Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. (61142 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
1-0 win is fine by me coz the Black Queens are still strong. I think they won the last All Africa Games gold last year.

And yeah, pls go ahead Sir... Create them. Or is it gonna be one thread comprising Super Falcons, Super Falconets and the flamingoes plus other Uncapped Young Falcons prospects?

It will be the bolded
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by lakesidepapa(m): 12:37am On Oct 11, 2016
CFCman:
It will be the bolded
Are falconets in camp already? AWCON is also fast approaching
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by SureTip: 12:44am On Oct 11, 2016
I wish our girls good luck!!
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 11, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Are falconets in camp already? AWCON is also fast approaching
Yes, they are in camp.
The deadline for coach Dedevbo to submit his final 21-woman list is November 3.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
Two member of the flamingo team to jordan have been invited to the falconet camp
rasheedat ajibade and catherine kenneth

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by lakesidepapa(m): 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
enomakos:
Two member of the flamingo team to jordan have been invited to the falconet camp
rasheedat ajibade and catherine kenneth

Are they now fully in camp?

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Are they now fully in camp?
yeah they are in camp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
I saw a picture of the girl's training and I was a bit more optimistic than I was before. Good to see players like Tessy Biawo, Adeboyejo, etc. They are good quality players. I also think Ajibade will start if she makes the team.

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
What a good final.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
Wow, I just read that the North Koreans beat Japan. It's an upset because I felt that the Japanese girls were the best team in the tournament.
It must have been so cruel on Japan to lose via penalty shoot out.

Anyway, I'd expect some of the Japanese girls to be part of their U-20 team in Papua New Guinea. So, Dedevbo should better prepare the Falconets for the Japanese challenge.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
It's ok. Let us keep calm and wait for what the Falconets will come up with.

Who knows.

There is no need to wait because the Falconets are not from Japan or USA. Granted that Peter is a very good coach but he cannot perform miracles without the help of Nigerians. All the teams in the tournament in Papua New Guinea have already named their squad and under intensive preparation for the show while Nigeria has not even assembled a practice squad.

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2016
olapluto:
I saw a picture of the girl's training and I was a bit more optimistic than I was before. Good to see players like Tessy Biawo, Adeboyejo, etc. They are good quality players. I also think Ajibade will start if she makes the team.

Where the Falconets training on a synthetic turf? The Flamingoes looked completely sorry on the synthetic turf in Jordan.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 11:36am On Oct 29, 2016
olapluto:
ajibade will make the team

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 11:39am On Oct 29, 2016
Duru1:

Where the Falconets training on a synthetic turf? The Flamingoes looked completely sorry on the synthetic turf in Jordan.
their poor perfermance hads nothing to do with the turf,the nff fails to exposed the girls

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 11:41am On Oct 29, 2016
The nff hads yet to learn for the failure of the flamingo what are the ladies still doing in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2016
enomakos:
their poor perfermance hads nothing to do with the turf, the nff fails to exposed the girls

Do you mean a sight-seeing tour? I guess the exposures include making the kids comfortable on a synthetic turf. There is a great difference playing on natural turf and synthetic turf.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
enomakos:
The nff hads yet to learn for the failure of the flamingo
what are the ladies still doing in nigeria

They can still get ready by training and staying in Nigeria. One of the problems that afflict Nigeria is lack of organizational acumen. The act of scheduling is the cornerstone of success. By now countries such as USA, SPAIN and JAPAN have already named their teams therefore Nigeria should have named its squad and embarks on serious trainings in order to incorporate cohesiveness. Rather it is still waiting for the invited players while the coaches are issuing datelines.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
Duru1:

Do you mean a sight-seeing tour? I guess the exposures include making the kids comfortable on a synthetic turf. There is a great difference playing on natural turf and synthetic turf.
no not a tour,i mean by playing quality friendly with other countries
by the way the ladies did train with synthetic turf here in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2016
I am still wondering why the NFF never looked in Babajide's heroics..

[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria's Babajide scores 14 goals in UEL Women's 40-0 win
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/cd/c7/nigeria-fans-in-winnipeg_zmfidjcr5txs1g5msk07w8xjc.jpg?t=-713058059&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Taiye Taiwo

The 17-year-old Nigerian was on target fourteen times with a couple of assists in a collegiate cup game

Nigeria-born Rinsola Babajide netted fourteen goals in the second half for the Univeristy of East London women's football team in their 40-0 demolition of the University College London at the British Universities and College Sports cup game.

The UEL women were 15 goals up in the first half before rounding up the game with 25 goals in the second half in their second fixture of the BUCS Wednesday.

Babajide who plays for Millwall Lionness was on target for the England U19 in their 2-1 victory over USA U19 at the Women's International Cup a week ago.

The England youth international took to the social media to celebrate the victory.

"40-0 win in a cup game vs UCL - scored 14 goals & a few assists next round here we come , well done girls," Babajide tweeted.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2016/10/29/28957222/nigerias-babajide-scores-14-goals-in-uel-womens-40-0-win?ICID=AR_PN_2
[/b]
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U20 women held by Eaglesnet Academy in friendly
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/f8/2d/falconets-2015-u20w_1o1z4r4l5pgcm1pozuc6trpdi9.jpg?t=-336875960&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Samuel Ahmadu

Coach Peter Dedevbo's girls managed a draw against an Abuja-based side to wrap up their preparations for next month’s U20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea

Nigeria U20 women played a 0-0 draw with Eaglesnet Logistics Academy in their final preparatory test match played at the practice pitch of the National Stadium, Abuja on Saturday.

The Falconets failed to secure victory despite dominating the match and against their tenacious U17 male opponents who forced them to a 1-1 draw two weeks ago.

Chinasa Uchendu almost got the Peter Dedevbo’s side in front inside the opening 15 minutes but her attempt was denied by the goal post.

Five minutes to half time break, Ginika Ikeh missed putting the Falconets ahead from the spot as her efforts were calmly saved by Eaglesnet’s goalkeeper.

In the second half, Rasheedat Ajibade came close to securing the lead for national team side but her brilliant strike was unexpectedly turned out by the crossbar.

At the death, Aminat Yakubu’s goal from an instant rebound following Joy Bokiri’s failed attempt to convert from the spot was canceled after she was caught in an offside position.

Following the match, coach Peter Dedevbo is expected to announce his final squad in coming days as they depart the country for the international showpiece next week.

After he led the Falconets to runners-up finish the last term, Dedevbo will hope to make history this year with a winning start against Japan on November 13, 2016, at the Bava Park in Port Moresby.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/12072/nigeria-women/2016/10/30/28989722/nigeria-u20-women-held-by-eaglesnet-academy-in-friendly?ICID=HP_BN_1
[/b]
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
I do not know why, but I have a very low expectation from these set of Superfalconets.

I suspect something................
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 01, 2016
The Falconets first game vs Japan kicks off at 9am on Sunday, Nov 13

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 12:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
The Head of the Psychology Unit of the Nigeria Football Federation, Dr. Robinson Okosun, over the weekend lectured the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup-bound Falconets on the importance of developing their mental toughness and confidence level in order to excel under intense pressure and provocation.
With barely two weeks to the commencement of the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup in Papua, New Guinea, Okosun talked about the prerequisite attitudes ranging from positive self -talk to rapid re-focusing skills needed for the players to unleash their winning attitudes at the championship.
He said that body language could be harnessed to project a positive frame of mind to elevate the confidence level of the entire team.
He said: “I came to work on their mental toughness.
“Most of the girls are naive, so what I did was to prepare them against perceived psychological problems and how to guide against it.
“We believe that football is science and apart from the physical trainings, there is need for us to at least relax the mind of the players as well as teach them the importance of working as a team.
“What I have taught them goes beyond football.
“It is imperative for them to maintain their confidence, deal with anxiety and anger, while keeping focus on the goal because it will help them to be a complete individuals.”

NFF is learning from the failure of the flamingoes

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 06, 2016
Falconets coach, Peter Dedevbo, says the team is only 40% ready for the World Cup
https://nigerianobservernews.com/2016/11/ahead-of-u-20-world-cup-dedevbo-rates-falconets-40-percent/#.WB5oiLVHbYU
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2016
CFCman:
Falconets coach, Peter Dedevbo, says the team is only 40% ready for the World Cup
https://nigerianobservernews.com/2016/11/ahead-of-u-20-world-cup-dedevbo-rates-falconets-40-percent/#.WB5oiLVHbYU

One wonders why the Falconets should even venture to Papua New Guinea when the team is 40% prepared for a tournament that kicks off seven (7) days from today. Nigeria is a bloody joke. It is shame the country does not get wiser with the years.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Icon4s(m): 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
CFCman:

40% ready as how?

Did they just start learning how to play football afresh?

Is there any team in the world that is usually 100% ready for tourneys?

This man don dey look for excuse for failure.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
Final 21. Some very interesting players in the team.

Goalkeepers: Sandra Chichi (Sunshine Queens); Christy Ohiaeriaku (IFKO Stersund, Sweden); Onyinye Okeke (Edo Queens);

Defenders: Kemi Famuditi (Confluence Queens); Ugochi Emenayo (Nasarawa Amazons); Esther Elijah (Osun Queens); Mary Ologbosere (Ibom Queens); Lilian Atule (Bayelsa Queens); Glory Ogbonna (Ibom Queens); Patience Kalu (Bayelsa Queens)

Midfielders: Tessy Biahwo (Nasarawa Amazons); Ihuoma Onyebuchi (Sunshine Queens); Adebisi Hameevah (FC Robo); Rasheedat Ajibade (FC Robo); Ogechi Ukwuoma (Delta Queens); Patience Kalu (Bayelsa Queens)

Strikers: Chinwendu Ihezuo (BIIK Kazygurt, Kazakhstan); Yetunde Adeboyejo (Bayelsa Queens); Chinaza Uchendu (Nasarawa Amazons); Charity Reuben (Ibom Queens); Aminat Yakubu (Minsk FC, Belarus); Joy Bokiri (Bayelsa Queens)
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
We have 2 solid goalies at least. Any of them can be a starter.
Kemi Famuditi was named in the women team of the year for the women league. Solid full back.
Patience Kalu was also in the team of the year. I think we have a team full of good individuals.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2016
olapluto:
Goalkeepers: Sandra Chichi (Sunshine Queens); Christy Ohiaeriaku (IFKO Stersund, Sweden); Onyinye Okeke (Edo Queens);
Defenders: Kemi Famuditi (Confluence Queens); Ugochi Emenayo (Nasarawa Amazons); Esther Elijah (Osun Queens); Mary Ologbosere (Ibom Queens); Lilian Atule (Bayelsa Queens); Glory Ogbonna (Ibom Queens); Patience Kalu (Bayelsa Queens)
Midfielders: Tessy Biahwo (Nasarawa Amazons); Ihuoma Onyebuchi (Sunshine Queens); Adebisi Hameevah (FC Robo); Rasheedat Ajibade (FC Robo); Ogechi Ukwuoma (Delta Queens); Patience Kalu (Bayelsa Queens)
Strikers: Chinwendu Ihezuo (BIIK Kazygurt, Kazakhstan); Yetunde Adeboyejo (Bayelsa Queens); Chinaza Uchendu (Nasarawa Amazons); Charity Reuben (Ibom Queens); Aminat Yakubu (Minsk FC, Belarus); Joy Bokiri (Bayelsa Queens)

The squad looks good enough to advance to the knockout stages. In Aminat Yakubu, I see a dynamic winger that can rip apart opposing defenses.
The only worry would be the team's lack of friendlies with other U-20 teams. Playing only against Nigerian club sides and boys U-17 teams may not equal to adequate prep, as the Flamingoes U-17 campaign showed.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
olapluto:

The Falconets have already started on the wrong foot with the alleged inclusion of Rasheedat Ajibade on the team. She is a loser and tends to spread bad luck to any team she has been a member. By the way, the team cannot have two Patience Kalu (Bayelsa Queens).
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 7:58am On Nov 08, 2016
[size=14pt]
Ahead of FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup: Falconets depart for Papua New Guinea.

by By Stella Bamawo
[/size]

Nigeria’s Falconets have left the country for Papua New Guinea, a country 160km north of Australia on Monday.

The team is placed in Group B alongside Spain, Canada and Japan and will play their first match against Japan on November, 13.

Nigeria alongside four other countries have made it to all editions of the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup. However, the Super Falconets have lost in the finals in 2010 and 2014.

In between, Nigeria finished fourth after losing the semi-finals to USA and the play-off to Japan.

In 2002 and 2004, they were unable to make a mark in the group stages, while they were beaten in the quarter-finals in 2006 and 2008.

thenationonlineng.net/ahead-fifa-u-20-womens-world-cup-falconets-depart-paupa-new-guinea/
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 2:35pm On Nov 08, 2016
The NFF is a very wicked organisation. The journey to Papua New Guinea is a farce. Over 30 hours, with almost 12 hour changeovers for a National team! I expect the girls to be weak and massively jetlagged when they get to their destination.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

AFCON: Sadio Mane Cries After Being Booed By Senegal Fans. PICS / Mo Salah's Clothes To Anfield For Liverpool Vs Barcelona / Lionel Messi Surprises Staff At A Shopping Centre In Argentina (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.