Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners (24256 Views)

Guys Help I Want To Build An App Like Whatsapp! / How To Implement Firebase In An Android Chat App / Qt 5 Tutorial For Absolute Beginner C++ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2015
crotonite.interested = true;

I M waitn ooo
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 27, 2015
OPEYEMIAD:

I am happy you said you started from visual Basic 6.0.
Please how long do you glue with it before migrating to C and how old are you in coding.

I married VB 6.0 and am enjoying it, with the experience please who should I get married to next?
I have been coding since 1999/2000 as a hobby. And I still use vb 6 till date for some ultra-light weight projects (especially when I want a stand-alone app that can run from your pen drive). I started C/C++ around 2004 with Microsoft Visual Studio 6, but later on started using CodeBlocks (which Seun Osewa mentioned on a thread some years back).

@thread, I am done with the social networking project, so I have now continued with the sample code. I should start serious posting today with screen shots.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2015
seunthomas:

Wrong. Whatsapp is built using a derivative of XMPP that does not follow the XMPP specification. Its call FunXMPP. You can google that. But nice try anyway.
@chappie Sorry are you chappie as in the movie? Welcome to Nairaland ohhh. Please dont destroy us ohhhh. How is your artificial intelligence learning coming along.......?
funxmpp is still xmpp cause it use's xmpp protocol but minified version..
<\x59 \xa5="01234567890@\x91" \xa7="\xa2" \x44="message-1417651059-2" \xa1="14176
<\x12>test message </\x12>
</\x58>
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2015
^^^Ehn? Na virus be that abi na wetin?
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by JackOfAllTrades: 9:19am On Jun 27, 2015
Page 3 still no code undecided

Show meh teh codez -

1 Like

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 27, 2015
seunthomas:

Python is not old at all. Its a very modern language. Its one of the most versatile languages i know. I can most nearly do the impossible in python and in record time too.
JackOfAllTrades:

Show meh teh codez -
Chappie:

<\x59 \xa5="01234567890@\x91" \xa7="\xa2" \x44="message-1417651059-2" \xa1="14176
</\x58>

JackOfAllTrades:

Show meh teh codez -

Please more codes and less talk guys.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 27, 2015
AkunneObinna:

Please more codes and less talk guys.
Really? Abeg continue the talk guys, we are talking serious business here!
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2015
dhtml18:

Really? Abeg continue the talk guys, we are talking serious business here!

So from programming now to business? What next?
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 27, 2015
^^That is all, I write codes to keep the roof over my head. . . .
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
dhtml18:
You are welcome. I shall be brief.
1. I started from visual basic 6.0 back then, then later went into c,c++,java and gradually entered web via asp/perl

Right now:
- For Web: I use php technologies, and I am an expert with JavaScript. Although I can use node.js and MEAN stack, but I have not yet done any useful project with it.
- For Windows Desktop: I use Visual basic 6 (for some light-weight projects), Visual basic .NET 2013, JAVA (for more stronger apps)
- For Windows Commandline: I use C,C++,PHP (yeah, it can do win32 console apps too)
- For Mac OS: XCODE/Object C (only runs on mac)
- For IOS: XCODE/Object C
- For Android: Android Studio / Eclipse
- For Hybrid apps: Flash builder with PHP
- Some other other platforms, but the above are what I really use for most of my work

Of course, I have summarized it a bit. . .but that is it in a nutshell.

@topic: I have almost finished the social networking site blocking me, once I am done, we shall kick off our long overdued tutorial.
THANKS A LOT!!
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by carnalbabe(f): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hmmm, seems this class will never start angry

1 Like

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
dhtml18 start the tutorial now!!!

we are running outa patience and mb

1 Like

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
Outa MB eh? I have run out of MB, this is my last MB going down. . . .talking rubbish
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by pseudonomer: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
crotonite:
dhtml18 start the tutorial now!!!

we are running outa patience and mb

Lol... running out of Data from Downloads or checking this thread?
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
Haba! I am test-running the codes here, will post the first steps this night. I am very sorry guys for this undue delay.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nigara: 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
I can smell nairaland version of PMB here,,instead of doing the do you're busy talking the talk and COMPLAINING..we're tired of waiting oh.....

1 Like

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by seunthomas: 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
Chappie:

</\x58>

FunXMPP is not xmpp just a derivative. XMPP is a specification and funxmpp does not follow that specification.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by seunthomas: 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
Dont worry guys i can ask you this project will commence in about 6-7 nav page links from now. That maybe 2-3 months of nairaland lifetime. Just be patient biko nu.

1 Like

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by fattbabakay(m): 11:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
seunthomas:
Dont worry guys i can ask you this project will commence in about 6-7 nav page links from now. That maybe 2-3 months of nairaland lifetime. Just be patient biko nu.
D.R.Y cry cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by afolwalex20(m): 4:31am On Jun 28, 2015
About the requirements, I don't have any. Please how many mb/ gb will it cost me?
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 4:29am On Jun 29, 2015
afolwalex20:
About the requirements, I don't have any. Please how many mb/ gb will it cost me?

Google each one and find out the size
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 29, 2015
seunthomas:
Laughing like turkey, my MB finished, that is why. I shall recharge and get back. I feel sorry for everyone patiently waiting. . . . .
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by seunthomas: 10:52am On Jun 29, 2015
dhtml18:

Laughing like turkey, my MB finished, that is why. I shall recharge and get back. I feel sorry for everyone patiently waiting. . . . .
Bros i suspect you ohhhh. You no get code you just they create propaganda. I minus one from ya name:dhtml17 henceforth.

1 Like

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by theffanyi(m): 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
Dhtml 18 abeg send me ur number I want disscus somtin with u (08037834112
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by varty(m): 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
Oh ye of little faith.
I hear say the codes they road the come. Make un wait small.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by seunthomas: 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
Na from Sokoto he for dey come grin
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by afolwalex20(m): 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
who has worked on c# before??
Asp.net 4 Web nd xamarin 4 mobile
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by seunthomas: 7:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
afolwalex20:
who has worked on c# before??
Asp.net 4 Web nd xamarin 4 mobile
You got a project for me??
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by varty(m): 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
seunthomas:
Na from Sokoto he for dey come grin
E tire oh
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
Interesting. . . . . . .the codes are not running away people, I am revising it.
Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by varty(m): 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
dhtml18:
Interesting. . . . . . .the codes are not running away people, I am revising it.
Haba boss if to say na so them the do revision you for ever write exam for skul?

3 Likes

Re: How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners by Nmeri17: 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
varty:
Haba boss if to say na so them the do revision you for ever write exam for skul?
this revision come long pass two semesters grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Why Most Beginners Quit Programming / Sam Altman Visits Nigeria On AI Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.