Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts (25945 Views)

Nairaland Upcoming Artiste Chatroom / New Song: Lol Finally Airforce1 Diss Song Is Out. Lmao Download And Listen / Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by saintfizzo(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2015
On the contrary... airforce1 just got another hype for this thread.... ion care if OP was hating or concerned... Airforce1 still got the goin on... don't stop bruv... we still waiting on U

4 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by LaudGuy: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2015
MIXTAPE DROPS SOON. A melting pot of great songs.

Sizzling Hot from ma Home Boi. Free download.

Nobody tryna blow up frm nairaland, although nairaland has over a million users it still does not recognise what influence it could wield in the market when it comes to music or entertainment content... i'll let seun go figure the rest.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by guyX(m): 7:03am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
Though I hate being criticised, the gentle of an op is right.
Even though he could have been a little bit more gentle with his criticism.
I know personally how disgusted I would feel if someone were to me I sang nonsense.
Op please take note.
Airforce1 take down the points he mentioned and work them.
No mata wetin u sing we go support u all the way!

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Jasperwhizz(m): 7:03am On Jun 21, 2015
[quote author=chronique post=34962474]This is strictly my opinion and I think I have been vindicated over the years in most cases.

I write to you all(upcoming artistes) with good intent and purpose. I write as someone who has been a music lover for so many years,someone who followed Nigerian music from the late 80's down to this very day,someone who listened to pioneering American hip-hop acts from the late 80's,someone who listened to music when we still had music genres like soul and funk,someone who basically likes and has a substantial knowledge of what good music should sound like. Music is a form of art,and good music should sound pleasing to the ears. The melody,lyrics and instrumental should be good and the overall production must be of the higest standard. I don't believe in people doing mediocre jobs and promoting it. Majority of the songs we listen to today on radio,should normally not even get airplay if standards... Thanks for your care. pls i nid ur advice on literary writing sir.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by whisp3r(m): 7:04am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1 when I saw your track on front-page I quickly downloaded it, based on the hype you gave your song but after listening to it for a few seconds I ended up deleting it from my phone.

I honestly don't think music is your calling, take a look @ Ibile Alaga he doesn't have a good voice but he is a very good rapper another example is d'banj but he knows how to entertain fans with his songs that's why he is often referred to as an entertainer.

My brother you have a long way to go.

Signed

Opinion from a honest fan

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by SAMBARRY: 7:08am On Jun 21, 2015
fairygeh:
The truth is always bitter,they will never learn or listen to simple corrections,
Alakori oshi,Mr such a diva.
nigerians assume every criticism is attack. They don't even recognise when it's helpful . Afterall if people like bob marley had discarded the criticism in his early days will he blow

lol @mr such a diva grin

my mom always say pay more attention to the words of a critic than the sweet words of a friend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by fairygeh(f): 7:10am On Jun 21, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Aunty Fairy tin binu sha grin

Mr such a Diva
grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy grin Lolz
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by elbinmanny(m): 7:11am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
na fly wey no get adviser na him dey follow dead body enter grave o ...
Make I catch u as u carry any yeye song come finish our mb hia again undecided

6 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by fairygeh(f): 7:11am On Jun 21, 2015
timbuk2:
cheesy
lmao...u're funny o
cheesy it's true now.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Omotayor123(f): 7:11am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
come back here... how can you walk out like that...
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by eginacyril(m): 7:12am On Jun 21, 2015
i wil come n read it later.......som1 should pls tel me wot he said
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by elbinmanny(m): 7:13am On Jun 21, 2015
fairygeh:

cheesy grin Lolz
you are such a diva o o o o cheesy

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Awesomeking: 7:13am On Jun 21, 2015
efilefun:
do you actually know who lahlah is He produced sexy ladies Oritse femi ft Davido and you telling me he's not good, worked with him personally and his productions are dope, the only issue with the song would be from the person delivering the lyrics.
lahlah alone cant make airforce1 a better artist,that fella is right

force needs a team

we have producers here who are willing to work for free just to show how good they are,am a songwriter,i charge cheap to people like airforce1,just 36k :/

we have promoters here plenty and most of all so so many bloggers

if airforce1 takes our advice and improves on his work..he will be a star in nothing less than 3 months,i have done it before,am quite sure i can do it again

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:14am On Jun 21, 2015
Nice wan @op.
Honestly, i was so disappointed after I listened to that airforce1 song. Thou he can do better, i e if he swallows his pride and take heed to what the op jus said.
Secondly, no matter how good you re, u will still be needing a good producer! Airforce1 take it or leave it, YOUR PRODUCER IS BELOW STANDARD!
Lastly, I wish you the very best. For every struggle, there is blessing. Good luck!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Cutehector(m): 7:15am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
no! U shouldn't work out of the thread... That piece is a constructive criticism. Rather, you should ask chronique and all other critics in what areas does they feel you should make changes from... Pride won't take u anywhr..

That way, you r gainin more fans, more ideas..

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by sunsky29(m): 7:15am On Jun 21, 2015
Baby u too set ooo

Baby u too hot ooo

U such a divaaaaa

U such a divaa ooooo ahhhhhhhh
U such a diva
U such a diva
U such a diva
U such a diva
U such a diva
U such a dive

Baby oo

U too set ioo

I swear to god I can write better song dn diss

Ur director needs hot slap

Its an insult to we nairalanders

Do u kw hw lng we waitd

Upload dt gal pix mk we see weda she is such a diva

Repeatition na 20 percent the remaining one na typical naija beat

Dude dnt follo d crowed
Mk d crowed follow u by trying to b diffrnt..

Now this hw it should be done

#intro

#tune

#oh baby

U such a diva
U such a diva

#tune

Have never met someone like u
Have never felt so much love
Than the way u showed them to me
U rock my world
Oh yeah
When I tink about u,all I can say is

U such a diva
U such a diva

# tune

Am never gona treat u bad
For u rock my world
Oh yeah
Yeah

to be continued

Am nt a fan of music

But I swear waitn I write here better pass u such a diva x8

10 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:17am On Jun 21, 2015
Cutehector:
no! U shouldn't work out of the thread... That piece is a constructive criticism. Rather, you should ask him in what areas does he feel you should make changes from... Pride won't take u anywhr..

you see Exactly what am talking about. His pride!!!
Smh

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by SAMBARRY: 7:18am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce your arrogant attitude will make you loose fans. Don't let your attitude destroy your career before even starting. People are already getting pissed

7 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by GIYAZZ(m): 7:19am On Jun 21, 2015
chronique:
This is strictly my opinion and I think I have been vindicated over the years in most cases.

I write to you all(upcoming artistes) with good intent and purpose. I write as someone who has been a music lover for so many years,someone who followed Nigerian music from the late 80's down to this very day,someone who listened to pioneering American hip-hop acts from the late 80's,someone who listened to music when we still had music genres like soul and funk,someone who basically likes and has a substantial knowledge of what good music should sound like. Music is a form of art,and good music should sound pleasing to the ears. The melody,lyrics and instrumental should be good and the overall production must be of the higest standard. I don't believe in people doing mediocre jobs and promoting it. Majority of the songs we listen to today on radio,should normally not even get airplay if standards are to be maintained.
I know most people reading this piece,would eventually attack me and say stuffs like "you don't know what it means to go into the studio to record a track cos if you do,you'd know it's not easy". Before you guys slaughter me with that line,listen to this song with the following link:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/2934af36

The above link was a rough demo I recorded at our studio when I was still neck deep into music production and entertainment years back. I was conducting an interview for an in-house producer we wanted to employ and I asked him to make the beat and produce me as an artiste. I did the entire song myself,and directed the production and we finished the whole song in about 12 or 16 hrs. Despite the fact that it sounds a lil bit appealing to some people,it's still not a standard job that can be played on radio. That being said,let's move on to the main issue(since you now know I've also had studio experience).

I decided to write this article cos over the years,I haven't seen any artiste blow up from nairaland. The only person who has blown up from here(nairaland) that I know,is Dee Tunes. I remember when He sent me his crew's demo several years back and after listening,I told him to stick to his production and shun rap(not like He was terribly bad though) which He did,and has now made a solid career from. He might not remeber me today,but I'm happy He has made a name for himself in production,and now charges 400k per track. Apart from Dee Tunes,all the other artistes who I had the opportunity to talk to and advice here on nairaland,are still where they are. Reason is that when you advice most artistes and you don't tell them they're the next best thing after fried rice,they tend to see you as their enemy. The average upcoming artiste thinks He's the best and when you point out their flaws,they find it difficult to accept. Most people don't like the truth and that's why we have so many trashy sounds on radio. A good song should have good lyrics that makes sense even if it's meant to be a danceable song. The fact that a crappy song like Terry G's "knack you akpako" made waves,doesn't make it the standard for an upcoming artiste to emulate.
Artistes should also know learn to carve a niche for themselves and not just do what every other person is doing. There should be something extra that you're bringing to the table and as such,you need to put a lot of hardwork into your song writing and deliveries.

With the hype airforce1 has been enjoying on nairaland and His assurances to fans that He wouldn't disappoint them,I was expecting something better from him. All I can advice him to do,is to first and foremost,try to discover himself and find out what genre of music He is good at. This His "such a diva" song isn't it at all. That brings me back to a particular artiste who was hyped here some weeks back. The original poster even went as far as comparing him with Cannibus but when I listened up,song was quite wack. The dude can't even make the list of top 50 rappers in naija. Instead of people to tell him the truth,they kept typing "d.ope","drugz",etc.
I can't remember who the artiste is again but I'd say this: "only those who want you to succeed will tell you the truth". There's no point believing sycophants who praise you cos they don't want to bruise your ego. Whatever is worth doing,is worth doing well.

Finally,all I'd say is this: be open to criticisms,learn your art very well,work on your lyrics,carve a niche for yourself and be yourself. Don't try to copy what others are doing;be original.

I hope someday,nairaland would produce it's first music superstar.

Cc: lalasticlala,ishilove,airmark
CC; Jreyez
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by SAMBARRY: 7:19am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce friend tony gaskins asked me to tell you that
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by chronique(m): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2015
Read again and understand me well. I spoke to him and others;not just him alone.
handsomeclouds:
Isn't there any other way to contact Airforce1? Maybe by mail.....rather than this needless publicity. The OP is really a meddlesome interloper!

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2015
sunsky29:
Baby u too set ooo

Baby u too hot ooo

U such a divaaaaa

U such a divaa ooooo ahhhhhhhh
U such a diva
U such a diva
U such a diva
U such a diva
U such a diva
U such a dive

Baby oo

U too set ioo

I swear to god I can write better song dn diss

Ur director needs hot slap

Its an insult to we nairalanders

Do u kw hw lng we waitd

Upload dt gal pix mk we see weda she is such a diva

Repeatition na 20 percent the remaining one na typical naija beat

Dude dnt follo d crowed
Mk d crowed follow u by trying to b diffrnt..
imagine the whole wait....ended up giving us carp. I didnt even listen to that song up to one minute.
The truth here is alotta nairalanders telling him nice song, dope song blah blah blah re still gonna be thesame ppl who will laugh at him whenever they hear the song. sad
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Cutehector(m): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2015
Emeskhalifa:
you see Exactly what am talking about. His pride!!!
Smh
I don't understand
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by VhatAmazingDude: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Isn't there any other way to contact Airforce1? Maybe by mail.....rather than this needless publicity. The OP is really a meddlesome interloper!

In my opinion, the OP is just trying to advertise himself.
Trying to do some sort of 'needless comparison'. It'ld have cost nothing to mail him or give a generic advice to no one in particular. So much for thoughts before action.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by lordhugo(m): 7:22am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread

Everybody who liked this your comment are your 'REAL ENEMIES' .

They want you to be stuck at the level you are currently on.

Your song's production was below average. It was done in such a way that I could not Appreciate your lyrics (That one sef is another story).

This track is a poorer quality of COCOBUTTER by CHARASS (cocobutter is a very wack song but production was well above average. That gives you an idea of my opinion).

Content matters. Though you could continue singing "CONTENTLESS" songs you still need a good template (production and mastering).

Do not be comfortable with where you are (NAIRALAND's Unblown Star).

Reach for the stars!

If I get to hear you on a well produced number, I will then form an opinion on you yourself.

.. Lest I forget,

Your track's File name is "SEARCH YOUR DIVA"

....But all I de hear na "SUCH A DIVA"

5 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by otunbadan(m): 7:23am On Jun 21, 2015
Such a Diva was Such a terrible song

7 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Awesomeking: 7:24am On Jun 21, 2015
Emeskhalifa:
imagine the whole wait....ended up giving us carp. I didnt even listen to that song up to one minute.
The truth here is alotta nairalanders telling him nice song, dope song blah blah blah re still gonna be thesame ppl who will laugh at him whenever they hear the song. sad
..yeah.he should appreciate the fact that most of us care just enough to tell him the truth

airforce1 oh,write better songs,if you cant write a better song,i am a professional songwriter and lyricist,i will write for you

dont drop crap for us again

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2015
Cutehector:
I don't understand
i mean his ego wouldnt let him calm down and take advice.
You not yet a star, defntly u must take advice.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Westlife2013(m): 7:25am On Jun 21, 2015
@OP I like the fact that you are being vivid. Hype is so powerful that's why Airforce1's song was so much anticipated, I believe he will improve. I amnt gonna hype this much but I am sure it won't be a waste of your mb. Listen to my song DESTINY by me SMASHY and tell me what you think. Click here >>>

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/17791

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Cutehector(m): 7:25am On Jun 21, 2015
Emeskhalifa:
ok I get you now... D reason why people fail is because they listen to praises.. Jesus askd his apostle what people thought about him, he knew there were side talks... Him runnin away from criticisms is a wrong move... If I were airforce1, I would take note of all the monikers that were writing dr critique on the song and create a thread and invyt them to convey their opinions in places they feel the song is whack and weigh out the options, take the good criticisms and drop d unmeaningful ones..

7 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
grin grin

You better listen to the advice o tongue

I haven't even listen to the song to know how it sounds. undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wizkid Backs Sesan After Skelewu Video Issues / Nairaland: So You Think You Can Sing? / Naira Marley – Puta (Official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.