Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,922 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (552030 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ House,
Please use this link to view available dates in the post of your choice
1. http://www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com/applnforms/default.aspx?FromEarilest=true
and
2. http://www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com/schedule.aspx to book for an appointment.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2010
@masepat

There is no available date in the first link you posted which is Abuja.

What do you suggest?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2010
Cuddlemii,
The link is to view available dates. Unfortunately, there are no spaces available for students in Abuja. You may want to have it in Lagos as there are still slots in December.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ naggy & masepat,

Thanks for your response. I was thinking towards your direction before, but I wasn't sure. But thanks for the reassurance. You are highly appreciated.

@wilfrem

Thanks for your contribution too. Actually, there is nothing special I did to get the appointment date. I got error messages over a thousand times, but I got through eventually. From my observation, I see that it easier to book at the middle of the night or early in the morning, than during the day. All those dates I see, I see them at the middle of the night, and not during the day. I had sleepless night between Monday/Tuesday before I could get that date. I first got Nov 22 by 4:30 am. But because I didn't type fast, he page went off. And I didn't get it again till 4pm in the evening. And yes, I was always by my system all through. And by the time I could find the available dates, it started from Dec 1. which means that all the November dates I saw earlier in the morning had been taken in a matter of hours.

Another thing you can do is this. If you have a friend in the US, who can afford to stay with you online, he can book for you. You can always download the appointment letter here when he is through. You will need to be online at the same time, so that you will be providing him with all the information he/she needs. Why I suggest this is that my friend in the US sees those dates 24/7. I have also heard from other guys in US who say they see those dates each time they visit the website. So, all those error messages I am talking about feel strange to them.

I booked my appointment during the day without any errors. Well, it all depends on the connections we are using.
Is EVAF the same as DS 160? because after book my appointment, I was prompted to fill EVAF.
Anyone in the house who had booked his appointment should please respond.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2010
I hail Oh!! Thanks for keeping the flame burning. Can't resist to drop in once in a while when the schedule isn't killing. I will my Ogas to pls advise on this. My wife and daughter did not apply with me when I went for my interview but surely my details showed I was married with a baby in my DS-160. I want to know if there is a time limit on when they can apply for their dependent visa. My girls are missing me so much already and they are even falling ill on me self. Any further tips will be highly appreciated! Waiting for your invaluable contributions as usually. Ciao!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 12:37am On Oct 21, 2010
@callygood; yes, the EVAF is same as D-160. Its just an acronym for EVALUATION FORM or something while DS-160 is just the code in the US documentation tagging. Ciao!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 5:33am On Oct 21, 2010
@ Cuddlemii, this are some of the questions the consular may ask you depending on your course. Check if these may help you prepare and provide brief answerd with fact cos the consular have just 10mins to spend with you. Couple with prayers, you get your blue card immediately for collection of visa. If I may ask, have you paid for your sevis?

ECONOMICS MASTER QUESTIONS,

1. What is your purpose in the USA.
2. what is the name of the school ?
3. where is it located ?
4. what is your GRE SCORE?
5. why did you choose the school?
6. if you had your way which school could you have prefered?
7. what is income statement?
8. what is balance sheet ?
9. what is total of the balance sheet called?
10. what is reciept and payment/income and expenditure.
11. what course are u going to study?
12. what is the curriculum of the course?
13. what is econometrics?
14. what is your job description?
15. who applied for you?
16. how did u apply?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 9:37am On Oct 21, 2010
@seniorak47, thanks for your response. how is study going in the US. I hope you are finding it fair there. No forget your naija people ooooooooooooooooo.

@clickjane,

@ Cuddlemii, this are some of the questions the consular may ask you depending on your course. Check if these may help you prepare and provide brief answerd with fact cos the consular have just 10mins to spend with you. Couple with prayers, you get your blue card immediately for collection of visa. If I may ask, have you paid for your sevis?

ECONOMICS MASTER QUESTIONS,

1. What is your purpose in the USA.
2. what is the name of the school ?
3. where is it located ?
4. what is your GRE SCORE?
5. why did you choose the school?
6. if you had your way which school could you have prefered?
7. what is income statement?
8. what is balance sheet ?
9. what is total of the balance sheet called?
10. what is reciept and payment/income and expenditure.
11. what course are u going to study?
12. what is the curriculum of the course?
13. what is econometrics?
14. what is your job description?
15. who applied for you?
16. how did u apply?

what about someone who is planning to study accounting at undergraduate level? what kind of questions should he be expecting?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2010
hello house no body wants to ans my question. please i ask if i can use the result of the sat i took last 2week saturday for my interview on nov 29th. i was denai b4 because the con said my sat result was poor, and i had 1200 ooh. it is ok for me to that d one i took last 2week. am asking cos i was not given admission with that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2010
@ callygood; am cool and we thank God as ever! Forget where? Me I be Naija for life; na strong eba and eguzi soup I dey try arrange now now! lol!! As per ur question accounting major, b4 my interview a young lady was denied and I remember she was going to a community college in Texas for accounting. There maybe other red flags in her case but from the question line she was going to get the visa because the consular asked her relatively easy questions and even joked about her dad being in Texas and works in the oil and gas industry why was she interested in accounting and not a similar course. The main question that the consular asked her over and over again, like more than 5 times and she couldn't answer satisfactorily caused her to lose the visa. The question is general and not account related; WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CURRICULUM YOU WOULD BE STUDYING IN SCHOOL(x5). Maybe if he asked what subjects or what courses,the lady would have understood but sorry she lost the visa and I was convinced not knowing the answer to that question was her greatest undoing!! Hope this is helpful.

@ my ogas; oyewole,wilfred,chux4life,Superbrain, dasleeky,bomly, everybody, abeg make una try look at my earlier post above and drop some useful bits. Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2010
@Nwaoma; yes you can take along evidence of that result along with you for your interview even if it is an online printout as long as the score is indicated. You maybe lot better if the ETS copy arrives b4 ur interview. But let the consular know that was the reason you were denied in the first place even though your admission was not tied to the result. But you have gone to take the exam as the consular advised, if I were u, I would go back to the same embassy and try to face the same consular again whom maybe your greatest fear right now! Look at the stats on the forum, nobody has been denied for facing his initial denying consular. The worse which is very logical is that you would be referred to another consular fore a second opinion. Just make sure other areas that may be ur low sides are well covered before the interview. Good luck!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2010
@seniorak47,

Thanks man!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2010
seniorak47:

I hail Oh!! Thanks for keeping the flame burning. Can't resist to drop in once in a while when the schedule isn't killing. I will my Ogas to pls advise on this. My wife and daughter did not apply with me when I went for my interview but surely my details showed I was married with a baby in my DS-160. I want to know if there is a time limit on when  they can apply for their dependent visa. My girls are missing me so much already and they are even falling ill on me self. Any further tips will be highly appreciated! Waiting for your invaluable contributions as usually. Ciao!!!  
  How yankee, hope cold never begin dey catch yaa  grin grin grin In respect to your question, that idea of moving your family down there (In my own opinion) looks risky and the chances of your wife or child getting the visa looks dim, Reason is because, Fine in U.S school its always written that if you're coming with Dependant to U.S you must have addition fund, but you should also understand that this same family you left back here in Nigeria, were the evidence you gave to the consular as ties that you will return back to Nigeria, come to think of it if u are the consular , what will be your rationale if someone an applicant use as a tie of coming back home decide to relocate with him to U.S when its evident you applied as a non-immigrant    the possible option Me i go give you be say, they can always try to apply for visiting (Though not certain) that way consular may see it ur family is missing your presence. One thing about my philosophy is nothing is impossible, You can always try your luck, SHIKENA
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 5:21pm On Oct 21, 2010
Hi Chux, thanks for your response. Its very logical. However, my family ties were not the only reasons for returning to Nigeria. I am also a government scholar with a signed bond to return and work for my sponsor (govt) after completion of my program. It was only reasonable that they did not apply with me then due to the chances of visa and also they couldn't have come with me immediately since I needed to settle down and get a place ready for their arrival. I am actually not against the idea of visiting but my peeps would like to stay with me throughout the period of study for other personal reasons hence, the quest for dependants visa.

My strong points are my tuition has been fully paid for the current semester by my govt. and I should able to get confirmation of that and my registration status from my school registrar. They will also be issued I-20 by my school. My bank accounts back home are being operated even while am still here by my wife and family and that will not stop even when they come over. I still get funds wired from nija into my US accounts and these will not stop either. I also have documents showing my guarantors and bond to return home after study.

I was only not sure what the regulations says about how long they have to wait b4 they could apply. I think it is 6-months but am not sure and could not recollect the page I read it any longer.

What do you think to my defenses and any other info?

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 5:24pm On Oct 21, 2010
@ Callygood, here are questions, answers and instruction for Undergraduate Interview below:

1. What is your purpose in the USA? ans. studying (no lengthy talk straight to the point with smiles on your face as you approach your consular during the interview)
2. why did you choose usa and why didn't you study here in Nigeria or another country? ans. I choose (the name of school) because it has a conducive learning environment, well equipped and has inter-student relationship compare to Nigeria Educational System or any other country. (speak boldly)
3. what is the name of the school ? ans. quote the name
4. where is it located ? ans. quote the address, city and the state. (talk boldly as you've read thru your I-20)
5. what is your TOEFL SCORE? ans. if you got any present your score and if you don't have quote this ("Nigeria is an English Speaking Country so you are not expected to write TOEFL Exams) period! (talk with boldness)
6. why did you choose the school? ans. I choose the school (quote the name of the school) cos its cheaper compare to the two other schools that granted me admission (go online find other schools you can use their names and state as reference so as to back your answers.
7. which other schools granted you admission? ans. name those other two and their states name, including the one that granted you admission (making it three).
8. if you had your way which school could you have preferred? ans. your school name and state name, (he/she might ask you again why did you choose it - go back to your answer of no. 5.), cos they are meant to twist questions you've answered before just be wise and smart and talk boldly.
9. what course are u going to study? ans. quote your course
10. why did you choose that course and why not another course? ans. i  choose it cos that's where my career lays in becoming imperative accountant in of these leading banks in Nigeria like Zenith or Union bank where I wish to discharge my knowledge after the completion of my studies.
11. Do you plan to come back to Nigeria? ans. yes absolutely.
12. Who is sponsoring you? ans. my father and nobody else (cos if you told them that its someone else they believe you lieing cos your parents should be able to take care of your expenses).
13. Do you have the statement of account? ans. yes
14. Can I see? ans. yes (then push it to him/her)
15. After graduating from high school what have you be doing? ans. i guess you answer that urself (provide a nice company that you've been working and go along with your id card, attached it to your neck) cos that will make know that you are working not idle.
16. who applied for you? ans. nobody but myself
17. how did u apply? ans. you got a mail from the school like an advert to your inbox and you decide to try it and they granted you admission.

Note: Fast and Pray even sow seed before your interview date. don't make the consular repeats one questions over again cos that sucks and it reduces your point of getting visa. Take your time and listen to the questions carefully to avoid requestioning. Another vital information don't present anything the consular didn't ask, so you don't be too forward; whichever document he/her ask  then you present and be bold.

if there's any other thing you need to know chat with me on yahoo. Good luck!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2010
@ seniorak47, You've got all the point, then go for it man!!!! Ensure your wife have all this point and can clearly define/defend it as you've stated it and I bet the sky is the limit, Wish you best of Luck in your endeavor
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2010
Thank Chux. Any honorable member know if there is a time limit between when my wife and daughter can apply after I left? Still waiting for a response in this regard. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by AdeJyde(m): 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
I'm a newbie here, this log of people's experiences about Vis enquiry is helping me alot! thanks guys smiley n I hope to share my success story real soon wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
A friend is billed for interview by Dec for undergraduate studies,what docs do the gurus advise he goes with?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2010
@jap, did you applied or wants to apply for student interview? if yes, wat statement of account did you wanted to submit during the interview? Or maybe I didn't your question right!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2010
il
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:04am On Oct 22, 2010
Ojap, my advice is walk directly to your international Students adviser and make Him understand whats happening with you. Your own better wey You fit scape through first year, most people have not been able to. After your first semester I think say na automatic for you to get a job as some new comers done even get jobs self.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 3:01am On Oct 22, 2010
OjaP:

House gurus,I need your advise on an issue,it has not been easy here at all, I mean with the financial problems.I am planning to file an application after my first year for financial hardness,does anyone knows which scope to use to tell them i cant sponsor myself again and need to work.All contributions will be highly appreciated.

Ojap i really dont understand you at alll i was part of the people who wished you success in your interview at the same time remember i wrote also that all that glitters is not gold be four you got ur visa you painted a story of too much mny, right from when you stepped your feet into the US you started wif complains on how you wanted to relocate to another university now you wanna go declare financial bankruptcy, well let me advise you if you cant sponsor yourself anymore in your university go and do what others are doing fall in love get your papers and then you can pay resident fees infact with government loan, but the moment you step into that admin office to open ur ass ur in some big trouble, dat na why i dey advice ma peeps for naija say if u wan enter yankee e go better make u enter with visiting visa do ur fing than this student visa, ma friend in Baltimore is running from pillar to post because he couldn't finish his reg and the school has told him to vacate the country, a word is enough for the wise, ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 4:37am On Oct 22, 2010
""ou
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 5:56am On Oct 22, 2010
@ OjaP, don't declare anything to anybody yet. If your semester is over; the next semester the school is gonna place you out-of-status meaning you are no longer paying your tutions. While you are out of status you can as well meet friends around that you can use their id and search for job then continue with life before your visa expires, along the same process you find a lady wey go fit accept you for who you are! That's america for you bro.; struggles with one way or another! Na so we take survive oh!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:19am On Oct 22, 2010
Are there still dates for December at Abuja Embassy?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2010
@clickjane,

Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate this. This is so encouraging. How US be for your side?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2010
@ojap, just be positive, its not easy to be a man,how much is your tution fee for the whole master program?
@house, for those considering studying in the US,there are schools with tuition of less than 1.8million,just do your research very well and also for peeps like me,i made sure i got a school in a state where work is easier to get and tutiton fee is very very low compare to other states!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:13am On Oct 22, 2010
Who knows the direction to vfs collection centre at Abuja?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2010
femiap:

@ojap, just be positive, its not easy to be a man,how much is your tution fee for the whole master program?
@house, for those considering studying in the US,there are schools with tuition of less than 1.8million,just do your research very well and also for peeps like me,i made sure i got a school in a state where work is easier to get and tutiton fee is very very low compare to other states!
You mean universities with tuition less than 1.8 million and hope its not colleges oo undecided , hint us let know, if you cant tell us the school name just tell us the state, it might be handy in cause of my pursuit
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 11:22am On Oct 22, 2010
@ojap, my yahoo messenger is femy804000@yahoo.com.add me up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.