Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba (15476 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures / Photos From The Obi Of Onitsha's Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 10:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
coolitempa:

go read why we struck.........only one was Yoruba - ademoyega and he was blackmailed....... cheesy

Ifeajuna and Nzeogwu, the so called masterminders of the Igbo coup by the Yoruba propaganda, were they Igbos or Binis? *grins*

Btw, you are yet to give me a list of the coup plotters.

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by HopeAtHand: 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
pazienza:

Uyo is growing rapidly, the Ibibios are new comers to the oil wealth ish, but they are already taking you lots to the cleaners. Uyo is now the Nigerian centre of excellent. They( Ibibios) have shown better management of resources than you lots. You should be learning from them.

You stopped being Igbo for economic reasons?

@bolded, i wish Abagworo saw this..this is shameful of you.

Who stopped being Igbo for economic reasons...i said we are not Igbos because we weren't treated as one back then.We dnt need Igbo brotherliness again..

So Nigeria should allow Igbos self determination and then Igbos should cling to Ikwerre..hypocrite.

We may not be on the same par with Igbos, but the future is bright..most assuredly!

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Who stopped being Igbo for economic reasons...i said we are not Igbos because we weren't treated as one back then.We dnt need Igbo brotherliness again..

So Nigeria should allow Igbos self determination and then Igbos should cling to Ikwerre..hypocrite.

We may not be on the same par with Igbos, but the future is bright..most assuredly!

So you allow people to decide your ethnicity? Lol! Other Igbos are not treating us fine, so we are no longer Igbos. Gowon made Ikwerre an ethnic group recognised by the Nigerian constitution, so we are now Ikwerre ethnic nationality.

People push you around, and you fall over wherever they push you, you have no sheer will of your own. You couldn't compete amongst the Igbos, so you chose to establish your own ethnic group, where you will face no competition? Lol!

No group of Igbos were more neglected than Ebonyians, yet they knew who they were, the easier option would have been to deny their Igbo identity or blame their slow start on other dominant Igbo groups. But they didn't, slowly they are picking themselves up, and forcing the rest of the Igbo nation to give them the respect they have earned. That's what it means to be Igbo, and that's what you lots lack. It's the competition that forces everyone and group to be the best of what ever they are,the weak gets marched on by the strong, weakness is not tolerated, and by striving to be better/ best, the whole community is edified, no weaklinks.

Btw, you are no longer boasting about Ikwerres being better of than Ndiigbo?

*grins*

5 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by HopeAtHand: 11:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
pazienza:

So you allow people to decide your ethnicity? Lol! Other Igbos are not treating us fine, so we are no longer Igbos. Gowon made Ikwerre an ethnic group recognised by the Nigerian constitution, so we are now Ikwerre ethnic nationality.

People push you around, and you fall over wherever they push you, you have no sheer will of your own. You couldn't compete amongst the Igbos, so you chose to establish your own ethnic group, where you will face no competition? Lol!

No group of Igbos were more neglected than Ebonyians, yet they knew who they were, the easier option would have been to deny their Igbo identity or blame their slow start on other dominant Igbo group, but they didn't, slowly they are picking themselves up, and forcing the rest of the Igbo nation to give them the respect they have earned. That's what it mean to be Igbo, and that's what you lots lack.

*grins*

This your writeup is petty, like very petty.

You no longer give exciting arguments and your analysis are too illiberal, narrow and parochial.

I take it that you're jaded, after a days work at Onitsha main market..pls go to bed.

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Scholes007(m): 12:00am On Jun 20, 2015
[size=25pt] Oge eruola Mgbe anyi ga akwusi ikwu otutu okwu...onye otutu okwu, anaghi Ama mgbe oji kwuhie uka. [/size] It is time we ignore some derogatory comments... [size=25pt] ka anyi gbawa zie nu egwu uche ma nwekwa ndidi n'ihi nkita nwere ndidi na ata okpukpu gbara aga [/size] what ever a man seeks comes with time accompanied by patience,determination,hard work,consistency and less boasting(unless you have to) ...this is the key principles of our culture we must preserve...

2 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Yeske2(m): 1:09am On Jun 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Ewu, go and eat grass..

Your people do not know anything about politics..Ikwerres saw an opportunity in the civil war fallout to further our desire for recognition as a separate people from Igbos and took it with both hands,.actually we grabbed the opportunity by the balls and squeezed it hard...If that is treachery to you, be my guest..

We are not complaining about anything, we have a very developed city by any parameter or indices used..we sit ontop our state as the Chairmen..we are also well placed..You make your own fate bruv, you make it.

As for Ibibios, sorry to say, they have a history of servitude..Who wouldn't love to have them around.

Cc:pazienza
Hmmm
I know your type, you only come up when there's a case about Ndigbo
Enjoy dear, i refuse to indulge you

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by coolitempa(f): 6:32am On Jun 20, 2015
pazienza:

Ifeajuna and Nzeogwu, the so called masterminders of the Igbo coup by the Yoruba propaganda, were they Igbos or Binis? *grins*

Btw, you are yet to give me a list of the coup plotters.

My friend.....Google is your friend... cheesy
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by abagoro(m): 6:40am On Jun 20, 2015
Scholes007:
[size=25pt] Oge eruola Mgbe anyi ga akwusi ikwu otutu okwu...onye otutu okwu, anaghi Ama mgbe oji kwuhie uka. [/size] It is time we ignore some derogatory comments... [size=25pt] ka anyi gbawa zie nu egwu uche ma nwekwa ndidi n'ihi nkita nwere ndidi na ata okpukpu gbara aga [/size] what ever a man seeks comes with time accompanied by patience,determination,hard work,consistency and less boasting(unless you have to) ...this is the key principles of our culture we must preserve...

One of the few Igbos that know whats up.
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 20, 2015
emekachimek:

They are not. I've never even seen them as one. Being Igbo is genetic, and not regional or language orientation. Your ability to speak Igbo language doesn't make you Igbo. Pls stop calling them Igbo. Themselves don't even want to be regarded as Igbo. So, to your tents o' Israel

This is a Yoruba man. SE and SS be mindful!
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by abagoro(m): 6:49am On Jun 20, 2015
pazienza:

No group of Igbos were more neglected than Ebonyians, yet they knew who they were, the easier option would have been to deny their Igbo identity or blame their slow start on other dominant Igbo groups. But they didn't, slowly they are picking themselves up, and forcing the rest of the Igbo nation to give them the respect they have earned. That's what it means to be Igbo, and that's what you lots lack. It's the competition that forces everyone and group to be the best of what ever they are,the weak gets marched on by the strong, weakness is not tolerated, and by striving to be better/ best, the whole community is edified, no weaklinks.

*grins*

Inside Igboland there exists a deeper Igbo that unites against smaller units. That is the major reason why sometimes question of the true Igbo identity often comes to play. Take a look at Abia State where these deeper Igbos ganged up to deny Ngwa, Ndoki or Asa from producing Governor. The same people have been ruling and when eventually it was concluded to produce Ngwa, an Aro man was brought forth to replace him. Ngwas held meeting with other Igbos to reach a compromise on candidature but they claimed no Ngwa man is worthy to be Governor.

Ikwerres did well to gain separate identity to protect themselves from the deeper Igbo gang up. A situation where they outnumber you in your land and then want to determine your King and how you live. That is very unfair.
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by phyllosilicate(m): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2015
pazienza:

*grins*

I am no Igbo Though I agree with you, but the 'core' Igbos should stop acting like some people are more igbo than others. Nobody like to be treated less than others. I have Igbo friends, the rest from south east call themselves igbos (I don't even know their state), but they call the igbo from delta, delta igbo.

I think this is what the monarch is saying, Ndiigbo should work hard in stopping the discrimination, then I think they would then be proud to call themselves igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 7:58am On Jun 20, 2015
abagoro:

Inside Igboland there exists a deeper Igbo that unites against smaller units. That is the major reason why sometimes question of the true Igbo identity often comes to play. Take a look at Abia State where these deeper Igbos ganged up to deny Ngwa, Ndoki or Asa from producing Governor. The same people have been ruling and when eventually it was concluded to produce Ngwa, an Aro man was brought forth to replace him. Ngwas held meeting with other Igbos to reach a compromise on candidature but they claimed no Ngwa man is worthy to be Governor.

Ikwerres did well to gain separate identity to protect themselves from the deeper Igbo gang up. A situation where they outnumber you in your land and then want to determine your King and how you live. That is very unfair.

You are not making any sense!

Ikpeazu was picked by T.A, who himself was an Umuahia man, so where exactly is the gang up you are speaking of?

Ikpeazu was rejected by other Abia groups, not because he was Ngwa, but because Abians didn't want to have anything to do with T.A.
Most average Abians were not even aware of Oti's Aro ancestry, many just saw him as an independent man who had risen as a challenger to T.A's protege, Ikpeazu.

It was T.A that used the Ngwa-Ohuhu division to divide Abia and get his way.

Who exactly are the deeper Igbos that Unites against the rest?
Abia North is made up of different groups of Igbos who only identity with their immediate clan. An Isuochi man does not see an Igbere Governor as his governor, he doesn't belong to the same Igbo group as the Igbere man, same for the Ohafia, Aro and Isuikwuato, each of these groups are smaller than Ngwas and are even independent of each other.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 8:06am On Jun 20, 2015
Abia North is an artificial entity with many Igbo sub groups independent of Each other.

Orji Kalu from Abia North handed over to T.A from Abia central, now T.A from Abia central has handed over to Ikpeazu from Abia south. Ikpeazu was made governor by the sheer will of T.A.

Abia governorship has been rotational, so what gang up are you speaking of. You are just another shameless Igbophobic individual.

You forget that even within the Abia south Axis, there are still some Ukwa( Asa and Ndoki) elements that believes that they are being marginalised and used by the Ngwas and would seek independent existence outside the Ngwa domain ie Abia south.
Some of them don't consider Ikpeazu their candidate, but rather an Ngwa candidate, and are still agitating for an Ukwa governor.

The competitions in Igboland amongst groups are stiff, don't come here to speak on issues you know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 20, 2015
Very useless comment coming from you, Is Otti not an Ngwa man? They migrated from Arochukwu over 200 years ago to their present home in IsialaNgwa and today the crime he committed is vying for the post of governorship in his home state. I am so disappointed in your write up
abagoro:

2 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 8:17am On Jun 20, 2015
I know that when you speak of deeper Igbo gang up, your mind is heading towards Anambra. But let me put it to you, that Nzimiro who became the mayor of PH city to the anger of Ikwerres was not an Anambra man, he was an Oguta man, Oguta is part of the greater Anioma and I suppose Niger delta.

And there is no time in history when Ndiigbo tried to force kings on other groups.

What moral right exactly does the Ikwerres have to condemn the supposed Igbo domination of PH?

Ever since the Ijaws were sent to Bayelsa, Ikwerres had seized the leadership of Rivers state by the jugular, with no respect or sensitivity whatsoever to other smaller groups in the state. Since the return of democracy, Ikwerres have produced in quick succession, three Ikwerre governors of Rivers state, with no concern for smaller groups like Degema, Andoni,etc.

Ikwerre is gradually repeating the impunity the Ijaws did in the old Rivers state.

Ikwerres are better of on their own? well it would appear the Igbos are equally better of without Ikwerres.

Check this out: https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 20, 2015
Abagworo really messed up in the write,eche m na oma ihe, ugwu m na enye ya agwula
pazienza:

You are not making any sense!

Ikpeazu was picked by T.A, who himself was an Umuahia man, so where exactly is the gang up you are speaking of?

Ikpeazu was rejected by other Abia groups, not because he was Ngwa, but because Abians didn't want to have anything to do with T.A.
Most average Abians were not even aware of Oti's Aro ancestry, many just saw him as an independent man who had risen as a challenger to T.A's protege, Ikpeazu.

It was T.A that used the Ngwa-Ohuhu division to divide Abia and get his way.

Who exactly are the deeper Igbos that Unites against the rest?
Abia North is made up of different groups of Igbos who only identity with their immediate clan. An Isuochi man does not see an Igbere Governor as his governor, he doesn't belong to the same Igbo group as the Igbere man, same for the Ohafia, Aro and Isuikwuato, each of these groups are smaller than Ngwas and are even independent of each other.

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Abagworo really messed up in the write,eche m na oma ihe, ugwu m na enye ya agwula

Abagworo abughi onye Igbo. Obughi taa kam choputara, kemgbe 2011 kam matara. Kama o mara history Ndi Igbo ofuma, anam eche na Ikwu nne ya di na Ani Igbo, mana be Nna ya, abughi ani Igbo, Nkaa doro m Anya. Ya bu nwoke etozughi inye nsopuru ma obu ugwu.

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 8:48am On Jun 20, 2015
phyllosilicate:

I am no Igbo Though I agree with you, but the 'core' Igbos should stop acting like some people are more igbo than others. Nobody like to be treated less than others. I have Igbo friends, the rest from south east call themselves igbos (I don't even know their state), but they call the igbo from delta, delta igbo.

I think this is what the monarch is saying, Ndiigbo should work hard in stopping the discrimination, then I think they would then be proud to call themselves igbo.

The discrimination is meant to spur you into actions that would prove to other groups that you are their equal.

In the Idemili region, there was a time Onitsha people were the most educated around the area, and so they looked down on the rest of Idemili people as uncivilized people, those days, most government offices in Idemili were manned by Onitsha indigenes as they were those who could read, write and speak English.

The Onitshas started having this imaginary feelings of superiority over the rest of Idemili, their( onitsha) catch phrase then was " Onitsha ana n' iyi", meaning that an Onitsha man is always useful.

Most Idemili towns didn't go and start wallowing in self pity and maybe blame the onitsha man for their woes. instead they picked the gauntlet that Onitsha was throwing at them.

Most towns went into community taxations, raised money and sent their best brains to school under community sponsored scholarship schemes, after some decades of such schemes, they had already equalled and even surpassed Onitsha in the number of intellectuals and educated citizens.

Onitsha challenge forced many Idemili communities into Education, in the end, both the Onitsha and Idemili areas are better for it. This is how we intend to build an Igbo nation, no room for weaklings and weaklinks. If your fellow Igbo group demeans your group, prove him wrong by spurring your group to better the achievements of the demeaning group. In the end we will all be better for it.

Never again will an Onitsha man demean an Idemili man, not when we have produced the likes of Achebe.

This is the spirit of the Igbo nation, weaker groups that can't man up and pick the gauntlet being thrown at them always seek for the easy way out, which is declaration of separate ethnicity and stupid shout of domination, even when they themselves are not better in carrying everyone along, as we have seen with Ikwerre and the way they now treat smaller ethnic groups in Rivers state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by freshvine(f): 8:49am On Jun 20, 2015
pazienza:
I know that when you speak of deeper Igbo gang up, your mind is heading towards Anambra. But let me put it to you, that Nzimiro who became the mayor of PH city to the anger of Ikwerres was not an Anambra man, he was an Oguta man, Oguta is part of the greater Anioma and I suppose Niger delta.

And there is no time in history when Ndiigbo tried to force kings on other groups.

What moral right exactly does the Ikwerres have to condemn the supposed Igbo domination of PH?

Ever since the Ijaws were sent to Bayelsa, Ikwerres had seized the leadership of Rivers state by the jugular, with no respect or sensitivity whatsoever to other smaller groups in the state. Since the return of democracy, Ikwerres have produced in quick succession, three Ikwerre governors of Rivers state, with no concern for smaller groups like Degema, Andoni,etc.

Ikwerre is gradually repeating the impunity the Ijaws did in the old Rivers state.

Ikwerres are better of on their own? well it would appear the Igbos are equally better of without Ikwerres.

Check this out: https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

Your intellect and knowledge is reverberating this blogosphere like a whirlwind

2 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by freshvine(f): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2015
pazienza:

Abagworo abughi onye Igbo. Obughi taa kam choputara, kemgbe 2011 kam matara. Kama o mara history Ndi Igbo ofuma, anam eche na Ikwu nne ya di na Ani Igbo, mana be Nna ya, abughi ani Igbo, Nkaa doro m Anya. Ya bu nwoke etozughi inye nsopuru ma obu ugwu.
Killer punch

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Abagworo(m): 9:30am On Jun 20, 2015
pazienza:

The truth is always a problem for Igbos to accept. When I wrote gang up against Ngwa I put my points clear that Aro is part of the Igbo gangs. The Nzimiro man was an Aro in Oguta. Onyeka Onwenu's father who equaly mayored Port Harcourt was also an Aro man. Aro, Nkwerre, Old Bende, Orlu+much of Imo and much of Anambra are the deeper Igbos even though they have there differences. Enter any market and take census of Igbo traders there and 95% will come from that enclave. They are called Isoma by Ikwerre, Ohaji, Ngor, Etche and other Southern Igbos. They are called "onye Igbo" by Oguta, Onitsha, Agbo and other Western Igbos while they are called Ohuhu by Ngwa and Njekebe by Northeastern Igbos.
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 20, 2015
Asikwa m
pazienza:

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 10:29am On Jun 20, 2015
Abagworo:

The truth is always a problem for Igbos to accept. When I wrote gang up against Ngwa I put my points clear that Aro is part of the Igbo gangs. The Nzimiro man was an Aro in Oguta. Onyeka Onwenu's father who equaly mayored Port Harcourt was also an Aro man. Aro, Nkwerre, Old Bende, Orlu+much of Imo and much of Anambra are the deeper Igbos even though they have there differences. Enter any market and take census of Igbo traders there and 95% will come from that enclave. They are called Isoma by Ikwerre, Ohaji, Ngor, Etche and other Southern Igbos. They are called "onye Igbo" by Oguta, Onitsha, Agbo and other Western Igbos while they are called Ohuhu by Ngwa and Njekebe by Northeastern Igbos.

No, the truth is that non Igbos like you who come online to claim Igbo and create enemity amongst Ndiigbo have no truth whatsoever to offer.

Ikwerre people called their nearest Igbo neighbors in Abia and Imo Isoma, they never had direct interaction with Anambra people before Nigeria, so I doubt how that Isoma term applies to an Anambra man.

Every Igbo group had a name for their neighbouring Igbo group. Your attempt to create an impression of a gang up is a total failure, considering that Zik was from Onitsha, an area you listed as not being part of the gang up, and yet he ruled the whole of Igboland, and Asika another Onitsha man ruled also the East, Akanu Ibiam supposedly from an area away from your Imaginary gang up was also a prominent figure in the early days of the Igbo union. And yet I can't remember one prominent Igbo leader of Idemili origin in those days, even now.

You simply have no point! And as a non Igbo, I would expect you to stop speaking on Igbo issues since it's obvious you have an Igbophobic agenda and worst still no grasp of the sociopolitical history of Igbo groups.

There was no gang up against the Ngwa man in Abia, how can that be, when those who sought to foist an Ngwa governor were themselves non Ngwas, ie T.A and his gangs!

The Aro issue is a constant in almost all parts of Igboland, the Aros are stationed throughout almost all parts of Igboland, that almost everyone now see them as Integral members of the communities they are settled on. Your attempt at creating an Aro agenda inside a wider Igbo gang up, is baseless.

4 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Asikwa m

His modus operandi is to pitch Igbo groups against each other. I had picked this Igbophobic trait of his as Early as 2011, and had called him out as a non Igbo then.

But over the years that followed, he seem to have toned down on his Igbophobic utterances and Igbo division tactics, so I let him be. But you know what Ndiigbo said about curing a madman of his sickness? It's never complete. His Igbophobic nature keeps on springing up from time to time.
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Macelliot(m): 10:38am On Jun 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Pazienza, quit argueing with this guy..
We don't need Ikwerre brotherliness..
I wonder who brought up this Ikwerre issue here..

Pls, get off this thread..
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by HopeAtHand: 10:54am On Jun 20, 2015
Macelliot:

Pazienza, quit argueing with this guy..
We don't need Ikwerre brotherliness..
I wonder who brought up this Ikwerre issue here..

Pls, get off this thread..

Pazienza did not bring Ikwerre into this thread..i did..what can you do about it..absolutely nothing, with emphasis.

The Obi or whatever of Asaba encroached into my territory when he suggested that Rivers state should become Igboland because the Ikwerre accommodated Igbos in Oyigbo LGA..

The Igbos are a sorry set of people, lacking in political tact and guile..Shortly has an Igbo become Governor of Delta State, the Obi has decided to evoke unnecessary reminders for Anioma state creation and Igbo unity to instigate the other tribes within Delta into suspecting Igbo intentions for delta people at large...

Also Nnamdi Kanu is a clear example of Igbo planlessness..Obj------Yoruba, GeJ---------Ijaw, Buhari------------Hausa/Fulani, the next in line is supposed to be Igbo..instead of you guys to play to the gallery anws have your own as President and then tactfully find your way out of Nigeria, na to dey listen to radio una sabi....bunch of foools.

The Igbos think they are over smart and the Hausaman is foolish..They should look again..The reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 11:07am On Jun 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Pazienza did not bring Ikwerre into this thread..i did..what can you do about it..absolutely nothing, with emphasis.

The Obi or whatever of Asaba encroached into my territory when he suggested that Rivers state should become Igboland because the Ikwerre accommodated Igbos in Oyigbo LGA..

The Igbos are a sorry set of people, lacking in political tact and guile..Shortly has an Igbo become Governor of Delta State, the Obi has decided to evoke unnecessary reminders for Anioma state creation and Igbo unity to instigate the other tribes within Delta into suspecting Igbo intentions for delta people at large...

Also Nnamdi Kanu is a clear example of Igbo planlessness..Obj------Yoruba, GeJ---------Ijaw, Buhari------------Hausa/Fulani, the next in line is supposed to be Igbo..instead of you guys to play to the gallery anws have your own as President and then tactfully find your way out of Nigeria, na to dey listen to radio una sabi....bunch of foools.

The Igbos think they are over smart and the Hausaman is foolish..They should look again..The reverse is the case.

What wisdom could be better than bettering the lot of the people? Of what use is power if your people are still poor? France, US, Britain, etc engage in subjugation of the people of the world to bring comfort and luxury to their people, can we say the same of your wise masters, the Fulani-Hausa, seeing as you now worship them? The average Igboman is better of economically than average people from other Nigerian groups, that to me is the true measurement of leadership and wisdom.
Now take a look again, and tell me the Igboman is not Wise and smart. https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

How are Anioma Igbos lacking tact? The anioma state agitation will never be satiated by an Anioma governor, just as Igbo republic agitation can never be satiated by an Igbo president. Some things are more important than others.

Talking about tact, what exactly does the Ikwerre man Know about politics and tact? You complained of Ijaw domination in Old Rivers state, Ukiwe and Zik came to your rescue, but you have since turned Rivers state to an Ikwerre Kingdom, with no regards for other minority groups in the state.

You now see the Asa and Ndoki in OyigboLGA as strangers in the state, not worthy of power, you look down on other minorities in Rivers state, playing with their sensitivity.

You lack tact and have failed to learn from the wiser Urhobos, who could have easily hoarded power in Delta state, but instead have decided to allow justice to prevail by passing the baton to the Itsekiris and now to the Igbos there.

What exactly does an Ikwerre man Know about tact? Three Ikwerre governors in quick succession in a multi ethnic state like Rivers doesn't really sound like tact, more like political naivety. And yet you feel you can lecture the Igbos, who had held all the posts in Nigeria, President, Vice president, Senate president and speaker of the house, about tact. You must be joking.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Macelliot(m): 11:08am On Jun 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Don't let me say that Thunder will fire you....
You are an irrelevant Ikwerre mofo...

When Obi mentioned Rivers, did He mentioned Ikwerre? Is Ikwerre the only group in Rivers? Is Odili an Ikwerre?
Save us all this irrelevant noise...
Don't provoke me you this saddist...

What has 39 years of Northern presidency done positively the lifes of the Northern Gambaris?
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Abagworo(m): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

You have no right to insult Igbos because of few uninformed or misguided people. Sometimes I wonder why Igbos bring hate on themselves with their uninformed utterances. The Ikwerre issue should have been settled long ago but yet it is not. During last election they were everywhere abusing Hausa, Yoruba and every Nigerian that rooted for change but you would hardly see Ijaw people or even Otuoke/Ogbia people threatening Nigerians or acting antisocial.

Igbos are defined more by language and Ikwerre falls in that fold but on a closer look differences abound especialy in self belief to allegiance. The friction was always there but reached threshold during the Biafran attempted secession. Ikwerre is a different ethnic group hence you "hopeathand" should let Igbos be. There are Igbos in Rivers State at ONELGA, Omuma and Oyigbo.

1 Like

Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by pazienza(m): 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
Abagworo:

You have no right to insult Igbos because of few uninformed or misguided people. Sometimes I wonder why Igbos bring hate on themselves with their uninformed utterances. The Ikwerre issue should have been settled long ago but yet it is not. During last election they were everywhere abusing Hausa, Yoruba and every Nigerian that rooted for change but you would hardly see Ijaw people or even Otuoke/Ogbia people threatening Nigerians or acting antisocial.

Igbos are defined more by language and Ikwerre falls in that fold but on a closer look differences abound especialy in self belief to allegiance. The friction was always there but reached threshold during the Biafran attempted secession. Ikwerre is a different ethnic group hence you "hopeathand" should let Igbos be. There are Igbos in Rivers State at ONELGA, Omuma and Oyigbo.

Another trash from an Igbo wannabe.
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Ojiofor: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
Abagworo:

I wonder what onye ihu abuo like you would have said if the likes of FFK,Fayose,Abati and Okupe were to be Igbos who led the verbal attacks against Buhari and the North but of course you won't hold it against them cos they are not Igbo..
Tell your Ikwerre kinsman(hopeathand)to stop contaminating every Igbo/Biafra thread with his Ikwerre stupidity.
Re: Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba by Afam4eva(m): 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2015
You're from where you say you are irrespective of your reasons. Even if Ikwerre was Igbo pre civil war doesn't mean they are still Igbo's if they dissociate themselves from being Igbo's. Ethnicity is not the same as tribe as ethnicity can change unlike the latter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Did Yoruba Men Wear Before The Agbada? / The Beautiful City Of Kano / How Many Of You Know About The Somali Slave Trade Of Blacks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.