Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

British Couple Become World's Oldest Newlyweds At Combined Age Of 194 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / British Couple Become World's Oldest Newlyweds At Combined Age Of 194 (674 Views)

106-year-old Woman Gets Engaged To Her 66-year-old Lover, Becomes Oldest Fiancée / British Couple Who Split After World War II, Married 72 Years Later / With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Couple Become World's Oldest Newlyweds At Combined Age Of 194 by ugodie(f): 10:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
A 103-year-old man and a 91-year-old woman have held their wedding in Britain, becoming the oldest couple in the world to get married.

George Kirby and Doreen Luckie — together for 27 years — looked delighted as they tied the knot on Saturday at a hotel in the seaside town of Eastbourne, southern England, before close friends and family.

The bride wore a white dress with blue flowers while the groom, a former boxer, was dressed smartly in a suit and tie, and was in a wheelchair following a recent fall.

With a combined age of 194 years, the pair beat the previous record held by a French couple, Francois Fernandez and Madeleine Francineau, who had a combined age of 191 years.

Speaking ahead of the ceremony, Ms Luckie said the couple had "no regrets" about not doing it earlier.

"We didn't want to bother about marriage before but eventually we did it," she said.

The couple reportedly have seven children, 15 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren between them.

They got engaged on Valentine's Day this year, according to the Daily Mail.

"I didn't get down on one knee, because I don't think I would have been able to get back up," the newspaper quoted Kirby as saying.

AFP

Re: British Couple Become World's Oldest Newlyweds At Combined Age Of 194 by Eboh4z: 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
The man looks guyish
Re: British Couple Become World's Oldest Newlyweds At Combined Age Of 194 by sinaj(f): 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
lol how sweet kiss

but what will they do during Honey moon nau tongue
Re: British Couple Become World's Oldest Newlyweds At Combined Age Of 194 by AlienStar: 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
Wow! Interesting!
Re: British Couple Become World's Oldest Newlyweds At Combined Age Of 194 by nerodenero: 10:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
"I didn't get down on one knee, because I don't think I would have been able to get back up,"
grin grin grin grin grin. For them, it's all about companionship.

This one wey the guy no go fit get up if he kneel down, make him no go try say him wan insert sim inside phone before im heart go just stop to dey beat grin
Re: British Couple Become World's Oldest Newlyweds At Combined Age Of 194 by ugodie(f): 1:19am On Jun 16, 2015
Lol. It's enjoyment galore for them till death do them part. Happy wedlock.
Re: British Couple Become World's Oldest Newlyweds At Combined Age Of 194 by Olivers2J(f): 7:52am On Jun 16, 2015
Life is sweeter @ old age

Chai they really wish to turn back the hand of clock buh tick tack it goes everyday

(1) (Reply)

Study: Acceptance Of Lesbian, Gay, And Bisexual Slowly Increasing In Nigeria. / Hi, I'm CAITLYN! / What Will You Do If You Were The One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.