Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians (29308 Views)

FG To Replace N5,000 Monthly Stipend For Unemployed Youths —ngige / FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide / Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by greggles: 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
Bevista:
Great opinion, but I think you are comparing apples with oranges. The Conditional Cash Transfer Program (CCTP) is not an equivalent of Unemployment Claims, but rather an equivalent of Food Stamps Program, which pays about $125 monthly to over 45million Americans. In 2014, the US govt spent about $74billion on this program alone. There has to be some merits to it. The target of such programs is not necessarily the unemployed, but rather the poorest and most vulnerable in the society.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your alternatives, but it can run concurrently with the CCTP - It must not be either or. Keynesian economics gave birth to Fiscal expansion by governments, because he believed that "in the long run we are all dead". What's the essence of having great plans for the future when people are dying today. There has to be balance in planning.

Yeah, very powerful argument there, I believe our government can concurrently run both, we have the means to fund both, especially if we plug the leaks in NNPC, NPA, FIRS etc which costs an estimated $60 to $100 billion dollars annually from our economy.

I replied your FTC article today, I'm glad we're both on the same page on this issue, at least we can run both, we have the money and both will bring economic expansion to our country
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by wakes: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
greggles:

That's because only 1,500 were to benefit annually, the scope was limited. However, this is quite different, it benefits up to 100,000 and its not a grant but non-interest loans, it comes with better security and qualification process, not when someone else is writing a business plan for beneficiaries who know nothing about business.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by chimadele: 9:52am On Jul 04, 2015
hello,its hot and dry,invest in my trucking business and get a mouth watering return.
invest 500k and get 50k return per week
invest 300k and get 30k return per week

call me 09098416828

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Primary: Tambuwal Claims Other Aspirants Have Ganged Up Against / Katsina Residents Ask Nigerians To Forgive Buhari. Welcome Him In Style / Heavy Security As Aregbesola & Osinbajo Appear Before Tribunal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.