Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe (843 Views)

Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede / Africa Must Establish Its Own I.C.C To Try Europeans - President Mugabe / Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by Pigin1: 7:15am On Jun 21, 2015
Cape Town – Zimbabwean
President Robert Mugabe,
who is also the African
Union (AU) chair, says
Africa must establish its
own International Criminal
Court (ICC) which would be
mandated to prosecute
Western leaders who have
committed crimes on the
continent.
According to the state-
owned Chronicle
newspaper , Mugabe said it
was high time Africa set up
a criminal court which
would seek justice for
"serious" war crimes and
crimes against humanity
committed by the West,
particularity during the
colonial era.
"They committed crimes,
colonial crimes galore –
the slaughter of our people
and all that
imprisonment... I have a
case, why was I imprisoned
for 11 years? We forgave
them, but perhaps we’ve
not done ourselves
justice... You set up the
ICC, we set our ICC to try
Europeans, to try Mr
[George] Bush and Mr
[Tony] Blair," Mugabe was
quoted as saying.
Mugabe said the
International Criminal
Court was a court for
Western countries,
dispensing Western
injustice on Africans.
Mass withdrawal
Mugabe said this while
addressing journalists at
the Harare international
airport where he was
seeing off his Malian
counterpart Ibrahim
Boubacar Keita after his
three-day state visit to the
southern African country.
Keita concurred, adding it
was "up to Africans, not
Europeans or Americans to
judge their leaders".
Mugabe's remarks came a
few days after Sudanese
President Omar al-Bashir
evaded an ICC arrest order
by leaving early from an
African Union summit that
was held in Johannesburg.
At the summit, Mugabe
wanted a mass withdrawal
of African states from the
ICC.
The veteran leader harshly
criticised the ICC after Al-
Bashir dodged his arrest,
saying the international
court was not wanted in
Africa .
"This is not the
headquarters of the ICC,
we do not want it in this
region at all," Mugabe
said.
Mugabe also took a swipe
at the "foreign" funded
non-governmental
organisations (NGOs),
whom he said were angling
for Al-Bashir’s arrest.
m.news24.com/news24/Africa/News/Africa-must-set-up-own-ICC-to-try-Europeans-says-Mugabe-20150619
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by INTROVERT(f): 7:18am On Jun 21, 2015
grin This Mugabe ehnnnn
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by piicity(m): 7:19am On Jun 21, 2015
I hate south african
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by piicity(m): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2015
I hate south african eh,they want to be comparing themselve wit Us

1 Like

Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by loomer: 7:28am On Jun 21, 2015
Them for just rename ICC to ACC( african criminal court) since na only Africans them de prosecute
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by ELTON123(m): 7:35am On Jun 21, 2015
loomer:
Them for just rename ICC to ACC( african criminal court) since na only Africans them de prosecute
i de tell uundecided
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 21, 2015
I have much respect for Mugabe for his extreme Africanism.

If Thomas Sankara were to be alive today, he would have found a good partner in Mugabe and Africa would have been revolutionised.

I support African ICC. cool
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by mistabiola: 7:44am On Jun 21, 2015
This man really have a point. We're not their bicth nor their slave.

Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2015
piicity:
I hate south african
piicity:
What has south Africa got to do with this?

2 Likes

Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by 4stylz: 8:10am On Jun 21, 2015
Mugabe should create better lives for Zimbabwe's before thinking of having icc in Africa;

Stupid man
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by 4stylz: 8:11am On Jun 21, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

What has south Africa got to do with this?

They are all south Africans
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by 4stylz: 8:13am On Jun 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:
I have much respect for Mugabe for his extreme Africanism.

If Thomas Sankara were to be alive today, he would have found a good partner in Mugabe and Africa would have been revolutionised.

I support African ICC. cool

You want ICc when we cannot fix our own problems even with common things like good roads and pure water for Africa , your problem now is fighting the white; get over yourself bro
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by omenka(m): 8:24am On Jun 21, 2015
Much as I don't like Mugabe, I'm with him on this one. cheesy

Until ICC tries Bush and Blair, everything they do to me would just be hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by MduZA: 8:26am On Jun 21, 2015
piicity:

comparing themselves with the US or you?
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by stepo707: 8:27am On Jun 21, 2015
Way to go mugabe.afterall he as nothing to loose.he is a nonegenarian.
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 21, 2015
Joinin ICC is gud just dat the west hate Africans.
Re: Africa Must Set Up Own ICC To Try Europeans, Says Mugabe by Nature129(m): 9:11am On Jun 21, 2015
How funny!! Just like late Gaddafi, Mugabe will never be forgotten in Africa because of his courage and controversial nature. Much as I like Mugabe, I feel he should step down because his people are dying of his bad and sit-tight leadership. Mugabe is the most educated president in the world; 7 Bscs and 2 Mscs. #Fact. Lol

(1) (Reply)

Nass Leadership: Oyegun Brokers Truce Between Saraki, Lawan / Is This A Joke? / Executive Stalemate: Nigeria’s New Regime Grounded In Confusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.