Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,538 members, 7,816,310 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa (71287 Views)

President Mugabe Sleeping During Donald Trump's UN Speech (Photo) / President Mugabe Blasts Zodwa Wabantu Who Doesn't Wear Panties To Shows / AU Joins ECOWAS To Pressure Jammeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by ifypedro38(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
Okay now that things have fallen apart ,what is next
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by wasuka14(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
Nigeria government are to blame why boko haram grow more wings. president mugabe is absolutely right. after the war in Libya, boko haram got most of their guns in Libya. SHAME TO NIGERIA, OBASANJO SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Dis is nt Obasanjo regime point of correction: Its our clueless man Gej who did dt, and d consequece of dt action is Powerful BH insurgency on Nigeria soil. Mugabe is absolutely right. Gej also voted against d freedom of Palestine frm Isreal. Only God knw wot will be d consequence of dt in future!

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by Jorussia(m): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
wunmi590:

Just dot? grin
later,i go comment put,you dey jealous say i b d first to comment?

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by wunmi590(m): 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
Jorussia:
later,i go comment put,you dey jealous say i b d first to comment?

Lol grin
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by nortcentrallord(m): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
seunmsg:
Looking at how things eventually played out in Libya, people like Mugabe who opposed the invasion on that country under the guise of enforcing a no flight zone resolution are right. Nigeria should also have opposed the invasion and maybe, Libya won't be in the current mess that it is in today. But then, would the west have listened to Nigeria if we opposed them?

I concur. The state of present Libya is a total waste of everything that was. Negotiations are always better than military actions. Libya can't even achieve half of what the had in the next 30 years. They were used to get to Ghadaffi. Am not saying Ghadaffi was a Saint but they all lost at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by Israel5(m): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
Buhari shld accpt d blame 4 naija. We were too scared and influenced by the west. Gej tried to stand up 2 dem nw he's sackd. If i hav my way, mugabe wil.. Infact, e make sense.
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by trappatoni(m): 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
ebamma:
I am,
Maybe you didn't know that he is the most educated president in the world,
And he is even making sense too,
Under Gaddafi, Libya was a developing country, and it standard of living was on par with many developed countries,
But today Libya is a failed state
I completely agree with you. Gadaffi might have been a dictator but he sure knows how to govern. Libya is worse off without Gadaffi.

3 Likes

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by Israel5(m): 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
Buhari shld accpt d blame 4 naija. We ar too scared and influenced by the west. Gej tried to stand up 2 dem nw he's sackd. If i hav my way, mugabe wil.. Infact, e make sense.
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by ruffDiamond: 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
ruffDiamond:
u be zimbo very likely Dumbo zombie what do ya know that walking corpse is the hugest joke in Africa as a whole 30 something years as president?? angry a Mobutu Siamese twin richer than than his own country? sad and where has all DAT years of MISRULE IMPUINTY GOTTEN ZIMBABWE AND ZIMBABWEANS WHERE IS DEMOCRACY KUDOS ADEOLA for brave journalism grin that senile waiklng graveyard got bad alright ,kudos
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by mankand(m): 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
I support Mugabe on this

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by babardos70: 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
Mugabe is right on this issue. HE KNOWS THE COLONIAL MASTERS MORE THAN ANY OTHER AFRICAN LEADER.
Libya was a developed country in Africa under Gadaffi. Lots of Nigerians and African use to go there for job and business opportunity. I have visited that country during Gaddaffi regime, Libya with uninterrupted Electricity, Good roads and many social amenities. How many Libyans did you see looking for jobs in Nigeria or going abroad during Gaddaffi regime.But since the invasion which was wholly supported by Nigeria and south Africa, Look at the country today. All there citizens are dying on the sea trying to reach Europe and the European that caused the trouble refuse to let them in most especially UK.
You see when there is any govt that does not dance to the tune of colonial masters , they will then sponsor a group to rise up in that country as an opposition in other to invade that country. Our Leaders are so foolish to follow them. They invaded Libya because of OIL and Gaddaffi is proven difficult for them. Mugabe fought for the independence of his country chase out the white that occupy the land and return it to the owners that was why they put sanction on him.
I'm Afraid the way BUHARI is romancing the Slave masters is of great concern. look what USA did to Mubarak in Egypt.
Do you know that UK and USA does not want Jonathan to hand over so that there will be confusion and use that to invade Nigeria. But GOD and Nigerians prayers intervene. Imagine UK and US stationed there Aircraft in Ghana and Neighbouring countries to evacuate there citizens before the election.
MUGABE knows the COLONIAL masters than every current Leaders in AFRICA. Watch out , The west will dictate some rights to BUHARI to sell it Nigerian such as GAY right, ANIMAL right, RIGHT TO DIE, RIGHT for wife to call the police and send the husband packing and all the rubbish things they do in Western world. BOKO haram is the handwork of UK and USA couple with some Nigerians. All the amunition Boko HARAM is using where does it comes from? BUHARI DONT sell us.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by golddust6000(m): 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Obasanjo? Why him? He was the President, Jonathan was. Obasanjo condemned the West for killing Gaddafi. He even predicted that there would be a serious security challenges.
@topic: Mugabe, we're sorry. The decision was taken during the tenure of our clueless President Jonathan.
During the time of gadafi reign, obasanjo was still in power, not gej.
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by millionaireman: 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
seunmsg:
Looking at how things eventually played out in Libya, people like Mugabe who opposed the invasion on that country under the guise of enforcing a no flight zone resolution are right. Nigeria should also have opposed the invasion and maybe, Libya won't be in the current mess that it is in today. But then, would the west have listened to Nigeria if we opposed them?

Westerners' last intervention in Libya played out woefully.

Western countries wanted Libya by all means, and which ex-President Jonathan favoured them through the yes vote for that cover-up UN no-fly zone.

But the Western countries latter turned against Jonathan, because they wanted a full-blown puppet for themselves in Nigeria to succeed Jonathan as president. That is a lesson for African leaders.

Buhari has been hanging out in front of 10 Downing, and with 'President Michele of West Germany' and other G-7 leaders since he got elected as president of Nigeria.

Therefore, is Nigeria now a fully independent country to represent Africa's interest if African countries support Nigeria to become a member of the UN Security Council? No. Mugabe was right.

4 Likes

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by nonjebose(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
I agree with Mugabe that we should have exercised restraint in approving the said resolution. On the other hand, dictatorial and despotic leadership give rise to internal conflicts which often result to external interventions. African leaders often give room to these problems
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by Zane2point4(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
Boss13:
Mugabe is right and equally wrong. You cannot fight a powerful enemy by telling them that directly to their face. See what they have done to Zimbabwe's economy.

Africa must unite amongst itself but not in a manner that is equally obvious. Anything to strengthen the continent can scare the west. The west would be scared mostly about the Unknown. Africa must act like the Chinese.

First, sustainable governance must be visible in all countries in Africa. Our African leaders must purge themselves from the loathing of self aggravation and unnecessary accumulation of wealth and begin to pursue an agenda of Africa realization.

Second, Africans must challenge themselves in providing local solutions to local problems. Only then can these local solutions be exported outside the continent and increase the prosperity of the continent. We cannot continue with reliefs and handouts because it slows our thinking process and keeps us in the dark. Let the success of Ebola challenge us to greater things and I also would not want to believe that Ebola was from a monkey in Zaire - let the white man not give me that bullshit story.

Finally, we must be cautious of the west and their allies because a prosperous nation or continent is rather seen as a threat rather than a friend. In that case, I would end by saying that Nigeria and South Africa had no choice but to vote along other countries to invade Libya. You can only beat an enemy by learning his tricks

Guy your a very brillant international political analyst I was expecting this not some useless comments I read here.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by adamskutty(m): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
wasuka14:

Dis is nt Obasanjo regime point of correction: Its our clueless man Gej who did dt, and d consequece of dt action is Powerful BH insurgency on Nigeria soil. Mugabe is absolutely right. Gej also voted against d freedom of Palestine frm Isreal. Only God knw wot will be d consequence of dt in future!
When we " sensable humans" said jonadaaft is clueless and a curse to nigerians, some flat head, primitive people said it was pure hatred from our side. grin grin They failed to realize that jonadaaft was a time bomb about to explode, the mad man has succesfully armed boko bastard by supporting the invasion of libya, the cruel ape also voted against the freedom of innocent palestanines from isreal. Pls may the consequences of that action befall children of Biafra that supports him not us ooo. grin grin SEVERUSSNAPE AND HIS WIFE MIZMYCOLI WITH TEMITEMI THE ROBOT ain't u niggeeers ashamed of having such a man for a hero? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
Obasanjo's tenure ended in 2007. As when the Arab Spring started in 2010, Jonathan was the President. Jonathan appointed Nigeria's representatives at the UN. It was during Yar'Adua/Jonathan's tenure that Gaddafi said Nigeria should divide along religious line.
If there were any Africans Gaddafi dreaded, they were Obasanjo and Buhari.
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by ceejayluv(m): 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
seunmsg:
Looking at how things eventually played out in Libya, people like Mugabe who opposed the invasion of that country under the guise of enforcing a no flight zone resolution are right. Nigeria should also have opposed the invasion and maybe, Libya won't be in the current mess that it is in today. But then, would the west have listened to Nigeria if we opposed them?
That would have added another "clueless " feather to Jonathan 's cap by his haters...
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by nonjebose(m): 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
My guy simple calculation na. Obj was in power for 8 yrs ie 1999-2007.
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
For me ooo, i think he should have said naija and sa have betrayed africa and also failed it seriously buy not rapidly developing and ranked along side countries like singapore, japan and china even though they have the most chance of and resources to do so which have only lead to them occupying bloated statues in the african economy. That would have been a better observation

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by golddust6000(m): 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
ruffDiamond:
u be zimbo very likely Dumbo zombie what do ya know that walking corpse is the hugest joke in Africa as a whole 30 something years as president?? angry a Mobutu Siamese twin richer than than his own country? sad and where has all DAT years of MISRULE IMPUINTY GOTTEN ZIMBABWE AND ZIMBABWEANS WHERE IS DEMOCRACY KUDOS ADEOLA for brave journalism ;Dhe got bad alright ,kudos
U go scul, ewu, why u dey abuse me, your mama fail to give you home training ?
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by guyX(m): 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
Ilekeh:

This didn't happen under Buhari's regime.

Stop sounding confused.
Why are you guys talking in past tense?
Are you guys from the past?
Did you guys time travel?
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by golddust6000(m): 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
nonjebose:
My guy simple calculation na. Obj was in power for 8 yrs ie 1999-2007.
Yeah, but na during dat time (2007) dem contact obasanjo, na jona come finish everything in 2011.
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by guysmat(m): 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
Jorussia:
.mugabe concentrate on how to revive your currency,that currently has thesame value with a piece of paper.leave nigeria alone and face your dead economy.mugabe,you are the president of a country,that is on the verge of being a failed state economically,with out going through any form of arm conflict.

Please visit Zimbabwe and have your facts straight before you comment. Based on western media/propaganda, I had the same opinion of that country as you; until I visited. The west has tried to kill their economy for decades but with Mugabe switching the country's currency to US Dollars, the west cannot further devalue the dollar without hurting themselves in the process.
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by CSTR2: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
I understand why Nigeria did it.
Ghadaffi was already a threat to Nigeria's unity calling for disintegration between christians and muslims at any given opportunity.
Nigeria saw a chance to get rid of him and took it decisively.
One of the few times where Nigeria's foreign policy had been in the pursuit of national interest.
Southafrica voting against ghadaffi on the other hand was a strange decision.
There was no quarrel between both countries, or maybe south africa just wanted to flow with the majority.
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by golddust6000(m): 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
kennybabs1980:
You must be drunk like your drunkard brother, the Otuoke clown who was in office as President in 2011
When some of us said it here that GEJ directly or indirectly empowered BH, some idiots like you said he was the best thing that have happened to Nigeria, wetin concern OBJ with Libya in 2011 when he was no longer president, Omo jatijati
na YOUR PAPA AND MAMA BE I.D.I.O.T, EWU. Do you think i am here for tribal insult?
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by ideylaff: 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
Jeffboi:
J

Seriously this man is making lots of sense here

what sense is he making

You have to put your house in order to fight the western world or outsiders

Whats is beef with Nigeria

Is he good to his veru own people himself

He needs to look inwards before ranting

Africa is Africas problem not the white man

The same Mugabe that shuts down shops in paris to buy his suits is talking against them

He's a joke most times.

I dont have time for leaders who are even worse than the white people sef

was gadaffi good to his own people? NO Capital NO

Is Mugabe good to his own people Absolute NO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by Dino2002: 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
Robert Mugabe is talking senses into senseless leaders.
Just think abt SA handling over sudanese president over to ICC on d ground of genocide, the westerns knows they can't arrest him in his country. Y in SA.
Libyan are suffering because of other african leaders negligence.

May Almighty ALLAH save africa from d clutches of our no1 enemy. African growth av been set by them, it takes thinkers like mahmah gaddaffi & ppl of like mind to help us.

Gaddafi's death is disastrous to libya as we av all seen.

God bless Africa my father land

God bless Nigeria my mother land.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by sherrylo: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Obasanjo's tenure ended in 2007. As when the Arab Spring started in 2010, Jonathan was the President. Jonathan appointed Nigeria's representatives at the UN. It was during Yar'Adua/Jonathan's tenure that Gaddafi said Nigeria should divide along religious line.
If there were any Africans Gaddafi dreaded, they were Obasanjo and Buhari.

@Orlando leave that guy that refused to learn
Re: Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa by ramalot(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
Mugabe will end up like Gadaffi, and he knows it.

If your brother is a criminal, hand him over to the police, the same way you would with someone else.
Who cares if Libya is an African country?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Football Fans Sexually Assault A Lady Inside Bush (pics) / Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace / Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.