Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule (2969 Views)

Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs / We’ll Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In India-pro-biafra Activists / Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by tamme: 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2009
angry Nigerian men have turned this country upside down, they have ruled this country for the last 50 years and they have done absolutely rubbish,
they spoil our image abroad, from yahoo, yahoo to drug trafficking, destroying our beautiful countrys image especially done by IGBO and YORUBA men

Its time for Nigerian women to rule, jst look @ the human resources we have produced

Dora Akinyuli- the great, very loyal and honest
Diana wiwa
Margeret ekpo
Alaere Alaibe
Oby ekzweli
Ngozi Ikonjo

this is more prove for Nigerian women to rule

dont get is twisted I love my Nigerian men but they havent been making me happy at all, chei see how they have spoilt our image in the united states especially in houston
cry
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by Jarus(m): 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2009
Why did you omit Iyabo Obasanjo, our hair dresser speaker and Professor Grange?

More seriously, the problem with Nigeria has no gender. The women are as bad as the men.
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by tamme: 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2009
pls but 90% of the negatives activities done in this country are done by Nigerian men

from Ibori
Abacha
Odili
Orji Kalu
Alam
IBB
OBJ
yahoo yahoo boys dey don reach one million

chei dey plenty
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by SeanT21(f): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2009
Hey,Yall should have a Nigerian Ellen Johnson Sirleaf!!

Haha~~ wink
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by Afaukwu: 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
tamme:

angry Nigerian men have turned this country upside down, they have ruled this country for the last 50 years and they have done absolutely rubbish,
they spoil our image abroad, from yahoo, yahoo to drug trafficking, destroying our beautiful countrys image especially done by IGBO and YORUBA men

Its time for Nigerian women to rule, jst look @ the human resources we have produced

Dora Akinyuli- the great, very loyal and honest
Diana wiwa
Alaere Alaibe She is dead already aor do you want to be ruled by her ghost?
Oby ekzweli
Ngozi Ikonjo

this is more prove for Nigerian women to rule

dont get is twisted I love my Nigerian men but they havent been making me happy at all, chei see how they have spoilt our image in the united states especially in houston

Alaere Alaibe: She is dead already, or do you want to be ruled by her ghost?
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by strangleyo: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2009
Nigerians won't vote for a woman. Nigerians select a woman. We are FAAAAAAR to backwards to even think of a woman commanding our military. Hahaha.
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by ikeyman00(m): 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2009
we all know what the wahala is. this got nothin to do with women! etiaba was there, iyabo obj was there; so what not

i should rule,

my 20 point agenda number 5 ibb, and co must pay back half of their fortunes: putin style, we will all die at some point but trust someone must give way!
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by ijawgirl: 11:50pm On Feb 24, 2009
lol
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by realcele: 11:54pm On Feb 24, 2009
you campaign for women to take the lead in Nigeria fine but if because the men were bad am out of the game. Because for every man that ruled the women ruled also. What makes a everyone bad is attitude and mind set not gender.

When i was younger my mates complain about the bad state of the government and how bad elders are now the same people mourning yesterday are in power and doing worst their what their parents did even with enlightment.

To answer you questions Women have always rule. Maybe your questions should be more to do with good leaders with good human rights and not rulers. If you are a woman and you were give oppotunity to rule as you said am sure you will do worst that these men. The governor, commissioners etc of today are complaining years ago when they are not in power and now they are in power they are enrishing their family in excess.
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by tamme: 1:10am On Feb 25, 2009
change!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by alex406(m): 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2009
Dont Mind them Tamme,its because you are still sleeping.
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by chuckvyl(m): 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2009
It will be very difficult in a place like Nigeria.I don't really see Liberia as true blooded African nation coz a good number of them were repatriated from America,so they wouldn't have the mindset of most Africans.That explains the reason why a woman is their president.
@Poster:you got it all wrong,Nigeria needs a LEADER and not a RULER.
Traditionally in Africa women do not lead nor rule.That's the bitter truth but you have to accept it.
I can't imagine 100 million Nigerians voting a woman into power.Think about the North were women are more or less like slaves.You think the North would let a woman lead this country?
It is utterly impossible here.
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by Fhemmmy: 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2009
Is there any law in Nigeria that prevents them from contesting? i dont think so, so let them contest, and i am sure people will vote for them.
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by chuckvyl(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2009
@Fhemmmy
it is a different thing to be voted for and another thing to win.Nigerian politics is too dirty for a woman to handle.She will gossip away classified information to her fellow mates.
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by Fhemmmy: 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2009
chuckvyl:

@Fhemmmy
it is a different thing to be voted for and another thing to win.Nigerian politics is too dirty for a woman to handle.She will gossip away classified information to her fellow mates.

i agree with you, but at least let them show interest by applying first and if we go help them go mago mago, that is another story entirely.
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by chukxy44(m): 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2009
If we got this far after 50 years of men bein in power I don't think 4 years given to the females would do us much harm, beside how bad can it get, we have seen the worst of it. ( MY personal opion)
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by Fhemmmy: 5:22pm On Feb 25, 2009
chukxy44:

If we got this far after 50 years of men bein in power I don't think 4 years given to the females would do us much harm, beside how bad can it get, we have seen the worst of it. ( MY personal opion)

I get some funny body reaction when i read something from people about giving people a chance to rule, at least let the person contest now, haba, it is called Demon"crazy, so let the person raise her hand up that she is now willing to demostrate that she wanna be crazy as well, and then we can vote for her, if she no win, then, he can come and see us in chamber and we will discuss how to mago mago for her.
Yeye nation
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by cvibe: 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2009
Tamme,

You're not expecting power to just drop on their laps are you?
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2009
cvibe:

Tamme,

You're not expecting power to just drop on their laps are you?

that seems to be what she expected.
She expect a national broadcast that Nigerian women will be running for election and all the men should not contest.
Nigerian expectation
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by MrCrackles(m): 12:55am On Feb 26, 2009
Bleep-You:

Women Rule naija? God forbid bad thing!

How can Naija men bow down to a woman as our oga patapata?

Imagine we would be discussing about going to war and she is worried about her period or menses and mood swings?

Imagine the president being ravished from the back by one of her loyal subjects? How humilating and condescending!

A woman shouldnt even smell the post of deputy speaker talkless of Vice president. They should rule in the kitchen where they rightly belong!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Chei, hell fire has rained on NL today! grin
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by kelvinO(m): 10:17am On Feb 26, 2009
God created man to be the head over the woman, he said you should protect her, not make her your head.
the woman is an helper to the man. and not to govern the man
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by MrCrackles(m): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2009
Poster

It will be a good idea if you lead the way down to Aso Rock, forcefully eject Yar'Adunce and stop blabbing your wide mouth on the internet!
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by PurestBoy(m): 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2009
@poster

How come you didn't include Madam Etteh in your list of the superwomen? It's she great after having spent 62million renovating a building at the expense of the taxpayers whom she was supposed to be serving
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2009
kelvinO:

God created man to be the head over the woman, he said you should protect her, not make her your head.

Which "god" is that and when did he whisper that to you? angry
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by enziga(m): 6:17pm On Feb 26, 2009
Bleep-You:

Imagine we would be discussing about going to war and she is worried about her period or menses and mood swings?

Imagine the president being ravished from the back by one of her loyal subjects? How humilating and condescending!

A woman shouldnt even smell the post of deputy speaker talkless of Vice president. They should rule in the kitchen where they rightly belong!

Omo bros u dey look for trouble o,
I go pray say make trouble no find u,
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by Fhemmmy: 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2009
kelvinO:

I can see some people are still living in the backward ages.
IF a woman has what it takes to lead, there is nothing wrong with it, however, it wont be given, they have to fight for it.
So i guess, you dont bank with a bank that has a woman as their CEO.
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by CrudeOil2(m): 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2009
Nigeria's problem is not gender specific. whether Man, Woman, we are all human beings.
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by TmeD0(m): 12:39am On Feb 27, 2009
chukxy44:

@ poster and chukxy44 above, last time I checked Naija got her indepence in October 1960 o! And going by isiro (Mathematics) Naija never even 49 yet how much more 50.  Una own come pass me o!  And as for the poster, the quote below sums up the same thought I had when I read your opening remarks.

MrCrackles:

Poster

It will be a good idea if you lead the way down to Aso Rock, forcefully eject Yar'Adunce and stop blabbing your wide mouth on the internet!

GBAM! Abi o!
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by Sammy107d(m): 5:05am On Feb 27, 2009
Bleep-You:

Oh hell! never read anything funnier cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 9:54am On Feb 27, 2009
A Woman president?? shocked angry

What next after that?? A handicapped president??

Abegi jare!! A woman cannot rule the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, period.
So far what have they contributed?? Dora Akunyili!! Lovely lady which I respect so much as NAFDAC leader, but as president?? Hells NO!!
Ekaette!! Bill to ban indecent dressing amongst our youth!! HELLS NO!!

Like someone rightly said, what happens when our president is going through one of her PMS's and declears a state of emergency in the entire Niger Delta??
Or what happens if she gets knocked up while in office??
We cant afford to start reading budget for make-up crew o!!

NIGERIAN women dont have what it takes to rule Naija yet!!

OKIJA_JUJUTM
Re: Nigerian Men Its Time To Step Down! Nigerian Women Should Rule by akpike: 10:01am On Feb 27, 2009
hiya.Yar'ADUNCE. I love that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara Aviation College - Taking Off This Year / George Kerley Responds To El Rufai's Rascally Rant / How Fear Of Japan Diminished Biafra – Nwokedi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.