Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,375 members, 7,864,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:42 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547946 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fagbon01: 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2010
@sparta 2,
y shud dey contact you,i believe any body that need help can get it on this thread and if you want to be of help you can answer any bodies request on the thread.
we are families here and we do it plain and clean,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2010
sparta 2:

Sorry for deviating,please those who need assistance on their application for spring semester can contact me on-- 07067196075 or spartanconcepts1@gmail.com.for any assistance whatsoever you might need.

Sparta, respond to every question(s) here. Atleast u know that u are deviating. we are one BIG family. we are here to help ourselves with free info. MEMBERS BEWARE!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sparta2: 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2010
ok.I am here for you all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sparta2: 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2010
For those who would want the list of some cheap universities in USA.

1) UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA.
www.usd.edu

2) SOUTH WEST MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY
www.smsu.edu

3) BEMIDJI STATE UNIVERSITY.
www.bemidjistate.edu

4) MINOT STATE UNIVERSITY
www.minotstateu.edu

5) BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY IDAHO
www.byui.edu.

6) SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY
www3.sdstate.edu

The nice thing about these schools is that you are not meant to write any special exams to qualify for these cheap and affordable tuition.And also most of them(if not all) do not request SAT for admission purposes and only a few of them request for TOEFL and of course you are entittled to work on campus for the first year and off campus subsequent years.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sparta2: 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2010
others include:

7) MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY MOORHEAD.
www.mnstate.edu

cool ST.CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY
www.stcloudstate.edu

9) MAYVILLE STATE UNIVERSITY
www.masu.nodak.edu

10) OKLAHOMA PANHANDLE STATE UNIVERSITY.
www.opsu.edu

11) DICKINSON STATE UNIVERSITY.
www.dickinsonstate.edu

12) UNIVERSITY OF NORTH ALABAMA.
www.una.edu

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chiazogom: 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2010
I still have not gotten the response to the question. I think the spirit in this thread is dieing. It was used to be that when someone mentions they have interview and they have a question, everyone responds with their advise. That is not happening anymore. I think some people get response and some don't. I have contributed to people's querry and I am suprised noone is responding to my querry. only Dalseeky answered. I am only asking if anyone has used or intends to use online print of WAEC statement of result. I beleieve someone must have, but I am suprised that after mentioning that my interview is on Thursday, noone is either saying goodluck or giving suggestion to the question. Just remember, when you give help to others, the same goes to you. And for the people that have obtained their visas and can answer this question and they are not, remember other people's suggestions helped you. Don't forget easily. Anyway, if you are not responding, I know these whole thing is in the hands of God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ Chiazogom,i would have helped but i am not so sure since i have not gone for interview before,i think some people go to the embassy with scratch cards but a friend of mine who went to the embassy last week was told to go back to go bring his WAEC Cert before collecting his visa,I have heard also in this thread where some people say they go with scratch card but didnt know what the aftermath result is.I would have been of help i truly know this.Anyway,i am presenting Neco Cert.I think the House gurus will find an answer to this,Just be patient and go over this thread from page 1 again.I wish you the very best of luck in your interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sparta2: 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2010
chiazogom:

I still have not gotten the response to the question. I think the spirit in this thread is dieing. It was used to be that when someone mentions they have interview and they have a question, everyone responds with their advise. That is not happening anymore. I think some people get response and some don't. I have contributed to people's querry and I am suprised noone is responding to my querry. only Dalseeky answered. I am only asking if anyone has used or intends to use online print of WAEC statement of result. I beleieve someone must have, but I am suprised that after mentioning that my interview is on Thursday, noone is either saying goodluck or giving suggestion to the question. Just remember, when you give help to others, the same goes to you. And for the people that have obtained their visas and can answer this question and they are not, remember other people's suggestions helped you. Don't forget easily. Anyway, if you are not responding, I know these whole thing is in the hands of God.
@chiazogom,
yes one of my clients used the online printed result of his WAEC and he was granted Visa.
My advice to you:if you do not have the original go with the online printed copy and be prepared to give a tangible reason why the original is not yet ready if asked.I WISH YOU SUCCESS IN YOUR INTERVIEW.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2010
@chiazogom, and also be prepared 2 give reasons on why ur yet 2 get the original copy, besides if u finished school a long tym ago they believe you should have the original so put that in mind and a proper backup answer, All the best with ur interview
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chiazogom: 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2010
@Vandops, Sparta and Ojaps, thanks for your response and advice. @Vandops, I just took the GCE last year, and so certificates I hear are not due till a year later. I am still hoping to get a response from someone who presented the online print out and how the defense went and and the follow-up questions. The more the advice the better for me. This is what we do in this house and it is no secret why a lot of people in this thread are getting thier visas.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by picckito: 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2010
hello house, please i want to know weather i must go to embassy with my transcript because i don't have any one with me my school refuse to give me one and the one i have, have already posted to my school.please answer
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ Pickito,you will need your transcript,my school didnt give me my own by hand but i was lucky i have the WES Evaluation,dat is what i am planning to use and i hope they will see reasons with me.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2010
chiazogom:

Guy, you don scatter finish. Since Dasleeky answered you question properly, there's no need to respond again, and I guess that's what applies to others too. All the same, you're right, it's not as lively again. Nevertheless, all the best. Confidence is key, anticipate to answer what Vandops just asked but I think the print-out too is fine if you've the scratch card as well. Above all, Go with GOD and Come back with testimonies IJN. Meanwhile, check out these few interview tips that gongo aso posted when this trend stared started. It really helped me. All the best.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by obeycity: 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2010
olule:

Somebody Help Urgently!!!!

I went to Seme Benin to pay my SEVIS fee, my PASSPORT not stamped, no official evidence I went. However, my SEVIS RECEIPT indicated my address as Seme Seme Benin. The problem now is that I want to fill my DS 160. Should I state I have been to Benin? You know the consular officer will have access to my PASSPORT, DS 160, and SEVIS FEE RECEIPT on my interview day. I would not like to be thought to be a potential immigration law offender, and more importantly, I would like to be honest.

Thank you.

@ Olule, I had the same issue when I sent WU from Seme but it could be fixed. All you need do is send an email to " fmjfee.SEVIS@DHS.gov " with " Copy of Receipt " as the subject of the email, then put the following infos as the body of the email;

Dear Sir/Ma,

I would like to request a copy of my sevis payment receipt sent to my home address.
Below is the address and other necessary information.

FULL NAME :
SEVIS ID :
RECEIPT NUMBER: (Confirmation Number):
DOB :
ADDRESS :
CITY :
STATE :
ZIPCODE:

check the status of your payment online in 2 business days after sending this email and reprint.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olule(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2010
@obeycity
Thank you so much for the advice. It's very helpful. Though I have tried something like that, but my mail is not as detailed as you have suggested. If I don't get a correction it two days, I will employ your format. Thanks.

@chiazogom
I also had the same thing in mind concerning the health of this thread- it's dying. Maybe its because most guys for Fall are thru with their interview, only we late-goers are left. So sorry not to respond to you question. I had no clue. However, I wish you God's Grace as you go for your interview on Thursday, from the bottom of my heart.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Laughter1(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2010
sparta 2:

others include:

7) MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY MOORHEAD.
www.mnstate.edu

cool ST.CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY
www.stcloudstate.edu

9) MAYVILLE STATE UNIVERSITY
www.masu.nodak.edu

10) OKLAHOMA PANHANDLE STATE UNIVERSITY.
www.opsu.edu

11) DICKINSON STATE UNIVERSITY.
www.dickinsonstate.edu

12) UNIVERSITY OF NORTH ALABAMA.
www.una.edu

I m feeling sparta! Nice research my man. Keep up the good work, and post more when you come across them. Those Universities you listed are really cheap compared to others. Most cheap US universities are in Minnesota and North Dakota according my research. Many of them offer in-state tuition to international students.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2010
Hi house,

4 dos doin d research keep on d gud work,

femilangy, gongo aso, oyewolejos, wemsabbey,
nethacker - where r u alll?

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2010
Sparta, since you know bout all these schools you should be able to know too if it is possible to force a transfer in your first year, either by lying or by pretending to be sick. I believe there must be a way. If you know please lets know bout it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omofavour: 11:39pm On Aug 03, 2010
“Oh that men will praise the Lord for His goodness and His wonderful works to the children of men”

Was at ABJ today for my interview and I must tell u na God o. Remember my last post was all about grace which mattered the most.

The Story long small but make I summarize.

Today apparently was a good one and those two nice guys are truly nice. Infact there is this particular guy that hardly denies anyone visa to the extent that for the only two people he denied he felt so bad he had to even show sadness himself….cos I saw that unhappiness on his face and he had a changed mood. Perhaps he felt sad that he gave them all the chances to state their case but they were also disappointing to him.
Secondly, the prayer of nairalanders have tied that Chinese woman o. All thru today, after interviewing 3 pple ( and of course denying them after a long boring interview), na so dem post am permanently to dey do Biometrics o. Good enuff, most people had issues with the machine hence she needs spend more time sorting that out therefore leaving people to fall in2 the hands of the correct guys.
Make I go to my own Story

VO: Next applicant at 7 please

ME :Good morning sir (With a wide wide smile…He just denied 2 students right
before me and his mood had changed and he appeared upset so I had to do all I can to set my own stage…Na so I call on God 4 my mind make Him help me o)

VO: Yes Good morning sir, Can I have ur passports application and appointment pls

ME : sure, here ( Passed them to him)

VO: So what do u wanna go and do in the US

ME :To study

VO :Study what

ME: to study for a Masters in Public Health

VO: Where

ME :At the university of Illinois at Chicago

VO :Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria before? (guess he looked into my passport)

ME :Yes

VO :Where did u travel to

ME :South Africa, United Kingdom

VO :What did u go and do in the UK

ME :I attended a conference by……

VO: wen was dat

ME: Sometime around June last year

VO :Why did u go for that conference

ME…was at that time a volunteer for Clinton Foundation on HIV/AIDS so I went 4 it cos it was relevant

VO sadcuts in) Oh so uve been with the Clinton foundation?
…so Wats O.V.C

ME: (thought it was a form dat I had not filled)…. Stared at him and repeated O.V.C?

VO : Yeah wat does it mean

ME: Oh u mean its full meaning…dats Orphans and Vulnerable Children

VO :so u intend 2 come back and do those kinds of jobs,

ME : yeah…I ve been doing it already so its familiar territory

VO: did u know Maria at the Clinton foundation?

ME : no …never met her (wetin be my own with maria…magdalene?)

VO: Okay

VO: Whats ur profession

ME : I am a doctor

VO : How much do u earn monthly

ME : Bleep,Bleep naira ( Gave a convincing 6 digit figure the same one I filled into my
DS-160)

VO: so who is paying for your trip 2d US

ME : My brother

VO :Wat does he do

ME :He is Chief Executive Officer of an Information technology Company…, in Lagos
(Even tho no be say na one big company o and the number of people for the company no many like that o …I was told to portray your sponsor in very good light)

VO :Can I see bank statements

ME :yes , give me a minute pls…(shuffled tru my folder for a while, I no know where that statement go hide after I don arrange am wella o)
showed him

VO : so ow come his last name is different from yours

ME :He was surnamed after my grandfather while I was surnamed after my father (This is one question I had been rehearsing how to answer cos though he is our firstborn, we really don’t bear the same surname and I knew I had to be firmly convincing on that)

ME : ….I could show u a document from my father that confirms that,

VO: …cuts in. Don’t worry. I believe you

ME : Thanks

VO : Pick up ur visa at this address in 2 days. Chicago is a great city and I am sure u wd enjoy it

ME : thanks lots, heard so too. Cheers

VO: Next applicant please

ME : Almost 4got my I-20 on his desk!!!!!!…

My Advise

1. Please nairalanders, first impression matters a lot….dress neatly and well and reasonably responsibly too. Don’t be rough at all. U can Imagine an F1 applicant today went in with this kain D-banj goggles. Trust the Chinese woman… even at the point of doing biometrics she had alredy started tackling the the guy roughly. She asked if he had an eye problem, then she warned him not to wear those for the interview proper. Unfortunately the guy was denied and sincerely among other things, that appearance must av contributed.

2. Be polite to those guys. In all fairness , they try to be polite when addressing us but u can also imagine another f1 applicant today who rudely replied the CO for asking her to repeat what she just said. (the applicant didn’t know that her first answer wasn’t satisfactory and he was infact giving her another opportunity to say something more reasonably convincing by rudely telling the officer “is that not what I told u just now” ). Haba, we are Africans and respect is deeply ingrained into our culture. Sadly she also was denied

3. If you have any gaps in your years in school, be careful of what u say…. Those guys blatantly told a guy who claimed he has been doing a computer training that they know that no computer training lasts for more than a maximum 1 year!

4. Bring some warmth into the interview . we all know from our various places of work ow the attitude of certain clients tend to somehow bring to bear on ow the interactions eventually turn out. Those guys spend a bulk of their time there and somehow, they ckd be quite rewarding to those who give them a nice time on their job….we are all humans.

5. Find a relevance for what u wanna do in Nigeria! Watsoeva it is. I was sad wen a guy simply cld not defend why he wanted to study International Relations. He cld av just said that “Nigeria is assuming an increasingly important role in the west African Subregion and expertise in >R will be required in both the long term and short term to consolidate on that …or that the nations of the world more than ever before need to seek a common front on several issues and IR is key to this … just say something…” the guy just kept saying that he just loves international relations…,
U can guess ow it eventually turned out then.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omofavour: 11:52pm On Aug 03, 2010
Hi all.
This thread must be on fire again o. I was a beneficiary of the advise, counsel, love, brotherliness,sympathy,empathy,joys ,miracles, encouragements,

Pls lets do our best for those who still have interviews scheduled for the coming weeks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omofavour: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2010
As per the question about the print out of WAEC, Something happened today, a guy brought out a computer print out and the VO told him he wants to see the original which he claimed he did not av. he then asked for ow long he had done the WAEC exam and it was about 4 yrs. VO told him dat is long enuf 4 him to av recieved it.

i will advise anyone going with such print out if he knows it is genuine, he can try get it stamped as a certified true copy from any close by court (dont be scared, its not a serious thing, just get to the court and find out any of the officials that certifies stuffs and get the stamping for a token). better still, u culd take it to WAEC office, tip them to help u track it on their database and them get them to stamp it.

Now the big deal is not about the stamp but about ow u present it ur case to the vo/.
Before you bring out that print-out (on demand), first tell him that u got a confirmed and certified true copy of ur stuff from WAEC/Magistrate and then give a cogent reason why u dont yet have the requested format.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by illinois: 12:17am On Aug 04, 2010
i got my visa in june but i'm just going to US next wk, they say studies in yanki is easier dan in 9ja? undecided, does anyone knw if this is true? my schl fees na 30k annual so i must not dull, i'm leaving during my nysc & i was scared b4 but dont give a damn now. this thread rili gave me an idea of d rite composure so i hope this helps some1 too.

MBA candidate grin cool

0L0RUN NI SOLA
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 1:08am On Aug 04, 2010
illinois:

i got my visa in june but i'm just going to US next wk, they say studies in yanki is easier dan in 9ja? undecided, does anyone knw if this is true? my schl fees na 30k annual so i must not dull, i'm leaving during my nysc & i was scared b4 but dont give a damn now. this thread rili gave me an idea of d rite composure so i hope this helps some1 too.

MBA candidate grin cool

0L0RUN NI SOLA

U wish is easier.
Just be ready for homework and silly group work and thank God u not going for Engineering then u will know that there is difference between Khaki and leather. College education here is as hard as anything but easy for people who have the mindset to get what they want.
It's not easy at all and people who spent 7 years doing a 5 year course will know better[b][/b]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 1:36am On Aug 04, 2010
omofavour

You did great.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tboy81(m): 2:13am On Aug 04, 2010
Wow! It's good to be back to this thread. This thread was a good resource for me in getting my Visa exactly 1 year ago (i posted my interview Q and A then)

For the guy asking if studying here is easy; . . . . omo, it's not o! You must be prepared to work your socks off, especially when the homeworks/projects/midterms come thick and fast.

To put it in proper perspective; taking 3 courses in Grad School per semester here in the US is more stressful than when i was taking 6-8 courses per semester during my undergrad in Naija.

Congrats to all those that have gotten your Visa and wishing the one's getting ready for their interviews God's favour.

Hopefully i can help in answering some questions in the coming weeks, before another crazy Fall 2010 semester starts smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omofavour: 4:05am On Aug 04, 2010
Hi all,

Please how can one get the best deal (best for me means cheapest) as per airline to yankee.

Na chicago I dey go but dont mind an initial Atlanta or NewYork landing after wich I go find my way.(okada, molue, BRT, Keke NAPEP, 'borris' or treking sef)

overall, is it better to do a one way or to kuku close eyes pay for return ticket?

wich way to get the best student deals?,
Any fellow nairalander heading for Chicago?
Holla back pls
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 9:04am On Aug 04, 2010
Hi guys,
Please I am yet to get my I-20 (Spring Semester). I'll like to know if I can present my sponsor's certificate of fixed deposit as an evidence of availability of funds first to the school and then to the US embassy.

Expecting your usual kind responses.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by adeniyi334: 10:33am On Aug 04, 2010
Visit http://www.fngcenter.com/american-consulate-in-nigeria/ and http://www.fngcenter.com/visa-counseling-in-nigeria/ for visa counseling from the Americans themselves. The place is located at GRA Ikeja and it is owned by Americans. From what I see they have some solid connections. Hope this helps.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sparta2: 10:46am On Aug 04, 2010
djunit1:

Sparta, since you know bout all these schools you should be able to know too if it is possible to force a transfer in your first year, either by lying or by pretending to be sick. I believe there must be a way. If you know please lets know bout it
Yes you can transfer after your first semester to any of the listed schools above legally.But just make sure you have up to atleast 15 credits in your first semester.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
sparta 2:

Yes you can transfer after your first semester to any of the listed schools above legally.But just make sure you have up to atleast 15 credits in your first semester.

After first semester? That is after paying about 20k inclusive of housing and feeding. I wish I could transfer immediately when I get there. Do you see the highlighted word? If there is a way to bypass it please drop the bomb!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2010
House,abeg,i am writing on behalf of one of my guy who wants to apply for masters in Biochemistry in the USA,He wants a cheap school but he has a low Gre scores of 940 and a GPA of 2.7(WES evaluation).Which school do you think he can apply to?I will so much be happy if anyone can give me the list of the schools in the USA.For those that got their visa today,i am happy for you.please,remember those of us going for interview later in your prayers.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by picckito: 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2010
house i am happy for you concern towards my education, my problem is that the embassy have scheduled for an expedited student visa interview for me on August 19, 2010 and the told me to delete my previously scheduled appointment date, so house i want to know if it possible for me to delete The previously appointment date that bears 25th august 2010. hoping to hear from you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.