Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance (55319 Views)

Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview / Dino Melaye Reacts To The N8.64bn NASS Wardrobe Allowance / Nigerians React To N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance For NASS Members (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:

If it's actually 500k then I think it's not that bad.

Something tells me you are either one of them or aspiring to be one of them.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by netmillionaires(m): 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:

If it's actually 500k then I think it's not that bad.
there shouldn't be anything like wardrobe allowance in the 1st place. NYSC members don't get allowance for the clothes they will wear throughout the period of their service other than the military wear... Why should NASS members own be different... If one get employed into an organization, one only get paid his/her salary. How one manage the salary is none of the employer's business. You have to buy clothes, pay transport etc from the salary. This daylight robbery of an allowance should be scrapped. Can't they afford clothes before becoming senators?

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Stylaay(m): 7:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dat figure is monthly o. The criminals collect an allowance the equivalent of a university professor's total pay package for a month. And u now tell civil servants, businessmen, and struggling nigerians to shun corruption when the system itself encourages corruptio. Was this ccountry built for this thieving few? I tire for this country. I work for 11 hours in a govt parastatal 4 days a week and this amount is more than half of what RFMAC thinks i deserve per anumn as a graduate of engineering. Change ko similiar ni. Thunder fire all of them. Nansense
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by oismail(m): 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2015
I'm not drunk cux i know what I'm saying. If u wanna make change(s) you have to start from the beginning not at the end. Do you know that some senators bought forms like N20m+?
See let's face reality, form should be almost free to all. You can expect me to buy form around that sum and you expect me to against those allowances.
Let us make these positions unattractive and if that's done then we can now tackle these thieves. To me, they invested heavily to get there so let them make their profit
dayo23:
are u drunk? sister it equate to same thing, 500k per senator per month, calculate urself. This is a big rip off
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by blaksmith: 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
Majority of u guys on here are spewing trash that is baseless. And the OP is a big nuisance seeking to cause mischief.

I went back to check Saraki's twitter timeline to read for myself. Lo behold, he clarifies this amount to be an ANNUAL sum not a monthly sum. Furthermore, he has directed the RMFAC to collate all allowances payable and have them published.

But no....OP didn't think it fit to post all relevant aspects on what was an unfolding discussion on Saraki's twitter page. And as usual, nairalanders would swallow any shit, hook, line and sinker, as long as it suits their innate pessimistic notions of people...without embarking on any investigation.

Moreover, how is any of this Saraki's fault in his 8day Senate President capacity...this was/is the status quo before his election to that position.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by simdam500(m): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
Lies everywhere, politifcians
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by poiZon: 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
doctokwus:
Was anybody expecting anything positive from Saraki?I laff!
This is a man that ruled kwara state for 8years and all that can be accredited to him is an agricultural scam where he claimed to have got south Africans to start large scale farming in kwara that has ended up leading to nothing; and a bogus kwara football academy that has not even produced a single footballer for our U-17 side.
Saraki is all about power,the way he gets it doesn't matter and whatever he does with it definitely doesn't include citizen welfare or what is best for the Nigerian state.
The man shouldnt have been allowed to sit on that senate throne.

lets ask ourselves d bitter question, what of if lawan n femi whr thr n accept this wardrope allawee...........
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by poiZon: 11:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
all these people shouting saraki thief, dogara this n that, imagne if ur dad was saraki, ur best uncle was dogara, ur best frnd who answer ur calls in time of needs was one of those senators or reps, ur beloved aunt was wicked remi, ur sugar daddy was dino melaye, will u be calling dem names on social media?
i hate politicians but nigerians r just wack n hypocrites!
they shout when the tide is against them n rejoice when it favours them even if the favour was done outta wickedness.
i believe in good governance, will always pledge my live for it!
whether na APC or PDP, ALL i advocate for is GOOD GOVERNANCE whr we r all equal amongst MEN!
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Iyowuski: 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
So na 500k plus wey oga Ben wan share for Osun and for widows for him constituency?
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by lifeworth247(m): 3:07am On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by KwachImani(f): 7:15am On Jun 18, 2015
If I was Jesus,I would descend on that house of senate and flog/whip all of them till the cloth on their back gets torn to pieces,why do they want all the clothing in the world yet they came into the world naked?......that's why i like nudists at times.
Re: Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance by Spidermon: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2015
Even American superstars like P Diddy, Jay Z and co don't spend this much on clothes.

All these corrupt basstards, one by one , God go open una yansh like sextape.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Labour Party Wins Big At Airport Staff School Enugu - Punch / Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.