Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Taking Food Out Of Airplanes (44135 Views)

The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On / Graveyard Of Nigeria's Dead Airplanes (Photos) / Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by MarieSucre(f): 8:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Again, you didn't buy it!
You should be able to buy food when you need it. Not hope to 'serve' your kids with stale airplane food.
Its in your ticket auntie, in case you did not know. It would cost the airline some pretty pennies to supply all that food from their own operational expenditure. they push the cost unto the customer and use it to lure customers. Are you telling me the snacks I get when I board a God is good motor is from the goodness of their heart and I must finish it before the journey is over or throw it out of the window? taaaaaah! tell me something else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by angieberry(f): 8:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
sleek82:
please stop using words you clearly dont understand....whats typical in this? You are only using your point based on someone flying on a local flight and ofcourse going home after the flight or going to a hotel....pls think of international flights and pple having stopovers
and there are no restaurants or imbiss at the airport where you can settle to.a good meal during your stopover?
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Alezy(m): 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
angieberry:
lol cheesy
very sorry I pissed u off, was just curious n wanted to see ur reaction. BT didn't expect dat.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

No, you didn't really pay for it. At some point, Aero never used to serve food on airplanes and people still flew. This food is complimentary and not paid for.

Why not 'munch' it in the plane? Are you not 'settled in' in the plane? Or you feel people are watching you?

Cultured people don't take food out of airplane. Don't get influenced by the habit of taking food away from a party. It simply doesn't speak well of you. If anything, it suggests that you are too hungry and can't afford a meal whenever you want one.
u just want make we know say u Don enter plane before shey? And if we look am well,na within the country and first timer dey do this kin complain

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
Daresh:

This shows how uncultured you are. People take food away from parties all the time. After a party the host packs food for guests to take home so the food doesn't waste. I always give my guests when I have excess. I take away my snacks from the plane after all it's a "take away" pack. Get it?
don't mind the notice me first timer,why will they use take away in the first if it's not meant to be taken away?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Lagbaja425(m): 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Again, you didn't buy it!
You should be able to buy food when you need it. Not hope to 'serve' your kids with stale airplane food.

Why are you this retarded? I hardly comment but this is too stupid to ignore. The airline is a business. Do you really think they give out food for free? It is fully baked into the price of your ticket so stop arguing stupidly and embarrassing yourself.

In any case how exactly is it your business what people choose to do with the food they are served on the plane?

Your point on it being a Nigerian thing is again retarded. I fly Delta almost every week and I've seen non-Nigerians take the snacks they are given off the plane.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Yes you can do with it whatever you want. But for goodness' sake, don't take it out of the airplane. How much would it cost anyways if you had to buy the same thing outside? Must you stoop that low to take out a mere 500ngn meal?
walahi u get problem fa, did u pay for people's tickets? Why u come dey take panadol untop another person headache now? If u feel irritated by their attitude,next time jump out of the plane by any means possible

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by sleek82(m): 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:
and there are no restaurants or imbiss at the airport where you can settle to.a good meal during your stopover?
please check my response to otiigba1 on page 8....and tell me what u would av done better if you were in ma shoes and what makes you think you would get the kind of food you can happily eat in this restaurant?
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by missKiffy(f): 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

No, you didn't really pay for it. At some point, Aero never used to serve food on airplanes and people still flew. This food is complimentary and not paid for.

Why not 'munch' it in the plane? Are you not 'settled in' in the plane? Or you feel people are watching you?

Cultured people don't take food out of airplane. Don't get influenced by the habit of taking food away from a party. It simply doesn't speak well of you. If anything, it suggests that you are too hungry and can't afford a meal whenever you want one.
What if they are not hungry at that moment nah, will they throw the food away undecided

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
Daresh:

I am a travel agent. Nothing is free.
anything u get in an airplane has been paid for,if it wasn't paid for, I wonder why dem no dey share the things give people wey never board...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by leahcimzil: 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
I think you r just trying too hard to be sophisticated. won't be suprised if yu v never even been in a plane before, or probly just once.

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
Funniest part is that people like you are always ugly.

Antoinne:

So typical...
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by DICKtator: 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
Lagbaja425:

Why are you this retarded? I hardly comment but this is too stupid to ignore. The airline is a business. Do you really think they give out food for free? It is fully baked into the price of your ticket so stop arguing stupidly and embarrassing yourself.

In any case how exactly is it your business what people choose to do with the food they are served on the plane?

Your point on it being a Nigerian thing is again retarded. I fly Delta almost every week and I've seen non-Nigerians take the snacks they are given off the plane.

Woow!!!

You have seen non-Nigerians take snacks away? Lucky you

I have met a Non-Nigerian who collected my meal (He took permission though and I obliged him out of shock!!!) and ate it!!!. I have even met countless non-Nigerians exchange seat with me when they are(I guess) unfortunate to book window seat online or get window seat( and someone said it is Nigerian thing a couple of threads ago!!

In retrospect, perhaps the so-called non-Nigerians were naturalized Nigerians? Since we are programmed to think it is only Nigerians that can pull such stunts!!

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
Exactly. She's trying to be sophisticated. Who cares ? You will be so disappointed when you see the picture of people who talk like this.

leahcimzil:
I think you r just trying too hard to be sophisticated. won't be suprised if yu v never even been in a plane before, or probly just once.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
sleek82:
please stop using words you clearly dont understand....whats typical in this? You are only using your point based on someone flying on a local flight and ofcourse going home after the flight or going to a hotel....pls think of international flights and pple having stopovers

na only u be the person whey dey layover for the plane

justifying nonsense
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by chyket(m): 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

I think this is no big deal!Part of the reason why its packaged as a take away by airlines is that they realise that some people may choose to take it away for various personal reasons.If the airlines have issues with this i guess that they would have discouraged it

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by MsZeezah: 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
Onegai:

You are a Bush Gehs! Yels I said so. Because you've been travelling a lot and see random stuff like this as no biggie (anything that serves your convenience makes much more sense than trying to appear "sophisticated"wink whereas the OP and some posters (one is even championing United domestic, the US' s most irritating airline ever!) are more sophisticated than the rest of us humble folk.

OP, if you realllllyyyy wanna show off your "sophistication", you would put up pics of your "klassy" self in First class, in Singapore Airlines or even Virgin on certain routes (Btw, Singapore Airlines is a dream come true and the truly rich order their food at the lounge so it gets taken on the plane for them). But if you're slumming it in Economy VA (not even springing for extra legroom in Premium Economy! ) and you're whining here about "sophistication", darlin'.... sit ya black arse down with the rest of the poor folk.

Antoinne, of course, this is merely my very humble opinion, pray continue to educate us and enlighten us. smiley

The one championing the United domestic airline is the most unsophisticated thing ever... Very unrefined! Having the gall to come on here and be give the illusion of being cultured and sophisticated is just hilarious. Plain comedy.

United Airlines and Sophistication in the same sentence? Ha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by MsZeezah: 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
for all we know this was posted from some face me i slap you Ibadan one room shared with 4 other people, but someone is busy screaming bush girls embarassed
Just my humble opnion grin
Lol. She was being sarcastic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by MsZeezah: 8:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne,

Please stop making a fool of yourself by trying so hard to be a definition of your own version of "cultured".

People take food out of airplanes, no biggie. Personally, I won't because I haven't been on an airline that serves Nigerian food and I am not a fan of western food. But I will damn right takes snacks (Pretzels, Almonds, Pistasios) out of a plane.

And FYI: lots of white people do too! Or are they not the definition of cultured to you? People like you are the ones who worship anything western forgetting they're are the nastiest of nasty. Trying to act more western than the westerners. Boo!

I paid for it and imma take it out. And did I hear you say international flights or even airlines don't allow you take food past security? cheesy We have taken Jollof Rice past security before and we even told them we had cooked food. So far it isn't liquid, you're good.

Overall, you're plenty shades of ignorant and uncultured. And should I add that you sound exactly like a wannabe who just started flying on airplanes with little or no exposure. You're trying too hard Hun, bring it down a notch and maybe...just maybe it wouldn't look so much like a struggle. Laters

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by lexyman(m): 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:
Can someone please explain to me why people (especially girls) keep taking airplane food out of the aircraft? Aero, Medview, First nation and a couple other airlines always serve with some kind of 'take-awa' pack, but should people have to take these packs away out of the airplane like uncultured men, carrying them about the airplane like they are some party gifts? angry angry

Do u know that the airliner wants you to take the pack away by making it to look decent and presentable ,so that other passengers that have boarded the aircraft of their counter parts can see it when u re on ground .... Indirectly it's a form of advert they ve not paid for ? I think the airline should even pay me for showing people out their the hospitality I enjoyed in the aircraft .

Been cultured in your terms could mean a different thing to me .i don't think I will ever put a stop to this habit , whenever I fly aero their take home pack goes home with me .

6 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kittykat1(f): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Zelinjo:
@antoinne, it's amusing to see someone so confident in their ignorance.

Nothing is free.

If you know anything about accounting or business, you would know that before a price is set, a margin has to be agreed upon after taking into consideration all costs.

All costs including the one you're ignorantly calling free. Meaning that if you remove the cost of food, it will result in either higher margin and profits for the company or a reduced ticket price for you.

You sound more local and ignorant than the people you're insulting .

It's not only free. Free ko. Free ni.

I couldn't agree more with you. The highest level of ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kittykat1(f): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Onegai:

You are a Bush Gehs! Yels I said so. Because you've been travelling a lot and see random stuff like this as no biggie (anything that serves your convenience makes much more sense than trying to appear "sophisticated"wink whereas the OP and some posters (one is even championing United domestic, the US' s most irritating airline ever!) are more sophisticated than the rest of us humble folk.

OP, if you realllllyyyy wanna show off your "sophistication", you would put up pics of your "klassy" self in First class, in Singapore Airlines or even Virgin on certain routes (Btw, Singapore Airlines is a dream come true and the truly rich order their food at the lounge so it gets taken on the plane for them). But if you're slumming it in Economy VA (not even springing for extra legroom in Premium Economy! ) and you're whining here about "sophistication", darlin'.... sit ya black arse down with the rest of the poor folk.

Antoinne, of course, this is merely my very humble opinion, pray continue to educate us and enlighten us. smiley

I expected to see her write she only flies private jets . Chartered d or personally owned, any will suffice. At the least first class. Cultured my left arse

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by sleek82(m): 9:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

na only u be the person whey dey layover for the plane

justifying nonsense
please you and antoinne shuld just get a life and stop bringing useless topics on nairaland in the name of tryin to be posh. If you read ma previous comments then i think you should be able to comprehend all i av been saying......na people like you go see a Nigerian take food off airplane in 'takeaway' packs and say they are uncultured, and then see a white man in business class section do the same and say he is been humble or conservative. Because you flew sosoliso once or twice makes you think you have all d experience and you are posh....mschew!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by sleek82(m): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
kittykat1:

I couldn't agree more with you. The highest level of ignorance
no mind kobe79 and antoinne....embracing alienation of culture and the so-called whites who taught you the meaning of being posh are the ones who do d craziest uncultured things most
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by chrisbarns(m): 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
Nigerians too like awoof abeg.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by RentedReality(m): 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Enjoy. Don't forget to stuff your stomach while at it.

I gave my previous comment a thought while munching my way to the arrivals. I retract that comment. Yeah, I said it.

Too many people bashing your opinion here, I can't subscribe to that.

My ex also had "Posh Syndrome" so I can identify.

Had to teach her how to eat pounded yam with her hands, price a black cab, choose friends based on their post code (SW 12), stay away from Harrods, introduced her to TK Maxx, fly Ryanair, test drive a Ferrari with your student I.D, tip a Michellin star Chef, visit Peckham and not get robbed.

Feel me yet? I doubt.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by DICKtator: 9:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
lexyman:

Do u know that the airliner wants you to take the pack away by making it to look decent and presentable ,so that other passengers that have boarded the aircraft of their counter parts can see it when u re on ground .... Indirectly it's a form of advert they ve not paid for ? I think the airline should even pay me for showing people out their the hospitality I enjoyed in the aircraft .

Been cultured in your terms could mean a different thing to me .i don't think I will ever put a stop to this habit , whenever I fly aero their take home pack goes home with me .

Hmmmm.... Integrated marketing communication skills

Brand strategist

You have an eye for details

Hope you're working in my team?

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by sleek82(m): 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
chrisbarns:
Nigerians too like awoof abeg.
im not sure i understand your definition of awoof.....someone paying for 350- 597k flight, only for him/her to take away a 10 dollar food packed in takeaway packs off d plane, would u call dat awoof?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by chubbyswit(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
MsZeezah:
Antoinne,

Please stop making a fool of yourself by trying so hard to be a definition of your own version of "cultured".

People take food out of airplanes, no biggie. Personally, I won't because I haven't been on an airline that serves Nigerian food and I am not a fan of western food. But I will damn right takes snacks (Pretzels, Almonds, Pistasios) out of a plane.

And FYI: lots of white people do too! Or are they not the definition of cultured to you? People like you are the ones who worship anything western forgetting they're are the nastiest of nasty. Trying to act more western than the westerners. Boo!

I paid for it and imma take it out. And did I hear you say international flights or even airlines don't allow you take food past security? cheesy We have taken Jollof Rice past security before and we even told them we had cooked food. So far it isn't liquid, you're good.

All in all, you're plenty of shades of ignorant and uncultured. And I should add that you sound like a wannabe who just started flying or airplanes with little or no exposure. You're trying too hard Hun, bring it down a notch and maybe...just maybe it wouldn't look so much like a struggle. Laters
lolz

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by lexyman(m): 9:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
DICKtator:

Hmmmm.... Integrated marketing communication skills

Brand strategist

You have an eye for details

Hope you're working in my team?

grin grin grin grin

I am seriously with u on this ... Someone shld tell Op that ,this is Nigeria , we are not Oyinbo and we will not behave like one cos we want people to respect us in that regard .... Even the bible made me to understand that we shldnt be wasteful . If what I am doing is not a sin and I am not causing harm to anybody , I don't think I want to stop it . In the world of today so many things have been redefined , u have to follow the trend . Soon that book that you picked as ur manual that erroneously showed you that taking food pack out of the plane is Ucultured has been updated ... You re now reading the old version ....go and look for the new version those error has been corrected

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.