Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants (58630 Views)

Four Power Plants Shut After Militants’ Attacks / Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down / Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Bifwoli: 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
They should have picked an Igbo state.

But Igbo will nonetheless still find their way to nuclear power and with it get their hands on nuclear device to finnish off their enemies and secede from this union of underachievers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by chidiandre(m): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
this is radiation we are talking about so there should be no looting or we are all going to die...note fushima in Japan is inhabitable for a long time
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Kingsasian(m): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
fratermathy:

Akwa-Ibom State is in the South-South and not South-East. Please take note Op. It was before the 1990s that it was regarded as part of the Eastern Region but the state is currently in the South South together with Cross-River State.

Back to the topic, this is a good development for Nigerian! The key to unlock stable power supply in Nigeria is in Nuclear power.
oga tomas please there is nothing like south south when referring to a geographical location. I keep telling people that Akwa ibom state is in the South Eastern part of Nigeria. The term South-south is referred to the geopolitical zone in this country. Don't get yourself confused.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by HirstMOG(m): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
How long will the project take
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by manosteel(m): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
Developed countries with all their technological know how and good safety regulations are winding down their Nuclear plants, while Nigeria even with our corruption level want to go Nuclear. My sympathy goes to the host community. Those proposing this Nuclear plant should pay a visit to Japan and see the effect of such venture. Anyway my home is not anywhere near Kogi.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
See yeye country, see nuclear power. This one go just wipe Nigeria out one touch. Hehehehe

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by caprini1: 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
Our governments maintenance culture towards infrastructures are very poor to start thinking of Nuclear Energy....they can't even maintain ordinary football stadium and they wanna go into nuclear energy.My only fear is RADIATION,if there happens to be a leak like in chenobyl or in Fukushima in Japan,do we have the resources to contain it?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Seth89(m): 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kogi State, until it happens.
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by MistadeRegal(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
Sanchez01:
Hopefully
Can you imagine the huge lie? undecided
cc Lalasticlala
I do.
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Where is yellowbar state?
"How did you get here? Did someone
leave your cage open?"... Cow!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by stnwani(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
How many megawatts is each station going to generate?
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Horlawale1(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
L
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Kingsasian(m): 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
Hahahahahahahahehehehehehe I laugh in Swahili. Is this not the Nigeria that we are in? The Nigeria that lacks the technical know how and maintenance of its economic infrastructures? I just hope they don't privatize these after some years....that is if they are able to establish the nuclear plants.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by caprini1: 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
manosteel:
Developed countries with all their technological know how and good safety regulations are winding down their Nuclear plants, while Nigeria even with our corruption level want to go Nuclear. My sympathy goes to the host community. Those proposing this Nuclear plant should pay a visit to Japan and see the effect of such venture. Anyway my home is not anywhere near Kogi.
Exactly bro...the developed countries are going green,we should be thinking of renewable energy and not this exaggerated project.smh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by animalz: 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Before any nuclear plant is built....an environmental impact assessment is done.

If the EIA report is unfavorable....the construction of the nuclear power plant can be suspended/stopped.

MIND YOU. THE VERY FIRST NUCLEAR PROGRAM WAS IN ZARIA. BUT GOD KNOW WHY THEM ABANDON IT.

NOW THOSE TWO STATE IS NOT FAVORABLE BECAUSE OF THERE ECONOMIC AND GEOGRAPHIC IMPORTANT.

AS FOR ME, SOKOTO WILL BE THE BEST PLACE BECAUSE OF IT ISOLATION FROM POLLUTION

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Balloo22(m): 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
Story
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by MistadeRegal(m): 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
caprini1:
Our governments maintenance culture towards infrastructures are very poor to start thinking of Nuclear Energy....they can't even maintain ordinary football stadium and they wanna go into nuclear energy.My only fear is RADIATION,if there happens to be a leak like in chenobyl or in Fukushima in Japan,do we have the resources to contain it?

You and I know what they will come back to tell us is that they'd have to privatize it.........Awon ako tile ta........
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by mmsen: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
fratermathy:

Akwa-Ibom State is in the South-South and not South-East. Please take note Op. It was before the 1990s that it was regarded as part of the Eastern Region but the state is currently in the South South together with Cross-River State.

Back to the topic, this is a good development for Nigerian! The key to unlock stable power supply in Nigeria is in Nuclear power.

AKS is in the south-east of Nigeria.

South-east is a geographical term.

South-south is meaningless term couched in atrocious English.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Akakol: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
This is going to give an improvement in the health care of Nigerians. Radioisotopes could be collect for medical use. I believe this could be a reality in 5 yrs time.
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by nijanigga: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
vimi:

Yes sir
how about risk? especially in Nigeria with poor maintenance culture.
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by caprini1: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
Pope22:
I have really suffered, the money I spend in fueling this my gen almost every nite can buy me a good car if I save the money for a year.
Bruv ...why don't u get urself an affordable Solar energy?
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by soleexx(m): 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
Alright..As for me and my family I will donate $25billion on this project...I wish you luck..God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Kennywills7(m): 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
Moneyyy:
Lmao...so APC states were overlooked.

When GEJ heard the news...
[img]http://i./6fScAIQR0P0xW.gif[/img]
Do u think this plan started in buhari's regime?
Grow up and stop commenting thrash
To d topic
The best thing we should b thinking of now is renewable energy not nuclear plant that d developed nations are running from
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
animalz:

MIND YOU. THE VERY FIRST NUCLEAR PROGRAM WAS IN ZARIA. BUT GOD KNOW WHY THEM ABANDON IT.

NOW THOSE TWO STATE IS NOT FAVORABLE BECAUSE OF THERE ECONOMIC AND GEOGRAPHIC IMPORTANT.

Zaria's nuclear plant is still operating....and it was a research plant.
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Pope22(m): 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
caprini1:
Bruv ...why don't u get urself an affordable Solar energy?
Is that one cheap?, please give me a link if you know, really am interested. I change this generator almost yearly cus I use it with my ac and it also affects it.
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by ehemwhy(m): 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nuclear power plants in Nigeria? With abundant uranium deposits in Niger Repubic? What are the Russians really up to ?

I sincerly hope they keep their reactors securly contained .We don't want another chernobyl in Africa o !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by caprini1: 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
MistadeRegal:

You and I know what they will come back to tell us is that they'd have to privatize it.........Awon ako tile ta........
Even if it is privatized,....that doesn't guarantee 100% efficiency ,take the GSM operators as an example,because of the rain today,av been receiving calls not meant for me from different networks by accident.
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by ednoville(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
God! I was praying my state [kogi] will not be chosen, kai! Pls don't locate it in my village o, nuclear power is dangerous, we too immature to use it
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by Phillfree(m): 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
With tɦɛ Chernobyl accident ɨռ 1986, I'm afraid of tɦɨs development.
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by pinkguy(m): 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
animals:

hey that of zaria is not abandon its still active that were energy reseach is located the use it for research
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by 989900: 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nuclear plant? I don't like.
Re: Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants by animalz: 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kx:
For those who knows much about this,

Is it that the same nuclear plant mearnt solely for power generation can be used still for war purposes?

Let's get educated pls because ppl kicking against the location of the plants in s south assumed same electricity generating nuclear plant have "war/wipe them out" motives.

YOUR MUMUNESS KNOWS NO BOUNDARY.

YOU CANT USE IT FOR WAR PURPOSE UNLESS YOU ENRICH THE URANIUM WHICH MAY TAKE YEARS TO ENRICH.

MOST PURE NUCLEAR POWER PLANT AROUND THE WORLD USE URANIUM PELLET WHICH YOU CAN NEVER ENRICH. THE SOUL PURPOSE OF THAT URANIUM PELLET IS TO HEAT THE WATER TO A STEAM POINT TROUGH THE RADIATOR, AND THAT STEAM TURNS THE TURBINE WHICH GENERATE ELECTRICITY.

THE PROBLEM NOW IS WERE TO KEEP THE WASTE WATER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Outside Sani Abacha Stadium After Hitting Full Capacity For Atiku / Obasanjo Visits Emeka Anyaoku At His Residence In Anambra (Photos) / Reno Omokri & Beko Kuti: "I Was Plotting Abacha's Overthrow At 23" (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.