Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance (55322 Views)

Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview / Dino Melaye Reacts To The N8.64bn NASS Wardrobe Allowance / Nigerians React To N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance For NASS Members (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by eph12(m): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
doctokwus:
Was anybody expecting anything positive from Saraki?I laff!
This is a man that ruled kwara state for 8years and all that can be accredited to him is an agricultural scam where he claimed to have got south Africans to start large scale farming in kwara that has ended up leading to nothing; and a bogus kwara football academy that has not even produced a single footballer for our U-17 side.
Saraki is all about power,the way he gets it doesn't matter and whatever he does with it definitely doesn't include citizen welfare or what is best for the Nigerian state.
The man shouldnt have been allowed to sit on that senate throne.
i don't see Lawan or others publicly rejecting this allowance since it became public. Even Ben Bruce

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by leofab(f): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
y
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by omolami: 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
Haba Saraki if you divide 8.640bn by 469 NASS members what you will get is 18,422,175m for each person. Not minding that the leadership get more than members. Where on earth did you get 506.600m from. Nigerians cannot be deceived. I hope the Chairman equally told you that it's 5 years ago that workers salary was last increased and by d constitution it must be reviewed upward this year. That's is a must ,whether NASS finish d money or not..

3 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by ladodo: 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
Do u all see why asiwaju bola tinubu chosed a person dat can agree wit d cut in d pay of d senator and speaker, saraki and dogara will not agree 2 d pay cut becos they av placed themselves at d mercy of d pdp's member, just 2 make d change impossible, God help us.

3 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by oismail(m): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
People sha!!!!
I know u ain't ignorant of the fact that they spent a lot before getting there.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by ceejay80s(m): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:
Nice. 500k is really fair.
500k fair?
That money go buy 714 TM shirts, u fit wear 714 shirt finish in 4yrs ?

3 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by ceejay80s(m): 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
ladodo:
Do u all see why asiwaju bola tinubu chosed a person dat can agree wit d cut in d pay of d senator and speaker, saraki and dogara will not agree 2 d pay cut becos they av placed themselves at d mercy of d pdp's member, just 2 make d change impossible, God help us.
Dem too go receive letter bomb like dele giwa
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by 989900: 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
I work harder than 90% of Nigeria's senators, make more critical decisions than they do, with serious consequences when I make the wrong decisions.
While I call my shots, I know some other people in Nigeria, who work harder than I do, make more critical decisions than I, or any senator anywhere else in the world does, risk their lives, yet don't get all this 'ungodly' allowances and remunerations.

And, what makes this more traumatic is, this same set of people claim they are serving the people, and deserve praise, worship, reverence, while milking them dry, even in this time of lean means.

8 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Plshavmercyamen: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
Saraki should be mindful of what he says so as not to get both the seen and unseen venom of the masses of the federal Republic of Nigeria. #OccupyNASS #EffectChange

2 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Realissues: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
Na waoh
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by nunzk: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
I agree........is that for 1yr abi for the 4yrs upfront? If its 4 four years that's not bad. B4 d west will say or mational aSsemby looks like a house of beggers and less priviledged people.
obailala:
Good.. but he should clarify all other allowances

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2527326_1_png4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by dayo23(f): 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
We told them about Saraki but they refuse grin , una never see anything yet
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Dollyak(f): 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
AskProf:

Really?
I meant compared to the alleged 8 billion.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Dollyak(f): 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
ceejay80s:

500k fair?
That money go buy 714 TM shirts, u fit wear 714 shirt finish in 4yrs ?
lol. But it's a lot better than 8 billion?
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Osakah24(m): 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Hokay Mr Senate President.....now how's about finding ways to cut that money by half?

You Senators and Reps should realize that we don't have the money anymore.

So...what about it? And why not even scrap the whole allowance thing...and return the cash to the Treasury.
No vex oo,but that money should be totally removed and not cut by half,I don't know where you work but where I work has nothing like wardrobe allowance, and you also forgot these same guys have hardship allowance, is it not there actions that cause all the hardship?.

3 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by okoloto: 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
MAKE UNA REMEMBER SAY THESE GUYS SPENT MILLIONS TO WIN ELECTION...E NO EASYOOOOO
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Akinz0126(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
Too little,too late.Senetors abi waitin em dey call una@ the face of dwindling economy and were an average primary school teacher can not be boastful of 50k per month as a steel pen of the service wrendered and to even showcase the rate@ which you do not care even if 80 percent of the massea are living below the poverty line,Ha!law makers you are a disgrace and disapointment to the lyks of you all over the globe.This tym we the masses refuse to be cajole,we refused tobe exploited and oppress.Nvr again shall Nigerians go back to exiles.Marching forward to Nass

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by dayo23(f): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
oismail:
People sha!!!!
I know u ain't ignorant of the fact that they spent a lot before getting there.
are u drunk?
Dollyak:

lol. But it's a lot better than 8 billion?
sister it equate to same thing, 500k per senator per month, calculate urself. This is a big rip off
MKO4ever:
N506,000/month * 12 months ====N6,079,200/year
N6,079,200/year * 4 years====N24,316,800/per senator
Therefore each senator is collecting it's wardrobe allowance of N24,316,800 as upfront payment
Make thunder fire all of them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by datribune: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
Saraki ole, o tun pa iro. Like father like son. d sufferings of d numerous victims of ur Societe General scam shall surely haunt u.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by sureboss: 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Nigerians should rise up against the NASS in view of this extravagance. This is insensitive and unacceptable.

4 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:
Nice. 500k is really fair.

Every month, for 4 years?

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
Don't mind the man called Saraki.
doctokwus:

He was trying to be clever by half to fool dimwits like himself by conveniently avoiding the amt he mentioned(N506k) is per month.In 4 years that equates to theN20m + they would receive as a lump sum.
Yet this is the person that sits as Nigeria's number 3 citizen! He feels everyother nigerian is a dimwit,thus he can play with words,meetings and figures,just because he outsmarted his father,sister and recently senators that played into his hands.
His cup will soon get willed,am sure of it.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by stelaar(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
That figure is yearly
25% of Basic salary
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by boyesola: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
mployer:

Waiting for them that has something to say..
meaning?
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by HzRF(m): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
modath:
The legislathieves that aided his coup didn't do to have him take the sides of Nigerians, so Saraki's position is no surprise...

And he should quit that lie about RMAFC fixing salaries & allowances,he might not be the one to shoulder all the blame but their pay wasn't that obscene till David Mark & his cohorts arm twisted the commission into subtly increasing their budget from 50bn to 150bn without Nigerians catching on till it was too late!!.

They were able to get away with it because Yar' Adua's incapacitation didn't allow much scrutiny & the outgone hero is little more than a lame duck...

Unfortunately for them,all nigerians (their greatest nightmare) irrespective of affiliation are UNITED in this particular cause so they had better cut it fast!! sad
Sit down there and expect dem to cut the shhiit
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by dsquare33: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
I guess the wardrobe allowance includes boxers, singlets for the males, pants and bras for the females.Shameless people i am sure if they have opportunity they would use another terminology to rob Nigerians blind.Between Saraki and David Mark i can't tell who is more crafty,corrupt,and wicked amongst the senators.This is outright stealing.We the masses need to fight for what is ours through revolution or through soverign national conference or else Nigeria don enter another one chance for the next four years.

2 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Tomjazzy2: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:

If it's actually 500k then I think it's not that bad.
Your monicker reminds me so much of Farouk Lawan

2 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by 989900: 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
okoloto:
MAKE UNA REMEMBER SAY THESE GUYS SPENT MILLIONS TO WIN ELECTION...E NO EASYOOOOO

1. This is where and when they start to learn not to spend above their means in getting elected/re-elected.

2. This is where and when the electorates that sell their votes conscience to these pickpockets learn their lessons too.

3. Some people spent more than they did, but lost. Would they turn armed robbers?

2 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
LMAyedun:
What is he trying to say? Is this N506, 600 monthly or yearly?

Mr SP. It is called remuneration and not renumeration
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by gbobgboogu: 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
ladodo:
. U are very much right.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by repogirl(f): 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
In other words it is chicken change abi? Brainless id'iot, 80% Nigerian citizens live on less than 200 naira a day and you are looking for wardrobe allowance of 500k. All these fake allowances should be scrapped jare, if them like make dem no wear cloth.... wardrobe allowance indeed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.