Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners (24249 Views)

Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! / How To Implement Firebase In An Android Chat App / Qt 5 Tutorial For Absolute Beginner C++ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by lekropasky(m): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2015
ride on bro.
But, what about someone that is already good with python basics.
Is he going to cope?
And have heard people saying python can be used to develop android apps too, i hope that is true?
Pardon me for the childish questions.
Thanks Boss.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 20, 2015
It is a valid question, people say python can be used but the official language is JAVA.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by augnellywinex25(m): 11:40am On Jun 20, 2015
u guys should just stop looping and debugging...alaw pesun wey wan shear en knwleg wit us na,na wao.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by GateKeeper247: 11:55am On Jun 20, 2015
@dhtml18; First of all; i would want to commend your efforts for building a community; It is well deserved, But the part that's got me angry is you saying you're the best javascript programmer in nigeria; on what ground? what have you done to show this?; I see people around who say things like I am a javascript ninja; whereas they've only mastered the abstraction of directly interacting with the user's input or doing few animations; It goes beyond that; actually; except if you're Steven Sanderson, John Resig, Miško Hevery and Adam Abrons and our Nigerian Ugonna; Ibrahim, Augustin and many more who are pushing awesome to it's limits; in google, yahoo; Guess what all these guys have modesty; to know that they don't know it all. And please to everyother person lets allow dhtml18 to have his class.

1 Like

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 20, 2015
^^^^Thank you o jare, abeg help me beg them o. Them just dey intimidate person for here o!
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by seunthomas: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
AkunneObinna:

Oh sorry. But do it more gently next time.
Na una sabi. I feel most people feel intimidated when they are corrected. I have met a lot of people on NL who feel they know it all. The know it all attitude is when someone tells u something different you feel intimidated. Programming is a road. You can never ever know it all.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by seunthomas: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2015
Oga dhtml18, you don close class
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nope, drawing the time table properly. Now that we have various classes of students - from complete newbies like me to OGA like you.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
seunthomas:

Na una sabi. I feel most people feel intimidated when they are corrected. I have met a lot of people on NL who feel they know it all. The know it all attitude is when someone tells u something different you feel intimidated. Programming is a road. You can never ever know it all.

See person wey I dey try reason with o!! Please take your corrections to another tread biko, go and create your own. From hence forth I am not replying you, so you will not sway the main aim of this tread.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by seunthomas: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
AkunneObinna:

See person wey I dey try reason with o!! Please take your corrections to another tread biko, go and create your own. From hence forth I am not replying you, so you will not sway the main aim of this tread.
See this guy man ohhh??. Who asked for your reasoning. Infact i no dey go again. Na you get tread. Come push me comot na..... shocked

1 Like

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by larisoft: 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
Oga DHTML.... Have been following your posts on this of forum and I am feeling you black and white.. More grace to your elbow.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
Thank you o jare. I shall continue the tutorial definitely for I can see a lot of interesting personalities aboard.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by pseudonomer: 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
dhtml18:
If you can use the eclipse to develop a simple android app, you should be fine. Wamp server should be around 22MB if i am correct.

38MB
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by CodeHouse: 10:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
Tutorials never get completed here because someone, just someone will break the thread.

1 Like

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
CodeHouse:
Tutorials never get completed here because someone, just someone will break the thread.

I think he will continue later. He said so.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
This thread will be long but will complete hopefully. It is too good to miss.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by CodeHouse: 5:44am On Jun 21, 2015
AkunneObinna:

I think he will continue later. He said so.

I hope he will for the benefit of those who really need it, I know how to do this anyway but dhtml, out of busy schedule has decided to do this tutorial then let those who think they know too much stay back from distracting the whole purpose of the thread.

Also, those who ask lame questions will do a lot good, if they can as well use search engines to do some research on their own as they proceed in the learning process.

1 Like

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 8:47am On Jun 21, 2015
**** Happily fills the attendance register cool *****

I happen to be currently learning Android development, so what a happy coincidence smiley

Oga, come lecturers O
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by seunthomas: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2015
If you are really interested in being co-founder in a messaging startup like "Whatsapp,Viber,Snapchat", contact me and lets discuss. I have a working solution but i dont have time to run it as business model. Please only contact me if you have the passion to push this idea to its full capacity as well as raise funds for running the biz.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 21, 2015
^^^Note that this thread is not for adverts, failure to comply will result in a permanent BAN!
- BY ORDER
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by guente02(m): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2015
Bro please continue.
I only know how to develop CRUD Windows apps. I want to delve into web development and mobile app development but nothing to ginger me.
Please map out ur time table sharply. Waiting.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by umaryusuf(m): 11:55am On Jun 21, 2015
Following bumper to bumper only if distractors are sent packing.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
I shall continue the tutorial very shortly, I am just weighing my options and preparing the sample files for you guys.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by fattbabakay(m): 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
Bounces into d class dressed up in all jordans and heads to the back seat ... Ride on lecturer ...
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
^^^Why always the back seat?
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by theffanyi(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
I am in please
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by guente02(m): 8:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
Anxiously waiting.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
Chai! see as boys dey wait for me o.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by guente02(m): 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
We dey wait o.
Abeg when next you post make e b am.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
^^^Okay, meanwhile start collecting 10 naira each from each of the interested students.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
I am do the post on my blog and post the link here. I dont want to start having to fight people for every line of code i post.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
GateKeeper247:
@dhtml18; First of all; i would want to commend your efforts for building a community; It is well deserved, But the part that's got me angry is you saying you're the best javascript programmer in nigeria; on what ground? what have you done to show this?; I see people around who say things like I am a javascript ninja; whereas they've only mastered the abstraction of directly interacting with the user's input or doing few animations; It goes beyond that; actually; except if you're Steven Sanderson, John Resig, Miško Hevery and Adam Abrons and our Nigerian Ugonna; Ibrahim, Augustin and many more who are pushing awesome to it's limits; in google, yahoo; Guess what all these guys have modesty; to know that they don't know it all. And please to everyother person lets allow dhtml18 to have his class.
I never said I was the best mind you, I said one of the best - there is a difference. At least if you take the top 50, I may carry first from under.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Why Most Beginners Quit Programming / Sam Altman Visits Nigeria On AI Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.