Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,023 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do (2401 Views)

In Need Of A Business I Can Start With Two Million Naira / Who's Got A Sharp And Lucrative Business I Can Invest 100k On / Please Help Suggest A Business I Can Venture Into With 1.2million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
i don't even know if to post this in business section or investment or phone, but im a phone section guy cheesy so it just better to feel at home

okay wasting no time

there is a new phone brand in china, so new they have just one brand of phone and and one in works(already announced) and a third rumored phone.

the phone the currently have on sale offer great specifications for such a low price which i'm very convinced would beat competition hands down here in Nigeria. so i thought of buying their phone and reselling here in Nigeria. but i will keep the brand name and pictures to myself because of people ready to plagiarize me.

a round-up of the specs are
- 2gb ram
- 16gb rom
- android 5.1 lollipop
- fingerprint reader
- 5.5 inch 1280*720 pixels HD screen
- 2g/3g dual sim network
- 13mp rear, 5mp front camera with dual tone flash
- mediatek MT6735 64-bit Quad-core proccesor
- Li-Po 2850mAh battery

and the phone looks really really good, its sides took from iPhone 6 and galaxy s6 designs, if you know what i mean...

the phone goes for approximately N33,000 but i wish to resell it at N35,000(just 2k profit on each phone) if i should buy about 30(thirty) phones for a start, it should cost me N1,050,000 in words "one million, fifty thousand naira" and i swear im just another broke student whey no get kobo.

so now i need advice on - does it look like a good business?
. - how do i get capital? funds? money to start?
. - would you buy the phone? (for my phone section guys smiley )
. - any other special advice you can offer
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
mods please help out here
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by moubba(m): 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
Why not buy like 8 first? See maybe people would buy. My two cents tho
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 19, 2015
moubba:
Why not buy like 8 first? See maybe people would buy. My two cents tho
is 8 not too small?
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Dygeasy(m): 4:11am On Jun 19, 2015
runzlord:

is 8 not too small?
No. For a wise businessman.

3 Likes

Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 19, 2015
I will advise u buy 1 first to have a first hand experience of the phone,create a review about the phone so as to avoid one chance and stimulate consumer prospect interest.
When you have successfully entice and persuade ur targeted market,orders will begin to roll in.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by moubba(m): 9:33am On Jun 19, 2015
runzlord:

is 8 not too small?
so what if you buy 30 and pple aint interested? Try 3 first sef

3 Likes

Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Neduzze5(m): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2015
moubba:
so what if you buy 30 and pple aint interested? Try 3 first sef

Infact, he should buy one first. To tell you the truth, China phones are quite largely of "low" quality. If the screen doesn't break, the speaker phone will stop working etc.

The best thing to do is to buy one, make use of it for at least a month and use it quite roughly so as to know if it can last quite well here in Naija.

If it lasts for more than a month, then you can move forward and get any number you'd want to.

I won't want to recall my experience with a China phone...!!

1 Like

Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by moubba(m): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2015
Neduzze5:

Infact, he should buy one first. To tell you the truth, China phones are quite largely of "low" quality. If the screen doesn't break, the speaker phone will stop working etc.

The best thing to do is to buy one, make use of it for at least a month and use it quite roughly so as to know if it can last quite well here in Naija.

If it lasts for more than a month, then you can move forward and get any number you'd want to.

abi jawe...but why can't he just start the importation business?
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by timbros(m): 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
Neduzze5:

@runzlord

I know the phone you are talking about. I saw the specs and its wow! They have a 7inch tab too. If not that I bought 2 InnJoo ONE in the just concluded Jumia Megathon flash sales, I would have ordered for this phone.

However the post I quoted above is the best advice I can give you. Buy one first and use it. Your experience will ginger you to invest more money, and the advantage is that you can convince buyers based on personal experience.

With you the best.
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
idokojerry:
I will advise u buy 1 first to have a first hand experience of the phone,create a review about the phone so as to avoid one chance and stimulate consumer prospect interest.
When you have successfully entice and persuade ur targeted market,orders will begin to roll in.
Goodluck.
timbros:

@runzlord

I know the phone you are talking about. I saw the specs and its wow! They have a 7inch tab too. If not that I bought 2 InnJoo ONE in the just concluded Jumia Megathon flash sales, I would have ordered for this phone.

However the post I quoted above is the best advice I can give you. Buy one first and use it. Your experience will ginger you to invest more money, and the advantage is that you can convince buyers based on personal experience.

With you the best.

ive seen the phone review on top popular sites like phonearena so im very sure its quality build
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by OCTAVO: 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
runzlord:

ive seen the phone review on top popular sites like phonearena so im very sure its quality build
Don't be too sure of what you've not personally used. You may take note of other minute details some people didn't even notice. I know what I'm saying.
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by OCTAVO: 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
Dygeasy:
No. For a wise businessman.
Exactly! @OP, you can try with one or two first. In business, you don't test the depth of a river with both feet.
Importing 30pcs may likely be a great disaster! Do not put all your eggs in one basket. Why do you think most of the guys selling phones on Nairaland largely do pre-order deals? It's because they don't want to commit their cash by tying down money.
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by timbros(m): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
runzlord:

Still, commiting such large amount of cash into a new phone brand is way too high a risk to take.

Forget the reviews for now. You need to consider this: Does your potential customers all know about these reviews? Will you really convince them just merely by reviews you read online?

Don't forget the power of brand name. It will be easier for you to market a new phone model of any popular brand like Samsung, LG, Infinix, InnJoo, even Tecno more than a NEW PHONE COMPANY who have just one model in the market. Naturally people will be skeptical. But when you base your conviction on PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, your success rate will be high.

Just my 2 cent.

3 Likes

Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
runzlord:

Ok. Go with like 10pcs or what your capital can obtain at the moment,then watch and observe the demand of your product.
By so doing,you are building a foundation on which your brand will grow on.
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by 400billionman: 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
runzlord:
i don't even know if to post this in business section or investment or phone, but im a phone section guy cheesy so it just better to feel at home

okay wasting no time

there is a new phone brand in china, so new they have just one brand of phone and and one in works(already announced) and a third rumored phone.

the phone the currently have on sale offer great specifications for such a low price which i'm very convinced would beat competition hands down here in Nigeria. so i thought of buying their phone and reselling here in Nigeria. but i will keep the brand name and pictures to myself because of people ready to plagiarize me.

- 2gb ram
- 16gb rom
- android 5.1 lollipop
- fingerprint reader
- 2g/3g dual sim network
- Li-Po 2850mAh battery

and the phone looks really really good, its sides took from iPhone 6 and galaxy s6 designs, if you know what i mean...

the phone goes for approximately N33,000 but i wish to resell it at N35,000(just 2k profit on each phone) if i should buy about 30(thirty) phones for a start, it should cost me N1,050,000 in words "one million, fifty thousand naira" and i swear im just another broke student whey no get kobo.

N2,000 on an investment of N33,000 is not business.

Think twice.
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by OCTAVO: 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
400billionman:

Think twice.
I'll gladly invest 33k and get 2k profit if there's a sure market. 2k everyday on 33k is 60k in a month. It's surely a question of demand.
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 20, 2015
400billionman:

Think twice.
what do you mean? you dont expect me to sell it 40k
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 20, 2015
idokojerry:

Ok. Go with like 10pcs or what your capital can obtain at the moment,then watch and observe the demand of your product.
By so doing,you are building a foundation on which your brand will grow on.
timbros:

Still, commiting such large amount of cash into a new phone brand is way too high a risk to take.
Forget the reviews for now. You need to consider this: Does your potential customers all know about these reviews? Will you really convince them just merely by reviews you read online?
Don't forget the power of brand name. It will be easier for you to market a new phone model of any popular brand like Samsung, LG, Infinix, InnJoo, even Tecno more than a NEW PHONE COMPANY who have just one model in the market. Naturally people will be skeptical. But when you base your conviction on PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, your success rate will be high.
Just my 2 cent.
OCTAVO:

Don't be too sure of what you've not personally used. You may take note of other minute details some people didn't even notice. I know what I'm saying.

thanks alot guys, you were of much help! very much help! now its time to go look for capital.
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by 400billionman: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2015
runzlord:

what do you mean? you dont expect me to sell it 40k

You said, New phone brand.

I want you to make money but not mistakes..
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by 400billionman: 9:13am On Jun 20, 2015
OCTAVO:

I'll gladly invest 33k and get 2k profit if there's a sure market. 2k everyday on 33k is 60k in a month. It's surely a question of demand.

This is IF you sell one daily..

Analysis on 33k. How many buyers can afford 33k for a phone ? It is obvious this might be the posters first time to venture into business and he wants to start with a new brand and product. Do you know what that means ?

1. The brand might be a market failure.

2. The phone model may have defects.

3. There are no reviews on this phone.

4. People who consult online resources before buying items may never buy this phone.

5. Poster is seeking for capital which will attract interest charges.

6. Poster is new in phone retailing business(no prior experience)

7. Business capital is huge ( Above N1m)

8. A very little percentage of phone buyers can afford 33k for one phone

Let the poster buy one and test use it first before buying 30 pieces.
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by timbros(m): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2015
runzlord:

thanks alot guys, you were of much help! very much help! now its time to go look for capital.

You're welcome Bro.

400billionman has a point. The average Nigerian phone user won't find it easy to dish out more than 30k for an unknown phone brand.

Call me greedy but I can't invest above 1m for 60k profit. That's too poor for my expectation.
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by OCTAVO: 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
400billionman:

Analysis on 33k. How many buyers can afford 33k for a phone ? It is obvious this might be the posters first time to venture into business and he wants to start with a new brand and product. Do you know what that means ?

4. People who consult online resources before buying items may never buy this phone.

My own point wasn't in line with the OP's business idea. Was only talking about other fast selling commodity.
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by AbuMikey(m): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
60K Profit on a 1Million capital business?
Waste of Time!!!!!!
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
AbuMikey:

Waste of Time!!!!!!
what do you advise?
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by 400billionman: 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
AbuMikey:

Waste of Time!!!!!!

Equivalent to charges on a monthly Overdraft..
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 21, 2015
AbuMikey:
Waste of Time!!!!!!
400billionman:

Equivalent to charges on a monthly Overdraft..

begining to get discoraged tho
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by ultrazone(m): 1:37am On Jun 21, 2015
mm
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by AbuMikey(m): 6:51am On Jun 21, 2015
runzlord:
what do you advise?
Look for a more profitable venture
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
OCTAVO:

My own point wasn't in line with the OP's business idea. Was only talking about other fast selling commodity.
400billionman:

AbuMikey:

Look for a more profitable venture
ok. so i contacted the company directly (the name is Oukitel) and here is what they said

me: Do you deal with international distributors directly or I will have to buy at retail price online?
OUKITEL: Yes, we deal with international distributors directly.

me: If yes, do I need to meet any standards or pay for any license
OUKITEL: For overseas, we need powerful distributors, no need license. Just get more market share.

me: If I’m to buy from you directly, will I get discounts?
OUKITEL: Certainly, you will get our distribute price. It's a big discounts from online retail price.

me: do I pay for shipping or its free?
OUKITEl: for the smample, we will charge DHL fee of you. Big quantity order, we would suggest you have your own Agent in HK or Shenzhen, it's much cheaper for the cost.

ok. so we are free to say like 10k profit or 15k

make una say something nah
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Good day and thanks for your mail.

We do deal with international distribution directly and we also have some requirements for the distributors.

We believed that a better understanding of your company can facilitate our communication onward.
So, please feel free to tell us more about your company first. (e.g. company background, existing partnership, distribution channel etc.)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

BEST REGARDS!
Lyla Yang
Overseas sales
Sales&Marketing Center Overseas Marketing Dept.

that was from meizu, i dont have a company yet. help! i really want to make this a reality
Re: Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do by afanide: 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
runzlord:

okay wasting no time

- 2gb ram
- 16gb rom
- android 5.1 lollipop
- fingerprint reader
- 2g/3g dual sim network
- Li-Po 2850mAh battery

YOU CAN START IMPORTATION BUSINESS.

To be sincere with you, phones are difficult to sell mostly these newly released phones with has not gained market relevance.

There are so many things you can Import and sell immediately without wasting much time even if you want to sell on Jumia, Konga, Kaymu.

And most Importantly, where you get this products matters alot. Here is the list of Items and where to source for these items cheaply http://www.smartinternetbiz.pw/nath.htm

Whatsapp/call
Nath, Port-Harcourt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Canada! Canada! Canadian Embassy Don Hama From Our Mumu! / Owners Of POS Shops/stands Come In And Share Experience / Youwin Business Competition 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.