Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,597 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog (26265 Views)

Is Cucumber A Fruit Or A Vegetable? / Multipurpose Tractors For Cultivating, Planting & Harvesting / Cultivating Watermelon - A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Neduzze5(m): 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
@OP....... how far ? what has become of your watermelon ?

Lolz... This thread is for cucumber sha... Watermelon is doing fine.

Cucumber: ants are boring hole unto the ground close to the roots of the cucumber and at times I come only to see that the plant has withered. Dunno what to do.

1 Like

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by fejiro212: 1:49am On Jul 14, 2015
Hey guys.please first of all don't laugh because I'm a girl interested in farming..lol..someone mentioned it to me and after many thoughts I'm thinking of giving it a try though I'll start small. I Google information on cumcumber and landed in nairaland and this thread promptly grabbed my attention. Please I need some more info and I'm trying to reach you guys via email but d email I nor de see so jasper 7, neduzze 5 etc please despite your busy schedule send me your email on Enchantingnaturals360@yahoo.com. Boko ejoor..

1 Like

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by OLAMIMO12(m): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2015
Here is mine.... olakabeer@gmail.com

fejiro212:
Hey guys.please first of all don't laugh because I'm a girl interested in farming..lol..someone mentioned it to me and after many thoughts I'm thinking of giving it a try though I'll start small. I Google information on cumcumber and landed in nairaland and this thread promptly grabbed my attention. Please I need some more info and I'm trying to reach you guys via email but d email I nor de see so jasper 7, neduzze 5 etc please despite your busy schedule send me your email on Enchantingnaturals360@yahoo.com. Boko ejoor..
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Neduzze5(m): 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
I've lost count of the number of days....

1 Like

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by malaoluolateju: 11:40am On Aug 01, 2015
Neduzze5:

nooooo! Please dont loose count, am keenly followin your cucumber progress

2 Likes

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by donbrowser(m): 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2015
And some useless girls don't know more than using the thing as intimacy gadget SMH

3 Likes

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
These girls will get more cucumber to cucumbate

4 Likes

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
Girls favorite fruit asin for self servicing things
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by RAKITIC: 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
Bros u dnt need to stake cucumber
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by 360command: 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
This journal suppose done reach half way before dem begin put am for front page. Anyway, @ OP, don't loose count cause I dey follow you..
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by kuljayms1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
Issorite
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Raxxye(m): 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
Following!
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
Have a great season,kip it up
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by kinggenesis(m): 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nice one from the OP........ When you harvest am, please try to make UNN as ya target market, you go make better profit.

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by emonkey(m): 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
Neduzze5:

RAKITIC:

Please I was going to ask what is the purpose of staking ? Must cucumber. watermelon, squash etc have to be staked before they will grow ? Thanks for answering my question
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by ephi123(f): 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
Very nice thread, well done OP
How long does a full cycle i.e. from planting to harvest take?
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Neduzze5(m): 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
ephi123:
Very nice thread, well done OP
How long does a full cycle i.e. from planting to harvest take?

It takes three months only.

And needs a lot of water. So you can plant February, harvest between April/May, then replant May and harvest July/August.

On the other hand, you can prepare three to four different plots of land, plant each plot per month starting from April. This is to ensure that the plants are directly watered by rain fall thereby saving you the stress of watering them daily.
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Neduzze5(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
emonkey:

Please I was going to ask what is the purpose of staking ? Must cucumber. watermelon, squash etc have to be staked before they will grow ? Thanks for answering my question

The purpose of staking is to help the plants grow better, bigger and sweeter. In a way, it equally prevents insects from getting to them.
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Neduzze5(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
kinggenesis:
Nice one from the OP........ When you harvest am, please try to make UNN as ya target market, you go make better profit.

gringringrin

Lolz.... If dem go buy 1, 000 naira per fruit, I no mind grin
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Neduzze5(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ovosky:
Have a great season,kip it up

Thank you boss
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Neduzze5(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
360command:
This journal suppose done reach half way before dem begin put am for front page. Anyway, @ OP, don't loose count cause I dey follow you..

I go try remember where I stop before. Make I go check my diary!!
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Neduzze5(m): 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
RAKITIC:

Yeah, that's true but at a time, staking helps the cucumber fruit.

It's not a must but for better harvest, it is a necessity.
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by ephi123(f): 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
Neduzze5:

It takes three months only.

And needs a lot of water. So you can plant February, harvest between April/May, then replant May and harvest July/August.

On the other hand, you can prepare three to four different plots of land, plant each plot per month starting from April. This is to ensure that the plants are directly watered by rain fall thereby saving you the stress of watering them daily.

Okay, thank you for the response. Wish you the very best with it.
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by RAKITIC: 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
emonkey:

u dont need to stake cucumber but i dnt know about watermelon and squash
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by masties2(f): 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2015
OP, well done o. Thanks to you I have seen cucumber leaves for the first time in my life.

Am also impressed to know that people are farming cucumbers, watermelon etc in P.H, Owerri etc. I erroneously believed these fruits can only grow in the North. Much appreciation for a work well done!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Alfranco(m): 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
Neduzze5:
Very soon I'll start sending ropes up from the plants to the stakes like this....

Nice bro. Staking will enhance yield and check rots of cucumber.

1 Like

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by enolife(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
Good work bros Am learning sometime valuable from you. I will contact you soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watermelon Business Secret(The fruit can make you rich within 75-80days) / PHOTOS: Eko Rice Will Be Ready In Six Months- Akinwunmi Ambode / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.