Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR (5543 Views)

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2015
totit:

Dependent on oil, yoruba as a race or individuals?

Well, you have a point there but we can only focus on what we have at the moment??
Until it contradicts.

Individuals make up a race.
No, yours is about GDP sef. That's sum of what is coming in from igr, loans and federal allocations, etc .
SE might rank low in that because it has the lowest regional allocation plus one of the least indebted regions.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by totit: 10:18am On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

If you decide not to play in the oil sector, by preferring trading in goods from China, who bloody gives a hoot.

Oil sector is for the big boys and not a no-brainer trading kind of biz.

The bottom line is 4 out of the top 10 are from the land of oduduwa.

Deal with it and get over it.

I beg helepuu me tell am oo

Poverty was least dominant in the Southwest (49.8%), South-South (55.5%), and South-East regions (59.5%).

http://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by totit: 10:20am On Jun 18, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Individuals make up a race.
No, yours is about GDP sef. That's sum of what is coming in from igr, loans and federal allocations, etc .
SE might rank low in that because it has the lowest regional allocation plus one of the least indebted regions.

No!
Race make up individuals.

Who's to blame for your/SE IGR?
Contribute less, receive less.
Thought you people used to boast of how you are better than...? i.e nnewi, aba market etc?

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:23am On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

If you decide not to play in the oil sector, by preferring trading in goods from China, who bloody gives a hoot.

Oil sector is for the big boys and not a no-brainer trading kind of biz.

The bottom line is 4 out of the top 10 are from the land of oduduwa.

Deal with it and get over it.

No, I was correcting the person who said yorubas don't depend on oil, I never said it was bad that the richest yorubas made money via oil subsidy.
Two, those that do oil business abound in all tribes,
And nothing to deal with,
4 out of top 10 are igbos as well.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 10:26am On Jun 18, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

No, I was correcting the person who said yorubas don't depend on oil, I never said it was bad that the richest yorubas made money via oil subsidy.
Two, those that do oil business abound in all tribes,
And nothing to deal with,
4 out of top 10 are igbos as well.

Better.

All ethnicities have successful and rich people.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:27am On Jun 18, 2015
totit:

No!
Race make up individuals.

Who's to blame for your/SE IGR?
Contribute less, receive less.
Thought you people used to boast of how you are better than...? i.e nnewi, aba market etc?
I said they have low GDP from low allocations. The info up there have Enugu trouncing both Ogun and Oyo, so how does SE have low igr when the complete info is not even there.

Yes, nnewi, Aba, etc have great economies and the dough enters the individual pockets not government purse. That's the informal sector
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2015
totit:

Poverty was least dominant in the Southwest (49.8%), South-South (55.5%), and South-East regions (59.5%).

You need to see the IGR generation breakdown for 2014 in Punch.

The total IGR generated by SW is 321bn, exclusive of Ondo.

Even Osun is generating more IGR than Imo.

We need to heighten our call for regionalism.

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by IGBOSON1: 10:30am On Jun 18, 2015
You give irresponsible state gov'ts like that of Abia a way out if you don't make it mandatory for state gov'ts to release IGR figures for each year! Abia didn't release any figures for 2014 and nobody is asking any questions!

Abia state could easily be in the top 5 IGR states in the country, but the thieving clueless gov'ts they've been cursed with since 1999 wouldn't allow this to happen! Either the collected revenues enter private pockets, or they're not collected at all!

So annoying! sad
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by totit: 10:31am On Jun 18, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I said they have low GDP from low allocations. The info up there have Enugu trouncing both Ogun and Oyo, so how does SE have low igr when the complete info is not even there.

Yes, nnewi, Aba, etc have great economies and the dough enters the individual pockets not government purse. That's the informal sector

It's not about individuals or states. It's about each region.

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by totit: 10:33am On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Even Osun is generating more IGR than Anambra.

We need to heighten our call for regionalisation.

Lobatan. grin
Thank you jare.
And until proven otherwise this is what we have as at the moment.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

please heighten your call for odua republic.

You never make sense on this forum.

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by docadams: 10:39am On Jun 18, 2015
Delta makes 42b naira annually, an average of 3.5b naira per month. However, at a meeting with various Union leaders in Asaba, the governor said the state makes only 2b naira monthly as IGR. Truth, where are thou?
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 10:41am On Jun 18, 2015
menabadoo:

Will you please get off my mention.

If I do not make sense, you will not bother to respond. The truth is just too bitter for you to swallow.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2015
menabadoo:

Lol, I don't get them.
Pulling old statistics which are probably false is funny.
So, where is the evidence that osun generates more than anambra when anambra instead of owing workers actually increased workers salary by 15%, never borrowed in the past 9 years and is currently embarking on projects that cut through agriculture, sports, oil and gas, road/bridge construction and tourrism.
Is osun doing the same thing now?
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Anambra - N10.4B
Osun - N8.5B

Is it because of free education that you can't read anymore? As for your regionalism no one takes you guys seriously since it's always talk and no action.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by fistonati(m): 10:59am On Jun 18, 2015
Even if its more than this, they will never tell us. I DONT TRUST DS GOVERNORS JARE
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 11:01am On Jun 18, 2015
AfricanGod2:

Anambra - N10.4B
Osun - N8.5B

Is it because of free education that you can't read anymore? As for your regionalism no one takes you guys seriously since it's always talk and no action.
Olodo, put on your glasses. It has been changed to Imo, before your rushed to respond.

We are have Min of Regional Integration in all SW states. All states are funding the regional action plan of DAWN.

You think we are noise makers like you, that shout Biafra and still keep trooping out of your region.

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by gebest: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2015
nerodenero:
The report assumed none of the other 13 States could generate more than Akwa Ibom undecided being the least among the top 7.

Why can't they wait for other states so that we can have a comprehensive list of the IGRs of all States?

Poor reportage undecided
EDO IS 22.1 BILLION.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by Eshinwaju: 11:09am On Jun 18, 2015
kodded:
and the lowest is osun cheesy

liar.... cheesy
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by kodded(m): 11:11am On Jun 18, 2015
Eshinwaju:

liar.... cheesy
I know grin
I guess it will be one of those northern state cheesy

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by Yujin(m): 11:15am On Jun 18, 2015
Slynonny:
My Husband Buhari the Daura President is a failure to MANHOOD.
#Aisha_Buhari_d_Prostitute.
This is grossly irresponsible of you. Desist from such path.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by Eshinwaju: 11:16am On Jun 18, 2015
totit:

Again SW leads again....it would be even more...if we were to remove the poverty that gala sellers contribute to our land....through emigration... grin....I pray for Biafra..... cheesy

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Olodo, put on your glasses. It has been changed to Imo, before your rushed to respond.

We are have Min of Regional Integration in all SW states. All states are funding the regional action plan of DAWN.

You think we are noise makers like you, that shout Biafra and still keep trooping out of your region.

Chai, Olodo rapata. Imo generates the least IGR in the entire South East, if you want to compare Imo with any state compare it with Ekiti.

BTW, until the trooping extends beyond Nigeria it is not outside any Nigerian's region, so note that until you accomplish this your dawn initiative or Oduduwa abi Oguguru republic or whatever, the reality on ground is that some states of MY country, namely Lagos, Rivers, Delta, and Enugu are striving hard to become self reliant and are always open for me to visit, work in, live in, play in or do whatever the Bleep I want to do in smiley. So basically I can make all the noise I want and troop wherever I want when it suits me best whilst not minding naive Nigerians like you who think that the benefits of development in any part of Nigeria is only restricted to ethnic groups in that part of Nigeria.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by bifs: 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
For your quality and affordable Men's Custom-made/Handmade wears, ranging from shoes to shirts, pants trousers, suits, blazers, dansiki and traditional attires, add us:
BBM 567C4776
or
call/WhatsApp us on +2349050502575.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by emamos: 12:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Slynonny:
My Husband Buhari the Daura President is a failure to MANHOOD.
#Aisha_Buhari_d_Prostitute.

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
kodded:
and the lowest is osun cheesy
osun is always above ebonyi imo anambra anyday anytime..check ur stats nd qet ur fact rite..osun has neva been last b4
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
AfricanGod2:

Chai, Olodo rapata. Imo generates the least IGR in the entire South East, if you want to compare Imo with any state compare it with Ekiti.

BTW, until the trooping extends beyond Nigeria it is not outside any Nigerian's region, so note that until you accomplish this your dawn initiative or Oduduwa abi Oguguru republic or whatever, the reality on ground is that some states of MY country, namely Lagos, Rivers, Delta, and Enugu are striving hard to become self reliant and are always open for me to visit, work in, live in, play in or do whatever the Bleep I want to do in smiley. So basically I can make all the noise I want and troop wherever I want when it suits me best whilst not minding naive Nigerians like you who think that the benefits of development in any part of Nigeria is only restricted to ethnic groups in that part of Nigeria.

Olodo times 1000.

How old is Imo State in comparison with Ekiti.

Compare Editing and Ebonyi.
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by Ritchiee: 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
menabadoo:

He gave you facts.What else do you need?
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by chigoizie7(m): 4:36am On Jul 30, 2015
totit:

What more can I say grin

SS
$75B

SW
$79B
SW without Lagos
$46B

SE
$37B

NC
$30B
NC + FCT
$35B

NW
$44B

NE
$22B
source: http://services.gov.ng/states

source: http://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

The SW does well in both statistical data and is probably the region that is trying the hardest to reduce its dependence of oil. If the Yorubas contributed so little to SW GDP, why can't other tribes replicate the SW development in their own states? Why is it that 4 Yorubas are in the top ten richest Nigerian list when Yorubas only make up 21% of the population?

And yet some of them are still owing their workers
Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by pazienza(m): 5:22am On Jul 30, 2015
Only fools take these IGR they brandish around serious!

IGR that does not reflect on the people's standard of living is nothing but paper and cooked up IGR.

How far with Osun's cooked up IGR, where is Osun state today? States that have half of its citizens working for government, will have false IGR, as government can easily tax half of the population, since they are under government employment, but this is misleading, as the so called IGR is govt money that should have been invested in the state and not on salary payment.

Little wonder immediately the FG allocation shrinked, their paper IGR crashed as the state government couldn't pay workers and so can't collect their phantom IGR in form of taxes. They simply have no informal sector, they are all reliant on crude oil, and will start chanting war, the minute they hear Biafra!

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by gists: 5:44am On Jul 30, 2015
pazienza:
Only fools take these IGR they brandish around serious!

IGR that does not reflect on the people's standard of living is nothing but paper and cooked up IGR.

How far with Osun's cooked up IGR, where is Osun state today? States that have half of its citizens working for government, will have false IGR, as government can easily tax half of the population, since they are under government employment, but this is misleading, as the so called IGR is govt money that should have been invested in the state and not on salary payment.

Little wonder immediately the FG allocation shrinked, their paper IGR crashed as the state government couldn't pay workers and so can't collect their phantom IGR in form of taxes. They simply have no informal sector, they are all reliant on crude oil, and will start chanting war, the minute they hear Biafra!

Oga, what's your problem with osun? did you see osun on the list? Why didn't you pick up on Imo as well? I sense bigotry/tribalism in this your post.
BTW as far as I am conerned, the only real IGR figure that we should cheer are that of Lagos, Enugu, Ogun and Oyo.
Rivers, Delta and Akwa Ibom can easily tax oil companies like Shell, Chevron, Total, Mobil which I still consider oil money.

No wonder Lagos is said to be the 5th richest in Africa if it were to be a country. The IGR is almost double that of the combined IGRs of other states! Kudos to APC (Damn 3 SW/APC states in "the real top 5" IGRs without oil companies).

South West can and WILL survive without oil allocation. Awolowo proved it and this is another proof. We just have to look inwards. The more we wait for allocation from Abuja, the less resourceful we become. Give the South South and part of South East their oil. Regional autonomy is key to the future.

Re: 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR by rman: 7:03am On Jul 30, 2015
What is Lagos doing with all that money?

That's why I wanted APC to lose Lagos if they get to the center.

The center and Lagos especially should not be controlled by the same party.

There will be no APC today if Lagos was controlled by PDP.

Lagos is a country on its own!

Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb / Your Governors Stealing Public Funds For Campaigns – Sowore Attacks APC, PDP / Gtbank Has Started Blocking Their Customers Account

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68