Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S (2762 Views)

Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark / Public Procurement Amendment Bill Passed By Senate / Saraki Smiles After NACF Bill Passed 2nd Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
Uganda has just signed a bill that further criminalizes homosexuality, CNN reports. A man was even burned to death for being gay.

Passed on Friday, the Anti-Homosexuality Bill calls for life imprisonment for gay s*x involving HIV-positive individuals, acts with minors and the disabled, and for repeated “offenses” between consenting adults.

The bill’s original 2009 version, named “Kill The Gays,” went as far as calling for the death penalty for certain homosexual acts; that provision was shelved following international furor.

Under its latest iteration, anyone who conducts marriage ceremonies for same-s*x couples faces seven years behind bars. Failure to report homosexual activity to police is also criminalized. Doctors who treat gays, landlords who rent them property and those suspected of being LBGTQ are subject to five-year prison terms under the bill.

Anyone who offers support to homosexuals will also be committing a criminal offense, which can reportedly extend to counseling.

Though homosexuality has already been illegal in the Southeast African nation, some argued this bill needed to be passed to safeguard against Western values.

“This is a piece of legislation that is needed in this country to protect the traditional family here in Africa,” said David Bahati, the member of Uganda’s parliament who introduced the original bill.

Bahati is also part of The Family, a private and influential evangelical sect that sends money to African nations to promote anti-gay legislation.

Per a Fog City Journal article, ”The Family and other anti-gay groups have long viewed Uganda as a laboratory to experiment with Christian theocracy.”

According to Boise Weekly, the Anti-Homosexuality Bill had additional input from U.S. evangelicals. They included Scott Lively, a Massachusetts evangelical facing a U.S. lawsuit by gays in Uganda, accusing him of inciting homophobia in the African nation, according to the New York Times.

“There are those factions of the evangelical community in the U.S. that believe they’ve more or less lost the fight against the homosexual agenda,” said Malika Zouhali Worrall, a filmmaker who has documented Uganda’s LBGTQ community. ”Therefore, they’re trying to pre-empt it in other countries.”

“Protecting” children is another reason lawmakers are arguing for the bill; Bahati said it will ”defend our culture and defend the future of our children.”

An infamous news article in the country even reads, “Hang Them; They Are After Our Kids!”

Many LBGTQs and supporters in the nation and worldwide decried the bill’s passage.

“The witch hunt had already started, and now it has been legitimized by the parliament of Uganda, which is very scary,” said Clare Byarugaba, who coordinates the Ugandan Civil Society Coalition on Human Rights and Constitutional Law, a gay rights group. ”We don’t know how brutal the police will be now that the bill has passed. With this legitimization, it’s going to get worse.”

Ross Murray, director of news at the U.S. at the Gay And Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, called the bill ”one of the worst human rights violations of our time.”

“It is now up to fair-minded Americans to speak up for the very lives of LGBTQ people in Uganda,” he told the Washington post

Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Leaventainment: 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
hmmm
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by kromoto: 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
I'm worried about those kids who are watching! They seem to enjoy what is happening.
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by temitemi1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
Say NO to Gayism!!

2 Likes

Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Sandydayz(f): 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2015
This is stu.pid..... They are even children watching....
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
I do not support anything gay but this is certainly not the right way to go about it. It is wrong to just bounce o somebody and take his life because of his sexual orientation especially with children watching. embarassed Imagine what these children would grow up to be watching adults roasting a fellow human being like deer. embarassed embarassed

These gay people should respect themselves honestly. angry
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Mogidi: 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
Was the killing necessary?
Is this not the same Uganda where the AIDS disease is statistically one in every two people?
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by benedictnsi(m): 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
Mogidi:
Was the killing necessary?
Is this not the same Uganda where the AIDS disease is statistically one in every two people?

I tell you bros.....

Am not against the law buh d killing is kinda so unnecessary.

Well sha Even d country name sounds so Archival and Ancient..... Try chatting with any of them on facebook and rate their level of Impresario-pariselo or Education exposure
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by ebamma(m): 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
Just let a man live his life the way he desires , as far as he is not hurting others or taking advantage of others,
In this world we don't have many choices,
We don't get to choose when we are born or when we die, we don't even get to choose whether we will be born into a rich or poor family,
So the least you could do for a fellow man, is just to let him choose how he wants to live this short life of his

1 Like

Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
I don't support gay, and I don't support dis killings
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sandydayz:
This is stu.pid..... They are even children watching....
Edo babe I dhe see u
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by omoharry(f): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
they should have imprisoned him na, instead of burning him alive.At least Naija own of 14 years for penalty nor too bad.
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by CharliParker: 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
In as much as I condemn homosexuality but killing those involve in this act is very bad the person who kills the gay person might be a criminal a killer whose hands have been soaked with blood or even a gay himself or a rapist so what is the essence of killing the gay person when God said do not kill, 5years imprisonment or more is OK for the offence.
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Nneziwili(m): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
Kii em all

2 Likes

Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by CR77(f): 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
Where is the human right here

1 Like

Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by linda20: 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
Homosexuality is a cancer that mist be removed or else humanity is in danger. I love sections of the bill that criminalizes landlords giving their property to gay tenants or failure to report gay activities. That aspect is what we need in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by zookie: 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
Most times when i see africans shout no to Homosexuality, i wonder why. Is it because we re more religious?
What do we even know about religion.
Is it because we re more advanced in the area of science to know what suits the human body more? What do we even know about science.
Is it because of our tradition?
Oh! The same traditions that couldnt develope africa? The same traditions that wont allow a grown man do what he wants in the privacy of his room but will allow little children to partake in the extrajudicial killing of a "Gay".
My conclusion is that africans are scared. Africans are scared of the white taking everything away from them. They are scared of the white taking over their what they regard as the "right" kind of sex.

I am not scared of the whites. Dont burn Gays alive. But please try not to be Gay.
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by SOUNDKING: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
ebamma:
Just let a man live his life the way he desires , as far as he is not hurting others or taking advantage of others,
In this world we don't have many choices,
We don't get to choose when we are born or when we die, we don't even get to choose whether we will be born into a rich or poor family,
So the least you could do for a fellow man, is just to let him choose how he wants to live this short life of his
my guy you have the right to think as you likes,but behave like others, say no to homo. Who una wan leave our girls for?, Jah hates it, even Muhammad condemed it. If your papa and mama na gay and lessi how you go take show face for earth?, i+diotic group of people, i dey vex for all of una, ba+stards, if i catch any of una near my barracks, if na lessi,me go teach am say ''jah made prick for toto'',if na man,na die be em own o. Kudos to Uganda,burning him is like a first class flight ticket to hell anyway , but if na my cabal, na to hang the i+diot through the scrotum.

2 Likes

Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by SOUNDKING: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
CharliParker:
In as much as I condemn homosexuality but killing those involve in this act is very bad the person who kills the gay person might be a criminal a killer whose hands have been soaked with blood or even a gay himself or a rapist so what is the essence of killing the gay person when God said do not kill, 5years imprisonment or more is OK for the offence.
my guy killing is the best option to those homophools,if you imprison them, how about the G's in the jail,who is gonna save their ass?.

1 Like

Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Sandydayz(f): 11:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Edo babe I dhe see u
Hehe na wetin i do again? angry
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sandydayz:
I no fit hail u again?
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Sandydayz(f): 11:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

I no fit hail u again?
grin I hail u too... #hands in the air#
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Brownhypo: 12:12am On Jun 19, 2015
say no to homosexual
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by tevinsolt: 4:50am On Jun 19, 2015
SOUNDKING:
my guy killing is the best option to those homophools,if you imprison them, how about the G's in the jail,who is gonna save their ass?.
you are terribly sick in the head have yourself checked out
so you kills gays then what? you move on to the next perceived threat on humanity you fvcking illiterate savage.
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by tevinsolt: 4:53am On Jun 19, 2015
SOUNDKING:
my guy you have the right to think as you likes,but behave like others, say no to homo. Who una wan leave our girls for?, Jah hates it, even Muhammad condemed it. If your papa and mama na gay and lessi how you go take show face for earth?, i+diotic group of people, i dey vex for all of una, ba+stards, if i catch any of una near my barracks, if na lessi,me go teach am say ''jah made prick for toto'',if na man,na die be em own o. Kudos to Uganda,burning him is like a first class flight ticket to hell anyway , but if na my cabal, na to hang the i+diot through the scrotum.

is it the same Muhammad that was a pedophile and a warmonger you're talking about?
bro you need to question ur IQ, that Nigerian heat is interfering with your proper reasoning, if any offence is taken, I intended it to be.
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 19, 2015
tevinsolt:

is it the same Muhammad that was a pedophile and a warmonger you're talking about?
bro you need to question IQ, that Nigerian heat is interfering with your proper reasoning, if any offence is taken, I intended it to be.
STFU you baastard,go continue drilling other men's a*ses d same fate awaits u useless perv.
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 19, 2015
crusadistic:
STFU you baastard,go continue drilling other men's a*ses d same fate awaits u useless perv.
hehehehehhehehe... You mean the guy is gay?
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by SOUNDKING: 11:56am On Jun 19, 2015
tevinsolt:

bro you need to question IQ, that Nigerian heat is interfering with your proper reasoning, if any offence is taken, I intended it to be.
if your brain works fine , answer me, if every man turns homo, what will be the fate of human race....answer me ewu ugwu.
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by SOUNDKING: 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
tevinsolt:

you are terribly sick in the head have yourself checked out
so you kills gays then what? you move on to the next perceived threat on humanity you fvcking illiterate savage.
please i beg you,bring your homo partner to the NA arthillery divison onitsha,then ping me while kissing him. Thanks.
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by opiaoku: 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sandydayz:

kiss a lof you
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by tevinsolt: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
SOUNDKING:
please i beg you,bring your homo partner to the NA arthillery divison onitsha,then ping me while kissing him. Thanks.

how about I bring my boys from the US marines to your NA artillery division, Onitsha?
flexing over jack sh!t sit the fvck down bro
Re: Gay Man Burned Alive In Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Passed Into Law.is This Right Or S by tevinsolt: 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
SOUNDKING:
if your brain works fine , answer me, if every man turns homo, what will be the fate of human race....answer me ewu ugwu.

the fact you haven't turned gay nd the fact majority of Humans by far is Heterosexual, should make you see the stupidity in your question.

in a bag of peas 50 beans are bad compared to the thousands of good peas, how does the 50 peas affect the rest?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Incident Proves That Biafrans Are Truly Cowards ... / Osinbajo, Bola Tinubu, Other APC Leaders Storm Kogi For Final Gov Campaign. Pics / Zahra Opens Shop In London (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.