Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,541 members, 7,837,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546917 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2010
4ril:

I'm still waiting for answer from the house, before I start initiating the call. Please, is JAMES BROWN LAWSON the same as BROWN JAMES LAWSON on the sevis system? My names were rearranged on my online receipt, and they have not been responding to my email. what should I do ooo!!!

Just call them and they should be able to to change and let you know when it will reflect that way online too. I did change my name spelling too by just calling them.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2010
helo any latest info abt interview at embassy in Lagos
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 3:14am On Oct 16, 2010
Can u imagine. ETS sent result since september 14th. This is serious oh! I am planning to request for another copy to be sent to a friend's address in the US. I hope the VO will not pick on this.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 5:38am On Oct 16, 2010
@Benom,why are you giving yourself unnecessary problem.Look for anyone that uses a P.O Box there in Naija and order ETS to send there.That is so simple.You sending to an address in USA is another red flag for and thank God you know yourself.How many times will i say it here that Post office wont bring letters to your doorstep.80% of mails rotten in their office.But if you use a PO box,they deliver it in there and you go pick it up.Hope these helps?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2010
Guys, I want to know if I can book an appointment without paying the visa fee. Someone told me I can pay 5800 now for the appointment and few days to the interview, i can pay the visa fee. i want to book an appointment now in order to secure a convenient day at the embassy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2010
hi, how is it goin here, is been a while.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:34am On Oct 16, 2010
callygood,YES, you can.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 7:56am On Oct 16, 2010
@OjaP, I will do as u said. Its just that my interview is just a couple of weeks away and i'm getting worried.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 8:58am On Oct 16, 2010
@Benom,your online print out is okay for interview.But if you want to receive any mail from the USA,Use a P.O BOX for efficient and safe delivery.All Nairalanders,learn from this.I used a P.O Box all through my admission process.Thanks to my intl Student Adviser who advised me on this though.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:00am On Oct 16, 2010
@Benom,your online print out is okay for interview.But if you want to receive any mail from the USA,Use a P.O BOX for efficient and safe delivery.All Nairalanders,learn from this.I used a P.O Box all through my admission process.Thanks to my intl Student Adviser who advised me on this though.For you to get it,it takes a Maximum of 10 working days.So,you are still good to go, lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2010
Note:It means you can get the mail within 5-10DAYS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2010
@ house, I'll like to ask if the embassy would be requiring the original TOEFL result from ETS, I sat for TOEFL this January, even though the school that offered me admission did not require it. Should I present my result/scrores print-out from their website or an original copy has to be sent directly to them by ETS? I need your responses. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2010
u can to apply to the embassy with ur TOFEL d print out online ok.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2010
OjaP, thanks for your response. i will go get it done
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
@OjaP, thanks for the info. I don dey scout for p.o.box. I really hope I get the results. Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by notjustok: 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2010
Well ma friend went for his student visa interview last week on a virgin passport hw paid about 3k dollars as upfront school fees and went wif applications ade to other schools and he was asked hut 3 questions
1 what are you going to do in the US
2 why did you choose this uni
3 who is sponsoring you

And he was giving the slip to come pick up his visa from what he told me he said the guy kept on denying pple in front of him once u stutter ur denied well i hope this helps anyways and encourages others still on the process

ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
benom

You may use my PO box; I can forward the mail to you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:36pm On Oct 16, 2010
@Benom,what is your email?i want to ask you some few questions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 11:44pm On Oct 16, 2010
l hail all the gurus' for here,
Pls,whats the best way to pay for university application fees from naija
l need solution sharp sharp l beg.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 7:18am On Oct 17, 2010
Hello house.
can anybody help me with info on how to evaluate my transcript from ECE or WES.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nija50: 9:30am On Oct 17, 2010
i went to renew my expired 2years u.s visa.the interviewer told me that he is not denyning me visa but that my application has to go through what they called ''administrative processing''.its about 3 weeks now and i have not heard from them.please has anybody had this experience before??i need ideas please
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 10:39am On Oct 17, 2010
@ OjaP, my email addy is nexxibenom@yahoo.com
@aroy1 please inbox me your box number.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by slyboggie(m): 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2010
nija@50:

i went to renew my expired 2years u.s visa.the interviewer told me that he is not denyning me visa but that my application has to go through what they called ''administrative processing''.its about 3 weeks now and i have not heard from them.please has anybody had this experience before??i need ideas please

Administrative processing is just a fancy way of saying that the officer you interviewed with can do no more on your case. He has approved you for the visa but must check with Washington to make sure it is okay to issue it. This is most common in males 16-45 from certain countries. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong, or that anyone did, but possibly someone with a name close to yours [or something else] did something and they need to clear your name or something about you. It generally has nothing to do with the applicant but the US wants to protect itself from any problems no matter big or small. For the most part, especially students, the case comes back clear and everything is good to go. All you can do is wait patiently and check online. If it gets too close to the time when your I-20 tells you to enter the US I would say very politely call them back to check on the case. For the most part cases take 2 weeks to 90 days to return, though sometimes there is turnarounds of 3 days. Hope it helps!

I do have the same situation as yours, the consular told me that my visa would be ready in two to three weeks ,He said it has to go through the  Administrative process.
Did the consular tell you how long the administrative process is going to last for?if he didn't,then i reckon you either send them an email or give them a ring.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2010
@Ojap, I need you e-mail address so that I can mail and also chat with you, mine is wilfem2002@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nija50: 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2010
@sly boggie.thanks a lot for ur response.mine is a business visa.this is my third 2yrs renewal.the consular said it will take about two weeks to get a response.and the circular they gave me said u are not allowed to make enquiries until after 90 days.i went for the interview on 30th october.i have a canadian visa too and the consular asked me a question based on that.honestly i dont understand.its really confusing
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2010
Hello house please i want to table my matter, i took this SAT that was written on 9th oct, i want to know if i can still use it and go for my interview on nov29th cos i was not granted admission with that sat, my last interview the con told me that my SAT result was poor that why did't i tk another 1, and i was denial because of that. and i had 1190 oh that last one. Pls i really want to know. PlEASE DOES GOING FOR INTERVIEW DIS WEEK SHOULD PLS NO MORE ABOUT THEIR SCHOOL, LOCATION ON THE MAP AND SOME BASIC THING ABOUT THE STATE.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 10:53am On Oct 18, 2010
Hey house, my brother went for his interview today and he was given the Visa for Spring 2011.
The just called me now to inform me. Questions to follow later
Just letting u guys know.
He had it in Abuja
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 11:18am On Oct 18, 2010
The gurus in the house i need your response as much as possible:

I got my i-20 on friday and my school resume by 18th january 2011

am to study computer science with concentration on information system

am married with 3 kids, am 36+ of age and i want to study bachelor

i have HND in Mechanical Engineering now and presently working with a company as a PROJECT ENGINEER.

please assist to identify my chances and ALSO ANY RED FLAG/S YOU NOTICE

please want a load of contribution ,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 11:31am On Oct 18, 2010
Hello house, pls somebody should assist me info on how to evaluate my transcript.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2010
@ Oyewole, Congrate to your brothers victory of getting the key to the castle, We welcome him to the land of Opportunity,

savemysoul:

The gurus in the house i need your response as much as possible:

I got my i-20 on friday and my school resume by 18th january 2011

am to study computer science with concentration on information system

am married with 3 kids, am 36+ of age and i want to study bachelor

i have HND in Mechanical Engineering now and presently working with a company as a PROJECT ENGINEER.

please assist to identify my chances and ALSO ANY RED FLAG/S YOU NOTICE

please want a load of contribution ,

@ Save my soul, The thing is I wont discourage you not to attempt to face the consular, but it would have been advisable if you could have applied for a master degree as their schools that can grant you admission for masters with your working experience and qualification. One thing is "the power to convince the consular lies within you without making him derail to asking you about your age" . Everything is about mindset and prayer.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2010
Guys, you are doing great here. I want to know which place is most likely to grant the visa between Abuja and Lagos. I want to book my appointment sooner.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2010
callygood:

Guys, you are doing great here. I want to know which place is most likely to grant the visa between Abuja and Lagos. I want to book my appointment sooner.

Location doesn't determine your chances of getting a visa, Even If you go to kafancha or Washington DC for your interview , it wont affect your chances. All you just need do is calculate the cost and nearness of the embassy to your present place of abode, shikena

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.