Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) (22336 Views)

Fidei Polytechnic Gboko, Benue State Shut Down Following Violent Protest (Pics) / Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State / Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Angelou(m): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2015
OMG!! Don't tell me that's university of nigeria's hostel block.....sad what a pity? Anyway, i rep Kogi state university

Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by anonimi: 11:21am On Jun 23, 2015
Angelou:
OMG!! Don't tell me that's university of nigeria's hostel block.....sad what a pity? Anyway, i rep Kogi state university

Where the BASICS of light and tap water are available 24/7 throughout the year no doubt?

Abi what are you repping the uni about vis-a-vis this thread
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Angelou(m): 11:31am On Jun 23, 2015
anonimi:

Where the BASICS of light and tap water are available 24/7 throughout the year no doubt?

Abi what are you repping the uni about vis-a-vis this thread
as of present water is always pumped to all hostel blocks every morning and whenever there seems 2 be a fault with d pipelines, water is delivered to each hostel's GPtanks 2ru tankers... (d new hostel blocks which were opened dis january even has 24/7 water supply) as for electricity, we don't get that much though, but not less than 6 hours daily on average.........so whats d hype about federal universities all about?
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by anonimi: 11:37am On Jun 23, 2015
Angelou:
as of present water is always pumped to all hostel blocks every morning and whenever there seems 2 be a fault with d pipelines, water is delivered to each hostel's GPtanks 2ru tankers... (d new hostel blocks which were opened dis january even has 24/7 water supply) as for electricity, we don't get that much though, but not less than 6 hours daily on average.........so whats d hype about federal universities all about?

Thanks for the clarification that at least ONE Kogi state university hostel is better than the UNN hostel, which is the subject of this thread.

However, the Kogi state hostel is still FAR AWAY from meeting the STANDARD that was taken for granted in our country's university hostels some 40 years ago and in countries LESS endowed than we are.

It is very disturbing that any student will rep a university that offers BELOW the norm on such basics as water and electricity, don't you agree
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by nicedas(m): 11:44am On Jun 23, 2015
calm.....d school is back on track....cos we sat for test today
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by ruffhandu: 11:50am On Jun 23, 2015
conyema12:

We used to nack soccer in those days at the quadrangle. Old memories

Wow! Lots of water has passed under the bridge mehn. When "Tanker" mistaken passes through there, big wahala.
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by blaqoracle: 11:51am On Jun 23, 2015
this is the least of what to expect from the so called biafra
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by IGBOSON1: 11:54am On Jun 23, 2015
dustydee:

Nna, this your English na wah. I am still trying to understand your message.

^^^Thank God....thought i was the only one! undecided
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 23, 2015
Which positive outcome?.See how ugly that building is. Looking worst than a federal prison in any sane country.
NAIRALANDERS SEE WHERE THEY KEPT ME HOLED UP FOR YEARS ALL IN THE NAME OF VARSITY EDUCATION. Why will i forgive the government.
DROP A DEAD MAN IN THE TOILETS(specially the ones on the ground floor) AND WATCH THE CORPSE GET UP, CARRY STICK HIT YOU FOR HEAD IN PROTEST!.
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by lightheart(m): 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nostalgia!

Eni Njoku....home of the perfect man!
Op, say me well to Room 303. smiley
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by lawrenceunaa: 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
For those who complained about my typos pls I was in a hurry. I have seen the errors (though not much and couldn't edit since it made fp ) but to those who turned it to a ticket for insults, God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by ikkkkk: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
Very deplorable hostel. UNN is simply over-hyped. Sorry guys but its my alma mater. I just lack the right words to explain this awful sight.

1 Like

Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by rill: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
Building Just be like something wey burn

1 Like

Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Ranchhoddas: 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
lightheart:
Nostalgia!
Eni Njoku....home of the perfect man! Op, say me well to Room 303. smiley
Complete man,home of the complete man.
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by bobbiekrantz: 1:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
we show Ozumba pepper grin

UNN no de carry last na
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Ranchhoddas: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
lawrenceunaa:
For those who complained about my typos pls I was in a hurry. I have seen the errors (though not much and couldn't edit since it made fp ) but to those who turned it to a ticket for insults, God bless.
why you come dey fall our hand na?
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Angelou(m): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks for the clarification that at least ONE Kogi state university hostel is better than the UNN hostel, which is the subject of this thread.

However, the Kogi state hostel is still FAR AWAY from meeting the STANDARD that was taken for granted in our country's university hostels some 40 years ago and in countries LESS endowed than we are.

It is very disturbing that any student will rep a university that offers BELOW the norm on such basics as water and electricity, don't you agree
if your beloved institution had really offered such basics at all times as u claim, then there wouldn't have been any need for ur boys to involve themselves in a protest that cost the lives of two undergraduate........
Talking about standards, what makes ur hostel block looks like an uncomplefed buildind used by thugs to smoke weed
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
so 2 students died so that u can have light n water
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by anonimi: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
Angelou:
if your beloved institution had really offered such basics at all times as u claim, then there wouldn't have been any need for ur boys to involve themselves in a protest that cost the lives of two undergraduate........

How did you conclude what is my beloved institution

Nevertheless, is the protest not a worthy cause to support as I have done here?
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by anonimi: 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
chuna1985:
so 2 students died so that u can have light n water

Would you know how many black Americans died so there can be less inequality hence making it possible for Nigerians to pray & fast just to get visas to the US and stay there by hook or crook

No pain, no gain!
QED!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Angelou(m): 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
anonimi:

How did you conclude what is my beloved institution

Nevertheless, is the protest not a worthy cause to support as I have done here?
it is really a worthy cause for protest and i admire the gallantry of those involved in d protest.... But in KSU, we've got no reason 2 protest 4 water
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
anonimi:

Would you know how many black Americans died so there can be less inequality hence making it possible for Nigerians to pray & fast just to get visas to the US and stay there by hook or crook

No pain, no gain!
QED!!!

There are very many ways to achieve results, but due to inexperience, u people chose the one that involves death for ur comrades..... U didn't remember to ask urself dis question..So if they stop giving u people light next month, u will sacrifice 2 more students to get it
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by paulobi: 1:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
Pineapp:
Good.
. Nawa oh! So dis hostel is still like dis. Datz my hostel back den frm 2000-2005. I occupied d first room of d first floor. Datz room 223. Den light n water was still our major problem. But nt as bad as d reporter narrated. My fellow Lion in d making. Dis is part d tin dat will make u strong by d tym u leave d den. Wish u guyz all d best.
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by sconp: 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
When you consider the lives that were lost, and the guys that would be carrying clutches for a long time. You would agree with me that the protest was an effort in futility.
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by lightheart(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
Complete man,home of the complete man.

U no fit just code something sef? :d
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
anonimi:

No pain, no gain!
QED!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Ranchhoddas: 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
lightheart:

U no fit just code something sef? :d
Sorry...perfect and complete seem like two very different things to me.
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by anonimi: 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
chuna1985:
There are very many ways to achieve results, but due to inexperience, u people chose the one that involves death for ur comrades..... U didn't remember to ask urself dis question..So if they stop giving u people light next month, u will sacrifice 2 more students to get it

Where did you get the idea of "u people" from in reference to my comments on this thread?

Don't you think you would have made a meaningful contribution by detailing the "very many ways to achieve results" you referred to above
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
anonimi:

No pain, no gain!
QED!!!

Bro, it seems we share similar sentiments on a whole lot of things.

Thanks for the above reply.

This our attitude of selfish self - preservation is the reason why we have allowed some few politicians to toy with out destiny as a people.

No pain; no gain. Simple.

1 Like

Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by lightheart(m): 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
Sorry...perfect and complete seem like two very different things to me.

Sure they are, bro. Mind me not. And many thanks for the heads-up.
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by phaulzoe(m): 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
Walahi my skul still get hope pass dix #ABU
Re: The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) by seangy4konji: 6:31am On Jun 24, 2015
Can they not paint those gaddamn buildings for you

Looks like prison or baracks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! / JAMB Candidates’ Most Preferred Universities In Nigeria / Ambrose Alli University Students Protest Hike In Fees, Storm Oba's Palace (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.