Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts (25948 Views)

Nairaland Upcoming Artiste Chatroom / New Song: Lol Finally Airforce1 Diss Song Is Out. Lmao Download And Listen / Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by SAMBARRY: 9:34am On Jun 21, 2015
Lol . leave him let him keep putting up with the bad attitude. He'll learn the idris abdulkareem and nice alapomeji way who couldn't handle fame grin
capip120:

You no see am? Accept criticism you know gree eh. Honestly I expected much from you after all the hype and praises you were garnering from nairaland including likes from me. After all to whom much is given much is required abi my people no be so?
If this is how you react when the truth is being thrown at your face then, give it up already. All those people saying you tried and are giving you the dope and drugs comment are not helping you at all. The song to me was wack and lacks content and it's not catchy to the ear. Sorry but that's the plain truth.
Lastly, learn to accept criticism the way you reacted to this piece is Juvenile and shows you still need character molding to enable you accept criticism.
Only a true friend will tell you to the face of your misdoing and not ass lickers. sad
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by chronique(m): 9:35am On Jun 21, 2015
Did you read the subject of my article? I wasn't just talking to him;I was also talking to other acts and I wanted the thread moved to the. Fp so they could also stumble on it and take whatever they can get from it. Why should I hate airforce1? Will I get richer by doing that?I'm actaully a very reserved person who doesn't like interferring in other people's business. I only decided to air my views on the subject matter cos I realized most people didn't tell him the truth when He released the song. And let me also let you know something;the producer of that song is someone I know very well and I've worked with. He has worked for one of the artistes I used to manage way back.
kr0ne:
The Op is not really criticising, he's hating. See how he taunted the nigga when he said he was leaving. His purpose was to expose mock the young man in public, otherwise he wouldn't have implored the super mods to put this on the front page. If you diss the likes of 2 Face, Bracket, D'banj, Psquare, etc, in this manner it wouldn't cause as much as a flea bite to their career because they're already made men. This guy is an upcoming artiste; a one-on-one or a secluded group criticism would have been better.
Op, your plan will fail.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by DrSage(m): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
u've not even made it & u're putting up dz behaviour undecided
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2015
Airfare 1 Will surely blow.

But not through music. Tell him I said so
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by justmenoni: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2015
@op u no lie ooo u no lie at all....

This is so so true:

"only those who want you to succeed will tell you the truth".

Music or no music, hype or no hype... Nigerians and hypocrisy are like Germans and beer,Russians and vodka,Nigerians and shepe grin

Say the truth in Nigeria andu end up building a huge base of enemies

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by laykhorn(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2015
Oga chronique, I think I may need your help. I manage a friend who is also upcoming. I try as much as possible to raise his flaws too. I could mail you some of his tracks for review.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 21, 2015
Thanks 4 d advice bro..
Y'all shud please download & listen 2 my song.Then,quote me & tell u wat u tink.Thanks

www.datafilehost.com/d/903212c7
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2015
Plz can any of you in the industry give me a pure,real,original R&B made in Nigeria undecided

I miss R&B,I'm tired of getting it elsewhere... Plzzzzzzz

If you guys won't, I'll got sing some myself oo embarassed
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by chronique(m): 9:56am On Jun 21, 2015
Terry G's first song with AY-Zee "love you sexy" was nice but He somehow chose to do something else which I term as noise but He made money with. You might wanna classify him as an afro-pop artiste. I listen to virtually every genre of music apart from hard rock(it's noisy to me).
cupidhero:
Are you saying terry G's kind of music does not belong to any genre of music?@chronique
I used to be like you till I understood that it is bad for a lover of a particular type of music to hate on makers and followers of other genres that he thinks is inferior to the one he follows because they lack lyrical and rhythmical content of the ones he loves?
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2015
chronique:
This is strictly my opinion and I think I have been vindicated over the years in most cases.

I write to you all(upcoming artistes) with good intent and purpose. I write as someone who has been a music lover for so many years,someone who followed Nigerian music from the late 80's down to this very day,someone who listened to pioneering American hip-hop acts from the late 80's,someone who listened to music when we still had music genres like soul and funk,someone who basically likes and has a substantial knowledge of what good music should sound like. Music is a form of art,and good music should sound pleasing to the ears. The melody,lyrics and instrumental should be good and the overall production must be of the higest standard. I don't believe in people doing mediocre jobs and promoting it. Majority of the songs we listen to today on radio,should normally not even get airplay if standards are to be maintained.
I know most people reading this piece,would eventually attack me and say stuffs like "you don't know what it means to go into the studio to record a track cos if you do,you'd know it's not easy". Before you guys slaughter me with that line,listen to this song with the following link:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/2934af36

The above link was a rough demo I recorded at our studio when I was still neck deep into music production and entertainment years back. I was conducting an interview for an in-house producer we wanted to employ and I asked him to make the beat and produce me as an artiste. I did the entire song myself,and directed the production and we finished the whole song in about 12 or 16 hrs. Despite the fact that it sounds a lil bit appealing to some people,it's still not a standard job that can be played on radio. That being said,let's move on to the main issue(since you now know I've also had studio experience).

I decided to write this article cos over the years,I haven't seen any artiste blow up from nairaland. The only person who has blown up from here(nairaland) that I know,is Dee Tunes. I remember when He sent me his crew's demo several years back and after listening,I told him to stick to his production and shun rap(not like He was terribly bad though) which He did,and has now made a solid career from. He might not remeber me today,but I'm happy He has made a name for himself in production,and now charges 400k per track. Apart from Dee Tunes,all the other artistes who I had the opportunity to talk to and advice here on nairaland,are still where they are. Reason is that when you advice most artistes and you don't tell them they're the next best thing after fried rice,they tend to see you as their enemy. The average upcoming artiste thinks He's the best and when you point out their flaws,they find it difficult to accept. Most people don't like the truth and that's why we have so many trashy sounds on radio. A good song should have good lyrics that makes sense even if it's meant to be a danceable song. The fact that a crappy song like Terry G's "knack you akpako" made waves,doesn't make it the standard for an upcoming artiste to emulate.
Artistes should also know learn to carve a niche for themselves and not just do what every other person is doing. There should be something extra that you're bringing to the table and as such,you need to put a lot of hardwork into your song writing and deliveries.

With the hype airforce1 has been enjoying on nairaland and His assurances to fans that He wouldn't disappoint them,I was expecting something better from him. All I can advice him to do,is to first and foremost,try to discover himself and find out what genre of music He is good at. This His "such a diva" song isn't it at all. That brings me back to a particular artiste who was hyped here some weeks back. The original poster even went as far as comparing him with Cannibus but when I listened up,song was quite wack. The dude can't even make the list of top 50 rappers in naija. Instead of people to tell him the truth,they kept typing "d.ope","drugz",etc.
I can't remember who the artiste is again but I'd say this: "only those who want you to succeed will tell you the truth". There's no point believing sycophants who praise you cos they don't want to bruise your ego. Whatever is worth doing,is worth doing well.

Finally,all I'd say is this: be open to criticisms,learn your art very well,work on your lyrics,carve a niche for yourself and be yourself. Don't try to copy what others are doing;be original.

I hope someday,nairaland would produce it's first music superstar.

Cc: lalasticlala,ishilove,airmark

pls listen to my 1st song that i recorded d 1st tym i entered a booth.. I really need expert advice on it..Thanks.

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by chronique(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2015
Pls don't mail me. You can just post a download link here.
laykhorn:
Oga chronique, I think I may need your help. I manage a friend who is also upcoming. I try as much as possible to raise his flaws too. I could mail you some of his tracks for review.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2015
YerYer:
God please help the youth of today, many of them want to be rich musicians, actors and actresses; some others wanna be famous footballers. What they don't realize is the odds are stacked against them... I will advice every aspiring young musican, actor or footballer to focus on their studies while pursuing their passion for music or whatever as a hobby, so if you don't end up like wiZkid, Genevieve or Okocha, you have your education to fall back on.

nice advice.. Thats y i tried 2 b d best student in my class while focusing on my rap.
& guess what,i am d best student in my class.
& evn my rap speaks 4 me.
Listen 2 my 1st ever recorded song at

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by chronique(m): 10:09am On Jun 21, 2015
Work on your lyrics,vocals and deliveries.
HarkymTheOracle:

pls listen to my 1st song that i recorded d 1st tym i entered a booth.. I really need expert advice on it..Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2015
condralbede:
Nice ....Am working on my album grin Will join them soon
in Airforce1 's voice. Lol
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by condralbede(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2015
DBlackCeazer:
in Airforce1 's voice. Lol
You are thr.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by tosinbabe(f): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2015
chronique:
I prefer the first one.
Thanks, all points noted!
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by musicwriter(m): 10:28am On Jun 21, 2015
@chronique.

You made a very realistic constructive criticism to upcoming acts and the modern Nigeria music scene, and I can tell you have a huge passion for music. I started recording demos over 10 years ago. It got to a point I couldn't help but putting it out there for others to listen to whether or not it's the best production.

The truth is Nigeria have lost it musically at the moment, including signed artistes. All you need now is contacts in the industry and in a blink of an eye any mediocre is all over the place and everybody thinks that's a musician. Nobody seems to know what good music is anymore even music promoters themselves. I can count just about 3 musicians in the country at the moment.

As stated earlier, myself is a recording artiste and someone totally doing something different than the crowd. If you listened to my songs and it doesn't appear to be different, I would quit!. But, while you're advise to be different and carve out a niche for oneself is a good one, but problem is the Nigerian music scene have been so much bastardized that people feel my type of music doesn't belong today. That's the downside of that argument, as I tell by my own experience. A friend of mine even call it intellectual music. My only consolation is Bob Marley's music was once seen exactly that way and radio stations even refused to play it. I will get there.

I have few songs on iTunes. Check out my songs on iTunes. Artise name: Africason.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by hahn(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread

I believe you owe the op some appreciation. He created the thread just for you and that shows he cares enough to tell you the truth. Everyone on nairaland wishes the best for you but you can never be the best until you're better than yourself. And that takes a lot of work

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2015
chronique:
Work on your lyrics,vocals and deliveries.

Thanks,i really appreciate.. Now that i know my flaws,i will work on them.
Am just still kinda nervous in d booth but i know i will get beta wit experience..
Once again,thanks.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2015
efilefun:
do you actually know who lahlah is He produced sexy ladies Oritse femi ft Davido and you telling me he's not good, worked with him personally and his productions are dope, the only issue with the song would be from the person delivering the lyrics.
lahlah. Has been there since the days of dagrin, in case they don't know,he produced one of his song which he featured lahlah on...when I first went to test maybe music na my way or not,I went to him and he really advised me..the guy is good
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Damikevin(m): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2015
chronique:
Your lyrics are poor and the lines are too basic. You can't expect rappers to dobale for you by saying "you're a small fish swimming with the shark". The only rap line I liked was the "shut it down like sundays in the northeast". You should work on your rapstyle too. You sound like you're muddling things up. Could be better though.
appreciate that.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2015
Flye:

I ve Iisten to your song several time, I think it is great but I expect to hear some local element probably a chorus in one popular Nigeria language and some common street slangs that will make people relates better with ur music.

I'm not a music expart, I'm just an ordinary music listener.
God bless ur hustle.
Thanks for your pieces of advice, bro. They're all noted. I say big amen to your prayer. God bless your hussle too
chronique:
Unfortunately,I can't listen to the song. I tried to download it several times but it keeps redirecting me to several links and asking me to register...
Thank you so much Boss.. if not for you, I wouldn't know the site was messed up. Sorry about that..I just uploaded it on dropbox now. Use the link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0o07l9kb3q6064/Gondy-Wonder%20Wonder.mp3?dl=0
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2015
seunlayi:
in as much most of those songs to me are craps, I have stopped listening to them talk less of buying it. I have decided to go back to my root with the cross before me and earnestly contending for the faith which was once delivered to us. until you start composing songs like this. i.e.

LET OTHERS SEE JESUS IN YOU

1. While passing thro’ this world of sin,
And others your life shall view,
Be clean and pure without, within,
Let others see Jesus in you.

Let others see Jesus in you,...
Let others see Jesus in you,...
Keep telling the story, be faithful and true,

2. Your life’s a book before their eyes,
They’re reading it thro’ and thro’;
Say, does it point them to the skies,
Do others see Jesus in you?

3. What joy ’twill be at set of sun,
In mansions beyond the blue,
To find some souls that you have won;

4. Then live for Christ both day and night,
Be faithful, be brave and true,
And lead the lost to life and light;

Deeper life member
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by joebeckz(m): 10:43am On Jun 21, 2015
chronique:
I like your chorus and instrumental but your rap needs work.
noted. thanks.
happy Sunday.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by chronique(m): 10:50am On Jun 21, 2015
The world has over 6billion people and there are chances of you having about 0.01 % of the world's population,who would like what you do. Just be yourself and do what you love.
musicwriter:
@chronique.

You made a very realistic constructive criticism to upcoming acts and the modern Nigeria music scene, and I can tell you have a huge passion for music. I started recording demos over 10 years ago. It got to a point I couldn't help but putting it out there for others to listen to whether or not it's the best production.

The truth is Nigeria have lost it musically at the moment, including signed artistes. All you need now is contacts in the industry and in a blink of an eye any mediocre is all over the place and everybody thinks that's a musician. Nobody seems to know what good music is anymore even music promoters themselves. I can count just about 3 musicians in the country at the moment.

As stated earlier, myself is a recording artiste and someone totally doing something different than the crowd. If you listened to my songs and it doesn't appear to be different, I would quit!. But, while you're advise to be different and carve out a niche for oneself is a good, but problem is the Nigerian music scene have been so much bastardized that people feel my type of music doesn't belong today. That's the downside of that argument, as I tell by my own experience. A friend of mine even call it intellectual music. My only consolation is Bob Marley's music was once seen exactly that way and radio stations even refused to play it. I will get there.

I have few songs on iTunes. Check out my songs on iTunes. Artise name: Africason.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by sixtus3606(m): 10:56am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
That's not the end bro! At the end of every tunnel, there's light. Think outside the box...accept critics! Develop that your God-give talent...explore and explode!
#HappySunday
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by sixtus3606(m): 10:56am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
That's not the end bro! At the end of every tunnel, there's light. Think outside the box...accept critics! Develop that your God-give talent...explore and explode!
#HappySunday
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by musicwriter(m): 10:57am On Jun 21, 2015
chronique:
The world has over 6billion people and there are chances of you having about 0.01 % of the world's population,who would like what you do. Just be yourself and do what you love.

You're right, and you understand these things!. Be assured I'll keep doing that.
And for your information, I have had many downloads from far away Japan, Australia, e.t.c. Then, I decided to find out why I was getting much downloads from all these places, only to discover reggae is huge in Japan!. I was shocked.
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by themodernman: 10:58am On Jun 21, 2015
chronique:
This is strictly my opinion and I think I have been vindicated over the years in most cases.

I write to you all(upcoming artistes) with good intent and purpose. I write as someone who has been a music lover for so many years,someone who followed Nigerian music from the late 80's down to this very day,someone who listened to pioneering American hip-hop acts from the late 80's,someone who listened to music when we still had music genres like soul and funk,someone who basically likes and has a substantial knowledge of what good music should sound like. Music is a form of art,and good music should sound pleasing to the ears. The melody,lyrics and instrumental should be good and the overall production must be of the higest standard. I don't believe in people doing mediocre jobs and promoting it. Majority of the songs we listen to today on radio,should normally not even get airplay if standards are to be maintained.
I know most people reading this piece,would eventually attack me and say stuffs like "you don't know what it means to go into the studio to record a track cos if you do,you'd know it's not easy". Before you guys slaughter me with that line,listen to this song with the following link:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/2934af36

The above link was a rough demo I recorded at our studio when I was still neck deep into music production and entertainment years back. I was conducting an interview for an in-house producer we wanted to employ and I asked him to make the beat and produce me as an artiste. I did the entire song myself,and directed the production and we finished the whole song in about 12 or 16 hrs. Despite the fact that it sounds a lil bit appealing to some people,it's still not a standard job that can be played on radio. That being said,let's move on to the main issue(since you now know I've also had studio experience).

I decided to write this article cos over the years,I haven't seen any artiste blow up from nairaland. The only person who has blown up from here(nairaland) that I know,is Dee Tunes. I remember when He sent me his crew's demo several years back and after listening,I told him to stick to his production and shun rap(not like He was terribly bad though) which He did,and has now made a solid career from. He might not remeber me today,but I'm happy He has made a name for himself in production,and now charges 400k per track. Apart from Dee Tunes,all the other artistes who I had the opportunity to talk to and advice here on nairaland,are still where they are. Reason is that when you advice most artistes and you don't tell them they're the next best thing after fried rice,they tend to see you as their enemy. The average upcoming artiste thinks He's the best and when you point out their flaws,they find it difficult to accept. Most people don't like the truth and that's why we have so many trashy sounds on radio. A good song should have good lyrics that makes sense even if it's meant to be a danceable song. The fact that a crappy song like Terry G's "knack you akpako" made waves,doesn't make it the standard for an upcoming artiste to emulate.
Artistes should also know learn to carve a niche for themselves and not just do what every other person is doing. There should be something extra that you're bringing to the table and as such,you need to put a lot of hardwork into your song writing and deliveries.

With the hype airforce1 has been enjoying on nairaland and His assurances to fans that He wouldn't disappoint them,I was expecting something better from him. All I can advice him to do,is to first and foremost,try to discover himself and find out what genre of music He is good at. This His "such a diva" song isn't it at all. That brings me back to a particular artiste who was hyped here some weeks back. The original poster even went as far as comparing him with Cannibus but when I listened up,song was quite wack. The dude can't even make the list of top 50 rappers in naija. Instead of people to tell him the truth,they kept typing "d.ope","drugz",etc.
I can't remember who the artiste is again but I'd say this: "only those who want you to succeed will tell you the truth". There's no point believing sycophants who praise you cos they don't want to bruise your ego. Whatever is worth doing,is worth doing well.

Finally,all I'd say is this: be open to criticisms,learn your art very well,work on your lyrics,carve a niche for yourself and be yourself. Don't try to copy what others are doing;be original.

I hope someday,nairaland would produce it's first music superstar.

Cc: lalasticlala,ishilove,airmark

OP what's your advise for me. I really have a good voice as I can rhyme and mimick any artise's voice. I always have d melody and beat playing in my brain which makes people marvel anytime I sing.

I've had people compliment on my voice so much that when I was travelling back to lagos from Kano, a guy asked me if I was an artiste...I just laughed it off as I've always been complimented since childhood on my voice. He said I sound like someone who swallowed an MP3 player. There was even ds chik just admiring me 2ruout the journey sef.

Another occurence happened when I was just singing one of wizzy's songs and d keke napep driver asked me when is my album coming out..even in my Part 1 days(2004) when singing R-Kelly & Celeine Dion a guy commented dat I was sounding like a deck.

This encouraged me to enroll for the MTN project fame and was auditioned by TY-mix even though my medical doctor colleagues laughed me to scorn. Unfortunately stage fright got the better part of me as I botched d opportunity. Perhaps d song I chose too worsened matters-Jesse jagz featuring Wizkid "bad girl".

I've now come to discover my self that my talented voice actually comes out when I'm in tune with the music or song when listening to it but doesn't come out well when I'm just singing without listening to the music.

I've decided the next edition of any music edition I'm going for, I'm gonna be going with my ipod so I can be in tune with the melody and sing while closing my eyes just to prove myself.

What do you have to say about all ds cos I live a boring life as a Medic, I'm financially comfortable but I envy superstars and d good life they enjoy....lol....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wizkid Backs Sesan After Skelewu Video Issues / Nairaland: So You Think You Can Sing? / Naira Marley – Puta (Official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.