Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil (3420 Views)

How To Read Your Spark Plugs / Signs To Watch Out For When Its Time To Change Your Spark Plugs / Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by Stylaay(m): 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Pls i need help my car's plugs are soaking engine oil. It smokes when i rev hard. Car presently jerking a roadside said my engine needs an overhaul. Its a 20v 1.8 turbo engine. He said he will change its rings
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Buy a toks engine.
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by Stylaay(m): 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Buy a toks engine.
Overhauling is a bad idea right really don't want to go and waste my 35k
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by sultaan(m): 5:50am On Jun 23, 2015
First look at your oil level if the level it good it is cheaper that the alternative but the idea is to know where the oil is coming from then the fix is easy
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by fagbohun4j(m): 5:57am On Jun 23, 2015
That's a sign your engine is about to go on strike. The best is to get a good toks engine.
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by weyreypey: 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
Stylaay:
Pls i need help my car's plugs are soaking engine oil. It smokes when i rev hard. Car presently jerking a roadside said my engine needs an overhaul. Its a 20v 1.8 turbo engine. He said he will change its rings
Cut your losses!
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by climasautos(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
Every ill gotten car must allways give the owner problem whc normally start by soaking plugs. Enjoy ur losses grin

1 Like

Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by sultaan(m): 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
OP the problem is a very simple one.

First you did not really say which part of your plug is getting soaked. The threaded part is oil inside engine and the white insulated part is a gasket related to valve cover.
Over filling of the engine with oil can cause that too so check your dip stick level
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by hentech911: 9:07am On Jul 23, 2015
make sure ur valve seals are ok before considering engine change.
I bought a car of similer prob. only to discover it was the valve seal that was weak, and after i changed the valve seals, the smoking stopped
and all plugs were free of oil. the car is still in top shape.
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by Stylaay(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2015
Did the overhaul. Changed valve seals and rings. The engine worked fine for about 3 months then my oil started getting low again so I just bought a new engine. I don't rest now o
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by mayor2013: 8:12am On Nov 05, 2015
Stylaay:
Did the overhaul. Changed valve seals and rings. The engine worked fine for about 3 months then my oil started getting low again so I just bought a new engine. I don't rest now o
New engine is the way forward
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by sooperrescue(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2015
Unfortunately, you will still have issues with the car. Golf 4 uses premium unleaded fuel only and using regular fuel will make the engine to fall. Get an octane booster.
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by LiteKing(m): 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
sultaan:
OP the problem is a very simple one.

First you did not really say which part of your plug is getting soaked. The threaded part is oil inside engine and the white insulated part is a gasket related to valve cover.
Over filling of the engine with oil can cause that too so check your dip stick level

bro i see u know about engine. Pls am having same isue. My #4 plug is soaking and its giving me problem. Pls advice me.
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by Yeecar(m): 9:09am On Jan 23, 2016
Stylaay:

Please how much did you get the engine.?
Re: My Golf 4's Plugs Are Soaking Oil by honmusa(m): 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
If your spark plug is soaking oil that is the indication of presence of oil in your combustion chamber . You will need to look for the source of the leak and the oil leak source can be from worn valve seal ,worn ring or cylinder .Valve related oil leak can be fixed easily but issue related to worn ring or worn cylinder automatic translated to change of engine because of non availability of getting of getting the correct overhauling kit to perform the rebuild and the technical know how
Get a reputable auto workshop with the right equipment to diagnose the source of the leak accurately .
Call autologic @ 08061166316 to run this test for you

(1) (Reply)

Mitsubishi Montero / The Pricey Car Collection Of Billionaire Aliko Dangote / 3second Rattle At Startup Or Timing Correlation Codes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.