Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,726 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (101179 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:35am On May 18, 2010
honeric01:

i just don't understand why these clubs can't make any meaningful progress since their establishments, they have been struggling to even finish 3rd all these while not to talk of getting promotion, i just hope and pray that Eko FC gets the support of the government and finally make it to the top div, thats my only hope for now. sad

why do they need support of the govt, Eko and other Lagos based teams should be one of those clubs that have the best access to private finance and proper management not to talk of publicity for the league- I can see 101 local business men rushing to endorse them if the can get their act together what with fans in their milllions have access to surulere with its 'standard' pitch and media friendly arena

are those lowly football clubs in Lagos allowed to use the state stadium or they use under bridge and cattle ranch

shame on lagos o!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:29am On May 18, 2010
Dis Guy:

why do they need support of the govt, Eko and other Lagos based teams should be one of those clubs that have the best access to private finance and proper management not to talk of publicity for the league- I can see 101 local business men rushing to endorse them if the can get their act together what with fans in their milllions have access to surulere with its 'standard' pitch and media friendly arena

are those lowly football clubs in Lagos allowed to use the state stadium or they use under bridge and cattle ranch

shame on lagos o!!

the clubs you stated are not worth playing at that stadium, the stadium is not for free bro, no where in the world would you see a club using a state stadium for free and i don't think these amateur clubs can pay the fees.

As for Eko fc, it was fashola that founded that club, it's a state club, maybe they have sponsors for them, but we are not in the position to see that since the club is still young and plays in the amateur div for now, so no shame on Lagos.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 2:33pm On May 18, 2010
Hmm, sani abacha stadium,gidan penalty gift!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:53pm On May 18, 2010
Penalty gift? how do you mean? any match going on?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 2:49pm On May 19, 2010
They gave kano pillars controversial penalty,anyway its normal in our league.Lmao
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:00am On May 20, 2010
oic, you mean the same way it's normal in the EPL giving controversial penalties to the likes of manutd? cool
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 6:59am On May 20, 2010
I dont know bout dat cos i dont watch dat
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 9:54am On May 20, 2010
Well, controversial penalty is not a Nigerian thing, it's everywhere.

Julius Berger vs Bendel Insurance is playing this evening at the union bank ground, if Insurance wins, we're automatically guaranteed promotion to the NPL, i can't wait to see this happen, Oshiomole is coming to grace the match too cool
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 4:21pm On May 20, 2010
@honeric,I swear benin arsenal can win there bt they have to be FIT cos of the sand pitch.Adewale bridge boys(berger) are vry young and vry gud bt arsenal can win there.Am watchin Crown vs Gabros International dis weekend,i wont be able to watch Gateway vs Aba boys
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 5:03am On May 21, 2010
Cappadona123:

I swear benin arsenal can win there bt they have to be FIT cos of the sand pitch.Adewale bridge boys(berger) are vry young and vry gud bt arsenal can win there.Am watchin Crown vs Gabros International dis weekend,i wont be able to watch Gateway vs Aba boys

Well, you know them currently more than i do, yet to watch any of their matches this season, i bet they have been performing well because that's the only reason you'd see them on top of their table, i just hope we win sha, even draw is a good result.

is any of these 2 clubs fighting for promotion too? i mean gabros and crown?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 8:14am On May 21, 2010
@honeric,Benin arsenal is a gud team,i watched their gud match against Crown in ogbomosho which they lost by a lone goal.Oh My God,did anyone watched dea match against Ogunjobi team(Prime Fc) in osogbo??Anyway Insurance got the board point,dats why they are topping o.Crown is in gud contention o,they slugged it with akwa untd 4d ist position in ist round.I LOVE 9JA LEAGUE O!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:59pm On May 21, 2010
Bro, i want insurance back in the league, i want to see them play against kano pillars, pillars can play too so i want to see the war between them, who's topping the pro table now? insurance, Awka or Crown?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 6:38pm On May 21, 2010
@honeric,There is a new development o,My team(Crown fc) has got a board room point o against Anambra united cos they fielded a guy dat got red card.I am playin against Gabros intl and we are winning.Hmm, Rising stars has bin banished to Abeokuta cos they beat Referee to state of coma against Prime,haha, Insurance is topping and are goin to Lagos against bridge boys and i pray they lose(sry honeric)!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:23am On May 22, 2010
Cappadona123:

@honeric,There is a new development o,My team(Crown fc) has got a board room point o against Anambra united cos they fielded a guy dat got red card.I am playin against Gabros intl and we are winning.Hmm, Rising stars has bin banished to Abeokuta cos they beat Referee to state of coma against Prime,haha, Insurance is topping and are goin to Lagos against bridge boys and i pray they lose(sry honeric)!!!

badddd man, playing at the pro level is hell, so i wouldn't pray that Insurance returns to that bottom again, ah you want us to lose? if we lose, what happens? you qualify or what? remember that it's only 2 slot that gets promoted, so even if we lose, we either finish top or second, that i can assure you bro.

all the same, whats the points separating these 3 clubs?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 1:07am On May 22, 2010
Eyinmba Lucky o They had to play a team banished all the way from the nrotehrn part to Calabar just next door to them!! Basically making it an away game to Ranchees Bee

an Away win for Eyinma topping the table with a game in hand!! Oh boy make Afonja warriors go jams those banished teams as well two away teams grin grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:44am On May 22, 2010
Shooting Stars get new board

A five-man board has been appointed for Shooting Stars after three years of Mutiu Adepoju's stewardship as General Manager.

Former international and coach Joseph Ladipo will head the board which also has another ex international Felix Owolabi and Raheem Olatunji.

Other members of the board, which will be inaugurated on Friday, are Mrs Olubisi Adegoke and Moses Olaoye.

Shooting, five-time league champions, are in a desperate struggle to maintain their top flight status.

A victory over Sharks in midweek moved them up to 12th on the 20-team table with 40 points, but that is just three points away from the relegation places and six points more than bottom club Gateway.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/15556/shooting-get-new-board.php
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:45am On May 22, 2010
Enyimba on verge of history

Posted: 2010-05-21 15:50

Enyimba moved back to the top of the Nigeria Premier League with a 1-0 road win over Ranchers Bees on Thursday in Calabar.

The People's Elephants are now one point ahead of second-placed Kano Pillars, but still have a game in hand and are now in pole position to claim a record six titles that would make them the most successful side in Nigerian football history.

Enyimba are currently tied with Rangers and Shooting Stars on five titles each.

Club Media Officer Tonnex Chukwu described the performance as 'lacklustre' but Ranchers were playing a long way from home at the UJ Esuene Stadium where they were banished by the Nigeria Premier League for crowd trouble and Enyimba took full advantage.

Gabriel Reuben was first to reach the ball after Vakentine Nwabili's free-kick came crashing away from the crossbar after just seven minutes.

It proved enough for Enyimba to claim a nervy, but very valuable three points. Perhaps the most important of their season, as their second outstanding game is also away, to struggling champions Bayelsa United.

This weekend, they will play Gateway in Abeokuta, and a result there will all but assure another title triumph, and another space in the history books.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/15557/enyimba-on-verge-of-history.php
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:47am On May 22, 2010
This Week’s Fixtures:
22/05 Gateway vs Enyimba
22/05 R Bees vs Lobi
22/05 Sharks vs Kwara
22/05 Pillars vs Dolphins
22/05 Niger vs Kaduna
22/05 Gombe vs Ocean
23/05 Wolves vs Wikki
23/05 Rangers vs Zamfara
23/05 Heartland vs 3SC
23/05 Bayelsa vs Sunshine

Mid-Week’s Results:
20/05 R Bees 0-1 Enyimba
19/05 3SC 1-0 Sharks
19/05 Heartland 1-0 Lobi

Log:
Pos Teams Pld Pst
1. Enyimba 31 59
2. Pillars 32 58
3. Kwara 32 51
4. Sunshine 32 51
5. Rangers 32 50
6. Wolves 32 49
7. Niger 32 48
8. Dolphins 32 46
9. Heartland 32 45
10. Gombe 31 43
11. Kaduna 32 43
12. 3SC 32 40
13. Zamfara 32 40
14. Sharks 32 38
15. Lobi 31 38
16. Ocean 32 38
17. Wikki 31 37
18. Bayelsa 30 37
19. R Bees 32 36
20. Gateway 32 34
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:52am On May 22, 2010
Dis Guy:

Eyinmba Lucky o They had to play a team banished all the way from the nrotehrn part to Calabar just next door to them!! Basically making it an away game to Ranchees Bee

an Away win for Eyinma topping the table with a game in hand!! Oh boy make Afonja warriors go jams those banished teams as well two away teams grin grin

well, Enyimba is looking more in position to win the league, but then they might not be able to claim the title without hefty battle from the likes of Pillars and Rangers.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 7:58am On May 22, 2010
@honeric,crown is in 2nd position,insurance is playin against berger which they whl lose,crown vs gabros intl.Crown and Insurance are promoting,sorry Akwa untd!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 8:43am On May 22, 2010
@honeric,9ja league is funny o,Bukola babes got board point against Unicem and they beat 2playas to coma,haha
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 9:30am On May 22, 2010
Cappadona123:

@honeric,crown is in 2nd position,insurance is playin against berger which they whl lose,crown vs gabros intl.Crown and Insurance are promoting,sorry Akwa untd!!!

So as things are now, Insurance is guaranteed either 1st or 2nd spot? how many matches left to go? Gabros is no small team either but since crown is playing at home, they should be able to win that. as for Berger, they should just let us be grin

Cappadona123:

@honeric,9ja league is funny o,Bukola babes got board point against Unicem and they beat 2playas to coma,haha

The pro div is the worse place to play, if you find yourself there, be ready to play the politics to the highest level, beating up players, coaches and officials is as easy as dropping pure water nylon on the street of Lagos grin
all these teams getting board points are only doing this to avoid relegating to the amateur league which is more messy than anything in the world.

What's the point separating the 1st and 3rd? and who's topping the 2nd table? i mean the B table, 1st to 3rd?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 9:53am On May 22, 2010
@honeric,Incha allah Crown wil promote,4matches left and am playing home against Gabros.Berger vs Insurance,Akwa vs Ouk
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 10:12am On May 22, 2010
nice, but do you know the points separating them? i heard somewhere that Insurance was topping with 5 points before, but has that changed?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 11:10am On May 22, 2010
honeric01:

Enyimba on verge of history

Enyimba moved back to the top of the Nigeria Premier League with a 1-0 road win over Ranchers Bees on Thursday in Calabar.

The People's Elephants are now one point ahead of second-placed Kano Pillars, but still have a game in hand and are now in pole position to claim a record six titles that would make them the most successful side in Nigerian football history.

Enyimba are currently tied with Rangers and Shooting Stars on five titles each.

Club Media Officer Tonnex Chukwu described the performance as 'lacklustre' but Ranchers were playing a long way from home at the UJ Esuene Stadium where they were banished by the Nigeria Premier League for crowd trouble and Enyimba took full advantage.

Gabriel Reuben was first to reach the ball after Vakentine Nwabili's free-kick came crashing away from the crossbar after just seven minutes.

It proved enough for Enyimba to claim a nervy, but very valuable three points. Perhaps the most important of their season, as their second outstanding game is also away, to struggling champions Bayelsa United.

This weekend, they will play Gateway in Abeokuta, and a result there will all but assure another title triumph, and another space in the history books.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/15557/enyimba-on-verge-of-history.php
The people's Elephant.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 11:12am On May 22, 2010
@honeric,dont mind what u read inside soccerstar,its only 1pt
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:16pm On May 22, 2010
Cappadona123:

@honeric,dont mind what u read inside soccerstar,its only 1pt

just 1 point separating the 1st and 3rd on the table?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 1:30pm On May 22, 2010
Its only 1point separating 4rm 1st-5th
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2010
wow, that's so funny, does that mean the rest 4 teams have the same points except insurance who's 1 point ahead of the rest 4?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 5:32pm On May 22, 2010
I mean its only 1pt dat separates them all
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by semid4lyfe(m): 1:04am On May 23, 2010
What was the score between Enyimba and Gateway?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 8:58am On May 23, 2010
Na 2day them dey ply o.Insurance lost against julius berger

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (78) (Reply)

Lady Turns Super Eagles Jersey In Bum Shorts, Rocks It In New Photos / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.