Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance (55320 Views)

Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview / Dino Melaye Reacts To The N8.64bn NASS Wardrobe Allowance / Nigerians React To N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance For NASS Members (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
Lol they're just testing the waters, if they don't get their money this time, they'll try another time...you think sey na beans to contest and win election for Naija?

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by jatthobber(m): 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:
Nice. 500k is really fair.
my dear, there's nothing fair in it. Public officers should know that holding public offices is a call 2 service not comfort. I call that insensitivity to the present socio-economic disorder

2 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Image123(m): 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
doctokwus:

He was trying to be clever by half to fool dimwits like himself by conveniently avoiding the amt he mentioned(N506k) is per month.In 4 years that equates to theN20m + they would receive as a lump sum.
Yet this is the person that sits as Nigeria's number 3 citizen! He feels everyother nigerian is a dimwit,thus he can play with words,meetings and figures,just because he outsmarted his father,sister and recently senators that played into his hands.
His cup will soon get willed,am sure of it.
Saraki wants to scam Nigeria. Is this how he'll be giving one scam per week? 506,600X 12monthsX 4years is still around 25million. Half truth liar spotted. He even gave full meaning of RMFC but is abbreviating senator and withholding frequency.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by 989900: 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
There are still some more annoying allowances like that to go . . .

The one that annoys me the most is: "hardship allowance". . . and that cumulatively runs into billions too. OMG!!!

I mean if you get hardship allowance, news paper allowance, travel, wardrobe and e.t.c. then what is your salary for?

And we have workers in places like Lagos who get to wake up as early as 4 AM, sweat thru Lagos traffic for 3 hours to get to their workplaces, and 3-5 hours back . . . gets home around 10-11 PM -- repeat.

They don't even get to see their kids, nor have time for their spouses. What kinda 'hardship allowance' do they get?
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by asha01: 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
AskProf:

The 8.64 billion was never for just one but for all 469 members... Do the maths... & do you remember what minimum wage is? Are you aware the have about 6 other allowances which makes a Senator take home about 30 million monthly?

wao!
this is more than corruption. I lack the word to describe this act.
anyway I never expected any change of some sort but change of one government to another.
mark my word it is going to be more than business as usual
it is going to be worst than GEJ's government.
N30m/month/senator. meanwhile other Nigerians cant afford 1 meal/day
Nigeria I hale thee.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Mosaku147: 4:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
SP Saraki should save his breath for Friday when we see him face to face,then he can explain better.this is the beginning of the citizens common sense revolution. Oloshi oloriburuku.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by princeattah1: 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
modath:
Saraki's position is no surprise..., his ambition doesn't involve putting nigerians 1st

And he should quit that lie about RMAFC fixing salaries & allowances,he might not be the one to blame but their pay wasn't that obscene till David Mark & his cohorts arm twisted the commission into[b]quietly[/b] increasing their budget from 50bn to 150bn with Nigerians not catching on till it was too late!!.

They were able to get away with it because Yar' Adua's incapacitation didn't allow much scrutiny & the outgone hero is/was little more than a lame duck...

Unfortunately for them,all nigerians (their greatest nightmare) irrespective of affiliation are UNITED in this particular cause.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by DanielPop(m): 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
At 80k month, A senators wardrobe allowance can comfortably put 6 Nigerians to work somewhere they can contribute meaningfully to development and cater for their families.

But wetin concern me. I did not vote chanji so no hard feelings.

If you voted change, there you have it. Salary of 6 Nigerians paid to a senator as wardrobe allowance ONLY O! We have not added the other allowances!
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by watchindelta(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
another 365days of pain. dis ppl call Nigerians dey suffer cha oh! no b small....
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
doctokwus:

He was trying to be clever by half to fool dimwits like himself by conveniently avoiding the amt he mentioned(N506k) is per month.In 4 years that equates to theN20m + they would receive as a lump sum.
Yet this is the person that sits as Nigeria's number 3 citizen! He feels everyother nigerian is a dimwit,thus he can play with words,meetings and figures,just because he outsmarted his father,sister and recently senators that played into his hands.
His cup will soon get willed,am sure of it.

Bro, 506+k monthly for four years is very much close to 25milion! We are in serious trouble. We need to occupy nass.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
That allowance on almost everything should be scrabd.... Let them use their salary na.. Wich kan leaders we get.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
I don't really understand why they should be given wardrobe allowance at all when they are being paid. Beside, they receive too much salary unlike other government workers who end so low.

Me don tire for these people ooo
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
That allowance on almost everything should be scrabd from the constitution or where ever be the ground upon which its thrived from.... Let them use their salary na.. Wich kan leaders we get.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by murphy02(m): 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2015
Saraki is not for change....Saraki is PDP...PDP is saraka...
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by soulhighman(m): 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
modath:
Saraki's position is no surprise..., his ambition doesn't involve putting nigerians 1st

And he should quit that lie about RMAFC fixing salaries & allowances,he might not be the one to blame but their pay wasn't that obscene till David Mark & his cohorts arm twisted the commission into[b]quietly[/b] increasing their budget from 50bn to 150bn with Nigerians not catching on till it was too late!!.

They were able to get away with it because Yar' Adua's incapacitation didn't allow much scrutiny & the outgone hero is/was little more than a lame duck...

Unfortunately for them,all nigerians (their greatest nightmare) irrespective of affiliation are UNITED in this particular cause.
You are right and we the masses should also be united against them. Nothing like PDP/APC.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by idu1(m): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
Kashamu and other senators has a lot of cloth....
Wetin them want take wardrobe allawance do again
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by kuuljay(m): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
mbulela:

Why can't what Saraki twisted RMFC to do be undone?
I don't understand you
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by mbulela: 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
989900:
There are still some more annoying allowances like that to go . . .

The one that annoys me the most is: "hardship allowance". . . and that cumulatively runs into billions too. OMG!!!

I mean if you get hardship allowance, news paper allowance, travel, wardrobe and e.t.c. then what is your salary for?

And we have workers in places like Lagos who get to wake up as early as 4 AM, sweat thru Lagos traffic for 3 hours to get to their workplaces, and 3-5 hours back . . . gets home around 10-11 PM -- repeat.

They don't even get to see their kids, nor have time for their spouses. What kinda 'hardship allowance' do they get?
The hardship allowance is for Abuja runs girls. Na their the allowance dey die.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by mbulela: 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
kuuljay:
I don't understand you
Apologies
I meant undoing what David Mark twisted RFMC's hands to do.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by mbulela: 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
asha01:

wao!
this is more than corruption. I lack the word to describe this act.
anyway I never expected any change of some sort but change of one government to another.
mark my word it is going to be more than business as usual
it is going to be worst than GEJ's government.
N30m/month/senator. meanwhile other Nigerians cant afford 1 meal/day
Nigeria I hale thee.
Then we vote them out in 2019.
That is the only power we have.
The other option is to burn down the country.
It is looking more likely each passing day.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
bloody polithievians!

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by wordcat(m): 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
Realist2:

i will mobilise 100 people

I'm in already

2 Likes

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by doctokwus: 5:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
kpez:

Bro, 506+k monthly for four years is very much close to 25milion! We are in serious trouble. We need to occupy nass.
That is d proper way to go, less we would return back to zero and the change meaningless.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by ruffDiamond: 6:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sinnate indeed bloody snitch JUDAS relative
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by teabully(m): 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
modath:

On spot
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by bisi16(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
Blackfire:

... Yet ordinary workers are been owed(18k) months of unpayed salaries, what kind of animal farm is this?
Lol.. animal farm indeed.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Ifebazz(m): 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
LMAyedun:
What is he trying to say? Is this N506, 600 monthly or yearly?
How much, five hundred and six thousand, six hundred naira or what? He should be specific jor?
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by kodlins(f): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
This is the change we voted for.
Try again in 4 years
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Adesolomon2014(m): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
must they even collect allowance whether clothing,transport etc wen their job is nt dat stressful or labourous..y nt improve standard of livin of d general public wif d intended money.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by moniherbs: 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2015
It is good to serve God in good health..Contact us @ MONI HERBS AND HERBAL NIG. LTD(RC990497). A registered herbal company for treatment of all kinds of diseases be it physical or spiritual like:Weak Erection,Premature
Ejaculation,infections,Low Libido, Small
Organ, Chronic Pile,Fibroid, Eye
Problem,Barrenness,Diabetes,
Asthma,Rheumatism,Menstrual
Disorder,Hypertension,Ulcer,Private part diseases,High blood pressure,skin & teeth problems,looking for spouse,spiritual attacks etc..HEALTH is WEALTH
We cure, God heals. We will stun ur imagination and our treatments are with Guarantee. We send prepared solution to our clients within and outside the country.
Contact MONI HERBS AND HERBAL NIGERIA LTD @ Monilola House, 10 Sunny Alebiosu Street behind Ikotun BRT Terminus Iyana Ipaja Lagos.
Tel: 08034567342(Whatsapp/Calls), 01-7602715 Blackberry: 2BA66591 E-mail: moniherbsandherbal@gmail.com
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Kelvinpam(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
500k per month. ..datz 6m yearly. You still tink itz not that bad?

Besides why would u believe senator saraki in the first place?
They are all thieves. Bloody and selfish thieves.

#OccupyNASS

Dollyak:

If it's actually 500k then I think it's not that bad.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by bigtt76(f): 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
Even the Queen of England with all opulence, do not dress expensively grin Na all those gworo shewing Senators dem wan dress pass King Solomon ni? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.