Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders - Webmasters (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders (36626 Views)

7 Things To Stop Doing If You Want To Make Money From Your Blog / 30 Hilarious Things That Will Happen If Google And Its Products Fold Up-Techinfo / 5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by omoarowolo12345: 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
I have been on nairaland for the past 2 years but couldn't figure a way to reply posts or create a topic despite that I have the nairaland site opened all yrs long on my phones and laptops. Fortunately enough, I find this so very very very helpful as I am commenting for the first time through reading this post so I wanted to give a shout out to the OP
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by Capableben(m): 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
kingcity:
like this
u mean This way
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by GeneralQuamdeen: 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
omoarowolo12345:
I have been on nairaland for the past 2 years but couldn't figure a way to reply posts or create a topic despite that I have the nairaland site opened all yrs long on my phones and laptops. Fortunately enough, I find this so very very very helpful as I am commenting for the first time through reading this post so I wanted to give a shout out to the OP
you are welcome sir.. Have a very nice time here on Nairaland.
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by mitchelle1989(f): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
you forget to put / in the other character i.e [/s]
make I try again choi I got it na GODWIN
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by GeneralQuamdeen: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
mitchelle1989:
make I try again
clapping for you.
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by mitchelle1989(f): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
clapping for you.
I ve been trying this bolded for ages thank you sir
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by mitchelle1989(f): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
Whats the meaning of (f) in some people's name and (m) guess its moderator? The (f) come dey my name sef
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by WOruGunu(m): 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
Tanx a lot it really helped.u just solved my whole probs........
Tanx dear
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by mitchelle1989(f): 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
mitchelle1989:
make I try again choi I got it na GODWIN
trying to quote multiple post at the same time ook I hope it works
GeneralQuamdeen:
clapping for you.
tnx modified. I ve learnt so much in just one day grin will try the coloured letters asap
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by mitchelle1989(f): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
I will go for blue modified now am a guru grin
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by GeneralQuamdeen: 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
mitchelle1989:
trying to quote multiple post at the same time ook I hope it works tnx modified. I ve learnt so much in just one day grin will try the coloured letters asap
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by GeneralQuamdeen: 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
mitchelle1989:
Whats the meaning of (f) in some people's name and (m) guess its moderator? The (f) come dey my name sef
f means female while m means male... But note... Some people do fake the gender
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by Tex42(m): 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
for you to use smiley.. It requires the joining of two characters together.. For example.. ;+D gives you a grin smiley. Remove the +. Other smiley are :+) gives you a smillimg happy smiley. ;+) = wink. :+O gives you a surprise smiley. :+P gives you tongue out smiley. 8-+) gives you a glasses smiley. So therefore ;+D when you remove the + gives you grin
GeneralQuamdeen:
for you to use smiley.. It requires the joining of two characters together.. For example.. ;+D gives you a grin smiley. Remove the +. Other smiley are :+) gives you a smillimg happy smiley. ;+) = wink. :+O gives you a surprise smiley. :+P gives you tongue out smiley. 8-+) gives you a glasses smiley. So therefore ;+D when you remove the + gives you grin
GeneralQuamdeen:
Thanks a lot.
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by oshe11: 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
these are characters for a bolder text; type in between them [/size] but if you want it more bolder..you can insert the bold characters i.e [/b] in between them before typing
[size=8pt][b] am I ryt? grin
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by oshe11: 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
these are characters for a bolder text; type in between them [/size] but if you want it more bolder..you can insert the bold characters i.e [b][/b] in between them before typing
[size=8pt]lyk dis?grin
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
oshe11:
lyk dis?grin
you have to type in between these two characters in bracket to have fonts big [size=8pt][/size]
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by sandrannna(f): 9:20am On Jun 23, 2015
I had to google what op means.

Btw, ur number 4 should be ur number 1.
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by mitchelle1989(f): 10:09am On Jun 23, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
f means female while m means male... But note... Some people do fake the gender
oh male and female lol, my mind no even reach that side. And whats this front page of a thing? How do I know a post on front page?
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by GeneralQuamdeen: 10:13am On Jun 23, 2015
mitchelle1989:
oh male and female lol, my mind no even reach that side. And whats this front page of a thing? How do I know a post on front page?
Posts of front page will be asteriked (*)... And when you click the Nairaland at the very top of your page.. Scroll down.. You will see all topics in front page.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by mablie(m): 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
-
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by oshe11: 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
you have to type in between these two characters in bracket to have fonts big dis one hard small oo
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by whodohgeepee(m): 9:42am On Jun 24, 2015
I love the blues
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by lushskies(m): 6:06am On Jun 29, 2015
HoW can one view profile pictures of others? Thanks
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by Upnepaa(m): 9:55am On Jun 29, 2015
testing,testing,testing
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by Upnepaa(m): 10:09am On Jun 29, 2015
Tankz thanks
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by Hemanwel(m): 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
OP,what's the use of the smileys?Why do people want to use the smileys? Secondly,what does it mean to follow a topic and how can I follow that topic?
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by GeneralQuamdeen: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hemanwel:
OP,what's the use of the smileys?Why do people want to use the smileys?
Secondly,what does it mean to follow a topic and how can I follow that topic?
when you follow a topic... It means you will be notified of every posts or comments made to that very topic... And if can follow a topic by clicking (follow) when you have viewd that topic... Smiley is a face expression... When you want to show someone that are angry... You can an angry smiley showing that you are angry...
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by nairamaniac: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
if you want to write words in bold. Type these two characters: [b] and [/b] Then type the letters you want in bold in between the two chracters above. I repeat, in between them. Try it and see if you will get it.
thanx for your guild lines. but I. still finding some things difficult. 1) how to write in bold? from what u wrote, it means bracket-open,b , bracket close, sentence in between, bracket open, slash , b , bracket close. that is (b)sentence(/b). its not working. please help.
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by GeneralQuamdeen: 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
nairamaniac:
thanx for your guild lines. but I. still finding some things difficult. 1) how to write in bold? from what u wrote, it means bracket-open,b , bracket close, sentence in between, bracket open, slash , b , bracket close. that is (b)sentence(/b). its not working. please help.
that is corect... Where the problem is is.. You are using the wrong type of bracket... Use this type of bracket [ ] and not this type of bracket ( ).
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by nairamaniac: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
that is corect... Where the problem is is.. You are using the wrong type of bracket... Use this type of bracket [ ] and not this type of bracket ( ).
thanx for ur response. I don't have this square bracket on my fon. I'm using the infinix hot 507. its only the curvy bracket I have. please, any other solution?
Re: Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders by GeneralQuamdeen: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
nairamaniac:
thanx for ur response. I don't have this square bracket on my fon. I'm using the infinix hot 507. its only the curvy bracket I have. please, any other solution?
It has, just confess that yod do not know your way around the phone... Well.. There is no other solution to it..

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World / How To Activate Airtel Night Plan, Get 250mb For N25 And 1.5gb For N150 / Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.