Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,347 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546150 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ambchika: 9:46am On Aug 18, 2010
Pls i want to find out if NECo is accepted in USA. Ineed the reply immediatly plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 10:04am On Aug 18, 2010
@Ambichika,Some schools accepts NECO while some don't accept.Find out with the skul u have in mind admission's officer probably thru email.Let me knw if i can be of further help.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 10:09am On Aug 18, 2010
@Skyaxe,ur questions are nt direct,be str8 4wrd.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ambchika: 10:15am On Aug 18, 2010
@ Chiagozom pls direct me on what to do. I am a H>N>grin holder and i want to study nursing in USA.Which result should i use to apply? is it my Secondary school or My HND result.my sec result is NECO,is neco accepted there? My uncle is willing to help. pls advice me , I dont want to miss the spring fall admission.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ambchika: 10:19am On Aug 18, 2010
@OjaP I want to apply to Dalton state college and Berea college, pls help me
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ambchika: 10:26am On Aug 18, 2010
@ Ojap can you give me the names of the schools tha accept Neco pls
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2010
@Ambchika,y not apply to a University proper?I am not so sure of a specific skul bt wt i wil advice is dat mail the school or give them a kal.USA is not like Naija,they will reply you.If you are starting afresh,go and do SAT.Why do u have to go for undergraduate studies when u ve ur HND?Y nt masters?anyway,u can search the skuls through google.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by arshy(m): 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2010
I am glad to inform the house that I was at US embassy Abuja this morning and I came out with the GREEN ticket. This is just absolutely the work of the LIVING GOD.
Firstly, God held the dreaded Chinese woman to biometric. There were three counters there, counter 7, 8, and 9. I was trying to avoid counter 9 because his questions were too much. Infact there was a guy who went out twice when the guy called for next applicant and everybody was laughing. I even thought he will not get it, but he is on his way to yankee too.lolz
Anyway, the guy at Counter 9 called me and my interview is as follows;

CO: Good morning
Me: Morning
CO: Can I have your papers (I passed them to him)
CO: So, you are going to, (I cut in and mentioned the name of the school)
CO: OK, i can see
CO: Do you have anybody in US
Me: Yes, my wife is also studying at XYZ University (Masters)
CO: Why didn't u apply to that school (My school is different from that of my wife)
Me: The school is not offering my course and their research area does not align with my career objective which is global climate change
CO: Are u and your wife coming back?
Me: Yes
CO: To come and do what?
Me: She will come and apply the knowledge to help Nigeria in , (i just frame up one research area that I know is a bit closer to her course. I am not even sure whether what I said was right or wrong, but I said something sha), and i stated my career objective as well
Co: I can see you have two children with her (my case is critical o, lolz)
Me: Yes please
Co: Are u paying their medical bills because international students must cater for their own medicals
Co: Can i see the receipt of the bill (This is where the whaala started from)
Me: I brought out my wife's bank statement
Co: No, I want to see the bill
Me: I showed him my father-in-law's bank statement
Co: No, i want to see the receipt (Inside of me, i said i don enter am today)
Co: How long will it take you to get me the receipts
Me: May be a week or two (At this point, I was just talking, i didn't know what I was saying again)
Co: Brought out one sheet, and said I am going to ask you to come back whenever you get the receipt
Me: But the school has resumed already (My schl resumed on Monday, 16th)
Co: I know
Me: (I was looking at him trying to fill the form for me)
Co: Ok, can i see your transcript, i mean any test, exams, GRE, GMAT
Me: I brought them out in their shinning armour (lolz)
Co: How many schools did u apply to?
Me: Two, i mentioned their names and the course I applied for
Co: I can see u have graduated since 2004, what have you been doing?
Me: I told him
Co: (he started typing and checking somethings, at this point I thought i have the visa, but for where) I can see you have two children
Me: (I was becoming tired, why going back to the children again, abi na whaala to be a father of two) Yes
Co: and the two of them are US citizen
Me: No, only one
Co: But you wrote here that they are both US citizen
Me: No, check again
Co: He checked and said Ok, but when did your wife leave for US, and how old are the children
Me: My wife left in Jan (she was 3 months pregnant b4 she left). I told him the age of the kids
Co: Ok, I am going to take the risk of given you the visa
Me: Thank you
Co: Clipped one green ticket to my passport, returned all the other documents except my passport, and gave me the green ticket, and asked me to pick my passport on Friday.

I must tell you, I did not hide the joy right from the cubicle, everybody know I am going to yankee.
My lesson here is that no matter how hard it appears, stick to the truth. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, be honest and let God do the rest. My case is just that of God and God (and I tried to be honest as much as I know).

So, I enter yankee be that o, who else wanna come on board, lolz
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2010
arshy:

I am glad to inform the house that I was at US embassy Abuja this morning and I came out with the GREEN ticket. This is just absolutely the work of the LIVING GOD.
Firstly, God held the dreaded Chinese woman to biometric. There were three counters there, counter 7, 8, and 9. I was trying to avoid counter 9 because his questions were too much. Infact there was a guy who went out twice when the guy called for next applicant and everybody was laughing. I even thought he will not get it, but he is on his way to yankee too.lolz
Anyway, the guy at Counter 9 called me and my interview is as follows;

CO: Good morning
Me: Morning
CO: Can I have your papers (I passed them to him)
CO: So, you are going to, (I cut in and mentioned the name of the school)
CO: OK, i can see
CO: Do you have anybody in US
Me: Yes, my wife is also studying at XYZ University (Masters)
CO: Why didn't u apply to that school (My school is different from that of my wife)
Me: The school is not offering my course and their research area does not align with my career objective which is global climate change
CO: Are u and your wife coming back?
CO: To come and do what?
Me: She will come and apply the knowledge to help Nigeria in , (i just frame up one research area that I know is a bit closer to her course. I am not even sure whether what I said was right or wrong, but I said something sha), and i stated my career objective as well
Co: I can see you have two children with her (my case is critical o, lolz)
Me: Yes please
Co: Are u paying their medical bills because international students must cater for their own medicals
Co: Can i see the receipt of the bill (This is where the whaala started from)
Me: I brought out my wife's bank statement
Co: No, I want to see the bill
Me: I showed him my father-in-law's bank statement
Co: No, i want to see the receipt (Inside of me, i said i don enter am today)
Co: How long will it take you to get me the receipts
Me: May be a week or two (At this point, I was just talking, i didn't know what I was saying again)
Co: Brought out one sheet, and said I am going to ask you to come back whenever you get the receipt
Me: But the school has resumed already (My schl resumed on Monday, 16th)
Co: I know
Me: (I was looking at him trying to fill the form for me)
Co: Ok, can i see your transcript, i mean any test, exams, GRE, GMAT
Me: I brought them out in their shinning armour (lolz)
Co: How many schools did u apply to?
Me: Two, i mentioned their names and the course I applied for
Co: I can see u have graduated since 2004, what have you been doing?
Me: I told him
Co: (he started typing and checking somethings, at this point I thought i have the visa, but for where) I can see you have two children
Me: (I was becoming tired, why going back to the children again, abi na whaala to be a father of two) Yes
Co: and the two of them are US citizen
Me: No, only one
Co: But you wrote here that they are both US citizen
Me: No, check again
Co: He checked and said Ok, but when did your wife leave for US, and how old are the children
Me: My wife left in Jan (she was 3 months pregnant b4 she left). I told him the age of the kids
Co: Ok, I am going to take the risk of given you the visa
Me: Thank you
Co: Clipped one green ticket to my passport, returned all the other documents except my passport, and gave me the green ticket, and asked me to pick my passport on Friday.

I must tell you, I did not hide the joy right from the cubicle, everybody know I am going to yankee.
My lesson here is that no matter how hard it appears, stick to the truth. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, be honest and let God do the rest. My case is just that of God and God (and I tried to be honest as much as I know).

So, I enter yankee be that o, who else wanna come on board, lolz

Congratulations!!!! This is What God can do. I give him praise.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by arshy(m): 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^^^^, thanks my guy.
I will be a fool and an ingrate to forget Nethacker, Oyewoles, Femilangy, Gongo Aso (gongo tun ti so o), Superbrain and Godeagle (my paddy from "preparing for GRE" section), and also my wife - the greatest woman I have ever met. (Thank you honey, the e-marriage is over, lolz)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by obeycity: 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2010
arshy:

^^^^^^, thanks my guy.
I will be a fool and an ingrate to forget Nethacker, Oyewoles, Femilangy, Gongo Aso (gongo tun ti so o), Superbrain and Godeagle (my paddy from "preparing for GRE" section), and also my wife - the greatest woman I have ever met. (Thank you honey, the e-marriage is over, lolz)

@ arshy congratulations, welcome aboard the yankee train, lol
More good news to come, will somebody say amen??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2010
Amen.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ arshy, Brother!!! I've been screaming since I read your testimony. I remember vividly how we scaled the GRE hurdle. I'm so happy for you. Thanks be to God, who will perfect all that concerns you. This is just the beginning. Get ready for greater things. One love!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2010
Congrats arshy. That consular is always taking risks to give people visa. That is what he told me too even though I did not answer correctly but I made sure I said something and believe that is why he gave me. And God too played a big part. I can't wait to get to yankee.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ arshy, congrats! I and whoever is left to go for their interview are next on the line to join the Yankee train. My interview comes up Tuesday Next-week. My Sevis status is active and e-receipt is now ready. Though still waiting for the original via DHL soon. Will keep the house posted of developments. Will surely come back for final prep b4 my interview. Any house member going to NYC apart from Djunit1? I think I will need some help settling in for the first fewq days after my visa.

Ciaooo!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Elpieda: 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2010
Congratulations to arshy, and everyone else who is yet to go for their interview, I wish you all the best, Just be you and trust in God, and have a safe trip coming over to the states,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2010
@seniorak47,my interview is on Tuesday too bt in Abuja,are u interviewing in Abuja too?@arshy,congrats,i am happy for you.All housemates,myself and Seniorak47 needs your prayer @ this stage.We will surely come with the good news.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ludab: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2010
@Ojap, what your friend main CGPA and the scale in Nigeria before it's been evaluated by WES on a scale of 4.

Kindly share.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2010
@Ludab,his Naija Gpa is 2.4 while his Wes is 2.7,ur gpa increases when WES Evaluates.Reason been that if u have an "E" grade here,U.S equates it to their own "C".They assume if u have an E,u undastand the course.If u have 2.1 in Naija,its USA equivalent is 3.0 and above,2.2 is btw 2.7 to 2.9.dat 2.9 means strong 2.2.I think u undastand all these.What is your GPA?LET me also know if i can be of further help.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2010
OjaP:

@seniorak47,my interview is on Tuesday too bt in Abuja,are u interviewing in Abuja too?@arshy,congrats,i am happy for you.All housemates,myself and Seniorak47 needs your prayer @ this stage.We will surely come with the good news.

@arshy, congrats brother, 
@ OjaP & Seniorak47, God go do im thing,  wish u guys tha best!
@Elpieda & Nethacker, thanks for schooling us on the ID issue,
@  house in general, Big ups!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2010
Hi house, thanks for always been there.

@ Ojap; mine is in lasgidi but we will meet here afterward with great stories to tell.

@Ludab; I think Ojap has provided a general info about WES method however, there are certain details you need to know. The type of evaluation required by schools is called 'course by course' evaluation report. It consider each course/subject one after the other and convert your score/grade to the equivalence of a US course unit system. The overall CGPA is not just picked and converted rather each subject, the related score, and the credit unit is converted to the US equivalence and used in calculating a GPA for you. In essence, the denominator used by your previous school will have an impact on the eventual outcome. For instance, LASPOTECH system is over 4 same as that of the US. Final outcome for a graduate of this and other schools with similar denominator will be very close to the existing one. However, other schools like UNILAG witha scale over 5 and YABATECH with a scale over 7 or so (am not sure) will have final converted CGPA at variance with the original one.

For instance, in my own case, I had a CGPA of 3.23/4.0 from ND at LASPOTECH and a CGPA of 4.14/5.0 for BSC at UNILAG. The eventual outcome was 3.23/4.0 on the US system. However, I believe it should have been more but for some mistakes in my BSC transcript. Though my BSC final CGPA was right but the calculations and some scores were obviously wrongly done from my school. But in the end WES will tell your new school what your grade is worth compared to a US degree.

If you need more info on how to make the WES processes easier, I can oblige any house member coz my own experience lasted almost a year just for the evaluation. In the process, I learned alot about the system and likely potholes I should have avoided.

Ciaooo!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2010
Seniorak47 by the time u are ready for NY I would be there already so you could hopefully stay at my place for sometime as I intend to rent a place as soon as I land.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ Djunit1; you are the bomb! Will surely appreciate that. Will give you a call later today and probably see you if you are in Lagos during this weekend. If not, we see in the God' Own Country. thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ludab: 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ojap and @seniorak47, thanks for the response.

If the CGPA is of 2.4 in 6 years, i mean 1 year extra year, what's it equivalent with that of WES evaluation. Moreover, resat carry over with good grade, how did they calculated it.

Perhaps, how more is the cost of WES and how long it takes for the evaluation. Meanwhile, did they send it to any institution you want to send your transcripts to in future time and how much per send.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
Even if you have 2 extra yrs,in as much ur CGPA is 2.4,Your WES evaluation cnt be less than 2.7.WES doesnot consider a "F" when calculating,if you have a F and you resit and pass,they will only calculate the one u resit and pass.They believe u having a F shows u really dunno undastnd the Course and that this is nt your fault especially when you now pass it at a second sitting.So,you dont have to fear that F will affect your evaluation,Your WES evaluation will be btw the range of 2.70 to 2.73.I am so sure of this.And yes,you can order your evaluation to be sent to as many institutions as you want.For price,go to www.wes.org.Let me know if u have more questions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 12:28am On Aug 20, 2010
to those that got visas, CONGRAT!!! to those that want to apply to college, NO TRY AM!!! A WORD IS ENOF FOR THE WISE!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2010
Hello House,

Greetings and regards, I arrived Atlanta yesterday, from Atlanta I took a connecting flight to Salt Lake City in Utah and from Utah i left for Idaho, I am in my school and things are going as planned. I really want to appreciate the house for the warmth and encouragement, I am here and I would support this thread all the way, also I would do my best to keep the flag flying.
Enjoy everyone.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2010
congrats to all who have received their visas. For those who are going to interview, i wish u success. No matter who interviews u, u are coming back to this house with ur visas.
I'm still expecting my I-20 for spring 2011.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ bomly

Hello House,

Greetings and regards, I arrived Atlanta yesterday, from Atlanta I took a connecting flight to Salt Lake City in Utah and from Utah i left for Idaho, I am in my school and things are going as planned. I really want to appreciate the house for the warmth and encouragement, I am here and I would support this thread all the way, also I would do my best to keep the flag flying.
Enjoy everyone.

Congrats! I pray you enjoy your studies/stay in America, and may you come back home with lots of goodies when ever you choose to. Enjoy!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
bomly:

Hello House,

Enjoy everyone.

Thank God for Journey mercy, for those that will be traveling soon, the lord will grant all journey mercy. pls you people should not forget those of that applied for spring. My I-20 is still on the way.  smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2010
I'm still waiting for my I-20 i can't wait to join you people in God Own Country.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
@benom and seeedod, am expecting my own I-20 too oh from texas a&m.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.