Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,042 members, 7,828,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (98259 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Emekazeal: 10:14pm On May 23, 2010
hey guys, i'm using avira personal and i've found out that it detects more than avg, avast and kaparsky which i've used so far
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by blackkabir: 5:28pm On May 25, 2010
Hello everybody,i have an an virus caled[b] threatfire[/b]
, it is vry gud but iwant t ask if anyboyhave it's licence key shuldpls let me know
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Macaulish(m): 6:25pm On May 25, 2010
To me, the best Anti-virus to use is Avira, Nod 32 and kaspersky. thanks
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 4:53pm On May 26, 2010
Update !!! I have all the TOP 10 Internet Securities & Anti-Viruses, Fully licensed or cracked. Holla me If u want any.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by darequam(m): 11:10am On May 27, 2010
I'v heard from a lot of peeps that kaspersky is best, and av been using it since.
My question is, is my system vulnerable without me getting an activation code
If so how do I get one?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by charlievan(m): 2:33pm On May 27, 2010
@honsule , baba can i enjoy part of ur experience ,can u send me a key 4avast pro. my email add is kcmltd@yahoo.com ,thanks 4 being u. i use 4 now a free home edition that has succesfully almost made my system useless due to d fact that most file had been infected by win sally 32 and d said free edition was able to move it to chest when others cannot ,i wonder what d pro edition will do. i beg make i go format my system and enjoy avast pro edition jare ,that is if u fit give me d key anyway.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by charlievan(m): 6:05pm On May 27, 2010
Doncity ,u do sound like a very experieced and vast person on conputer system anyway ,presently im not enjoyin my lappy ,i'll need to format it ASAP ,i dont know if u can get me a suitable anti-virus . my email add is kcmltd@yahoo.com .
donsity:

Guys!!! Guys!!! Guys!!!

Everyone is talkin this is best, that is best, and i wonder How you come to know this, the fact is, there are many antivirus publishers because of the upsurge of different kinds of viruses on the internet today. record has it that over 30,000 virus are created everyday, so people create antiruses believing that they will successfully sell their products. but we know that despite the numerous antirus names that are coming up everyday, there are only a handful of key players in the game today.

Clearly, no single antivirus is the best, all antivirus have what is called a "virus definition database" this is what determines the number of virus the anitvirus can recognise and deal with, based on their known behaviors. newer antirus publisher may succeed in gaining popularity for being able to remove new viruses, but that does not mean they are the best, because they are very likely to fail you when older virsuses attack. Again the top antivirus may only have only one or two advantages over each other.

I am Nigerian but i'm based in India, and i'm a (white hat hacker too) here in india, hacking and toying with virus is like regular checking of mail or facebooking in naija, I have dealt with many viruses and many antiviruses and i've found that unless you kno hackin skill, no antivirus is 100% foolproof. nonetheless i recommend only Norton Products not because they are the best per say, but because they are most reliable. but if you are using Avast, Macafee, AVG, Kapersky, i advice you to still keep them because they are also very good.

Those who say Norton is a pain in the neck, i understand your plight, I once hated Norton far back 2004/2005 but now i realised it was due to inexperience. Norton will be a pain in your neck if you try to crack it or use fake liscence unlike AVG and Avast. but somethings the problem may come from your OS too.

I don't know much on the pros and cons of the other antivirus you guys have stated here, but i strongly recommend that you don't
use Bitdefender and NetProtector. these two antiviruses are loud noise makers but they are easily hijacked remotely by hackers.
NetProtected particularly has a virus injected within it's source code. the virus does not execute until it is uninstalled.
I'm using Windows7, and i'v seen it crash alot of systems.

Moreso, If you want to really test the power of all the (over 40) antivirus in the market today, I'll like you to visit this website
www.virustotal.com all you need to do is to take a known virus file and upload it to their site, they'll scan it with all the differnt antiviruses and give you result, this will really help you to recognise and appreciate the best antiviruses, and you will also find that most of the names you've been listing here are not as reliable as you think.
And Did I Forget To say that virustotal.com is a safe website?, please don't be scared, it's a a good website

I hope this will help someone out there, and if you need a virus to do your testing with, you can ask from me, i have over 65 different virus and 7 virus creators.

P.S A Hacker is not a bad person, What he does with his knowledge is what determines if he's a good person or not. I urge you to learn hacking for your own safety too.

Have fun
enjoy
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by ReLaTE(m): 12:21am On May 28, 2010
@blank
your right coz i hv used the trial version of sophos once and its very good,some of the virus that was hidden inside my system were all discovered and eliminated where as others couldn;t solve the problem.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by darlynton2050(m): 3:11am On May 28, 2010
norton is very good i'm using it with windows defender wink
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by darlynton2050(m): 3:21am On May 28, 2010
norton is ok with me.i use it with windows defender
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Stan24: 1:24am On May 31, 2010
Eset d best for now!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by mcmorgans: 12:24am On Jun 01, 2010
If you are using a genuine Microsoft software on your sytem , then i will ask you to go to net & get a free MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL. I had AVG which often slow down the booting. I just had a change yestaday.
Try it & see .
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by negus: 1:45am On Jun 01, 2010
my system is at the verge of crashing, i need an urgent assistant for an antivirus that could save me. my email address is idanapleon@yahoo.com
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by mcmorgans: 10:50pm On Jun 01, 2010
For you to say your system is about to crash, you have to state your OS,antivirus & type of sites visited before the problem started. And before i forget, what are the crash signs your system is exhibiting.But with respect to the later, if you are not vast in d technical area, then i will advise you reformat it using a genuine software then go to microsoft website to download Microsoft Security Essential.Here, during installation, your software will undergo a validation test. If successfull, then you have it.
In sellecting an antivirus,i consider:
1. An antivirus with a wide Virus database, (something like have the knowledge of a wide rang of virus so as to to generate a proper protective shield against it)
2. An antivirus that do not slow down my system.This is overcomed when you have used one or two to pick out one.

Am done with a copy to your mail too.
Bless you
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by bidex(m): 3:03pm On Jun 02, 2010
thee are loads of antivirus everywhere but to be truthful all these antiviruses are issues on their own. i will not reccomend avg and avast for anybody but any other antivirus such as Macafee, norton or symantec, kaspersky, nod32 are very much ok to use provided that you have internet connection to run virus updates on these antiviruses. also be mindful of free wares as they are vulnerable to securities issues. i mean free antiviruses or cracked antiviruses are vulnerable to viruses.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by McNelson(m): 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2010
get a free AVAST anti-virus with a product key on this group LEGITIMATE CASH ONLINE ON FACEBOOK. This offer will only last for 2 weeks.

http;//nelson-store..com
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by beewhyfocs(m): 11:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
I use FSecure Client Security 9.0. My Uni in the UK then gave us free access to the full version with the school password. Since then, I never bother myself with any other. I still have acess to update to the latest version in Nigeria. So for me Fsecure is treally secure!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by moonraker(m): 7:11am On Jun 04, 2010
If your truly truly want to be secure, then use this combination.

Windows 7 firewall

Nod32

Malewarebytes,

Windows 7 Firewall for Hacker Prevention, unautorize program launch and internet traffic.

Nod32 for viruses, trojans etc

Malwarebytes for spyware, virus and virus infested website block,

to top it off, You can use CC Cleaner to clean out your registry and Temp internet files so that yur comp doesnt hogg down,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 11:20am On Jun 04, 2010
@moonraker: WoW! That will kill my 1GB ram system!!! Some are still using XPs for God's sake!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2010
@All: FSBot is the Best!!! I'm still testing it but it will soon be available!!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2010
moonraker:

If your truly truly want to be secure, then use this combination.

Windows 7 firewall

Nod32

Malewarebytes,

Windows 7 Firewall for Hacker Prevention, unautorize program launch and internet traffic.

Nod32 for viruses, trojans etc

Malwarebytes for spyware, virus and virus infested website block,

to top it off, You can use CC Cleaner to clean out your registry and Temp internet files so that yur comp doesnt hogg down,

sounds like we have a lot in common - been using windows 7 firewall control for over a year now - its also great if u want to make sure your app dos not phone home to authenticate your illegal serial

use malwarebytes as my first choice in cleaning out infected pcs

i use kis, though
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tomiko1: 12:40pm On Jun 06, 2010
i'm using KAV 2010, it's the best antivirus program available now i think.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by moonraker(m): 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2010
@ oyb

Agreed, we do have alot in common, this is becos we knw our left and right when its

comes to IT related issues, sticking to the topic though, i never use to be a believer

in the windows firewall thingy. in my xp era, i used norton internet security. with vista,

i used Eset SS4. but after studying the changes that microsoft made with windows 7 in the firewall

department and how easy it was to create port etc, i never looked back since then. and thats y i have

that security combo
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jaysay(m): 12:35am On Jun 07, 2010
@posters,

this has been very reaviling, especially for a newbie like me. more please. i think i will vote for eset nod32, and get away from cracked programme. get the original softwares and scure youself. or better still get a mac from apple.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by puskin: 2:40am On Jun 10, 2010
skydancer:

@All: FSBot is the Best!!! I'm still testing it but it will soon be available!!

When U finish ur testing. . . , . . publish ur findings here!!!!!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by InesQor(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2010
How to Get a Good working Antivirus with updates from time to time. (This is not yet an Illegal method)

1. Get a free 30-day trail of ESET Smart Security (not NOD32) from their website http://www.eset.com/download/free-trial/smart-security

2. When installing, set "Specify update parameters later". Don't use serials or cracks, it's illegal.

3. ESET Smart security works fine without updates, but you need a registered copy to get updates, and the updates make you safer against new threats. Luckily, some guys package updates into offline updates. The most reliable and cleanest one is here http://jeanrapidshare..com

4. Visit Jeanrapidshare from time to time, get the offline update and use it (instructions are on the site) to update your installation.

5. As far as I know, this is not illegal because there is no statement in ESET's terms of service denying people the right to package updates for offline usage.

On the other hand, if you are using a validated (original) windows version, like me, download the Microsoft Security Essentials. Its free, updates for free, and its really good too esp if you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Wish you all the best.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by InesQor(m): 9:03am On Jun 10, 2010
Why 3rd party testers recommend ESET Smart Security for proactive virus detection.

http://www.eset.com/home/compare-eset-to-competition
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jerk: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
is that not one their site and you expect them not to be number one eeh?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Vicky2k(m): 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
I Use Kaspersky 7.0.1.325. This virus called Kido .ih was unable to be diinfectedT because the Database has expired but i want to stick to Kaspersky. Is the newer version licensed or is it just a trial version. Someone should post a link for me to download a higher version.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by daniellle(f): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2010
check this out: cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.