Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545540 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 5:38am On Aug 24, 2010
@ aroy, no calculators were allowed. As regards my scores, I already answered that. Check my previous posts. Please spend time to improve on your performance in the verbal section. It could affect your overall score positively or negatively. I assume you're going for an Engineering course. All the best bro. Will add you on ym.

@ OjaP, it is a done deal. What are you still doing lurking around in Naija? Pick up that visa today and move ASAP. It is yours already.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 5:49am On Aug 24, 2010
@Oja P and other in this house going for their interview today, I pray that the almighty God will go with u. U shall return with testimonies. All the stress u have passed thru and all the money u have spent will not be in vain. May God cause the person that will interview u to favour u exceptionally. In Jesus name, Amen.

For those of us preparing for spring, its time oh! Lets get busy!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 5:55am On Aug 24, 2010
hi guys, i've already made my application for spring. But i need to make 2 more applications. The problem is that i don't have a credit card anymore. Any suggestions from the house on how to pay for apllication. This is also affecting my ability to send my GRE scores to my school. I'll appreciate some good help here.

All d guys for spring, where are u! Come out oh!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 7:01am On Aug 24, 2010
@ benom, if the school accepts VISA card for payment, let me know. You can also walk into any Skye bank branch, request for a prepaid VISA card. If you provide all the requirements you will get it the same day. But make sure the payment portal of the school you're applying to accepts VISA card.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by electronic(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2010
@superbrain did OSU finally offer funding for the Phd or did u change 2 Msc.
@all We are praying 4 our guys we go hear good news
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2010
@ electronic, they will though spring applications are still under consideration. I didn't change my degree option. I think I'm better of with the Phd. Funding chances are better for doctoral students. How about you? Where are you heading and what course?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by electronic(m): 8:43am On Aug 24, 2010
@S.BRAIN Am still serving sha but am considering Phd Elect/Elect fall 2011/ spring 2012 (i guess urs is Pet Eng). I wish u best of luck sha , Phd no easy ohh with Funding or no Funding!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2010
@ OjaP: God will see you through. i am seeing you with your visa. come and testify to the house and to the Glory of God. In jesus christ name, Amen.

@djunit1: Enjoy your trip, the lord's favor will go before you to perfect every other things.

For those of us who are for spring, keep preparing and get ready to pick your visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2010
@superbrain
The school accepts visa card. I do have a first bank visa card but it does not work on the school's website.
I'll check out the skyebank prepaid today
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:00am On Aug 24, 2010
@ electronic, kk bro. I'm going for Chemical Engineering. And you're right. Schooling in the US is not easy what more going for a Phd. But I often advise my peers and other young folks who desire the best in graduate studies to apply directly for Phd instead of going the MS route. It depends on a lot though. Will PM you later.

@ benom, ok. But if you still need help, let me know.

@ our guys having interview today, oya oh! Let the testimonies start flowing so we go start to pop something,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2010
@ superbrain
Yes i still need ur help. nexxibenom@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:28am On Aug 24, 2010
@ benom, I'm beeping you on ym. I've also sent you a mail. Add me.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 10:30am On Aug 24, 2010
I was denied the VISA,infact i am in a sad mood but looking for another posible date,anybody with dates should pls post it here.The consular simply said i have no strong reasons to return back home.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:38am On Aug 24, 2010
@ OjaP, no long thing. Try to get the next possible date and go for it again. You're not the first to be denied. Take a cue from the other folks who were denied and still got theirs the same week. Words have been spoken so do the needful. We dey your back.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2010
Pleae,will i need to pay a new vfs fees and pay for another apointment,infact,there is no date in August but my school is resuming by September,so,i am thinking of geting a date in September and pleae let me know the format with which to write the lagos embassy,requesting for urgent appointment.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 10:50am On Aug 24, 2010
OjaP:

I was denied the VISA,infact i am in a sad mood but looking for another posible date,anybody with dates should pls post it here.The consular simply said i have no strong reasons to return back home.

While searching for a new date, members will like to know what transpires, to enable us advice you better in order to manoeuvr the consular next time.Be very optimistic. it is not the end of the road, you will still get ur visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2010
I will post my experience later in the day but ned to book an appointment first,i am seeing 20th sept for LAGOS now for first time aplicants,should i click renewal or am i still under first time applicant?House,pls let me know the mode of writing the embasy,i am in a sad mood now and i need all of you pleae,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:54am On Aug 24, 2010
@ Abgovernor, very true bro.

@ OjaP, post details of your interview. It will make your picture clearer.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:01am On Aug 24, 2010
ME.Good Morning
co.Good Morning,your docs
me:passed them,
CO;WHY MY SCHOOOL,
ME,TOLD HIM.
Con>How many schools do you apply to
Me:4
Con:Name them
M:Told Him.
Con,why didnt u apply to oklahoma,nevada arizona?
Me,they dont have my research option,Morseso,thy are too expensive for my parnt to pay.
Co:Where do you work.
Me:My dad company.
Con:Where do you plan to work when you return?
Me:Go back to my dad company to ad the profesional experience i might have gained to the betterment of the company.
Con:I am sorry,i wont be able to issue visa this time.

I am seeing dates for renewal in Lago,Does that means that i can choose the date since i am not a first time applicant or am i still a first applicant?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by arshy(m): 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2010
OjaP:

ME.Good Morning
co.Good Morning,your docs
me:passed them,
CO;WHY MY SCHOOOL,
ME,TOLD HIM.
Con>How many schools do you apply to
Me:4
Con:Name them
M:Told Him.
Con,why didnt u apply to oklahoma,nevada arizona?
Me,they dont have my research option,Morseso,thy are too expensive for my parnt to pay.
Co:Where do you work.
Me:My dad company.
Con:Where do you plan to work when you return?
Me:Go back to my dad company to ad the profesional experience i might have gained to the betterment of the company.
Con:I am sorry,i wont be able to issue visa this time.

I am seeing dates for renewal in Lago,Does that means that i can choose the date since i am not a first time applicant or am i still a first applicant?

Sorry about that. Two guys were denied and got their visas within thesame week, so your hope is still very bright.

@guys. Yanke is real oooooooooooooooooooooooo. Am live in Chicagooooooooo!!!!!!. Seeing my family already. I will be moving to school b4 weekend.
God is indeed Great
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
@ oja p. Don't worry at all. Just look for the nearest date and re-apply. I know u will make it. U shouldn't have told them u were coming back to work in your father's company. Especially when your father's personal account is not different from his company account. Starting your own business would have been better.
don't give up. Try the next available date and re-apply. Try as much as possible to be consistent with what u said in ur previous interview and add some more documents as proof of financial standing. Good luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2010
@ojap, nothing do u bro,keep up the faith, bomly reapplied within a week so u should be able to that too.when next you r going try and make sure your das personal account is different from his company account,also never tell a consular some schools r too expensive for your parents to pay.it is well with you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
House,i am seeing dates for september 2021.Can i book it and send an email to th embassy for expedited appointmen?If i get an earlier date later on their website,can i cancel the earlir one and book the earliest date?Urgent reply needed please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2010
@ Ojap, am very sorry to hear your story but I pray God Almighty shall in his infinite mercies grant you your most heart desire very soon by changing the stories to a good one. Don't give up. keep trying whether now or later just keep the focus. Learn from your mistakes, share your possible responses with members of the house and do a mock interview if possible with some of the learned house member acting as CO to evaluate your response and their implications. Your case is just unfortunate considering all you put into it. Even most disturbing that you have contributed to other people's success on this forum because I see every contribution as a wealth of experience to tap from. Just keep the touch Alive and very soon you shall return to the platform of this honorable house to share your testimonies. Ciao!!

@ House. thank you for your support even to the dying minutes of the race. Let me say that the race is not for the fast nor is it for the flat footed but obvious a function of the G-factor. God Almighty.

I got my F-1 visa today and it was a good experience!! The details are coming soon,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2010
OjaP:

House,i am seeing dates for september 2021.Can i book it and send an email to th embassy for expedited appointmen?If i get an earlier date later on their website,can i cancel the earlir one and book the earliest date?Urgent reply needed please.

@ OjaP, Norin do us , Yes u have to schdule a date first b4 requesting for expedited appointment, Just keep ur head up, Cos God's there for all,
@ Seniorak, Congrats
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2010
@Aroy1,thanx alot. i have worked in 3 different places b4 my present place.Can't it be explained to the interviewer all these. I have been denied 2wice, the last time being 2009 and i clearly stated all my previous employment on the 2 occassions of my denial. What are my chances?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2010
@Dasleeky,pls give me the format with which i can sendthem an expedited appointment,@seniorak47,I am happy for you bro.I am just unlucky today,Anyway,i have just booked a date for 9th september at Lagos,Please,if i see another early date later,can i cancel this and pick that date?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2010
Post Removed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2010
Let me start with the precursor to my interview proper maybe this will help to prepare other house members for such situation, should it come up in the future. Read on,

I got there at 6.40am; thanks to a very good family friend and colleague who dropped me off on his way to work. Joined the queue, got to my turn for the prelims and was asked to get a new pair of passport photos. I did for a fee from the nearby instant photo 'studio'. Returned to the line and was cleared to wait in line for transfer to doc submission point. At the point of setting off something happened. A group/family of 6 was called up while a batch can only be max 5 people. So, 1 person (the P.A to the family head) whom I tot came a bit late after the family had been called-up on compassionate ground (kids) was left out. So he took my turn when it got to my batch. I had to wait another 10mins b4 another batch of 5 was called which included me.  

After submission of my docs, I was given a green card, waited a while and was then called-in to the main hall. Then the waiting game began. Various applicants whose tag number were 10-20-30 and even 100 slots behind me were called b4 me for their biometrics. It wasn't in sequence and I started feeling something must be wrong with my docs and/or application and thats why the delay is becoming unbearable. But alas, after the long waiting spell of about 30mins I was called-up for biometrics.

A few mins after biometrics, I was waiting in line for my interview. Between the time I was waiting and the time my interview began, I saw alot of people got their visa granted and an equal volume of applicants refused. But the most scary was that the man who took my turn on the queue initially, was refused while the family of 5 was granted though at different times. The family was already done by the time my replacement was still waiting to submit his docs. There are lessons here for those who care to ponder,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:14pm On Aug 24, 2010
arshy

How was the experience with Air Maroc? Is 895$ the total cost that got you to Chicago?Honestly, that's a pretty good deal.I have taken a look at that website, cheapair, and see so many good deals there.Has your wife been using their service for a long time?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by arshy(m): 12:47am On Aug 25, 2010
aroy1:

arshy

How was the experience with Air Maroc? Is 895$ the total cost that got you to Chicago?Honestly, that's a pretty good deal.I have taken a look at that website, cheapair, and see so many good deals there.Has your wife been using their service for a long time?

It only took me to JFK in New York, she had already booked another flight for O'Hare Airport Chicago. The flying was very very smooth most especially the landing. It was a perfect experience. But, as per the services inside the plane, it wasn't really a very good one compare to Delta or KLM (but i think the price speaks the difference, lolz).

Congrats seniorak47, come to yankee with the 'senior'and drop the ák47'ooo, lolz

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.