded KASPERSKY SOFTWARE on it,pls somebody should pls help me with KASPERSKY KEY so that i can activate it.

Thanks you all!

Or any other suggestion on anti virus to used with the keys.

ilonu@yahoo.com
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by PROFNICHO(m): 10:28am On Apr 27, 2010
what about PANDER ANTI VIRUS?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by colymore(m): 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2010
what if i recommend NORTON
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by neupane14: 6:04am On Apr 28, 2010
hi guys!!!!
In my view avira is the best and i do suggest you all to use that antivirus,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by pafa123: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2010
[b] you can try this it will work for you ok
Eset Nod 32

[b]

http://www.virusbtn.com[/b][/b]
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by pafa123: 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2010
how can i confuguer my system to mtn
somebody help me
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by damogul: 10:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
I have the latest Eset Nod32 antivirus key for anyone who needs it. Contact me for price.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by damogul: 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2010
I have the latest Eset Nod32 Version 4.0.437.0 antivirus key for anyone who needs it. Contact me for price
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by nazzyon(m): 12:08am On May 01, 2010
Avira Anitvir Personal is quite good.

Used it to scan infected documents, setup prog and many in a drive. It detected and repaired all the infected.

then

Scanned the same drive with Kaspersky, Norton, Avast (all premium) they didn't detect any infection.

So, it proves that Avira Personal AntiVirus ain't that bad.

Oh! It is free.

Comodo is also good.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by deribigbe(m): 2:48pm On May 03, 2010
I WILL ADVICE AVIRA , NOD32 and AVG all these should be the current version it is very much ok
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by hedmond(m): 1:08am On May 04, 2010
hi guys, pls i need a license key for avast internet security 5.0.492
plssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Jhidey(m): 11:31am On May 04, 2010
yes this is true Avast is simply the best
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by donsity(m): 2:14pm On May 04, 2010
Guys!!! Guys!!! Guys!!!

Wait!,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by donsity(m): 2:25pm On May 04, 2010
Guys!!! Guys!!! Guys!!!

Everyone is talkin this is best, that is best, and i wonder How you come to know this, the fact is, there are many antivirus publishers because of the upsurge of different kinds of viruses on the internet today. record has it that over 30,000 virus are created everyday, so people create antiruses believing that they will successfully sell their products. but we know that despite the numerous antirus names that are coming up everyday, there are only a handful of key players in the game today.

Clearly, no single antivirus is the best, all antivirus have what is called a "virus definition database" this is what determines the number of virus the anitvirus can recognise and deal with, based on their known behaviors. newer antirus publisher may succeed in gaining popularity for being able to remove new viruses, but that does not mean they are the best, because they are very likely to fail you when older virsuses attack. Again the top antivirus may only have only one or two advantages over each other.

I am Nigerian but i'm based in India, and i'm a (white hat hacker too) here in india, hacking and toying with virus is like regular checking of mail or facebooking in naija, I have dealt with many viruses and many antiviruses and i've found that unless you kno hackin skill, no antivirus is 100% foolproof. nonetheless i recommend only Norton Products not because they are the best per say, but because they are most reliable. but if you are using Avast, Macafee, AVG, Kapersky, i advice you to still keep them because they are also very good.

Those who say Norton is a pain in the neck, i understand your plight, I once hated Norton far back 2004/2005 but now i realised it was due to inexperience. Norton will be a pain in your neck if you try to crack it or use fake liscence unlike AVG and Avast. but somethings the problem may come from your OS too.

I don't know much on the pros and cons of the other antivirus you guys have stated here, but i strongly recommend that you don't
use Bitdefender and NetProtector. these two antiviruses are loud noise makers but they are easily hijacked remotely by hackers.
NetProtected particularly has a virus injected within it's source code. the virus does not execute until it is uninstalled.
I'm using Windows7, and i'v seen it crash alot of systems.

Moreso, If you want to really test the power of all the (over 40) antivirus in the market today, I'll like you to visit this website
www.virustotal.com all you need to do is to take a known virus file and upload it to their site, they'll scan it with all the differnt antiviruses and give you result, this will really help you to recognise and appreciate the best antiviruses, and you will also find that most of the names you've been listing here are not as reliable as you think.
And Did I Forget To say that virustotal.com is a safe website?, please don't be scared, it's a a good website

I hope this will help someone out there, and if you need a virus to do your testing with, you can ask from me, i have over 65 different virus and 7 virus creators.

P.S A Hacker is not a bad person, What he does with his knowledge is what determines if he's a good person or not. I urge you to learn hacking for your own safety too.

Have fun
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by deribigbe(m): 3:59pm On May 04, 2010
Donsity kindly come and teach me how to hack yaderibigbe@hotmail.com is my faze book account kind hook me up willing to learn for GOOD
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tomzyfire: 1:23am On May 05, 2010
@ donsity, please i have this thing in my system and my recovery partition ''RECYCLE.BIN' it even got into my external hard drive and i have tried deleting it and it keeps coming back, please i want to know how to remove it totally from my system, i use windows 7 too and not ready to format the system .
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by donsity(m): 8:11am On May 05, 2010
And did I Forget to state that this year's Antivirus review noted Kapersky, Norton and Bitdefender as top3 in the world. however, Like I said earlier, I Prefer norton antivirus. bt i have personally succeeded in Hijacking Bitdefender, dat's why i don't recommend it.

And for my friends @tomzyfire and @deribigbe, I can't really help u remove dat virus from here, but I assure u dat Norton can remove it. if u'v not used the 2010 version b4, den u'r lucky, simply install it now and and update it, u can use try it for 60 days. The Recycle.Bin virus is a very weak virus, i could easily remove it without any antivirus, all i need will be to boot the system to safe mode, then stop it's service from msconfig, trace the original host file's path from d registry, then delete the files from command promt (using takeover and force delete command) after which i must disable it from startup and also delete it from registery. it's quite simple, bt the basic step will be to be able to locate the host file, because it's the host file dat make the recycle.bin to keep coming back.

just skip dis long story and install norton 2010 or kaspersky 2010, they'll remove it easily for u.

As for my facebook account, my facebook name is "thesent george", add me and send me a message describing urself as my facebook friend, i'll be glad to help.
P.S. Don't forget to always enjoy yourself.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by johnspells: 7:50am On May 06, 2010
I will go for Kapersky Internet Security that is one the best anti virus software for my pc and even laptop. I had never face any difficulties or any virus problem once I had installed it. Even my laptop is working very smoothly not getting hang. I had face the problem of getting my laptop hang when I use some other software. I had a licensed version of it. The facility it provide is very good. I like using it.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by slimplus: 12:59pm On May 06, 2010
TO ME THERE IS NO BEST ANIT VIRUS BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED ALMOST ALL THE ANTI VIRUS I HAVE COME ACROSS.

EVERY ANTI VIRUS HAVE CAPABILITY OVER ANOTHER THE USER OR ADMINISTRATOR SHOULD ALSO HELP CONTROL WHAT MOVES IN AND OUT OF THE SYSTEM E.G STORAGE DEVICE, PROGRAMS OR WEBSITE THERE OFTEN BROWSE
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Ifebazz(m): 5:45pm On May 06, 2010
Pls guys does anybody hv eset NOD32 that works on Windows 7? I'm mo comfortable wit eset, but my OS says it requires a 64 bit software whereas eset is 32 bit.

Any 64 bit eset pls?

My email; ifebazz@yahoo.com
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by hob(m): 11:52pm On May 06, 2010
Ma 1st system came wt mcfee, fairly ok, ma 2nd came wt norton, ok 4 a while,until it expired & was not able to renew it.
Now im using d free vesion of avast, which seems ok @ d moment
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 10:33pm On May 12, 2010
@donsity:
Why do you mention you're based in India and how do I know that.

p/s: I'm quite interested in security, you code? which languages?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by sesantoke(m): 11:01pm On May 12, 2010
To me avg anti virus is the best. They even have one on their that will not expire. Chek it out.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Ezee(m): 6:35pm On May 13, 2010
tanx
             www.ictparadise..com
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by puskin: 12:27pm On May 18, 2010
Ifebazz:

Pls guys does anybody hv eset NOD32 that works on Windows 7? I'm mo comfortable wit eset, but my OS says it requires a 64 bit software whereas eset is 32 bit.

Any 64 bit eset pls?

My email; ifebazz@yahoo.com

U have  a working license for me and I can get U Eset for your Windows 7 64bit system.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by WhiteAndBlue: 2:05pm On May 18, 2010
I use kaspersky
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by blank(f): 9:12pm On May 20, 2010
I use Sophos and Windows Defender.
Its the best combination u can imagine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (43) (Reply)

USA Used HP Elite Book 1040 Core I7 For Sale. / Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.