Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,964 members, 7,848,906 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them (1269 Views)

Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider / Why Do Guys Wait For Their Girlfriends To Get Pregnant 1st Before Marrying Them? / 10 Things Ladies Check In Men Before Marrying Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 21, 2015
1. How are they with money?

Money is often cited as one of the most common things couples fight about. And when you're married this doesn't go away. If anything it can get worse if your finances become entwined. It's important to know how your partner handles money and what their attitudes toward it are. It's worth talking about whether you want to combine your finances through joint bank accounts or by filing taxes as a couple. Will your debts also be married? Money can't buy you love — but it can mess it up.

N. B-make sure you don't marry a "magarizer" cheesy

2.How do they express anger?

Everyone gets angry and upset sometimes and all couples are bound to fight. So it helps to know how your partner reacts to being upset. Do they freak out and yell or sulk in silence? Knowing this will help ease tensions when things get heated, and it'll just give you a sense of how to gauge their mood and adjust accordingly.

N. B - Don't marry someone that beats you even in courtship undecided

3. Do they have any dreams or career ambitions that marriage might forestall?

For all its splendor, marriage sometimes means foreclosing on some of the goals or dreams you have. It's important to know what your partner doesn't want to give up on, whether it's traveling across Europe or going to graduate school, and how it's likely to affect your marriage.

4. What is their spiritual inclination?

As people get older, religion and spirituality often becomes more important to them. And as we all know, relgious differences can be a major source of conflict between anyone. But it doesn't have to be. You just need to have reasonable expectations and know what you're getting into. Are you comfortable with your partner being religious if you're not? Or, if you like to pray and they don't, how will that affect your life together?

5. How will you handle the division of labor?

Will one person work and the other stay home? Will you divide up household chores evenly? There's no right or wrong way. Just be clear about what each of you expects.

Cc Lalasticlala, Ishilove, farano.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by Bugatie(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2015
Jarizod:

Money is often cited as one of the most common things couples fight about. And when you're married this doesn't go away. If anything it can get worse if your finances become entwined. It's important to know how your partner handles money and what their attitudes toward it are. It's worth talking about whether you want to combine your finances through joint bank accounts or by filing taxes as a couple. Will your debts also be married? Money can't buy you love — but it can mess it up.

Everyone gets angry and upset sometimes and all couples are bound to fight. So it helps to know how your partner reacts to being upset. Do they freak out and yell or sulk in silence? Knowing this will help ease tensions when things get heated, and it'll just give you a sense of how to gauge their mood and adjust accordingly.

For all its splendor, marriage sometimes means foreclosing on some of the goals or dreams you have. It's important to know what your partner doesn't want to give up on, whether it's traveling across Europe or going to graduate school, and how it's likely to affect your marriage.

As people get older, religion and spirituality often becomes more important to them. And as we all know, relgious differences can be a major source of conflict between anyone. But it doesn't have to be. You just need to have reasonable expectations and know what you're getting into. Are you comfortable with your partner being religious if you're not? Or, if you like to pray and they don't, how will that affect your life together?

Will one person work and the other stay home? Will you divide up household chores evenly? There's no right or wrong way. Just be clear about what each of you expects.

Cc Lalasticlala, Ishilove

Nice points, but brov issues of marriage are never written in books otherwise you'll read and get tired.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by piicity(m): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2015
Are you telling me that i must know all these before dating ladyboss1?
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 21, 2015
piicity:

Lol
U ehhh
Oh yea why were u saying sorry lol u did nothing wrong . smiley
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 21, 2015
piicity:
yes sire cheesy
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:48am On Jun 21, 2015
Good write up bro... It feels good to know that its only my anger issue i need to deal with..
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2015
Bugatie:

Nice points, but brov issues of marriage are never written in books otherwise you'll read and get tired.

I agree bruh but everyone knows that every marraige must pass though some challenges at some point

But once you know those things about your partner , it will be easier to have a marraige that will be void of catasrophe and an eventual divorce
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by Update(m): 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
m nut a counsellor buh an entertainer to talk abt dz kin of ish xo m jus booking ma space.

M awt!
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by cyndax(f): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
Jarizod:

Cc Lalasticlala, Ishilove
....ya that's....true...#fact#.your talking out of reality

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by viczing(m): 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
piicity:

Yes definitely to avoid catastrophic warfare when you marry her grin cheesy
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by piicity(m): 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol U ehhh Oh yea why were u saying sorry lol u did nothing wrong . smiley
k dear
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by piicity(m): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
Jarizod:
yes sire cheesy
i will master them and make them my watchword grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
for those dat want to graduate from bechelor/spinster to couple come and read dis and choose wisely
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by wordbank(m): 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
Everywhere now na
10 commandments before u fvck dis
5 things to do before u suck dat

This piece of land belongs to my new neighbor wey pack in yesterday, I no fit wait to press ur boobz
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by feldido(m): 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
Thank you so much Op as m looking forward to getting married, i really need this point at heart.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Your Partner Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
feldido:
Thank you so much Op as m looking forward to getting married, i really need this point at heart.
u welcome sire smiley

(1) (Reply)

My Friend's Girlfriend Confessed She Had Sex With Her Roommate(advice Needed) / The Guy With A Spiral Birth Mark From His Forhead To The End Of His Nose / Ladies, These Are The Reasons Why Men Hurt You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.