Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love (6277 Views)

Eba Eating Food Competition ( OMG!!! See Swallow) / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most / Fruits You Hate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Chiori(m): 12:46am On Sep 20, 2006
Eating Hated Food In The Name Of Love

Suppose you are in love with some one. Now the natural thing to do is start doing things you never enjoyed doing before just to please your spouse. Now would you consider eating food you would normally abhor because the person you are dating eats it so lovingly? Give me your candid response. I am in such a fix.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Busta(f): 1:16am On Sep 20, 2006
men, can't go outta ma way to please anyone oh abeg. If i dey nko, he go find anotha person now. No Way!!
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by kiki(f): 1:17am On Sep 20, 2006
well i don't think u got t eat it cos she loves it or he loves it tho u might try it together somtimes but u ain't got to eat it if u don't like it
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Seun(m): 1:21am On Sep 20, 2006
It's not advisable unles your hatred of the food in question isn't very strong.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Oracle(m): 3:24am On Sep 28, 2006
Just let her know you don't like it.
i've got a friend that had to eat a particular kind of food coz of his girlfriend.
he went to see her and that was what she cooked at home, when she served him he couldn't eat. she was angry that he didnt want to eat her food, so he had to eat it to prove her wrong
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by okwanuzo3(f): 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2006
i'm very picky about foods, i wouldn't eat something i'm not comfortable with for someone else's sake. if he loves/ likes me he should be able to accept me the way i am. relationships are about compromise not sacrifice
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Wumine(f): 5:13pm On Oct 21, 2006
okwanuzo3:

i'm very picky about foods, i wouldn't eat something i'm not comfortable with for someone else's sake. if he loves/ likes me he should be able to accept me the way i am. relationships are about compromise not sacrifice

Same here!

@Chiori
If it doesnt appeal to you dont eat it.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by TOYOSI20(f): 1:12am On Oct 24, 2008
Ingesting something u don't like?. . . . . lipsrsealed

I don't call that love, . . . .I call it punishment. . . . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by plappville(f): 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2008
It's not a by force thing, and not eating it doesn't have anything to do with ur relatioship.

I am a 9ja woman and my hubby is white, i do cook 9ja meal for him he does eat some and others no, same to me, french people like eating stinky cheese.

The American ppl call them, ((((STINKY CHEESE))) hubby has tried to make me enjoy their stinky cheese ((cover nose)) embarassed but i couldn't just endure the smell.

We have no problem in respecting each other's test.

You do not have to pretend or die in silent because u want to please some1 u love.

Let ur partner understand ur test is not her test, at least not all food u do reject abi
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Leilah(f): 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2008
Such a cute picture! your baby is so cute!!

I also put stinky cheese on the menu once. My husband said it reminds him of rat food!!

i only cook nigerian food now and one thing I just can't take is shaki and ponmo, i just put them to the side grin
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by AKO1(m): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2008
[b]Probably [/b]unless I'm married to the person and I'm not allergic. . .
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by BabyJinx: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2008
Chiori:

Suppose you are in love with some one. Now the natural thing to do is start doing things you never enjoyed doing before just to please your spouse. Now would you consider eating food you would normally abhor because the person you are dating eats it so lovingly? Give me your candid response. I am in such a fix.

The natural thing is start doing things you never enjoy just to please your spouse?

Really?

Well color me surprised! I honestly thought the natural thing to do is be yourself, you know "This is me, take me as I am" kinda thing instead of the pretending and then changing after marriage thing. Aah, well you learn something new every day.

Well since it is the natural thing to do is pretend, may I suggest you grab a spoon and start digging into that love food. You dig into it like a man who hasn't eaten in days and you do it with a smile on your face!!

Let's know how it tasted. . . if you are still alive. . . I mean alove. . . in Love.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by DisGuy: 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2008
Chiori:

so if you are allergic to say nuts, the natural thing to do is start eating crunchy nuts for breakfast?

very soon the person you love will be eating your akara so lovingly  cool
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by gamechange(m): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2008
There is unity in diversity, you do not have to eat what you don't particuarly like because of anybody, lover or not.

It is important to respectfully disagree though rather than put down what another may find palatable.

I am sure at some point we have all witnessed others eat what we may consider offensive, but diplomacy and respect is key.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Outstrip(f): 12:26am On Oct 28, 2008
My husband's love has not reached that level. Hmm. He is so anti new food. One day I ordered frog legs o common frog legs and he almost had a heart attack because I was eating frog legs. He will not even eat nigerian foods that he did not grow up with. The only time he will experiment is maybe at a chinese bistro otherwise it is always steak and a salad.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by JamaicanQT(f): 2:39am On Oct 28, 2008
hell no, i'd probably do it is if it a life or death situation, other than that hell no grin grin grin
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by KarmaMod(f): 2:40am On Oct 28, 2008
must people eat the same things?
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Cipriani(m): 3:05am On Oct 28, 2008
@karma wetin dey? U just bone my side. I don mis U die. which tyme U change Ur pic. Sé na B dat? Omo U set no B small but if na Ur j. sista, I go lik no am. cool cool
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by aomom(m): 6:35am On Oct 28, 2008
well i wonder y we ask questions that we don't take cognizance of! u av seen a person u lyk, afta approaching, u do a lot of chatting asking questions like what to u like or dislike, what are u allergic to and some like that. if u try to please someone @ ur detriment my brothers and sister, then there is a problem,
what the point of saying u dnt like something and ur eating it to me it sounds dumb, this happens when u don't draw the linee, plz dont be infatuated, learn how to draw the lines, there should be no go areas. Peace be unto you!
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Scopium: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2008
[size=13pt]There's no love on earth and beyond that can make me eat amala and ewedu in the name of love. YUCK![/size]
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by princekevo(m): 8:39am On Oct 28, 2008
Outstrip:

My husband's love has not reached that level. Hmm. He is so anti new food. One day I ordered frog legs o common frog legs and he almost had a heart attack because I was eating frog legs. He will not even eat nigerian foods that he did not grow up with. The only time he will experiment is maybe at a chinese bistro otherwise it is always steak and a salad.

Lol!! do you want to commit muderer?How would you proposing a jumping chickin legs to you hubbyy a Nigerian man?I tried this one time my mouth got swolling the next morning, lol.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by BOSS7: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2008
I'll eat all food in the name of love, as long as my partner joins me.

It's called love guys, not lust or likeness, sorry, just my take.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2008
[quote author=B.O.S.S. link=topic=23943.msg3005226#msg3005226 date=1225184340.

It's called love guys, not lust or likeness, sorry, just my take.
[quote][/quote]
alright love expert grin

@topic no, no way I wouldn't eat the food I hate all in the name of love.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Angolobabe(f): 10:51am On Oct 28, 2008
i wont eat food i dont like for love,im not very picky on food so i eat most european foods but my hubby doesnt eat most of my nigerian foods,so cook alone and eat alone.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Gamine(f): 11:02am On Oct 28, 2008
hahaha

Which love?

Such foolishness.

Its Called PRETENSE.

If your partner cannot understand that you dont like something

you better discard him/her!
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by plappville(f): 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2008
@ Lailah: Such a cute picture! your baby is so cute!!

I also put stinky cheese on the menu once. My husband said it reminds him of rat food!!

i only cook nigerian food now and one thing I just can't take is shaki and ponmo, i just put them to the side

Thanks for the compliment, it's nice to hear that u can cook Nigeria meals, ur hubby will love u so much because Nigeria men no dey play with their meals ooo.

Shaki and kpomo is very good, kiss miah miah,  if u find them easily in Dublin kindly post them to me '''joking"" because i can't find them in the city where i live. sad
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by carmelily: 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2008
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by danedrol: 1:18pm On Oct 28, 2008
uhm?
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by cibilola(f): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2008
Surely, eating certain kind of food in the name of love is an unnecessary practice, undecided

no one does that, i'm quite sure tongue, and i wont expect anyone to that 'cos they love me, that's sheer pretence!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2008
I remember when i was dating one babe from Ondo state and we visited her aunt. meanwhile, i dont eat pepper or anything spicy, we got to the aunt's house, and i was kinda shy, so she cooked with Jamaican hot pepper, the food was served, and i tasted it, it was bitterly and suiciderly hot, but i was forming big boy, i ate some and i started sweating like a pig, the aunt asked, what happened, i said, i am kool, the my girls, said, damn,,,,,i remember you dont eat pepper.
I will never try that again in my life, cos i was so sick afterwards, wasnt funny at all.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by BabyJinx: 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

must people eat the same things?

How else are we gonna measure love?
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by habumaks(m): 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2008
I once dated a babe who offered me a food of which the soup is prepared using MAGGOT. Thank God i asked her what those black things are inside the soup. I almost threw up when she said it's maggot. I couldnt even kiss her afterwards.

I think it changed the way a percieved her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recipe For Gurundi And Shuku Shuki / Is Indomie Instant Noodles Fattening? / Gross Food!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.