Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend (2001 Views)

Guys, Can You Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend? See Funny Reaction / Top 5 Nigerian Actors I Would Willingly Give My Virginity To (pics) / Ladies, Would You Willingly Take Your Husband To Such Place (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
Let's not assume that there aren't people who would gladly do so. The world is filled with such heroes. I stumbled upon a bookmark from the Aurora Theatre shootings of 2012:

[b]Great evil often brings out the best in good men, men like Todd Beamer on Flight 93, Medal of Honor recipient Michael Murphy in Afghanistan and now the Aurora three -- the three young men, each in different parts of theater nine, who gave their lives to protect their girlfriends.

Twenty-five-year-old Jon Blunk was sitting next to his
girlfriend, Jansen Young, at the midnight premiere of "The Dark Knight Rises" when the gunman (who shall remain nameless) opened fire in the dark theater. Blunk instinctively pushed his girlfriend to the ground and threw his body on top of hers. Blunk, a security guard, served five years in the Navy and was in the process of re-enlisting in hopes of becoming a Navy SEAL, family and friends said. He was killed in the gunfire; his girlfriend survived.

Twenty-four-year-old Alex Teves dived on top of his
girlfriend, Amanda Lindgren, when the gunfire erupted.
Covering her body, he took the bullets so they did not harm her. She survived the massacre; he did not.

Matt McQuinn, 27 years old, threw his body in front of his girlfriend, Samantha Yowler, as the shooting continued. Yowler survived with a gunshot wound to the knee;
McQuinn's body absorbed the fatal shots.

These men were three of the 12 innocent people killed early that morning. Their incredible sacrifice leaves us asking: Why? Why would a young man with his entire life ahead of him risk everything for a woman he has no legal, financial or marital obligations to?[/b]

edition.cnn.com/2012/07/25/opinion/bennett-aurora-three/

It occurred to me that these may not have been the only men who tried to protect their girlfriends but they probably didn't have their heroics recorded because of their apparent immunity to death.

And so, I ask:

1. Could you willfully, literally put your life on the line for a girlfriend, fiancee even?

2. Why, or why not would you pick the option you did?

To set the ball rolling, I would do no such thing no matter how much I loved or claimed to love her and her me. I would be forever haunted in my grave at the prospect of her moving on in my absence after a brief mourning period, not to mention the extremely high possibility that she wouldn't lay hers on the line for me if given the option.
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Yustash001(m): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
When am not mad.....I no be Bruno Mars...
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by XavierBlue(m): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
Even in my wildest dream, i woundnt.

XavierBlue
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
Yes!

It can happen (but not me)

Love is blind they say
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
If someone truly loves someone to the extent that he/she can't imagine living a life without the other person and the love he/she has for this other person is genuine and strong, I believe such a person can willingly die for the other.

As for me, if I am able to experience such kind of love, I believe I can give my life for someone else.
But I don't think I can experience such kind of love in this time and age.
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by rawtouch: 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
No I will not even if its unwillingly.... I will weave the bullet emi matrix
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
misssclassy:

And why is that? What's wrong with love in this time and age?
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
HeartRobber:
Yes!
It can happen (but not me)

Love is blind they say
Why can't it happen with you?
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by agarawu23(m): 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
bullet abi wetin u call am undecided

I can't take injection
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by prettybella(f): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
of cos I can

in my next life grin
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

Why can't it happen with you?

Because my love is not blind
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

And why is that? What's wrong with love in this time and age?

I can't completely sell my heart to any guy because these days you don't many committed guys, and when I say "committed" I mean guys that can stay with one lady and be committed to her and her alone.

A guy that wouldn't betray the love he shares with his girl for another.
A guy who would cherish the relationship he has, make a decision not to defy it and abide by that decision.

Those kind of guys are rare these days.
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
prettybella:
of cos I can

in my next life grin

Your boyfriend must hear this
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
I resemble james bond for your eye Are you a leaner .. Truth b told it can never happen In naija .. Unless if its ur wife or mother of ur children .. Bt if it gf .. I mean Girlfriend .. Ogbeni change idea e .. Kojo .. I would b d 1st 2 call d guy MUMU.
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
misssclassy:

I can completely sell my heart to any guy because these days you don't many committed guys, and when I say "committed" I mean guys that can stay with one lady and be committed to her and her alone.

A guy who would cherish the relationship he has, make a decision not to defy it and abide by that decision.

Hmm, fair enough.
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Harmthe(m): 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
y not, i can even take bullet + power horse+ london best just 4 her.
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by dharay99: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
take a bullet for my gf.?
Yesssssss,

As long as its rubber bullet. angry
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
More great men please thank you. kiss kiss
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by ggrin(f): 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
we dy maddingundecided
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Jayjay0(m): 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
No.
That's total madness... Girlfriend not even wife
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
It all depends on the woman really

Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by SIRANDREWS: 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2015
an unbelievable question coming from Timbuktou. bullet ko grenade ni
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by 190theclown: 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
See yeye question

cc: chelseabmw

see why this forum tire me angry
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by chelseabmw(m): 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
190theclown:
See yeye question

cc: chelseabmw

see why this forum tire me angry

Lol
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by jonaifame22(m): 9:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
Jesus already died for her,i don't need to anymore,
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by bammy777(m): 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
misssclassy:
If someone truly loves someone to the extent that he/she can't imagine living a life without the other person and the love he/she has for this other person is genuine and strong, I believe such a person can willingly die for the other.

As for me, if I am able to experience such kind of love, I believe I can give my life for someone else.
. IF i am God , any guy dat can do dat for a Girl. Complusory must be sent to Hell fire.
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by faith551(m): 9:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
No I will shoot the person that shot the bullet.
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by tuffgongjo(m): 9:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
I can't,I won't $it can't happen in this life or the next. Timboktou one question for you,Are those gals still on Celibates?
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by tuffgongjo(m): 9:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
dharay99:
take a bullet for my gf.?
Yesssssss,

As long as its rubber bullet. angry
Or energy drink.
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
Yea, here i am now
misssclassy:

I can't completely sell my heart to any guy because these days you don't many committed guys, and when I say "committed" I mean guys that can stay with one lady and be committed to her and her alone.

Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by zenith4biz(m): 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
No
Re: Would You Willingly Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend by snakebeat: 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
chelseabmw:

Bros eeeeee, you still dey reach here, I don tire for this forum abeg .... Na so so ujoelen Boiz con full nairaland lol
Lol....
Some ukpenu boys dey d settins o....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Things Your Partner Loves To Hear From You / 10 More Types Of People On Nairaland / When You Are @ A Party With Your Crush And He Tweets No Pretty Chics Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.