Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546218 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ cappadonna, Texas A&M University,commerce,texas.they waive TOEFFL for naija studenSt.am expecting my acceptance letter from there anytime from now to do my MBA.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 12:20am On Oct 13, 2010
femiap:

@ cappadonna, Texas A&M University,commerce,texas.they waive TOEFFL for naija studenSt.am expecting my acceptance letter from there anytime from now to do my MBA.

@ femiap,
Are u done with GMATPls if u have l will be needing ur assistance.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 7:22am On Oct 13, 2010
@ deevick, yeah am done got 565 in total.guy the exam no easy oh but God dey sha, the minimum requirement for my school is 500 with minimum of 20 in the verbal section.my number is 08022223142,holla me from 4pm coz i will be at work before then.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 7:54am On Oct 13, 2010
Thanks femiap
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 10:30am On Oct 13, 2010
hello house am applying spring, i have gotten my I-20 and my admission letter, the problem i hv now is that i checked the available date for abuja and i saw nov 29 and 30, now am trying to book and they are showing me 16th Dec i dnt really no whts the problem with this. pls i need help.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 11:29am On Oct 13, 2010
@nwaoma, dude nothing do you,the dec 16th date aint bad coz i beleive you going in january.so which school is your admit?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2010
@nwaoma,God will favor you.The last cubicle gave me my visa,u shall be highly favored bro.Stay away from sin and pray for divine favor

Mayday Mayday Mayday!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2010
hello good guys in the house,can u imagine yesterday happens to be ma interview at lagos consulate but non of us were attended to due to their system breakdown all day and we are all reschedule for another day,meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen it was crazy yesterday.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ Sanciro, Don't freight, God dey cool smiley,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 3:50pm On Oct 13, 2010
@sanciro,do not worry,its gonna be good

Sky is my office!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2010
I don't seem to know what has been causing delay from the institution I applied to from getting to me this week as promised. I'm as anxious as anything. I check/refresh my mail box virtually every hour  , just for me to be able to know when I'm being contacted. I just hope and pray they do so before the week runs out 'cos I'm running out of patience   kiss cry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ wilfem, you're not alone. I was to hear from mine last week but nothing from them till now. I guess I will just wait till next week after which I will give them a call.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 7:57am On Oct 14, 2010
Super brain and Wilfem,
I suggest you call the school immediately. In my case, I was very aggressive. I would go through the school's web pages and contact anybody I think is of a high authority (and possibly related to issues partaining to International Students) and then tell the person exactly what I want.

When I sent my financial documents, an administrative staff sat on it for ages. I got a contact and told her everything. Within 2 days of contacting her, my I-20 was processed with several emails of apologies from different people. I feel you guys need to be much more aggressive abt some of these things instead of waiting for them to send u an email. You should understand that this is a very busy period for them as they are attending to fall students and probably sorting issues with Spring applicants too. A personal relationship with them needs to be prompted by you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2010
@masepat,
I really understood your point, although one has to be careful with the way one'll pursue this whole thing. I'll still try and get in touch with other authorities of the institution and see what they can do to it. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 11:11am On Oct 14, 2010
Hi Wilfem,
I quite agree with you to be careful. When I said you should be aggressive, I didn't mean insultive. I also didn't mean you should report staff as if to say duties were not done. I only meant to say that you could talk to someone else and explain yr issue. I also know you understand u should be polite wen u explain. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 11:24am On Oct 14, 2010
masepat:

Hi Wilfem,
I quite agree with you to be careful. When I said you should be aggressive, I didn't mean insultive. I also didn't mean you should report staff as if to say duties were not done. I only meant to say that you could talk to someone else and explain yr issue. I also know you understand u should be polite wen u explain. wink

I just even finished mailing one of the graduate admission staff of the institution. I'm hoping I'll get their reply on time sha
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2010
hello house i have finally gotten a date for Nov 29th 7.30am, i really want the house to pray 4me. Knowing fully well what happened to me the last time, God has taken care of that. I will still share it again so that those going for the first time will note that and correct their selves . Up spring for real.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2010
@nwaoma,You shall be favored!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2010
@ masepat,
Thank God almighty for your advice. The mail I sent to the institution this morning had started yielding fruit as I was replied back, informing me that I've been admitted and that the I-20 is on the way. Glory be unto God in the highest.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2010
Wilfem,
I am glad. Congratulations!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2010
@house has anybody gone for interview lately cos am not feeling gud here cos i have not seen any comment towards that. please if there is any even if u were denial just share ur stuff and others will learn and u will be corrected as well.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
Goodluck to all intending spring semester F-1 applicants,
& No, bois no desert the house oh, na as e be for here men! You'll soon find out i guess!

femiap:

@ deevick, yeah am done got 565 in total.guy the exam no easy oh but God dey sha, the minimum requirement for my school is 500 with minimum of 20 in the verbal section.my number is 08022223142,holla me from 4pm coz i will be at work before then.

Easy bro with letting out ur phone number like this, No let 'em boys come scam u oh,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
My I-20 is on the way too. Is there anyone who lives in North Dakota , US or who is going to be there this spring 2011?

Thank God almighty for your advice. The mail I sent to the institution this morning had started yielding fruit as I was replied back, informing me that I've been admitted and that the I-20 is on the way. Glory be unto God in the highest.

How do you intend going about paying your SEVIS fee?

Can anyone advise me on how to make this payment. I need your response sooner. Thanks!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 6:32pm On Oct 14, 2010
The mail i sent to my school's grad admission officer has started yeilding results. I got a reply from her that my documents have been sent to my dept since sept 17. Almost immediately, a reply came from the dept that they have reached a decision and informed the grad school since sept 23rd. I just hope the person in charge will just do his/her job and send me my I20.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 11:01pm On Oct 14, 2010
@ House, I need an updated information of how to go about the steps to booking an appointment at the embassy. First of all,
How and where do I pay the SEVIS fee and what next. I want to save as much time as I can. Please help me out. I've not gotten the I-20 yet, but I've been offered admission. Thanks in advance for your responses
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 11:33pm On Oct 14, 2010
callygood:

My I-20 is on the way too. Is there anyone who lives in North Dakota , US or who is going to be there this spring 2011?

How do you intend going about paying your SEVIS fee?

Can anyone advise me on how to make this payment. I need your response sooner. Thanks!

How much is your tuition and are you going for undergraduate or graduate?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 4:46am On Oct 15, 2010
How much is your tuition and are you going for undergraduate or graduate?

I am going for an undergraduate and the tuition is 12k plus
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 7:52am On Oct 15, 2010
Wilfem,
Due to certain regulations, most schools refuse to scan I-20 to intending students. So, I suggest you send a mail to the admissions person or to your International students adviser and request that they inform you of details on your I-20 that you will need to book an interview date. They will send you a sevis number amongst other things. Next, go to UBA and pay the VFS and MVR fees and then go to the VFS website ( http://www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com) and book a date.
For your Sevis fee payment, you might want to go the cotonou like they always say on this trend or request that any of your friends/family abroad assist you with the payment.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 10:43am On Oct 15, 2010
Hello house,
I paid me sevis fee last week. But there is still something I worry about. I will not like to give my information here, but I can still explain it in a way everyone should understand. Now, lest assume my names are JAMES BROWN LAWSON. That is the way my name appear on my I-20. When I paid my sevis fee, the online receipt appear as BROWN JAMES LAWSON . You can see that the arrangement of my names had been rearranged. I sent an email to SEVIS, telling them that my name had been rearranged by them. I told them that I need it exactly as the way it is on my I-20. Till now, they didn't reply. Should I just leave it like that? Because I am thinking of bombarding them with phone calls, since they are not replying to the email. But I just want to be sure I am doing what is right, should I follow up with them. All the gurus in the house, please help!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2010
any one that want to pay is SEVIS FEE should contact me on dis number 07092002506 so dat we can discussed.

And again, those dat want to book a date with embassy can also call me.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2010
Hello house,
I paid me sevis fee last week. But there is still something I worry about. I will not like to give my information here, but I can still explain it in a way everyone should understand. Now, lest assume my names are JAMES BROWN LAWSON. That is the way my name appear on my I-20. When I paid my sevis fee, the online receipt appear as BROWN JAMES LAWSON . You can see that the arrangement of my names had been rearranged. I sent an email to SEVIS, telling them that my name had been rearranged by them. I told them that I need it exactly as the way it is on my I-20. Till now, they didn't reply. Should I just leave it like that? Because I am thinking of bombarding them with phone calls, since they are not replying to the email. But I just want to be sure I am doing what is right, should I follow up with them. All the gurus in the house, please help!

I'm still waiting for answer from the house, before I start initiating the call. Please, is JAMES BROWN LAWSON the same as BROWN JAMES LAWSON on the sevis system? My names were rearranged on my online receipt, and they have not been responding to my email. what should I do ooo!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.