Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,653 members, 7,823,848 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. (61315 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
Duru1:

The Falconets have already started on the wrong foot with the alleged inclusion of Rasheedat Ajibade on the team. She is a loser and tends to spread bad luck to any team she has been a member. By the way, the team cannot have two Patience Kalu (Bayelsa Queens).
how do you know she is badluck?
Pls do not say that again

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
olapluto:
The NFF is a very wicked organisation. The journey to Papua New Guinea is a farce. Over 30 hours, with almost 12 hour changeovers for a National team! I expect the girls to be weak and massively jetlagged when they get to their destination.
you are right,very poor travelling arrangement
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:43am On Nov 13, 2016
No be so, our girls play in a few minutes and not a peep. Let's go there, up naija!
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2016
I predict Falconets will not score a goal in this tournament. Exactly the same play as the U17. Cannot string 3 passes together. Long balls to no one.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:53am On Nov 13, 2016
olapluto:
I predict Falconets will not score a goal in this tournament. Exactly the same play as the U17. Cannot string 3 passes together. Long balls to no one.

there is a complete lack of urgency, i am sure the coach will let them know. Japan is a strong team lets wait.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 10:54am On Nov 13, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

there is a complete lack of urgency, i am sure the coach will let them know. Japan is a strong team lets wait.
Nothing else will happen in this match. The coach lineup was a joke. He had Yakubu and Bokiri on the bench before playing Uchendu and Bisi.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:22am On Nov 13, 2016
olapluto:

Nothing else will happen in this match. The coach lineup was a joke. He had Yakubu and Bokiri on the bench before playing Uchendu and Bisi.

Omg the commentator just said this could end up being anything.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:23am On Nov 13, 2016
U-17 was much better. Our coach has lost his way. No subs yet.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by delana(m): 11:23am On Nov 13, 2016
This Japanese girls will spell Nigeria , very poor play from our girls, think its time to get a foreign coach for our female national teams
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2016
This team is bad for football.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by kilo4sure: 11:26am On Nov 13, 2016
I have fallen in love with this Japanese team
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2016
The coach tried to play a lazy game. In the 2nd half, Nigeria has not made 2 complete passes. i.e A Nigerian player passes to another Nigerian player. That is how bad it is. The coach cannot be blind to this surely. Even playing out of defence, its anywhere belle face.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2016
I think the problem of Nigerian coaches is over reliance on a single player. The coach wants to play to Ihezuo all the time, and that is stupid because Ihezuo is bang average herself. The team will not score a goal in this tournament. They may not even have a shot on target.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:39am On Nov 13, 2016
Our coach sold this match plain and simple, no one on our team is at the level of Yakubu.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
It is funny how most Nigerians formulate their thought. How could any reasonable person blame the coach or player when the preparation for this tournament started two weeks ago? The awareness of pitch situation by the Japanese kids is overly in contrast with the Nigerian kids. The level of display in that department of soccer shows that Japanese horned their skills during preparatory period.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
enomakos:
how do you know she is badluck?
Pls do not say that again

Have you heard about the outcome of the match between Nigeria and Japan?
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by AIG07: 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
Japan6:0Nigeria. This is a total humiliation. Though I didn't watch the match but from what I can gather so far t will take a miracle to get out of dat group.

I'll keep saying t our local female coaches are bunch of crap.

They can't diff between an Africa championship n a world cup. This is what u get wen u think world football is about physicality n height.

Well this result didn't come as a suprise to me. That Ihezuo or wetin be her name is average. She has been costing us so much since her u-17 champs.

To me the best set of u-20 we've had so far is d one comprising of Oparanozie, Esther sunday, orji n d likes. The rest are just average who were just lucky enough to showcase what de got @ international level
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
AIG07:
Japan6:0Nigeria. This is a total humiliation. Though I didn't watch the match but from what I can gather so far t will take a miracle to get out of dat group.

They can't diff between an Africa championship n a world cup. This is what u get wen u think world football is about physicality n height.

Well this result didn't come as a suprise to me. That Ihezuo or wetin be her name is average. She has been costing us so much since her u-17 champs.

To me the best set of u-20 we've had so far is d one comprising of Oparanozie, Esther sunday, orji n d likes. The rest are just average who were just lucky enough to showcase what de got @ international level

Even the so-called Satan cannot whip these kids into a soccer machine in two weeks to tackle a team like Japan that has spent a year preparing for this tournament.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by kilo4sure: 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
AIG07:

Yeah the 2012 set was a complete set with so many star players, even oshoala could only play in the midfield in that team, but they came against a tactically superior USA in the semis who were eventual champions. The 2014 set jelled more as a team though.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
Duru1:

Have you heard about the outcome of the match between Nigeria and Japan?
we were bashed
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
What really is the secret of japan success in female football,china and korea use to be the powerhouse of female football in asia now japan have overtake them
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
Duru1:

Even the so-called Satan cannot whip these kids into a soccer machine in two weeks to tackle a team like Japan that has spent a year preparing for this tournament.
Your arguments are flawed. Even if its 2 hours they spend in camp, the basics of football can still be instilled. They are professionals that play weekly in their clubs. Putting 3 passes together is not rocket science. The coach obviously tried to play long balls to Ihezuo for 90 minutes. Thats daft and very lazy. In the end, Rashidat Ajibade was turned to defensive midfielder and we were hoofing long balls to no one in particular. The players have been in camp for almost a month, and not 2 weeks as you said. Camp opened late september, and they had all of October to train.
I can also assure you Japan did not spend a year in camp.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by kilo4sure: 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2016
olapluto:

Your arguments are flawed. Even if its 2 hours they spend in camp, the basics of football can still be instilled. They are professionals that play weekly in their clubs. Putting 3 passes together is not rocket science. The coach obviously tried to play long balls to Ihezuo for 90 minutes. Thats daft and very lazy. In the end, Rashidat Ajibade was turned to defensive midfielder and we were hoofing long balls to no one in particular. The players have been in camp for almost a month, and not 2 weeks as you said. Camp opened late september, and they had all of October to train.
Exactly, just how prepared were the sets of 2012 or 2014? Preparation is good, and the style of play plus the good chemistry the Japanese showed indicates that they have been together for a long time, but still l maintain that it is obvious that just like the flamingoes, there may be very few gifted players in this squad. Even if we can't play as a team, we could have at least showed some individual brilliance, but everything was just poor. Ihezuo for instance and yakubbu in that team are excellent players but there aren't many like them in the team. I believe aside the nff's poor preparation of the team, the blame should also go to the coach for his tactics in that game as well as his poor team selection.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
olapluto:

Why would coach want long balla to Ihezuo for 90 minutes when she was not upfront? Nigerian football has deteriorated of late. These kids do not have the technical awareness of the game and cannot be termed "professionals" by a moderate standard.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2016
I still believe to be honest but this coach is making it hard. Why bench the keeper and make no meaningful outfield changes. Anyhow 1 goal down 1st half.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:45am On Nov 16, 2016
Yes penarity hey penarity hey penarity!
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2016
1-1 Naija
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2016
Chai Ajibade missed a pass that could have made it 2-1 but great penalty by Uchendu, the hand ball was tough but the ref also missed a couple other for us.

Btw where is my guy who said we won't score a goal?
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:
Chai Ajibade missed a pass that could have made it 2-1 but great penalty by Uchendu, the hand ball was tough but the ref also missed a couple other for us.

Btw where is my guy who said we won't score a goal?
Scored a goal in open play yet?
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:03am On Nov 16, 2016
olapluto:
Lol so now na open play. If we win 6-1 by set piece u no go take am?
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2016
Yes we can. 2-1 for Naija
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2016
olapluto:
Was that open enough for u?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Meet Oluwatofunmi Fadesire 'Olu Strong': The Secret Of Nigeria’s Strongest Man / Wesley Sneijder Now Looks Twice His Size In New Photos / Lionel Messi With His Wife And Sons In Cute Family Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.