Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog (26263 Views)

Is Cucumber A Fruit Or A Vegetable? / Multipurpose Tractors For Cultivating, Planting & Harvesting / Cultivating Watermelon - A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Neduzze5(m): 11:27am On Aug 25, 2015
enolife:

please updating the info about you cucumber

My cucumber didn't do well due to late staking and inadequate manuring.
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by lekropasky(m): 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
HeLLo Bros...
I want to cultivate Water Melon, and i have already make the ridges, but i have some few questions.
- what spacing should i use, how wide should one by from another?
-do i need to stake it like the cucummber?
-how do i control the weeds when they starts to show up?

Thanks in Anticipation.
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by aquadude15: 10:24am On Mar 22, 2016
Neduzze5:
I bought this 10g pack of seeds from Technisem.
pls sir can I av your Whatsapp contact so we can chat. I'm interested in cucumber farming
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Neduzze5(m): 7:20am On Mar 23, 2016
aquadude15:

pls sir can I av your Whatsapp contact so we can chat. I'm interested in cucumber farming

My email is on my Signature. Send me a mail so that i can send you my number in the mail
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by jephito(m): 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
I ve been sourcing for Tokyo F1 and it seems it's scarce. Is there anyone here who knows where I can get it here in Lagos? Or what I s the best alternative should I don't see the Tokyo F1?
For watermelon, which is the best and marketable variety and where can I get it?

1 Like

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Tex42(m): 2:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Weldone op... Very educative thread, learning a lot here.
I hope to cultivate this crop(Cucumber) in commercial quantity come next year,say on 2/3 plots of land. Here to learn the basic...

@op...when is the best time to start cultivating Cucumber for somebody whose farm is situated in Anambra state, and also, what are the pesticides and seedling to use.
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by FarmTech(m): 12:43am On Nov 22, 2016
Tex42:
Weldone op... Very educative thread, learning a lot here.
I hope to cultivate this crop(Cucumber) in commercial quantity come next year,say on 2/3 plots of land. Here to learn the basic...

@op...when is the best time to start cultivating Cucumber for somebody whose farm is situated in Anambra state, and also, what are the pesticides and seedling to use.

Where are u in anambra? I'm planning to cultivate cukes too. I'm in Nkpor
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Tex42(m): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
FarmTech:

Where are u in anambra? I'm planning to cultivate cukes too. I'm in Nkpor

I live in Awka. just graduated. But I'm from Achalla, Awka-North, LGA. And that is where I intend to cultivate the cucumbers.

Cutes? What's that?
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by pamdaniel(m): 10:44am On Nov 23, 2016
I am not going to preach on how lucrative farming water melon or cucumber could be, but I am here to offer u the secrets of great wealth through farming... who said farming does not pay? who said farming is difficult? difficult for those who have no knowledge of the secrets. lectures on watermelon farming have been organised in Lagos, Ibadan and some part of the west and many came out to grab the knowledge, to be frank they have become independent suppliers of the products within their LGA, now I am offering this opportunity to those in Owerri, Aba, PH and enugu who want to get the secrets of watermelon and cucumber farming. lectures Owerri-16/12/2016 Aba- 17/12/2016...
some think that watermelon can only do well in the north, false! it can do well in the east as well... once u know the secrets u are good to go... for those who are impatient and really want to get some good cash within few days I suggest u learn cucumber secret. I shall give u DAT specie that gets u up to 30 cucumber on one vine of cucumber, from ur one plot of land lying waste I can assure u of 300k in 40days with ur startup capital of 25k... interested persons within this zones, Owerri, Aba, PH, Enugu should drop there contacts so we can proceed... participants would have a 40 paged handout for there references after the lectures, 50seeds of watermelon, that is the both specie u shall learn about, first one is good for dry season farming while the second one is good for rainy season farming. 50 seeds of the cucumber specie that has high yield and matures within 40days... whatsapp or call for more inquiry...08068018201. in each of the zones we need only 30persons... fees remain # 5000... payment at arrival. venue: owerri: City chef behind rock view hotel. Aba: Binez hotel. first 10 participants would also get 50 seeds of dwarf pawpaw specie
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by FarmTech(m): 12:07am On Nov 25, 2016
Tex42:

I live in Awka. just graduated. But I'm from Achalla, Awka-North, LGA. And that is where I intend to cultivate the cucumbers.

Cutes? What's that?
I meant cukes which is a short form for cucumber. Let's keep in touch. I planning to plant mine in Ozeh, close to nkisi river.
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Tex42(m): 6:00am On Nov 25, 2016
FarmTech:

I meant cukes which is a short form for cucumber. Let's keep in touch. I planning to plant mine in Ozeh, close to nkisi river.
OK then.
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by castro316: 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
My boss do. u have large consignment of water melon I want to buy. Give me your whatsapp number
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Chibenze(m): 1:15am On May 13, 2017
i want to plant cucumber using sack farming (cement bag). i intend planting 4 seed per bag on two hundred cement bag......all things being good how many bag of cucumber can i produce from it?
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by pamdaniel(m): 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
Chibenze:

i want to plant cucumber using sack
farming (cement bag). i intend planting
4 seed per bag on two hundred
cement bag......all things being good
how many bag of cucumber can i
produce from it?
firstly planting 4seeds per bag is not too bad and not too good unless ur staking would be wounderfuly spaced.. 3seeds per sack is a good idea... but if u insist on 4per bag and u are having 200 bags it means u would be needing 800 seeds... 800 seeds is 20grams and in each 5 grams planted u can be sure of 3 bags... therefore 3 bags multiply 4 equals to 12 bags... plus minus... this could be your first harvest... u could make close to 3harvest depends on your maintenance and type of hybrid seeds... good luck
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by Chibenze(m): 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
pamdaniel:
firstly planting 4seeds per bag is not too bad and not too good unless ur staking would be wounderfuly spaced.. 3seeds per sack is a good idea... but if u insist on 4per bag and u are having 200 bags it means u would be needing 800 seeds... 800 seeds is 20grams and in each 5 grams planted u can be sure of 3 bags... therefore 3 bags multiply 4 equals to 12 bags... plus minus... this could be your first harvest... u could make close to 3harvest depends on your maintenance and type of hybrid seeds... good luck
thank u sir for this info, so far i have been able to gather 154 cement bag nd have started filling sand everytin is done by me stressful but will complete it, my last questions are: which specie of seed is good for dry nd raining season and what is the process of fighting any attack on my plant, lastly can i use my rabbit poo nd urine as the only manure for my plant?

1 Like

Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by pamdaniel(m): 9:20am On Jun 08, 2017
Chibenze:

thank u sir for this info, so far i have been able to gather 154 cement bag nd have started filling sand everytin is done by me stressful but will complete it, my last questions are: which specie of seed is good for dry nd raining season and what is the process of fighting any attack on my plant, lastly can i use my rabbit poo nd urine as the only manure for my plant?
rabbit urine is urea, and urea can majorly boost the growth of your crop but u need other fertilizer supplements for fruit development.
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by sanni4susx(m): 10:59pm On Jan 19, 2019
Neduzze5:
I bought this 10g pack of seeds from Technisem.
Hi please how can I get this seed am in Ilorin
Re: Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog by pamdaniel(m): 1:14am On Jan 22, 2019
watch this cucumber expedition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bilrov3r5gg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watermelon Business Secret(The fruit can make you rich within 75-80days) / PHOTOS: Eko Rice Will Be Ready In Six Months- Akinwunmi Ambode / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.