Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100804 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:22am On Feb 12, 2012
Any updates on week 8&9 fixures ?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:29am On Feb 13, 2012
honeric01:

@Dis Guy and afam4eva, COD is another lagos club but in second division, nice website they have. http://www.codunitedfc.com (rccg club)

Thanks that's the most updated Nigerian football website I've seen
they look well run too

hope they keep it up
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by MutuYaChuma: 12:04am On Feb 17, 2012
I really don't understand why Nigeria League isn't as popular as in North-African country and South-African.

Instead, Almost every Nigerian i have met is passionate about EPL instead. I mean, Nigeria has lots of businessmen, and has good Stadiums it all it big cities.

How someone help me understand what is wrong?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by novaman: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2012
I am so happy some great guys are working on reviving Stores, by ensuring massive fan support, they even plan to avoid financial committment from government, because is becos they want the club to be truly financially dependent; the club will be modeled like top Spanish clubs that are not owned by any individual but the supporters, it will be good to see stores come back in style, the Government should allow the supporters own the club then government support can come by way of security support
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 11:34am On Feb 29, 2012
novaman:

I am so happy some great guys are working on reviving Stores, by ensuring massive fan support, they even plan to avoid financial committment from government, because is becos they want the club to be truly financially dependent; the club will be modeled like top Spanish clubs that are not owned by any individual but the supporters, it will be good to see stores come back in style, the Government should allow the supporters own the club then government support can come by way of security support

doubt the govt is preventing them from owning a club
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by elinstech: 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
Cheap Clean Us Used Blackberry Bold 5&6,torch 1&2,bold 2 &4,,curve 2&4 In Stock

We sell slightly clean USA  Used phone  and brand new phones with warranty @affordable rate.

To check for price and phone pictures Check our www.facebook.com/phoneshopng like our facebook fanpage then go to note to check for prices

NOTE:We dont sell refurbished phones or phones with IT policy .Do watch out for such phones out there from seller.Be careful when buying from other even you are not buying from us

People join www.facebook.com/phoneshopng  for constant updates on products available.

To Place your order call 08057096694 OR BB PIN:2160BC10
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by novaman: 12:27am On Mar 04, 2012
Dis Guy:

doubt the govt is preventing them from owning a club

a lot has been done concern stores supporters fc, less help is needed from the government, very soon Lagos will witness the much needed mega club, the steering committee is working, the entire web base or off-web base fans is waiting, the target is to raise 200k supporters, so if you are in Lagos follow the Facebook link https://www./235732549841774/ join the club and make your contribution after going thru other people's comment.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
Why is it that nobody talks about the Nigerian premier league ??
For your information the league is heating up currently and the standards are really improving!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2012
Why is it that nobody talks about the Nigerian premier league ??
For your information the league is heating up currently and the standards are really improving!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 6:28pm On Mar 12, 2012
My people, how una dey ooo
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by novaman: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2012
people need to talk about our local clubs, because if anyone watched the match between Enyimba and Heartland, the only low point of the match was after 90mins, the FA should sanction the club with about N100Million, and encourage the club to register the members/fans. The match was world class quality, which is why efforts should be made to get all matches on TV even if it is delayed
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 6:58pm On Mar 13, 2012
novaman: people need to talk about our local clubs, because if anyone watched the match between Enyimba and Heartland, the only low point of the match was after 90mins, the FA should sanction the club with about N100Million, and encourage the club to register the members/fans. The match was world class quality, which is why efforts should be made to get all matches on TV even if it is delayed

that match was more entertaining than the 2 other EPL matches played that day..
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2012
Guys,the match according to reports was explosive and as usual the mighty Enyimba took won and took revenge after they were beaten by Heartland at the fa cup last year!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2012
novaman:
people need to talk about our local clubs, because if anyone watched the match between Enyimba and Heartland, the only low point of the match was after 90mins, the FA should sanction the club with about N100Million, and encourage the club to register the members/fans. The match was world class quality, which is why efforts should be made to get all matches on TV even if it is delayed

You cant do that without folding the whole league! This should be a gradual process; as you know,most of our naija clubside are being financed by the state government and are mostly not making profits from players sell,gate fee nor sponsorship deals! We currently have clubs that are really growing very fast like Enyimba,Rangers,Kano pillars,Dolphin,Warri wolves,Heartland,Sunshine stars. We neec to look for more cappable sponsors and make sure the playing personnels are well renumerated. Our pitches must be up to international standard so that it will meet television standard. Security must be provided for the match officials and they must be well paid so that they will have confidence to officiate a game,proffesionally. These are some of the areas that needs improvements and constant supervisions.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2012
@honeric, I quoted the wrong post.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2012
NRI PRIEST: @honeric, I quoted the wrong post.

i was wondering too lol.. anyways i heard what heartland did at the end of the match, they should be punished severely.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by MutuYaChuma: 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2012
Enyimba vs Heartland. That must have been a very good Derby game. It even went to fighting. lol

Nigerian Businessmen must takeover all clubs if they are to really progress.

DRC has coule Clubs which could really do better if they aren't owned by owned dummy State companies. But other Clubs suchs as TP Mazembe, Vita-Club, DCMP, US-K, Tshikunku, CILU etc... do well because they are owned by Congolese businessmen.

However: Nigeria, DRC have a common weakness on clubs. Clubs aren't able to hold on on the good players. they might be good for 2 years , then shrink for another good at least 5 or so years because they need to come up with more players or build a cohessive team.

But Nigeria is a big ass country with a gigantic market compared to the rest of other countries and a growing economy. It should be able to be dominant on the continent by retaining lots of players within the country which would make the Clubs strong on continental lavel. But again. The Nigerian people play a bigger part in this. they must watch their Clubs first , then EPL second.

Besides, Nigeria has decent Stadias, unlike DRC which only got 2 decent ones.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 7:01am On Mar 15, 2012
Mutu Ya Chuma: Enyimba vs Heartland. That must have been a very good Derby game. It even went to fighting. lol

Nigerian Businessmen must takeover all clubs if they are to really progress.

DRC has coule Clubs which could really do better if they aren't owned by owned dummy State companies. But other Clubs suchs as TP Mazembe, Vita-Club, DCMP, US-K, Tshikunku, CILU etc... do well because they are owned by Congolese businessmen.

However: Nigeria, DRC have a common weakness on clubs. Clubs aren't able to hold on on the good players. they might be good for 2 years , then shrink for another good at least 5 or so years because they need to come up with more players or build a cohessive team.

But Nigeria is a big ass country with a gigantic market compared to the rest of other countries and a growing economy. It should be able to be dominant on the continent by retaining lots of players within the country which would make the Clubs strong on continental lavel. But again. The Nigerian people play a bigger part in this. they must watch their Clubs first , then EPL second.

Besides, Nigeria has decent Stadias, unlike DRC which only got 2 decent ones.

the bolded is owned by a governor in DRC
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2012
Rangers of Enugu remain at the NPL summit after they decimated their week 12 opponent, Lobi stars. The coal city in-form striker Chikeluba Ofoedu opened the flood gate of goals as eagles enterprising winger doubled it. New signings from Warri wolves Yarhere and Oghogho also put their names on the score sheet.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by MutuYaChuma: 11:17pm On Mar 15, 2012

Honerico01
the bolded is owned by a governor in DRC
The Mazembe Chairman has been Governor since 2007. But he owns the team since 1998. Besides. Throughout DRC'S football History. Mazembe always been the richest club and it's never in Government's hand. There are never a single state Government owned club. They are either owned by individual businessmen, owned by a private or state Company, but not directly by State Government.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:29am On Mar 16, 2012
^^^

I understand, just pointed out something about the owner.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 7:14am On Mar 16, 2012
I watched the highlights of the Heartland/Enyimba game on Naija made (Which btw, I think is doing a good job in promoting the league) and the goals were mainly caused by defensive errors. Nigeria national team will suffer for many more years as it seems our defenders these days have zero tactical awareness and still play football like we're in the 80s. Little wonder only our strikers play for elite teams in Europe today.

The one-nil scoreline prevelant in our league games is due to poor marksmanship rather than defensive prowess. An average tactically sound striker (Jude Aneke, Ahmed Musa) can easily hit 20 goals in the league.

After many years of trials, We now have good stadia, live games, improved officiating BUT rubbish players and violence. When league teams begin to feature young local players with good tactical awareness and hoodlums are kept away from the stadium, then Nigerians would begin to flock the stadium to see games.

One more thing, Can the NPL ban the single ownership of two clubs in the same league? Dolphin/Sharks, Rising/Sunshine stars etc. . .Those games can never be derby games! Following this, I quite agree with @Mutu Ya Chuma! State ownership isn't a very good model
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ow11, criticising all the time and not commending for a job well done so far will not help!! Dont european based players score own-goal ? And am not sure Rising star and Sunshine are owned by same person.. Our league players are improving but they need support and good management.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by novaman: 12:39am On Mar 17, 2012
I mentioned Stores is coming back as Stores Supporters Football Club, the steering committee is working seriously to get the club back in top flight, it not going to be funded by the government as it is going to be mainly with the support from members and sponsorship. The initial target for the club is to raise a formidable youth team and a massive fan base of over 100,000, so if you live in Lagos and wish to be part of this great club join us on facebook, the website is on the way, at least at the moment you do not have to pay to be a member, join us to create the largest fan base in Africa.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2012
novaman: I mentioned Stores is coming back as Stores Supporters Football Club, the steering committee is working seriously to get the club back in top flight, it not going to be funded by the government as it is going to be mainly with the support from members and sponsorship. The initial target for the club is to raise a formidable youth team and a massive fan base of over 100,000, so if you live in Lagos and wish to be part of this great club join us on facebook, the website is on the way, at least at the moment you do not have to pay to be a member, join us to create the largest fan base in Africa.

Already a fan.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
NRI PRIEST: @ow11, criticising all the time and not commending for a job well done so far will not help!! Dont european based players score own-goal ? And am not sure Rising star and Sunshine are owned by same person.. Our league players are improving but they need support and good management.

You failed to read and understand the first and third paragraphs of my entry before reaching to reply isn't it? Now who is looking like the unrepentant critic??

Rising stars and Sunshine stars are owned and financed by the Ondo state government since your bumbling self failed to notice. .

By what indices did you use to declare that Nigerian players are improving? Do you have any stats? or have you watched enough games before you decided that? I say they are still very poor as evidenced in a game where all five goals where from defensive errors and not any tactical or individual brilliance OR the Akwa united V 3SC game where chances went abegging which btw is a common occurence in our league grounds if you bother to actually watch these games.

Also with improved pitches, officiating, exposure and renumeration, players have been unable to produce what Nigerian players in the 90s did. Gone are the days where our local players can leave Sharks and Heartland and sign for Ajax. What we see are mediocre transfers to Sudan, Vietnam, Malta, Greece, Poland, Bulgaria and Moldova.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2012
Week 18

ENYIMBA 1 - 1 AKWA UNITED
SUNSHINE 1 v 1 W.WOLVES
RANGERS 3-2 SHOOTING
ABS 3-0 JIGAWA G.S
DOLPHINS 1-0 KANO PILLARS
NIGER T 1-1 LOBI
KADUNA 1-0 OCEAN BOYS
GOMBE 1-0 WIKKI TOURIST
KWARA 2-0 RISING STARS
HEARTLAND 0-1 SHARKS

Enugu Rangers Pld:18 W:9 Pts:32
Enyimba Pld:18 W:9 Pts:31
Kano Pillars Pld:18 W:8 Pts:29
Gombe United Pld:18 W:8 Pts:28
ABS FC Pld:18 W:7 Pts:26
Kwara United Pld:18 W:7 Pts:26
Dolphins Pld:16 W:8 Pts:26
Warri Wolves Pld:16 W:6 Pts:25
Wikki Tourists Pld:17 W:8 Pts:25
Sharks Pld:18 W:7 Pts:24
Kaduna United Pld:18 W:8 Pts:24
Sunshine Stars Pld:16 W:6 Pts:23
Akwa United Pld:17 W:6 Pts:23
Heartland Pld:17 W:6 Pts:23
Niger Tornadoes Pld:17 W:6 Pts:22
Lobi Stars Pld:17 W:6 Pts:21
3SC Pld:18 W:5 Pts:20
Ocean Boys Pld:17 W:5 Pts:20
Jigawa Golden Stars Pld:18 W:5 Pts:18
Rising Stars Pld:18 W:3 Pts:15

1 Like

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Pozzy(m): 9:18am On Apr 02, 2012
how much is Enyimba Football club?.. cuz am interested
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2012
Pozzy: how much is Enyimba Football club?.. cuz am interested

You cannot afford Enyimba the 2 time African champion, go for the likes of Jigawa GS, Akwa united or any other "insignificant" premier league club.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 5:58am On Apr 03, 2012
Nigerian football needs cleansing-Sen. Bukola Saraki

Senator Bukola Saraki has expressed displeasure, discontent and dismay over the poor state of Nigerian football, saying it’s corrupt and stinks and also in dire need of cleansing.Saraki was speaking at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos during the final of the 2012 NNPC/Shell Cup“We need to clean up Nigerian football because it is corrupt and stinks,” Saraki, who owns the only privately run club in the Nigeria Premier League, ABS FC, said.“The NPL (board) should go and sort itself out. We can’t change the system from outside; we must do that from the inside. I am now a stakeholder and I am happy that I can contribute my quota to the development of football in Nigeria.”The Senate Committee on Sports began its hearing on the dwindling fortunes of sports in the country on Monday and Saraki said he would address the issue in the upper chamber of the House.“The game needs to be properly administered and we need to address the issues of violence and officiating. Our league matches must be entertaining. I am presenting a paper on my views about the country’s football at the senate hearing,” he added.Saraki, who also established the Kwara Football Academy, said despite the recent success of ABS and KFA, he was not fulfilled.He said, “I am not fulfilled because there is still a lot to do. We need sponsorship to sustain the level we are now. We have about four players from KFA in Europe and we also have some in the national teams.“ABS is lucky to have an academy where they recruit youngsters and this should be emulated by other clubs. I hope the government encourages more private sector involvement in football. State governments can help but not as club owners.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.