Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance (55323 Views)

Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview / Dino Melaye Reacts To The N8.64bn NASS Wardrobe Allowance / Nigerians React To N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance For NASS Members (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Ajalekoko76(m): 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
Scam and Deceit.
Now poor Nigerians av to clothes our 'Change and Transformation Senators'
We Nigerians av to clothes our servants Senators.... Is this not scam and deceit?
Untill we begin to stone them and occupy the NASS as suggested by radicals.

Nothing will change as far as our leaders are not ready to make sacrifice for the poor Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Reference(m): 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
Wow. Work has not given me time to breathe. Just hearing something about million dollar wardrobe allowances and I wonder whether they want to buy clothes, boutiques, labels or entire fashion lines. Is Prada cashing in....

Equally funny are folks shouting their heads off as if they didn't elect them, I don't know who is more stupid. I should wring your ears and scream into your blockheads that change of government cannot change Nigeria. Any opportunity to chop will certainly enjoy bi-partisan support. Where are all those anti-corruption gongs in the House, let then pile the money in Eagle Square and set it alight, then I will know they mean business. Mumu Nigerians, reprobate politicians. Wait for them to repair Nigeria na.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by AskProf: 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:

I meant compared to the alleged 8 billion.

The 8.64 billion was never for just one but for all 469 members... Do the maths... & do you remember what minimum wage is? Are you aware the have about 6 other allowances which makes a Senator take home about 30 million monthly?
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by bisi16(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
Blackfire:
Agreed 500k for wardrope, multiply it by 100 sinators the result could solve unemploymet and assist upcoming business mind in oyo state, or abia state or kaduna state.
And this is just month
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:
Nice. 500k is really fair.
eyaaa u really dont understand him. sad
Now mutiply the 500k by 12 (months in a year) cry

2 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:
huh?? Are u & i supposed to be clothing those savages

3 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Dollyak(f): 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
AskProf:

The 8.64 billion was never for just one but for all 469 members... Do the maths... & do you remember what minimum wage is? Are you aware the have about 6 other allowances which makes a Senator take home about 30 million monthly?
Now we are talking. If the allowance is that much, then it needs to be reduced by 85% at least.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Dollyak(f): 4:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
shockwave91:

huh?? Are u & i supposed to be clothing those savages
I know what you mean. I have changed my mind, not that it matters tho.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by kenoz(m): 4:09pm On Jun 17, 2015
undecided
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by enthusiastica: 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
barcanista:
The Senate President isn't honest here. Did the Chairman also tell you that each Senator is to pocket N20.5million next week?
Barcanista weldone i like ur drift on ds issue but come o abeg help clear me on ds im kinda lost- abeg ds clothes allowance na for the whole four years wey dem want stay for NASS abi na for one year? i want knw so that as a civil servant govt suppose pay me for the whole 35 yrs wey i go work for am or give me per annum if na yearly

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:
I know what you mean. I have changed my mind, not that it matters tho.
oh no......it does matter. Believe me
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by bueze046(m): 4:14pm On Jun 17, 2015
It is still much..... cause teachers buy clothes from their salary as well as other civil servants.... so we go #OCCUPYNASS.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Blackfire(m): 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
bisi16:

And this is just month

... Yet ordinary workers are been owed(18k) months of unpayed salaries, what kind of animal farm is this?
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by 9jatatafo(m): 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
We clamoured for CHANGE and here we are changing our senators' wardrobe. What a change!!!
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by kutchs: 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
I keep wondering what these thieves at the NASS do other than shout 'aye' and 'nay'. Were they actually naked before getting to the National Assembly? Why spend so much on clothes and shoes when millions of Nigerian workers haven't been paid in months?
Other strata of workers who even do more work than them have to foot every bill from their meagre salaries, they pay light bill even when there's no light from their salary, pay for transport, buy food at exorbitant prices infact virtually everything from their salaries so meagre that it ain't even up to one millionth of what these thieves collect. Does Saraki know that there are millions of Nigerian workers with families whose annual salaries aren't up to #560,000 yet he's collecting that much for cloths alone. What a shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by blackfase(m): 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
He didnt say if it was per mOnth or annum. Dollyak isnt fallin for that poo is she? Believ those rogues, u'l bliv anything.....

Dollyak:
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by wiloy2k8(m): 4:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
[quote author=Vikkie14 post=34862219]This is an open RAPE. Abeg, these people need to show us PICTURES that they were trully N.AKED and UNCLAD during their Campaigns so we can approve this "CLOTHES allowance".

I HAVE SEEN THE CHANGE, PLEASE CAN I GET MY BALANCE back

funny but true
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Realist2: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
wordcat:

When are we #OccupyinyNass?

i will mobilise 100 people

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Donlayan74: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
Tinubu was right.He's surely not the man for the job

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Jay2014: 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sarakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

You don start, Abi

ok we dey watch you oooooooooooooo.506K

2 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Etruth: 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
Our former President was shoeless; our current lawmakers are clothless, otherwise why would they budget billions for clothes.DaylightRobbery

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by abtmaviz(m): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
Vikkie14:
This is an open RAPE. Abeg, these people need to show us PICTURES that they were trully N.AKED and UNCLAD during their Campaigns so we can approve this "CLOTHES allowance".

I HAVE SEEN THE CHANGE, PLEASE CAN I GET MY BALANCE back

Nigerians should [url]#OccupyNASS[/url] because we must [url]#StopTheMess.[/url]

Lobatan
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by dustmalik: 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
Even as ardent APC supporter, i never liked Saraki for one second.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by DatsAll1mSayin(m): 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
oismail:
People sha!!!!
I know u ain't ignorant of the fact that they spent a lot before getting there.

If i slap you en your destiny will reset!!!
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by asha01: 4:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
obailala:
Good.. but he should clarify all other allowances

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2527326_1_png4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249

what is good about this?
these guys know that majority of Nigerians are gullible.
this why they like giving us this kind of response.
why cant he explain for period this figure represent either per/year or per/month.
this is unacceptable to Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by slimfit1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
Even if it is ten kobo we don't care .
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
989900:
I work harder than 90% of Nigeria's senators, make more critical decisions than they do, with serious consequences when I make the wrong decisions.
While I call my shots, I know some other people in Nigeria, who work harder than I do, make more critical decisions than I, or any senator anywhere else in the world does, risk their lives, yet don't get all this 'ungodly' allowances and remunerations.

And, what makes this more traumatic is, this same set of people claim they are serving the people, and deserve praise, worship, reverence, while milking them dry, even in this time of lean means.
It's absolutely a disgrace! How can any right-thinking individual collect $2,597/month as "wardrobe allowance" to be paid by tax payers?
In the US, the outrage it would cause would force members of Congress to petition the service commission to drastically reduce the allowance.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by abu12: 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
[size=14pt]despite the huge amount they collect for wardrobe allowance, they still take their cloth for laundry [/size]
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by jimmy101231(m): 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
Is this 8.64 bn for each person or all of them somebody tell me please
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by wynaskawai: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
You dey gimme change, i say i no buy come again...your fada
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by tsdarkside(m): 4:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
MKO4ever:
N506,000/month * 12 months ====N6,079,200/year

N6,079,200/year * 4 years====N24,316,800/per senator

Therefore each senator is collecting it's wardrobe allowance of N24,316,800 as upfront payment

Make thunder fire all of them

and their salarys nko??...what madness and foolishness is this...?our leaders are very foolissh...they still dont realise that the black-race as awoking...
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by mbulela: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
kuuljay:
if nigerians had known they would never vote a lawmaker who cannot afford to cloth himself, and the devil incarnate called david mark that arm twisted RMFC to defraud us for over 15years is mute on this
Why can't what Saraki twisted RMFC to do be undone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.