Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. (61012 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:11am On Nov 16, 2016
Must admit this keeper is good.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2016
This is not the same team that played Japan. Naija dominating 2-1.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2016
Ajibade has been the best player on the pitch but she is running out of gas we should have subbed her not Uchendu. Our keeper is such an actress.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:32am On Nov 16, 2016
3-1 Nigeria in complete control.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 11:34am On Nov 16, 2016
Impressive play by Nigeria. The team looks good, as they are stringing passes together. It might be too late though, even if they beat Spain and Canada, they still may not qualify.
Except we score 12 goals in the two games unreplied.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:51am On Nov 16, 2016
I just hope the world gets to see the tackle that this ref just let go.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 17, 2016
The Falconets only hope for qualification is to beat Spain, and hop that Canada hold Japan to a draw. I just don't see that Japanese team losing to Canada.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by kilo4sure: 1:49am On Nov 17, 2016
CFCman:
The Falconets only hope for qualification is to beat Spain, and hop that Canada hold Japan to a draw. I just don't see that Japanese team losing to Canada.
I don't even see them playing a draw with Canada.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2016
kilo4sure:

If we beat Spain 5-0, then we qualify. Anything less than that, then we rely on Canada to hold or beat Japan.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
olapluto:

If we beat Spain 5-0, then we qualify. Anything less than that, then we rely on Canada to hold or beat Japan.

Spain has plus 6 and we have minus 4. The only way to qualify is to win and hope Japan get held or win by 11 goals.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
kilo4sure:
I didn't see them losing to Spain either.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 12:10am On Nov 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Spain has plus 6 and we have minus 4. The only way to qualify is to win and hope Japan get held or win by 11 goals.
If we beat Spain by 5-0, then we both have same goal difference, and we qualify on head to head.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:34am On Nov 18, 2016
olapluto:

If we beat Spain by 5-0, then we both have same goal difference, and we qualify on head to head.

ok i get. Wrong math on my part.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 18, 2016
olapluto:

No way the Falconets are beating Spain by that score line cheesy
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 4:13am On Nov 18, 2016
We shall focus on the super falcons for now the falconets are out

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
Change title of thread to reflect super falcons on another AFCON glory run. This team is too powerful for Africa. Ngozi Ebere, Faith Ikidi is back. The front 3 of Oparanozie, Oshoala and Ordega will be too much for any team.
I heard Coach Rohr will be helping out in Cameroon too.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2016
Yep reports say Rohr will cut short his holidays to check on the Super Falcons in Cameroun.

And yep, you're just right. What else can I add?

What a squad! The only absentees from the World Cup team are Iniabasi Umotong, Courtney Dike (school ish), Josephine Chukwunonye, Precious Dede (retired), and who again? *thinking*

Rita Chikwelu is back and she's to skipper the team in Nwabuoku's absence. Great to see Halimatu Ayinde on the list. She didnt make the initial 30-woman list.

It's an awesome squad. Wish the Super Falcons the best in their quest to hit "la decima" smiley

olapluto:
Change title of thread to reflect super falcons on another AFCON glory run. This team is too powerful for Africa. Ngozi Ebere, Faith Ikidi is back. The front 3 of Oparanozie, Oshoala and Ordega will be too much for any team.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Yep reports say Rohr will cut short his holidays to check on the Super Falcons in Cameroun.

And yep, you're just right. What else can I add?

What a squad! The only absentees from the World Cup team are Iniabasi Umotong, Courtney Dike (school ish), Josephine Chukwunonye, Precious Dede (retired), and who again? *thinking*

Rita Chikwelu is back and she's to skipper the team in Nwabuoku's absence. Great to see Halimatu Ayinde on the list. She didnt make the initial 30-woman list.

It's an awesome squad. Wish the Super Falcons the best in their quest to hit "la decima" smiley

riri chikwelu is the new captain?i though it was osinachi ohale cos she was the deputy
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ohale is still "deputy" smiley

Chikwelu is captain.

enomakos:
riri chikwelu is the new captain?i though it was osinachi ohale cos she was the deputy
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
NIGERIA'S FALCONETS AIM TO SHOCK HIGH-
FLYING SPAIN

Nigeria coach Peter Dedevbo has said his team
will need to toughen up to beat group leaders
Spain on Sunday to stay alive in the FIFA U20
women’s World Cup.

The Falconets confront Spain on Sunday (starting from 7am Nigeria time).

Nigeria need to win while hoping that Japan do
not get a win against Canada in the other match
of Group B.

While banking on divine intervention for victory
against Spain, Dedevbo said he will embark on a
total make –over for the all –important encounter on Sunday.

“To progress in this tournament, we need to
toughen up for the last match against Spain and I believe that God will grant us success,” said the coach.

Spain no doubt is a good team, they defeated
Japan, a team who scored six goals against us,
which means that we must step up our game.”

"We are going to work on all the departments of the team from defence to attack. The fact that we defeated Canada does not imply that the team is hundred percent compact.

"I am proud of how the girls were able to come
from behind to win the match. “

As reward for a courageous performance against Canada, in which the girls came from behind to win 3-1, the players were given a rest day on Thursday.

In place of the normal training sessions, the
Falconets were allowed to swim for one hour.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/664830/Nigerias-Falconets-aim-to-shock-high-flying-Spain

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2016
olapluto:

If any other country had a player like Uchechi Sunday she would be the face of the team, i feel she has been disrespected overlooked for the world cup, AAG and olympics. Now is time for her to lead the line, to me she is on the same level as Oshoala.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Ohale is still "deputy" smiley
Chikwelu is captain.
ok thanks man
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
You're most welcome Sir... smiley
Meanwhile Nwabuoku was replaced by Gloria Iroka of Rivers Angels.
enomakos:
ok thanks man

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

If any other country had a player like Uchechi Sunday she would be the face of the team, i feel she has been disrespected overlooked for the world cup, AAG and olympics. Now is time for her to lead the line, to me she is on the same level as Oshoala.
Also, her height (she's around 5'11- 6ft tall) would be an asset in attacking and defending set-pieces.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
olapluto:

Your arguments are flawed. Even if its 2 hours they spend in camp, the basics of football can still be instilled. They are professionals that play weekly in their clubs. Putting 3 passes together is not rocket science. The coach obviously tried to play long balls to Ihezuo for 90 minutes. Thats daft and very lazy. In the end, Rashidat Ajibade was turned to defensive midfielder and we were hoofing long balls to no one in particular. The players have been in camp for almost a month, and not 2 weeks as you said. Camp opened late september, and they had all of October to train.
I can also assure you Japan did not spend a year in camp.

Most Nigerians are bundles of illogicality. Even the adjudged best players in the world are still called to the camp in preparation for a pending tournament. If preparation is overrated one wonders while countries such as Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentine and France call up players to camp. Seriously, your plank of argument confirms the pitiable backwardness seen in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Duru1(m): 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
kilo4sure:

Exactly, just how prepared were the sets of 2012 or 2014? Preparation is good, and the style of play plus the good chemistry the Japanese showed indicates that they have been together for a long time, but still l maintain that it is obvious that just like the flamingoes, there may be very few gifted players in this squad. Even if we can't play as a team, we could have at least showed some individual brilliance, but everything was just poor. Ihezuo for instance and yakubbu in that team are excellent players but there aren't many like them in the team. I believe aside the nff's poor preparation of the team, the blame should also go to the coach for his tactics in that game as well as his poor team selection.

Most Nigerians are unjustifiably funny. You should have called up the sets of 2012 and 2014 to represent Nigeria in 2016. Or you should have clone them. Fact remains that human beings are different from each other with different set of skills. In any sport, preparation before any tournament is paramount.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2016
1-1 lets go there
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2016
Japan winning 1-0
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:49am On Nov 20, 2016
I see no way back for us with Japan winning 2-0. Our girls are playing good sha.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2016
2-1 naija.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:36am On Nov 20, 2016
We need to win by 5 clear goals and we have missed 2 sitters.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:47am On Nov 20, 2016
I will keep saying this, female football is racist as hell. We just got a red card for nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

7 Atletico Madrid Players Ran Back To Defend Counter Attack In UCL(Photos / 5 Footballers You Never Knew Have Killed Before / Ronaldo Reacts To Hat-trick Against Tottenham Hotspur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.