Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,921 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce (1028 Views)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy / God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by VeriLee: 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2009
What is the correct biblical approach to conduct a divorce?
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by huxley(m): 9:17pm On Feb 25, 2009
Interesting question - I was researching this when I came across this verse:

"And it was said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of dismissal'; but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the cause of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery." (Matt 5:31-32, NASB)

What sort of jurisprudence is this ignoramus called Jesus advocating here? How could a wife be guilty of adultery by being divorce by her husband? For goodness sake, as this verse goes, she is not the one culpable for the divorce, so how come Jesus is accusing her of adultery?

As if that is not bad enough, a man who may wish to marry the divorce woman is at risk of also committing adultery. This is just sheer non-sense. This Jesus man was really really really stupid.
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by Maykelly(f): 9:46am On Feb 27, 2009
huxley foolish:

"And it was said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of dismissal'; but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the cause of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery." (Matt 5:31-32, NASB)
What sort of jurisprudence is this ignoramus called advocating here? How could a wife be guilty of adultery by being divorce by her husband? For goodness sake, as this verse goes, she is not the one culpable for the divorce, so how come Jesus is accusing her of adultery?

As if that is not bad enough, a man who may wish to marry the divorce woman is at risk of also committing adultery. This is just sheer non-sense. This Jesus man was really really really stupid.

You are foolish. complete foolish indeed. you lack understanding. i wonder how you interact wit people?
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by huxley(m): 10:01am On Feb 27, 2009
May kelly:

You are foolish. complete foolish indeed. you lack understanding. i wonder how you interact wit people?

Can you deal with Jesus's views on adultery as presented here, rather that attacking me? Deal with the facts, otherwise shut up. But I know you are mentally challenged enough to have the mettle to deal with the fact of your rotten bible and Jesus.
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by Samtaraba: 6:35am On Mar 01, 2009
The Bible is a holy book and its contents can not be understood without God's divine help.
My brother you need to go to God in prayer for divine wisdom. I shall remember you in my daily prayer for
the Lord to forgive you.Below is my number in case you care to call me: 2348024518333

Remain blessed.
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by huxley(m): 6:39am On Mar 01, 2009
Samtaraba:

The Bible is a holy book and its contents can not be understood without God's divine help.
My brother you need to go to God in prayer for divine wisdom. I shall remember you in my daily prayer for
the Lord to forgive you.Below is my number in case you care to call me: 2348024518333

Remain blessed.

Stick it up your God's arse.
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by benedictac(f): 10:19am On Mar 02, 2009
Divorce
The dissolution of the marriage tie was regulated by the Mosaic law (Deut. 24:1-4). The Jews, after the Captivity, were reguired to dismiss the foreign women they had married contrary to the law (Ezra 10:11-19).

Christ limited the permission of divorce to the single case of adultery. It seems that it was not uncommon for the Jews at that time to dissolve the union on very slight pretences (Matt. 5:31, 32; 19:1-9; Mark 10:2-12; Luke 16:18).

These precepts given by Christ regulate the law of divorce in the Christian Church.
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by JJYOU: 10:29am On Mar 02, 2009
May kelly:

[size=18pt]You are foolish. complete foolish indeed. you lack understanding. i wonder how you interact wit people[/size]?
thank you. may you increase you on every side.
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by pinkylady1(f): 11:12am On Mar 04, 2009
[b][/b]
[quote][/quote]

Ignorant is your greatest problem, i hope your understanding gets open someday so that you come of this problem great problem
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by huxley(m): 12:20pm On Mar 04, 2009
pinky lady:

Ignorant is your greatest problem, i hope your understanding gets open someday so that you come of this problem great problem

I suppose you claim to have better understanding of this material. OK - share with us your understanding. Why would Jesus condemn a woman for adultery that is being divorce by her husband? Why would a man marry such a woman commiting adultery? You silly christians have lost your minds and you just take anything pushed down your throat.
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by REALTRUTH1: 4:24pm On Mar 04, 2009
huxley:

I suppose you claim to have better understanding of this material. OK - share with us your understanding. Why would Jesus condemn a woman for adultery that is being divorce by her husband? Why would a man marry such a woman commiting adultery? You silly christians have lost your minds and you just take anything pushed down your throat.

Huxley pls take it easy,I had mentioned to you that you re Bitter b4,but I really don't understand the reason why you re so bitter!As concerning what you mentioned,similar issue was raised in the Bible to Paul in 1stCorinthians7 but particularly in verses 15,U can read up.In the old testament,the only condition for divorce is infidelity, but with pauls explanation in verse I mentioned,a woman can never be held bound if the man decided to walk out or quit a marriage,such woman can remarry.
So once again, I hope this anwers ur question and I say to you again with all assurance,God loves you so much and with thesame zeal,intellect you re using to question d Bible and Jesus,thesame zeal shall you be used of the Lord.It did happen to saul who became paul in the Bible!God bless you man!
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by huxley(m): 6:55pm On Mar 04, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

Huxley pls take it easy,I had mentioned to you that you re Bitter b4,but I really don't understand the reason why you re so bitter!As concerning what you mentioned,similar issue was raised in the Bible to Paul in 1stCorinthians7 but particularly in verses 15,U can read up.In the old testament,the only condition for divorce is infidelity, but with pauls explanation in verse I mentioned,a woman can never be held bound if the man decided to walk out or quit a marriage,such woman can remarry.
So once again, I hope this anwers ur question and I say to you again with all assurance,God loves you so much and with thesame zeal,intellect you re using to question d Bible and Jesus,thesame zeal shall you be used of the Lord.It did happen to saul who became paul in the Bible!God bless you man!

But is it right for Paul to contradict God's (Jesus's) word. Are you saying that Paul's injunctions take precedence over Jesus's?
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by Image123(m): 11:28am On Mar 05, 2009
Actually,the correct biblical approach to divorce is forgiveness.To forgive even as God forgave you.
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by ud4u: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2009
huxley:

What sort of jurisprudence is this ignoramus called Jesus advocating here? How could a wife be guilty of adultery by being divorce by her husband? For goodness sake, as this verse goes, she is not the one culpable for the divorce, so how come Jesus is accusing her of adultery?

May God forgive you.
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by huxley(m): 11:57pm On Mar 05, 2009
ud4u:

May God forgive you.

Why did you not deal with the point I am making but has resorted to preach and pitying me? Verily, Verily, Christians are really mentally challenged. For goodness sake, this is your fucking bible which you follow like a sheep and with your sheepish mind you obviously cannot defend it.
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by Image123(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2009
huxley is always baffled by the things of God.he just cannot grasp it even if his life depended on it.And it does
Re: The Correct Biblical Approach To Divorce by REALTRUTH1: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2009
@huxley:The response I gave to you in 1stCorinthians7 verses 15 should be sufficient for you.Like I have told you before, you keep looking for avenues to fault the Bible.Every scripture in the Bible are inspiration of God, they are meant for edifications,corrections and admonition.You don't just pick an isolated scenerio and try classifying it.
Finally, go back to my response and that settles this issue.Once again, you have a right to question any pastor or whoever that interpretes God's word.But my man, I will advice that you don't insult God even if you think He doesn't exist.

(1) (Reply)

Islamist Militant Leader, Mohammed Yusuf, Captured, Killed / The Extent Of Christians Delusion / Praying In The Spirit: How To Talk To God And Get Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.