Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. (5427 Views)

My Mother-In-Law Calls Me By My Wife's Ex Boyfriend's Name / A Lady's Shocking Prayers For Her Ex Sister-In-Law Who Just Got Married / Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Her Ex On Their Matrimonial Bed In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by awhydot: 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
Good day all. I have a friend in his early thirties who got married about a year ago, but his wife still mistakenly calls him d name of her ex boyfriend when they are discussing. She will always apologise and say it was a mistake. Saying she truly loves my friend and that the whole of her heart is with him. Dt all she has for her ex is hate and disgust. He is quite distressed and needs an advice. Pls, what advice can I give him?
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
Wahala, oti poju here!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by awhydot: 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
How do u mean?
LadyFiona:
Wahala, oti poju here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by pretydiva(f): 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
She's stil in luv wit her ex. Take it or leave it

8 Likes

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
awhydot:
How do u mean?
How about during xex, is the name calling still Mike instead of Pete?
Freudian slip shouldn't be happening often like that Na!!!

Goldfinger told James Bond that once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, the third time is enemy action.

2 Likes

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by tinuolababy(f): 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tight corner. She's missing something about her ex that your friend is not giving her. Tell him to try and find out what it is grin grin

4 Likes

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by cococandy(f): 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
It's simple memory malfunction.

"Proactive interference".
Where old information sometimes get in the way of new information in the brain.
Note that it doesn't happen to everyone. But it is fairly common.

She must have dated the other guy for a while and has become conditioned to saying 'mike' whenever she wants to address her man.
So this new man 'Jim' can be addressed as mike unknowingly.

It will take time for the new 'Jim' habit to be formed and the next man 'Andy' can expect to be occasionally called Jim until his name becomes the habit too.

If I had known this before, i'd have spared myself some unnecessary fights with an ex who used to call me his ex-girlfriend's name.

12 Likes

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by taryour(f): 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
cococandy:

She must have dated the other guy for a while and has become conditioned to saying 'mike' whenever she wants to address her man.

It will take time for the new 'Jim' habit to be formed and the next man 'Andy' can expect to be occasionally called Jim until his name becomes the habit too.

If I had known this before, i'd have spared myself some unnecessary fights with an ex who used to call me his ex-girlfriend's name.

I beg to disagree with you sis. True its very possible but in this case I feel she still wants something with her ex. One year after marriage is long enough to forget he or she ever exists in his or her life and besides she must have courted her hubby for a while which is also long enough period to erase memories. Its not like they got married a week after they meet. * I could still be wrong though *

9 Likes

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by bukatyne(f): 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
cococandy:

Possible especially if she dated the ex for long.

4 Likes

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by cococandy(f): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
taryour:

I beg to disagree with you sis. True its very possible but in this case I feel she still wants something with her ex. One year after marriage is long enough to forget he or she ever exists in his or her life and besides she must have courted her hubby for a while which is also long enough period to erase memories. Its not like they got married a week after they meet. * I could still be wrong though *
There's really no set time for anyone.
For Some it could be weeks while others it could take a few years to totally have that unconscious memory out of their brains.

If you found yourself mistakenly writing your maiden lastname on a form where you're requested to fill in your lastname after 3yrs of marriage, you would see that there's no time frame to it.

Even after having not used my old email for close to a year, I still mistakenly write it where I'm supposed to write my new email especially if my mind was elsewhere.

I feel like OP should know what the possible cause for that is. Rather than worry himself to death where there is nothing to worry about.
It would be easier for them to handle it knowing what may be causing it than fight and create the exact problem he's trying to avoid.

2 Likes

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by funlord(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
awhydot:
Good day all. I have a friend in his early thirties who got married about a year ago, but his wife still mistakenly calls him d name of her ex boyfriend when they are discussing. She will always apologise and say it was a mistake. Saying she truly loves my friend and that the whole of her heart is with him. Dt all she has for her ex is hate and disgust. He is quite distressed and needs an advice. Pls, what advice can I give him?
grin
awhydot:

Tell him 2 try "a swift full _fingered backhand slap 2 the lower jaw region of her face" the next time this particular anomaly occurs! It has been scientifically proven 2 "assist with the brain reset process required when dealing with "delinquent day dreaming women" like your unfortunate friends model! Good day!

4 Likes

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by nnwniger: 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
OBVIOUSLY, SHE'S STILL THINKING OF HIM WITH LOTS OF FEELINGS. THAT PUSSSY STILL BELONG TO THE LOVER. HIS FOR ASKING, PERIOD.
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Ama80(f): 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
Shey na every evry pple dey carry com Nairaland.very soon we go start dey treat mental cases.ur friend wife dey cal ur friend her ex's name.wetin concern you abi na you be d ex".aproko.aftr one year Una no see fault for d girl body na to make mountain out of a molehill.in fact tell ur friend to send d girl bak to d ex chikena.
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by rawtouch: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

She is playing away match period
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Anapuao(f): 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
She is just with your friend in the flesh but her mind and emotions is still hooked to the ex. You can't be mentioning the name of someone you "hate" and "disgust you" while having a conversation with someone you love na

3 Likes

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by awhydot: 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Funny enough, my friend said he told her to her face that a deep part of her isn't with him, and she replied "yes". And started saying she will fix it with time.
The poor guy is actually unhappy knowing dt he doesn't have the totality of his wife's heart.

1 Like

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by cococandy(f): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
awhydot:
Funny enough, my friend said he told her to her face that a deep part of her isn't with him, and she replied "yes". And started saying she will fix it with time.
The poor guy is actually unhappy knowing dt he doesn't have the totality of his wife's heart.

If she says that, why did she marry him?
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Gloriagee(f): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
Wow, what an insensitive woman! So, what is she waiting for to fix it?

How on earth does she expect her hussy to be emotionally invested in the marriage? U never know a good thing, till its gone...

awhydot:

1 Like

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by bukatyne(f): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
awhydot:

Interesting

Medicine after death
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Brugo(m): 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
Why did he overlook this during courtship? I can't take this sh*t at all. She needs to adjust or else...
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by dinachi(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
Divorce her immediately! She is an adulteres in waiting. Any day she jams the ex it is gonna go down that day. The guy will end up training kids that aren't his! These hoes ain't loyal grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by KanwuliaJara: 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
Sometimes you need to fantasize about an ex to get your "juices" flowing o!
I do all the time!
It keeps you fully CHARGED! cool
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
Her mind is not with him
She probably married him out of pity or other reasons. Maybe the ex didnt want her and so she settled for second best.

The irony is that eventually when she does settle down, face reality and begin to focus on the marriage, the hubby would be one leg in and one leg out at that point after years of playing second fiddle.

4 Likes

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
dinachi:
Divorce her immediately! She is an adulteres in waiting. Any day she jams the ex it is gonna go down that day. The guy will end up training kids that aren't his! These hoes ain't loyal grin grin grin

hehehehehe,bad boy tongue

1 Like

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by kaboninc(m): 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
I do all the time!

Chaiii!

This lady sef...

1 Like

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by MrRainBigxtorm(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
awhydot:

What advice can we give you Huh

Owkay, tell your friend to maintain and always shower her with love, let em both find a good sweet and lovely names to be calling each other... she will forget her ex and his name in a matter of time...

#Support RapLawd
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
I do all the time!

You! fantasize about an ex , you always make it seem as though no man is worth your thoughts. Your feminine side is finally showing small small

1 Like

Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
Gloriagee:
Wow, what an insensitive woman! So, what is she waiting for to fix it?

How on earth does she expect her hussy to be emotionally invested in the marriage? U never know a good thing, till its gone...

That's a smart brain there , 1000 likes
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by KanwuliaJara: 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You! fantasize about an ex , you always make it seem as though no man is worth your thoughts. Your feminine side is finally showing small small

What gives you this impression? undecided
I nor go PHOCK again? grin
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by taryour(f): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
cococandy:

There's really no set time for anyone.
For Some it could be weeks while others it could take a few years to totally have that unconscious memory out of their brains.

If you found yourself mistakenly writing your maiden lastname on a form where you're requested to fill in your lastname after 3yrs of marriage, you would see that there's no time frame to it.

Even after having not used my old email for close to a year, I still mistakenly write it where I'm supposed to write my new email especially if my mind was elsewhere.

I feel like OP should know what the possible cause for that is. Rather than worry himself to death where there is nothing to worry about.
It would be easier for them to handle it knowing what may be causing it than fight and create the exact problem he's trying to avoid.

Hmmm true. And people vary as well, some will recover soon and some wunt.
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Ewuro4: 12:38am On Jun 17, 2015
tearoses:
Her mind is not with him
She probably married him out of pity or other reasons. Maybe the ex didnt want her and so she settled for second best.

The irony is that eventually when she does settle down, face reality and begin to focus on the marriage, the hubby would be one leg in and one leg out at that point after years of playing second fiddle.
Co- signed.

awhydot:

Even after 12months ( plus courting months)?

Mba. Anybody will be distressed no doubt. I cannot even phantom it happening to anyone around me without questioning their fidelity. She's definately not over him(ex) yet . I hope she's not moaning his name during love making. Poor you. Advice? Talk to her , hopefully she'll change & fast before she blows IT.

Do unto others...
Re: A Wife Mistakenly Calls Husband Her Ex Boyfriend's Name. Pls Advice. by Moana(f): 7:30am On Jun 17, 2015
tinuolababy:
Tight corner. She's missing something about her ex that your friend is not giving her. Tell him to try and find out what it is grin grin
best advice

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biotin-Solution For Balding Hair And Healthy Nails / Baby Born With Big B**bs Sparks Reaction On Social Media! (pictures) / Brief Summary Of The Process And Cost Of Getting Divorced In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.